2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4084Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2019, 07:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Just some love for the TV:

Was watching Star Trek: Into Darkness on blu-ray last night with wifey. This TV up-scales high bit-rate content so incredibly well. Everything was beautiful. Colors, detail, black levels and contrast were all on peak display for a 1080 source, and I was totally enveloped into the movie's reality. I continue to be very happy with this TV. It's few faults are hardly worth taking note!
Mikejl and BRAC like this.
bjorktribe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Not understanding Samsung going with a 40x12 array on the 82" vs. the much more sensible 30x16 on the 75". While 30x16 results in nearly square zones on a 16x9 format screen, 40x12 gives taller rectangular zones which would seem to promote some additional blooming. As far as exchanging a TV you're happy with in terms of uniformity and blooming, there's always a risk the new 82" could be worse. Of course it might be just fine, you'll only know for sure when it arrives.
VA_DaveB is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 500
2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Not understanding Samsung going with a 40x12 array on the 82" vs. the much more sensible 30x16 on the 75". While 30x16 results in nearly square zones on a 16x9 format screen, 40x12 gives taller rectangular zones which would seem to promote some additional blooming. As far as exchanging a TV you're happy with in terms of uniformity and blooming, there's always a risk the new 82" could be worse. Of course it might be just fine, you'll only know for sure when it arrives.
I initially thought the 40x12 arrangement was a bit strange as well. That said, I’m confident the reasons why Samsung chose that arrangement have been well thought out and tested.
Terminader likes this.

Samsung 82” Q90R * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro

Last edited by BRAC; 06-11-2019 at 10:40 AM.
BRAC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2019, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rudy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,740
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 3254
SWEET EYE CANDY FOR YOUR DISPLAYS:

Nillaz and bjorktribe like this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Rudy1 is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,045
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6422 Post(s)
Liked: 6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
I believe it’s a simple case of doing just enough to beat out your competition. The 85” 950G is the main competition for this 82” Q90 and that set has what, maybe 80-100 zones correct?
IN FALD, in the upper size, Sony has no comparable product to the 90R, there is a gap.

85X950G = to the 82Q80R.
75Z9F but nothing bigger = to the 75Q90R
85Z9G = to the 82Q900R.
BRAC likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,631
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12492 Post(s)
Liked: 11674
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Sleep easy, the 82” is a great set. Blooming control is still very good and mine has great uniformity. I can’t imagine you being happy with the 75” and then not happy with the 82”, in fact I’d be shocked if that were the case.

It goes without saying, that the bigger the screen gets, the more obvious any flaws will become. The minor trade off is worth it for the extra immersion factor your getting from the larger screen imo.

warranty update :

the company assigned to my case was supposed to call and set up appointment but I didn't hear anything. today I was checking the mail and found a "sorry we missed you" card. of course you missed me you idiots you never set up an appointment lol I called them back and they now can't come back out til next Tuesday. clowns.

as for the larger screen showing more flaws, it definitely sucks and is a trade off I'll have to take too. but I have a small fix as a backup just in case it's too bad. I feed all content through my Oppo 203 which has various zoom options and also has a "shrink" that option too. it shrinks it to about 50%.then if you go into the custom ratio option on the TV you can then make that larger and make the screen any size you want to. so you can basically turn it back into a 75 or 70"tv if the source is terrible and it'll go back to being a little sharper and hiding those flaws/noise.
ray0414 is online now  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
I initially thought the 40x12 arrangement was a bit strange as well. That said, I’m confident the reasons why Samsung chose that arrangement have been well thought out and tested.

I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm not sold on them being well thought out.
Panson likes this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Nillaz is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
warranty update :

the company assigned to my case was supposed to call and set up appointment but I didn't hear anything. today I was checking the mail and found a "sorry we missed you" card. of course you missed me you idiots you never set up an appointment lol I called them back and they now can't come back out til next Tuesday. clowns.

as for the larger screen showing more flaws, it definitely sucks and is a trade off I'll have to take too. but I have a small fix as a backup just in case it's too bad. I feed all content through my Oppo 203 which has various zoom options and also has a "shrink" that option too. it shrinks it to about 50%.then if you go into the custom ratio option on the TV you can then make that larger and make the screen any size you want to. so you can basically turn it back into a 75 or 70"tv if the source is terrible and it'll go back to being a little sharper and hiding those flaws/noise.

That sucks about the service call. They aren't exactly giving a positive first impression.
Panson likes this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Nillaz is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm not sold on them being well thought out.
They wouldn’t just randomly select that layout only for the 82” screen size. There has to be a performance related reason why they chose that arrangement.
Terminader likes this.

Samsung 82” Q90R * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro

Last edited by BRAC; 06-11-2019 at 08:49 PM.
BRAC is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Balthazar2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,273
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 808
My 82Q90R will be delivered tomorrow. I'm pretty excited and a little hesitant too. This will be my first Samsung TV as I have previously been a Sony stalwart (currently own a 75X940C and 65X930C). After a disastrous experience with the Sony 85X900F late last year I am very hopeful the Q90R will bring me the size AND quality I am looking for. I did try a one week stint with the LG 77C9, but at ~15' back the 77" was just a tad too small for my liking. Otherwise it was a fantastic TV. I've got high hopes for the Q90R.... I just hope my expectations aren't too high....
Terminader and ray0414 like this.

Sony 77A9G / Marantz SR-7012 / Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 50XT, Motion 4, Motion FX / 2 x Rythmik FV15HP / AppleTV 4K / ShieldTV
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
They wouldn’t just randomly select that layout for the only for the 82” screen size. There has to be a performance related reason why they chose that arrangement.

I wasn't suggesting it's random, just that I'm not convinced that whatever benefit they gain outweighs the practical arrangement they use on the smaller sizes.
Terminader likes this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Nillaz is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

Don't know how I missed this earlier but just watched it and it was excellent. Thanks!

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Nillaz is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Finally got replacement after issues with (I'm assuming) one connect cable and losing sound. Those things are unbelievably fragile

Anyway looking for additional sets of eyes. How's my uniformity?

https://ibb.co/2scxNLr
TheDean1285 is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Terminader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 1614
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean1285 View Post
Finally got replacement after issues with (I'm assuming) one connect cable and losing sound. Those things are unbelievably fragile



Anyway looking for additional sets of eyes. How's my uniformity?



https://ibb.co/2scxNLr
Looks good from here!
Terminader is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Balthazar2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,273
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean1285 View Post
Finally got replacement after issues with (I'm assuming) one connect cable and losing sound. Those things are unbelievably fragile

Anyway looking for additional sets of eyes. How's my uniformity?

https://ibb.co/2scxNLr
I'd take it. A tad off on the right half vs the left, but I would consider it good overall.

Sony 77A9G / Marantz SR-7012 / Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 50XT, Motion 4, Motion FX / 2 x Rythmik FV15HP / AppleTV 4K / ShieldTV
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 4,273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I’m not really enthusiastic about the different backlight configuration of the 82” tv if it really just has 12 vertical zones rather than 16.

On a wide screen 2.35:1 film, the 16 zones line up perfectly so that 2 zones go dark for the black bars on top and bottom. My 75" has inky black bars above and below a 2.35:1 film like The Lego Movie 2.

But with just 12 zones, 1.5 zones need to go black for the black bars. Not possible. So just one zone will go dark and half a zone will be blooming just above and below the movie. If each zone on the 82" TV is 3.35" tall, that would leave 1.675" of glowing black bar above and below the movie.

Can someone try to grab a photo of this blooming on their 82” tv with a 2.35:1 film?

Last edited by Shape; 06-11-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Shape is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I’m not really enthusiastic about the different backlight configuration of the 82” tv if it really just has 12 vertical zones rather than 16.

On a wide screen 2.35:1 film, the 16 zones line up perfectly so that 2 zones go dark for the black bars on top and bottom.

But with just 12 zones, 1.5 zones need to go black for the black bars. Not possible. So just one zone will go dark and half a zone will be blooming just above and below the movie.

Can someone try to grab a photo of this blooming on their 82” tv with a 2.35:1 film?

I already tried, but I couldn't get a good exposure with my cell phone. It doesn't help that my recording/photography skills suck to begin with.



It's not so bad in real world applications, with one exception: bright highlights at the edge of the frame in HDR content. On mine that causes the black bars to light up noticeably. I hesitate to post a photo here because I know what the inevitable hellish response would be.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Nillaz is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I’m not really enthusiastic about the different backlight configuration of the 82” tv if it really just has 12 vertical zones rather than 16.

On a wide screen 2.35:1 film, the 16 zones line up perfectly so that 2 zones go dark for the black bars on top and bottom. My 75" has inky black bars above and below a 2.35:1 film like The Lego Movie 2.

But with just 12 zones, 1.5 zones need to go black for the black bars. Not possible. So just one zone will go dark and half a zone will be blooming just above and below the movie. If each zone on the 82" TV is 3.35" tall, that would leave 1.675" of glowing black bar above and below the movie.

Can someone try to grab a photo of this blooming on their 82” tv with a 2.35:1 film?
I guess you’ll find out soon enough.

I’m very sensitive to blooming and I’m quite happy with how my 82” handles 2.35 bars. In fact, I returned both an 85900F and then a 75Z9F because of what I deemed to be excessive blooming.

That said, the small black bars in some Netflix content are a whole other issue.

Samsung 82” Q90R * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
I guess you’ll find out soon enough.



I’m very sensitive to blooming and I’m quite happy with how my 82” handles 2.35 bars. In fact, I returned both an 85900F and then a 75Z9F because of what I deemed to be excessive blooming.



That said, the small black bars in some Netflix content are a whole other issue.


Shhhh! The z9f police might be around you may get a summons.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ray0414 and Cam1977 like this.
sd13 is online now  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:50 PM
Member
 
manis52581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Help

Hello all - I’m a long time reader but rarely have I ever posted. Learned sooo much over the years from all of you!

I’m in a state of paralysis by analysis after reading countless pages of posts on here along with all kinds of reviews online. I’m torn between a Sony 85” X950G and the Samsung 82” Q90R. 85% of my usage is sports (MLB, UFC, NFL) and during NFL season that’s when most of my entertaining goes on with guests viewing from angles. The other 15% is some directv and 4K content via nvidia shield with various apps. My space is a loft consisting of a wide floor plan so when guests are over they sit at angles as extreme as 45 - 55 degrees and up to 15 - 18 feet away. I do have a large window to the side of the TV thats about 4X8 feet that faces west. When I’m personally watching it’s from 12 feet centered up. I’m able to take advantage of Samsung EPP so there is only $600 difference between the two tv’s. Please offer up opinions and help me make a decision! I would like to pull the trigger on the purchase ASAP.

Side note: the extra 3” of screen is appealing in the Sony along with their color accuracy and the Samsungs antiglare and angle viewing is also appealing along with it’s deep darks. I currently own a Samsung 82” UN8000. Thanks for the help!
manis52581 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 03:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Launch your game and let it go into game mode then press settings and scroll down to general, go to External Device Manager then go to game mode settings and switch from Auto to Off. This will stop the TV going in to Game Mode when a Game is switched on. Then you can toggle manually if you want the game mode on. What i have found best for Gaming is any HDR Gaming i set it up in Standard Mode, i found this the punchiest and more detailed picture for HDR Games. Ensure HDMI Black Level is set to Low. But for non HDR Games i find it better in Game mode and play about with picture settings to get the best picture for you. The Game Enhancer on mainly for better Sound because from what i have found for Picture is when you use Game Enhancer it just lets you save different Picture Settings in the Expert Settings, because if you set all the expert settings the same for Game Enhancer ON/OFF the picture is exactly the same, so you could set up 2 different picture settings for different kinds of Games, one for darker games and one for brighter more colourfull games. This is just my opinion through messing around, if anyone has any comments im open to suggestions as i am no expert but feel im using the TV to its best for Gaming, i could be wrong tho.
mikee01 likes this.
ste1969phen is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,356
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1969phen View Post
Launch your game and let it go into game mode then press settings and scroll down to general, go to External Device Manager then go to game mode settings and switch from Auto to Off. This will stop the TV going in to Game Mode when a Game is switched on. Then you can toggle manually if you want the game mode on. What i have found best for Gaming is any HDR Gaming i set it up in Standard Mode, i found this the punchiest and more detailed picture for HDR Games. Ensure HDMI Black Level is set to Low. But for non HDR Games i find it better in Game mode and play about with picture settings to get the best picture for you. The Game Enhancer on mainly for better Sound because from what i have found for Picture is when you use Game Enhancer it just lets you save different Picture Settings in the Expert Settings, because if you set all the expert settings the same for Game Enhancer ON/OFF the picture is exactly the same, so you could set up 2 different picture settings for different kinds of Games, one for darker games and one for brighter more colourfull games. This is just my opinion through messing around, if anyone has any comments im open to suggestions as i am no expert but feel im using the TV to its best for Gaming, i could be wrong tho.
Please review your post before hitting submit reply.
Mikejl, mitohobe, BRAC and 1 others like this.
VA_DaveB is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Terminader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 1614
New firmware available today in the U.S...any takers? Notice any changes, good or bad?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...v-q90r-series/

1303.7

Last edited by Terminader; 06-12-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Terminader is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VARTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: VA Beach, VA
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
New firmware available today in the U.S...any takers? Notice any changes, good or bad?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/o...v-q90r-series/

1303.7
Didn't come up when I pulled up the menu...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information


email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

VARTV is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Member
 
mitohobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARTV View Post
Didn't come up when I pulled up the menu...






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mitohobe is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitohobe View Post




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish Samsung would stop using this canned description for every firmware they release.
Terminader and bjorktribe like this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Nillaz is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Member
 
mitohobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
I really wish Samsung would stop using this canned description for every firmware they release.


Agree. A detailed description would be to much to ask for I guess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mitohobe is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I did the update via USB. I don't really notice anything so far. I checked small black bars on Netflix, and they still suck, so that isn't fixed.
Terminader likes this.
Akaglty is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I don't know if it's intended, but when you're in Standard picture mode, and have the local dimming on Standard as well, it has this drastic dimming effect during credits. If you have local on high it doesn't happen. I was hoping this was fixed with the update, but it wasn't.
Terminader and mikee01 like this.
Akaglty is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Balthazar2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,273
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Looks like the Q90R took 4th in the VE Shootout. Not real encouraging.

Sony 77A9G / Marantz SR-7012 / Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 50XT, Motion 4, Motion FX / 2 x Rythmik FV15HP / AppleTV 4K / ShieldTV
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off