2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 170 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4535Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5071 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VARTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: VA Beach, VA
Posts: 5,143
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
Good luck. I had two 82" sets delivered to two different locations back in April.

Both were excellent. On time, good quality, nice delivery people. I had to help each one a little since there was only one person and the 82" is big! Each was helpful enough to bring the sets into each house about 50 feet or so at ground level.
I was talking with the a/v techs over here when they hung my TV. They told me a story where the homeowner was "helping" when all of a sudden he dropped his side of the TV. His new TV was done.

First delivery we had was one guy, in his mid-50s, a hand truck, and his own jacked up pickup truck. I wasn't going to help. Immediately refused delivery. The second time - two guys both wearing harnesses - they knew what they were doing.
Loren Kruse. likes this.

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information


email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

VARTV is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5072 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 07:32 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionblue View Post
Got these from Crutchfield.

One Connect Box dimensions: 15-3/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 7-5/8"D



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Don’t forget to add a couple of inches to the depth and width for connections. USB cables or memory sticks slide in the side.
WannaBinHD likes this.
Kelly Kober is offline  
post #5073 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ted99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,989
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 444
many thanks @ionblue and @Kelly Kober .

I just ordered the 82 Q90 from Amazon on their Prime day sale. They are following their 2018 Q9 pricing profile, so far, and last year the Prime day sale was the lowest that will be seen before the pre-Superbowl sales. I figured that I'd take it now, rather than waiting six months for only a very small further decrease. Added a 4-yr warranty from Asurion for $131.99. I don't normally do this, but I've been living with a panel failure on my 4+ yr old Samsung UN75Hu8550, which is now a boat anchor. Really cheap if Asurion is any good--figure I have Amazon as an advocate if needed. Interestingly, I've paid about the same for the 82" Q90 as I did for that 75".

Only a $2K difference between the Q90 and the Q900, but I've decided that there are still a couple of shoes to drop on 8K, while the Q90 is as good as 4K is going to get, for a bright room. I figure in 5 years, I'll be replacing the 82" and my 120" FP with a modular micro-LED of 100" size for about the same cost and get a second bedroom back when I don't need a light-controlled environment for a PJ.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
Ted99 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5074 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 08:32 AM
Member
 
ionblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Going to be a fun night! Hopefully without a bunch of profanity!




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
ionblue is offline  
post #5075 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just pulled the trigger on the 82" through Samsung EPP. Saturday night I ordered the 75", then this morning saw that Rakuten/Ebates cash back was at 9% on Samsung.com, so... upgraded. 75" delivery on Tuesday 23rd gets refused, and 82" delivery on Thursday 25th gets welcomed with open arms.
WannaBinHD and Terminader like this.
Blackjacker is offline  
post #5076 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Member
 
bellhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
many thanks @ionblue and @Kelly Kober .

I just ordered the 82 Q90 from Amazon on their Prime day sale. They are following their 2018 Q9 pricing profile, so far, and last year the Prime day sale was the lowest that will be seen before the pre-Superbowl sales. I figured that I'd take it now, rather than waiting six months for only a very small further decrease. Added a 4-yr warranty from Asurion for $131.99. I don't normally do this, but I've been living with a panel failure on my 4+ yr old Samsung UN75Hu8550, which is now a boat anchor. Really cheap if Asurion is any good--figure I have Amazon as an advocate if needed. Interestingly, I've paid about the same for the 82" Q90 as I did for that 75".

Only a $2K difference between the Q90 and the Q900, but I've decided that there are still a couple of shoes to drop on 8K, while the Q90 is as good as 4K is going to get, for a bright room. I figure in 5 years, I'll be replacing the 82" and my 120" FP with a modular micro-LED of 100" size for about the same cost and get a second bedroom back when I don't need a light-controlled environment for a PJ.
Congrats on the TV.

I am in the same boat as you as far as deciding on what TV to get. I agree with you on the 90R vs. the 900, I think 8k still is a couple of years away from the mainstream & the Q90R is probably about as good as 4k UHD is going to get n a LCD panel.

? for you, why did you go with Asurion for the warranty?

To the everlasting glory of the infantry Shines the name, shines the name of Rodger Young
bellhead is offline  
post #5077 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 170
RTINGS did a comparison between the Q90 v Q900. For those on the fence it's worth a look. The difference in contrast is pretty shocking.
egrady is offline  
post #5078 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post
RTINGS did a comparison between the Q90 v Q900. For those on the fence it's worth a look. The difference in contrast is pretty shocking.
I can’t find this comparison. Can you provide a link please?

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #5079 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Member
 
moodysj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
I agree.



It’s definitely more important on the lower brightness sets. I prefer the HDR10 presentation on my Q90 compared to the Dolby Vision presentation on any of my former sets...A1E, 900F, Z9F and C8. You’re right though, it likely has more to do with the hardware on each of those sets than DV vs HDR10.
So if you're watching a particular title that is available in DV, will the PQ be better on this tv without DV, or on another (arguably lesser, unless its a super mac daddy set like the Q90) tv with DV?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
moodysj is offline  
post #5080 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ted99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,989
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Congrats on the TV.

I am in the same boat as you as far as deciding on what TV to get. I agree with you on the 90R vs. the 900, I think 8k still is a couple of years away from the mainstream & the Q90R is probably about as good as 4k UHD is going to get n a LCD panel.

? for you, why did you go with Asurion for the warranty?
Pretty simple. Amazon offered it as part of the Q90 purchase and the price was good. Left to my own devices, I would have gone with square trade. My hesitation with square trade is that there has been some discussion about applying a square trade warranty to a non-Costco purchase. I know that it is seemingly resolved and it's OK, but there is a nagging doubt that if I had to use it 4 years from now and there were any issues, I feel like I could get Amazon involved with Asurion. Who would be my Champion with Square Trade? If I were purchasing the TV from Costco, I could get them involved, but from Amazon? I think I'd be on my own and just one customer with zero clout.
ray0414 likes this.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
Ted99 is online now  
post #5081 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysj View Post
So if you're watching a particular title that is available in DV, will the PQ be better on this tv without DV, or on another (arguably lesser, unless its a super mac daddy set like the Q90) tv with DV?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
Definitely this tv with HDR10 > lesser tv with DV

The individual performance metrics of competing sets FAR outweigh any differences in HDR10 vs DV imo, no contest. Grab the best performing tv first and then consider HDR formats as a distant second.

That said, a best case scenario would be a Q90 with all the HDR formats.
Loren Kruse. and ray0414 like this.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #5082 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Member
 
moodysj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Definitely this tv with HDR10 > lesser tv with DV



The individual performance metrics of competing sets FAR outweigh any differences in HDR10 vs DV imo, no contest. Grab the best performing tv first and then consider HDR formats as a distant second.



That said, a best case scenario would be a Q90 with all the HDR formats.
Maybe I didn't ask the question correctly. If the title is in DV only and not in HDR10+, would it show better on the Q90 (which we all know currently does not have DV) or some other tv that is DV (and maybe HDR10 also) capable?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
moodysj is offline  
post #5083 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Member
 
smile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionblue View Post
Got these from Crutchfield.

One Connect Box dimensions: 15-3/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 7-5/8"D



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'm not sure that is correct for the 2019 model. I'm away from home and can't measure, but I believe it is taller than that,... as well as the connections allowance.
smile is offline  
post #5084 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysj View Post
Maybe I didn't ask the question correctly. If the title is in DV only and not in HDR10+, would it show better on the Q90 (which we all know currently does not have DV) or some other tv that is DV (and maybe HDR10 also) capable?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
Impossible to answer that question. Far too many variables involved.

It’s important to note that HDR10 is the industry standard and is the base layer default for sets without DV or HDR10+.

Many of the reputable review sites can’t find significant differences between DV and HDR10 on the majority of content and brighter sets will also require less tone mapping and therefore lessen the additional benefits of DV/HDR10+ dynamic metadata even more.
Loren Kruse. and Terminader like this.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro

Last edited by BRAC; 07-15-2019 at 01:22 PM.
BRAC is offline  
post #5085 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,829
Mentioned: 260 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12680 Post(s)
Liked: 11915
what's the current firmware?
ray0414 is offline  
post #5086 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
what's the current firmware?
1303
ray0414 likes this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Nillaz is offline  
post #5087 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 02:20 PM
Member
 
ionblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile View Post
I'm not sure that is correct for the 2019 model. I'm away from home and can't measure, but I believe it is taller than that,... as well as the connections allowance.


Just unboxed mine. It’s 2 1/2 tall, 15 1/4 ish long, and about 5 1/8 deep. This is for the 75” model. I think the 82” is taller?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ted99 likes this.
ionblue is offline  
post #5088 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
I can’t find this comparison. Can you provide a link please?
google Samsung Q90 v Q900
egrady is offline  
post #5089 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post
google Samsung Q90 v Q900
Did that. Nothing.

Just their usual set to set review comparisons, unless that’s what you were talking about.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #5090 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Did that. Nothing.

Just their usual set to set review comparisons, unless that’s what you were talking about.
Funny, I get a side to side comparison.
egrady is offline  
post #5091 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post
Funny, I get a side to side comparison.

Yep, that’s the usual one. You can side by side any two tv’s they have reviewed.

I thought maybe they did a video comparison like the recent Q&A: C9 vs A9G vs A8G video that they recently posted on their website and YouTube.

No worries.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #5092 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
GeorgeHolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionblue View Post
Thanks. Tried it and it says scheduled already and to call to change. So 9-1 tomorrow if they aren’t late!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Samsung listed my scheduled delivery date as 7/16. I called AGS on 7/10 because I got an email and they let me know it was arriving the next day in the local warehouse and gave me the local number if I wanted to schedule an earlier delivery. Talking to the local warehouse, they offered to deliver Friday but since mine was only a 55" with soundbar and they were very close, I picked them up on Thursday July 11th. Point is I believe they are conservative with their delivery times but you would need to call.
Terminader likes this.
GeorgeHolland is offline  
post #5093 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 05:24 PM
Member
 
ionblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Good news: got it mounted and setup without cursing to high heaven. Bad news: have to rethink my AV stand. Which means buying something else. Which the wife is fine with so it isnt the worst news.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Loren Kruse. and Terminader like this.
ionblue is offline  
post #5094 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Member
 
vermont99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just ordered the Q90R instead of the Q900RB from Amazon delivery set for 7/24 hope I made the correct choice also ordered the 4 year warranty.
WannaBinHD and Ted99 like this.

Emovita XMC-1, 2 XPA-1's, XPA-5, Salk Ht3 L/R Salk Center, 2 V1500 Subs, Pioneer Elite 60", KDlinks A400 Media Player, Pioneer Elite DVD, Emovita CD
vermont99 is offline  
post #5095 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Loren Kruse.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: West Texas
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionblue View Post
Good news: got it mounted and setup without cursing to high heaven. Bad news: have to rethink my AV stand. Which means buying something else. Which the wife is fine with so it isnt the worst news.
Some assembly required but good quality - look at Office Depot website and search for: Credenza
Loren Kruse. is offline  
post #5096 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 06:11 PM
Member
 
ionblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

The picture on this awesome, even with SDR content from Netflix. Actually think it may be too bright still as we’re used to watching things with basically dark room calibration settings, With minor tweaks for day viewing.

But damn. Using the RTings.com settings and color turned a bit lower and I love it. My only real question is if I have the motion settings right. We don’t watch sports, but watch a lot of movies and streaming stuff. So hopefully the settings from RTings.com are ok for that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Mikejl likes this.

Last edited by ionblue; 07-15-2019 at 07:42 PM.
ionblue is offline  
post #5097 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi all. Bit of help please. When i connect my xbox1x directly to the OCB the only sound option on the xbox is "stereo uncompressed" wont give me any option for anything else, no bitstream options. When im connected directly to receiver "Onkyo 676e" its fine. I know atmos wont be passed through until eARC but surely i should be able to get some bitstream options. Is this correct or am i missing something. If it is correct then the freesync part of the tv is useless. Any help please.
ste1969phen is offline  
post #5098 of 6378 Old 07-15-2019, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,829
Mentioned: 260 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12680 Post(s)
Liked: 11915
Tv arrived today from Video and Audio Center Via Amazon. Tv arrived luckily in perfect shape. Based on current pricings it was a steal to get it for open box/brand new/never used.

It was curbside drop off but the driver was cool enough and offered to help me and my dad get it into the house. and yes it was a JOB lol my dad had the pleasure of being at the bottom when we went up the stairs. I don't think he believed me when i told him how huge it was lol

I have 1 night with the 75Q9FN before the trucking company picks it up for my refund warranty claim tomorrow. Will post more impressions later but the 82 is noticeably bigger (obviously.) I also still need to assemble the new tv stand i ordered but haven't had time with rushing to get my remodel done ( or at least done enough to be able to get some things back together in time to have space for this beast).

Don't mind the newly (but unfinished Living room). worked all night to finish the walls and clean up to get the room ready to have space to put that tv in. I don't think I've ever pulled an actual "all nightery" before and stayed up til 6/7pm the next day. now that i got my nap in i can put the tv through some paces and check it out.







75Q9FN*55C8oled* Oppo 203/UB820*S10+*DenonX4200

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN

Last edited by ray0414; 07-15-2019 at 08:04 PM.
ray0414 is offline  
post #5099 of 6378 Old 07-16-2019, 03:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1969phen View Post
Hi all. Bit of help please. When i connect my xbox1x directly to the OCB the only sound option on the xbox is "stereo uncompressed" wont give me any option for anything else, no bitstream options. When im connected directly to receiver "Onkyo 676e" its fine. I know atmos wont be passed through until eARC but surely i should be able to get some bitstream options. Is this correct or am i missing something. If it is correct then the freesync part of the tv is useless. Any help please.
Your posts are hard to read. Samsung phone?

Anyway, I initially had the same problem with my Xbox One X and was able to get it sorted out. I will need to get back into the settings when I get home today, because I can’t recall how I solved it off the top of my head. Rest easy though, as it’s most definitely a settings thing.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #5100 of 6378 Old 07-16-2019, 05:57 AM
Member
 
super kermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quick Q

When mounting the soundbar on a flat surface like an entertainment unit, do people keep it flat (the speakers are then aimed at my knees) or have people angled the bar slightly upwards to have the speakers aimed at ear level?

I could use something like this or a variation to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	product_image_sq_ds1_2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	2591300  
super kermit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off