AVS Forum banner

2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

2M views 11K replies 739 participants last post by  thoth 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mine is scheduled for delivery on March 6 in 65 inch size. The current no-gap wall mount doesn't specifically mention compatibility with the 2019 models but I have a feeling they wouldn't want to introduce another SKU, and it will work ok. As I mentioned in another thread this will replace a 50 inch plasma which I've had for some time.

#2 ·
No price talk, Epp discussion, or where to buy in the owner's threads.

#3 ·
Mines on order as well in a 65 inch version. It will be replacing a Panasonic zt60 in my bedroom. We bought a q9 75 right before xmas to replace living room plasma. Was so blown away with the q9 that I decided to get the q90. Can’t wait. I was a plasma fan boy. Silly me. These blow plasma out of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Has anybody heard anything about a compatible no-gap mount? I ordered the existing model on a hunch it would work and it included different hardware and directions for the 2017 and 2018 models. Hoping at most I will need different screws, but think there is a good chance the 2018 Q9FN hardware is serviceable on the Q90R.

Also, has anybody got a good lead on the apps that will be available? Am considering going more or less full streaming (w/ antenna for locals) and many of the streaming options involve external hardware...naturally I will be most interested in those that the TV already handles.

Lastly, I seem to be one of the few who is very interested in the improved ambient mode these offer. Will be particularly willing to share my thoughts on it once up and running.

#17 ·
My Amazon.com purchased Q90R is coming this Monday the 4th. It's going to be replacing my 6 year old Samsung UN65F8000.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. :)

Anyone have a good guess on when we'll start seeing reviews with professionally calibrated settings for these sets?

Reactions: FarmerBob
#19 ·
That is really good to hear.

#20 ·
Honestly, the main thing I'm curious about is gray scale uniformity. I ended up returning my Q9FN due to bad DSE, especially while gaming. I hope Samsung has solved the problem.

I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the early Q90R reviews, but the only review site that made mention of the issue on the Q9FN was RTINGS. Fingers crossed.

#22 ·
For those getting these soon, if you game at all, I would love to hear your thoughts on the Game Mode and the new Game Black Enhancer that is new for the 2019 models. Also, if you can test how the Local Dimming works in Game Mode. On the Q9FN when in game mode, if you change the local dimming it does not really do anything...so just curious if this has been fixed Thanks!

#25 ·
I can't wait to see it and see the impressions of the first owners

I think it looks very pretty The most interesting thing about the color accuracy of this tv

Provide a high contrast and Wide view angle What is this innovation

When we get the first measurements and look at them

I know why the QLED TV Initially suffered color accuracy because the color space is very wide and requires an advanced color management system

#32 ·
Lol yeah I suppose I was lucky in a way as if the first set wasn't faulty I would have kept it and the 100 day offer would have been finished so I wouldn't of been able to return it. I do agree with you in a way. I never expected them to release an updated model to the Q900 so soon. I mean it was only released around Late October, early November and then 2 months later at CES there announcing a Q950 and updated version with what seems like pretty big improvements especially the viewing angles and the new filter. Lucky I have been able to return that for a full refund and currently waiting for most likely the 75 Q950 to be available for order. Will be interesting to see how it compares with the same content to the Q900.

#35 ·
Anybody else rolling with the latest model no gap mount? Guessing the machine screws for the 2018 Q9 model would be the ones to try first. In my preferred mounting height it appears to me the bracket will have to overlay both the existing in-wall power outlet and low voltage box. I intend to use some foam padding as a stand-off behind the mount so it doesn’t crush the faceplates, and I have a secondary hole where I can drop the One Connect cable. Since I am creating a small gap behind the mount I intend to use the screw in standoffs that seem to go towards the bottom of the display, to prevent tilting. Would welcome any comment as well as whether I should bother with these magnets that screw into the wall and also appear intended to prevent tilting. I found the wall mount instructions to be very confusing.

#36 ·
Very curious to see early adopter feedback in the areas of dse, black detail, sdr saturation, tint of whites, and local dimming in game mode.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#43 ·
I know this is essentially a Q90r owner's thread but I was wondering if anyone here is considering the Q80r. Unfortunately there is no Q80 thread at the moment and my TV is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning. It will be replacing an almost 13 year old Samsung that has served us well and is still going strong. I am very excited to make the leap to 4K finally.

#44 ·
Super excited to hear the new owner's thoughts on this one. I currently have a 75 in z9d and would love to hear some real owners impressions and even see some photos. The initial reviews have been really good. Hope it doesn't have the uniformity issues of the q9fn.

Reactions: srkmish