2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 215 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4806Likes

post #6421 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1969phen View Post
eARC never going to happen on this model TV
Agreed it's probably vaporware at this point. More likely they are working on next years models instead of developing new features for the current models. This really stinks as the lip sync issue is the only strike against the Q90 IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6422 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6848 Post(s)
Liked: 6846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramiell View Post
No its not. If your sportcar is not capable go over 60 there is something wrong. That is not glitch; its false car, not worth so much money
Well I do not know of any current sports car with this issue....... The bottom line is every set has "issues", if you can not deal with a said "issue" you are forced to move to another set I guess, even though you do not want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post
I guess I should have jumped while these were on sale. Once again, out of my price range. Even on sale it was crazy expensive.
Its good to have financial boundaries, good that you stand your ground about your price range, buy what you can afford.....
Panson likes this.

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 10-28-2019 at 02:03 PM.
post #6423 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Hi,

I am on contemplating on getting the Q90R 82” TV. One of the big draw backs I’ve read is that there is a lip-sync issue with this TV. I’ve been reading through to forums to see if anybody has a Sonos Playbar 5.1 setup but I haven’t found any such post. Is there any Q90R owner with a Sonos Playbar 5.1 setup that can confirm that their setup works with no lip syncing issues? I would not want to buy the TV only to find out that I also have to buy a new surround sound system.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6424 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocardsfan View Post
Hi,

I am on contemplating on getting the Q90R 82” TV. One of the big draw backs I’ve read is that there is a lip-sync issue with this TV. I’ve been reading through to forums to see if anybody has a Sonos Playbar 5.1 setup but I haven’t found any such post. Is there any Q90R owner with a Sonos Playbar 5.1 setup that can confirm that their setup works with no lip syncing issues? I would not want to buy the TV only to find out that I also have to buy a new surround sound system.

Thanks in advance!
That depends on if you have external sources that you want to connect to the TV (receiver box, disc player) and also want to pass Dolby Digital sound through the TV to the Playbar. If that is the case you will get lipsync problems.

The cases where you should expect it to work without the (very obvious) TV-delayed audio are:

* You set all external sources to output PCM (2-channel) audio instead of Dolby Digital (or DTS). The Sonos Playbar plays in Stereo anyway, right?

* You have no external sources and only use the TV built in receiver and apps. Also Dolby Digital works fine in this case.
post #6425 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
That depends on if you have external sources that you want to connect to the TV (receiver box, disc player) and also want to pass Dolby Digital sound through the TV to the Playbar. If that is the case you will get lipsync problems.

The cases where you should expect it to work without the (very obvious) TV-delayed audio are:

* You set all external sources to output PCM (2-channel) audio instead of Dolby Digital (or DTS). The Sonos Playbar plays in Stereo anyway, right?

* You have no external sources and only use the TV built in receiver and apps. Also Dolby Digital works fine in this case.

I may not fully understand these scenarios but I think it is much better than you are stating.

- I have no issue with any internal app (Amazon, Netflix, Apple TV) with sound sent to a receiver in a traditional way. Amos, DD+, etc

- No issues hooked up to Fios One watching 4K live or on demand hooked up to receiver in traditional way.

- No issue with Xbox One (including Amazon & Netflix app) hooked up in a traditional way

I have zero issues.

That said, it appears some people have issues when they run sound through their TV (game mode???) or when using a some sound bars. I can't validate since this does not reflect my setup.
post #6426 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Well I do not know of any current sports car with this issue....... The bottom line is every set has glitches, if you can not deal with a said glitch you are forced to move to other set I guess, even though you do not want to.

Its good to have financial boundaries, good that you stand your ground about your price range, buy what you can afford.....

Exactly... but your bottom line is wrong... if you can find much cheaper TVs with much better black handling its not a glitch; its heavy fault of product. Thank you for telling me what to do; but I can actually manage it myself.

I just dissagree what you said cause i dont see it like just a ,,glitch" as someone posted before your reply.

thats it, nothing more. end of OT from my side

Last edited by Ramiell; 10-28-2019 at 01:00 PM.
post #6427 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesd View Post
I may not fully understand these scenarios but I think it is much better than you are stating.

- I have no issue with any internal app (Amazon, Netflix, Apple TV) with sound sent to a receiver in a traditional way. Amos, DD+, etc

- No issues hooked up to Fios One watching 4K live or on demand hooked up to receiver in traditional way.

- No issue with Xbox One (including Amazon & Netflix app) hooked up in a traditional way

I have zero issues.

That said, it appears some people have issues when they run sound through their TV (game mode???) or when using a some sound bars. I can't validate since this does not reflect my setup.
I assume what you call the receiver is your audio amplifier. The problem arises if you connect HDMI (with Dolby Digital) to the TV (One connect box) so that the sound goes through the TV and then to your ampifier.

My answer to ohiocardsfan concerned using a Sonos Playbar, which does not have HDMI connections.
post #6428 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
I assume what you call the receiver is your audio amplifier. The problem arises if you connect HDMI (with Dolby Digital) to the TV (One connect box) so that the sound goes through the TV and then to your ampifier.

My answer to ohiocardsfan concerned using a Sonos Playbar, which does not have HDMI connections.
JanB, I didn't mean to imply you were factually wrong just overstating the significance/number of people impacted.

There is a little personal bias here...but IMHO people shouldn't spend this much on a tv and then skimp on the sound. I don't have a top of the line system but I do at least have a 5.1.4 setup. 100% HDMI all through an Onkyo TX-RZ830. I admit that I don't do shooting games on the Xbox but haven't noticed any delay issues with Forza.
post #6429 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got my Q90 this weekend and installed the supplied cable behind the wall into a Powerbridge in wall kit. I know that the cable isn't in wall rated, but the Powerbridge kit distance is about 3 feet from the bottom of the top receptacle to the top of the bottom receptacle. I rather be safe than sorry so i searched for the in wall kit, but it's out of stock everywhere. I've looked everywhere from Samsung.com to eBay and everywhere in between, all out of stock.

I'd rather be safe than sorry since this cable carries power. The TV is mounted on studs for my outside wall and there's no insulation material in there. I've searched this thread, some people say it's ok to go behind, others, which I'm more inclined to agree with, say it's not wall rated so therefore unsafe. I'd rather not have my insurance company give me $0 for a fire due to my TV because of the cable.

Given this short distance, should I worry too much?

I also accidentally asked this question in the wrong section (the Q90R review thread), for which I apologize.
post #6430 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocardsfan View Post
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
I have a playbar, sub, and two play one speakers for 5.1 and have no issues at all. The playbar is optical. Issues seem to come from arc via hdmi.
post #6431 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
JanB, I didn't mean to imply you were factually wrong just overstating the significance/number of people impacted. ....
ohiocardsfan wanted to know what to expect when using a Sonos Playbar. That is what I tried to answer. The users that are affected by the excessive audio delay find it significant, so knowing how to avoid it is essential.
post #6432 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrasz View Post
I'm curious if anyone prefers the contrast enhancer on at all with hdr? With it off, I find the hdr image is a bit dim and this is at 50 backlight. It doesn't really pop until I set this to low. High seems too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 View Post
I have dimming on high, contrast enhance on low, color on 30 and color temp warm 2 and that is giving great HDR. Contrast enhancer needs to be on low for HDR or its too dark. I have the backlight at about 35 and it's plenty bright, punchy, and with inky blacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post
I use contrast enhancer on low as well. As you noticed, HDR really pops with it set to low. Beyond low is overkill.
In all my of testing with test patterns/demo disks, using Contrast Enhancer causes too much chroma clipping in HDR. Even on low, no combination of Contrast/Color settings could prevent the chroma clipping (on my set). The Panasonic UB820 "HDR Optimizer" sadly had the same effect (I was looking forward to using it after all the glowing reviews about the feature).
post #6433 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Have been using my q90r for about 7 weeks now and luckily have not had lip sync issues. One connect arc is connect to a Sony receiver with sky satellite and a ps4 pro connected also to one connect. Internal apps, sky and ps4 have not shown any issues with lip sync. Living in Ireland so on a European firmware. Setting are at dolby digital as opposed to pcm. I dont believe that every owner is having the issue so there has to be something to it and people suffering need to complain to Samsung as it might simply be a firmware fix?? Just my thoughts.
post #6434 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanners View Post
Have been using my q90r for about 7 weeks now and luckily have not had lip sync issues. One connect arc is connect to a Sony receiver with sky satellite and a ps4 pro connected also to one connect. Internal apps, sky and ps4 have not shown any issues with lip sync. Living in Ireland so on a European firmware. Setting are at dolby digital as opposed to pcm. I dont believe that every owner is having the issue so there has to be something to it and people suffering need to complain to Samsung as it might simply be a firmware fix?? Just my thoughts.
I haven't had any lip sync issues either. Have it connected to a Denon receiver. All my consoles go through the Denon and the receiver also properly handles auto low latency mode which is nice. All in all it's been relatively smooth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #6435 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Have been using my q90r for about 7 weeks now and luckily have not had lip sync issues. One connect arc is connect to a Sony receiver with sky satellite and a ps4 pro connected also to one connect. ... Setting are at dolby digital as opposed to pcm. ...
So you get correct audio delay when your Sky box (connected to the one connect box) outputs Dolby Digital through the TV via ARC to the audio amplifier?
That's strange. See reports and measurements here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...t/td-p/1165111
(I'm holding off updating to the latest firmware (1318) because my work-around works, but others report they see no improvement with firmware update.)
post #6436 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Choi View Post
I got my Q90 this weekend and installed the supplied cable behind the wall into a Powerbridge in wall kit. I know that the cable isn't in wall rated, but the Powerbridge kit distance is about 3 feet from the bottom of the top receptacle to the top of the bottom receptacle. I rather be safe than sorry so i searched for the in wall kit, but it's out of stock everywhere. I've looked everywhere from Samsung.com to eBay and everywhere in between, all out of stock.

I'd rather be safe than sorry since this cable carries power. The TV is mounted on studs for my outside wall and there's no insulation material in there. I've searched this thread, some people say it's ok to go behind, others, which I'm more inclined to agree with, say it's not wall rated so therefore unsafe. I'd rather not have my insurance company give me $0 for a fire due to my TV because of the cable.

Given this short distance, should I worry too much?

I also accidentally asked this question in the wrong section (the Q90R review thread), for which I apologize.
Instead of waiting for an in-wall rated cable to come in stock, I just decided to go for the CableClear. NEC and UL listed for power cables.
post #6437 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
JanB

So you get correct audio delay when your Sky box (connected to the one connect box) outputs Dolby Digital through the TV via ARC to the audio amplifier?
That's strange. See reports and measurements here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...t/td-p/1165111
(I'm holding off updating to the latest firmware (1318) because my work-around works, but others report they see no improvement with firmware update.)

Yep, connected through the one connect box, don't think it's strange... it's suppose to work that way. I remember a few weeks back asking my wife to see if she could see if lips matched the audio or not as I had read the reports. But nope, was driving myself mad to see if lips were synced, sometimes thought there was a delay sometimes ahead but realised I was over analysing trying to find the fault. I'm still on a sky hd 2tb box and not the q box if that makes a difference. Having the q installed on the 9th so I can report back then.
post #6438 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
If anyone gets the updated Shield TV, please post if the new AI upscaling makes a big difference on this TV . I doubt they will be bringing that feature over to the older models.

https://www.androidcentral.com/nvidi...i-4k-upscaling
ray0414 likes this.
post #6439 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailow View Post
If anyone gets the updated Shield TV, please post if the new AI upscaling makes a big difference on this TV . I doubt they will be bringing that feature over to the older models.

There's a demo of it up in
at the 8:05 mark. Not specific to this tv but pretty neat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ray0414 likes this.
post #6440 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 12806 Post(s)
Liked: 12149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailow View Post

You guys are both awesome.

Watched the video and indeed the upscaling was super impressive.

I just did a quick search at best buys website and found there to be exactly 1 available within 100 miles of me, all other stores were sold out (it released today!!).

So I went ahead and snatched it up for pickup tomorrow!! Gonna grab Wizard of Oz while I'm there too.

If the Ai upscaling works as good as they say, it could be a huge weapon to have in the arsenal for those with the 82" TV where everything is magnified (all sizes tho too).

Will let you guys know tomorrow as soon as I test it!!

BTW here's a picture I made showing the demo in that video with the upscaling on and off.

Edit: added a 2nd picture from another video showcasing the Ai upscaling on a 720p YouTube video. It's in split screen mode and Holy crap look at the difference!!!

82Q90*X4200*55OledC8*Oppo 203/Panasonic 820*Note10+

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN

Last edited by ray0414; 10-28-2019 at 10:27 PM.
post #6441 of 7025 Old 10-28-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
.... I'm still on a sky hd 2tb box and not the q box if that makes a difference. Having the q installed on the 9th so I can report back then.
I don't think Sky HD or Sky Q would make a difference. What makes the whole
difference in my setup is if either the external source is set to PCM (Stereo)
or Q90R is set to output as PCM. Then the audio delay added by Q90R is correct.

When both the source and Q90R is set to Dolby Digital the audio delay added by Q90R is INCREASED about 160ms.
The increase is visible in the measurement I made (below). Note that the sound pulses in this measurement should not line up, but the difference in delay between the two measurements should not differ 160ms (from 112 to 272 in the below plots).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PCM_2_TV_ref-66ms.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2633514   Click image for larger version

Name:	DD_2_TV_ref-66ms_.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	2633516  
post #6442 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 12:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
You guys are both awesome.

Watched the video and indeed the upscaling was super impressive.

I just did a quick search at best buys website and found there to be exactly 1 available within 100 miles of me, all other stores were sold out (it released today!!).

So I went ahead and snatched it up for pickup tomorrow!! Gonna grab Wizard of Oz while I'm there too.

If the Ai upscaling works as good as they say, it could be a huge weapon to have in the arsenal for those with the 82" TV where everything is magnified (all sizes tho too).

Will let you guys know tomorrow as soon as I test it!!

BTW here's a picture I made showing the demo in that video with the upscaling on and off.

Edit: added a 2nd picture from another video showcasing the Ai upscaling on a 720p YouTube video. It's in split screen mode and Holy crap look at the difference!!!

82Q90*X4200*55OledC8*Oppo 203/Panasonic 820*Note10+

I've been messing around with the Shield Pro for the last couple of hours. The upscaler does help clean up extremely fine detail a bit, and I have to admit it's been fun using the upscaler demo mode for direct A/B comparisons. I greatly prefer using the adjustable slider bar as opposed to the option to toggle the whole image between modes. All in all it's a pretty slick trick and makes it's point pretty hard.

OTOH I don't think it's a night and day difference in real world usage. Don't get me wrong you can absolutely see an increase in detail in still images, but when watching actual moving content the difference is still there yet far less apparent. It's also somewhat limited ATM since it only works at max 1080p/30 and, and even then I've found a couple circumstances where the upscaler refuses to engage even with content below that threshold. Also, the Netflix app doesn't automatically adjust frame rate for it's content so you have to manually adjust it from a 3rd party app which is kind of a kludge.

It's snappier than my other Shields and has a few other benefits that I appreciate so I don't regret the purchase, but I do look forward to Nvidia getting some of the kinks worked out.
ray0414 likes this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #6443 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
I've been messing around with the Shield Pro for the last couple of hours. The upscaler does help clean up extremely fine detail a bit, and I have to admit it's been fun using the upscaler demo mode for direct A/B comparisons. I greatly prefer using the adjustable slider bar as opposed to the option to toggle the whole image between modes. All in all it's a pretty slick trick and makes it's point pretty hard.

OTOH I don't think it's a night and day difference in real world usage. Don't get me wrong you can absolutely see an increase in detail in still images, but when watching actual moving content the difference is still there yet far less apparent. It's also somewhat limited ATM since it only works at max 1080p/30 and, and even then I've found a couple circumstances where the upscaler refuses to engage even with content below that threshold. Also, the Netflix app doesn't automatically adjust frame rate for it's content so you have to manually adjust it from a 3rd party app which is kind of a kludge.

It's snappier than my other Shields and has a few other benefits that I appreciate so I don't regret the purchase, but I do look forward to Nvidia getting some of the kinks worked out.
Awesome feedback.

Have you tried using the upscaler on a cable streaming service such as YouTube TV or sling etc?
post #6444 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 01:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:

I have zero issues.

Quote:
Just so there's no confusion, Yatesd has correctly stated he has a receiver, not an audio amplifier. A "Receiver" aka a "AVR" (Audio Video Receiver) is a unit that contains both the A/V preamp/processor and a multichannel amplifier. Or you can have separate units; an A/V preamp/processor and a multichannel Amplifier that are connected by interconnects or XLR cables. An HDMI cable can not be connected to an amplifier.

7.2.4, AV7702mkII, MM8077, MC205, UDP-203, 82Q90R, Tivo Bolt, Richard Gray 400s, B&W Nautilus, Fathom F113, Harmony Elite

Last edited by bekindrewind; 10-29-2019 at 01:19 AM.
post #6445 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 01:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Awesome feedback.

Have you tried using the upscaler on a cable streaming service such as YouTube TV or sling etc?

Not yet. I'm gonna try to snag the login to my buddies Youtube TV account sometime this week so we'll see how it goes.
ray0414 likes this.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #6446 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
Not yet. I'm gonna try to snag the login to my buddies Youtube TV account sometime this week so we'll see how it goes.
I'll have mine tomorrow so I'll be able to test those streamers right away if they are compatible.

In this video, an 11year old 720p YouTube video seems to come to life with the Ai upscaling.

Have you noticed much ringing or artifacts added with using it?

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
post #6447 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 04:52 AM
Advanced Member

Seems I have an ARC issue with OTA in the Q90R. I just tried using ARC and the Q90R keeps defaulting to tv speaker instead of staying on Receiver.

Here's the set up:
1. AVP is set up for ARC. Both in the set up menu and HDMI monitor 1 ARC out.
2. Q90R is set up OTA with antenna, HDMI in ARC 3
3. HDMI cable is certified and working properly. I tried another certified cable just in case, still have the problem.

Q90R settings:
Source, Samsung TV plus
Settings, External Device Manager, Anynet + (HDMI-CEC)
Settings, Sound, Sound Output, Receiver (HDMI)

When in Sound Output, TV Speaker is active. I hear the sound from the tv speakers and the blue graph bars are active.
I switch to Receiver (HDMI), the blue graph bars are active, however I still hear the TV speakers. I choose close to accept that input.
It reverts back to TV Speaker.

I tried clicking on Optical, the blue graph bars are active and no sound. (Because I don't have an optical cable connected). I choose close, it stays on Optical.

I find this interesting...Home menu, Settings. When I click on "TV speaker Sound Output", I can click Receiver. When I click Receiver, the "Standard Sound Mode" icon to the left will flash. The TV speaker Sound Output will default back to tv speakers.

Why is the Q90R defaulting to TV Speaker when I choose Receiver HDMI.
What setting am I missing?
Are we having fun yet?

7.2.4, AV7702mkII, MM8077, MC205, UDP-203, 82Q90R, Tivo Bolt, Richard Gray 400s, B&W Nautilus, Fathom F113, Harmony Elite
post #6448 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll have mine tomorrow so I'll be able to test those streamers right away if they are compatible.

In this video, an 11year old 720p YouTube video seems to come to life with the Ai upscaling.

Have you noticed much ringing or artifacts added with using it?

https://youtu.be/kmqa3c-oiAk

I haven't seen many artifacts unless I cranked the upscaling to the max, and even then it was mostly unnoticeable and hard to tell if it was due to the upscaling or poor Youtube compression. No serious complaints in this regard...I might be more critical if this was a Lumagen or Madvr box but for a $200 streaming device I'm not upset with the results.
ray0414 likes this.

post #6449 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post
Just so there's no confusion, Yatesd has correctly stated he has a receiver, not an audio amplifier. A "Receiver" aka a "AVR" (Audio Video Receiver) is a unit that contains both the A/V preamp/processor and a multichannel amplifier. Or you can have separate units; an A/V preamp/processor and a multichannel Amplifier that are connected by interconnects or XLR cables. An HDMI cable can not be connected to an amplifier.
Yes, it does not hurt to be distinct. I was just making sure I understood that it wasn't the (TV) "receiver" in the One Connect Box he referred to.
post #6450 of 7025 Old 10-29-2019, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post
Seems I have an ARC issue with OTA in the Q90R. I just tried using ARC and the Q90R keeps defaulting to tv speaker instead of staying on Receiver.

Here's the set up:
1. AVP is set up for ARC. Both in the set up menu and HDMI monitor 1 ARC out.
2. Q90R is set up OTA with antenna, HDMI in ARC 3
3. HDMI cable is certified and working properly. I tried another certified cable just in case, still have the problem.

Q90R settings:
Source, Samsung TV plus
Settings, External Device Manager, Anynet + (HDMI-CEC)
Settings, Sound, Sound Output, Receiver (HDMI)

When in Sound Output, TV Speaker is active. I hear the sound from the tv speakers and the blue graph bars are active.
I switch to Receiver (HDMI), the blue graph bars are active, however I still hear the TV speakers. I choose close to accept that input.
It reverts back to TV Speaker.

I tried clicking on Optical, the blue graph bars are active and no sound. (Because I don't have an optical cable connected). I choose close, it stays on Optical.

I find this interesting...Home menu, Settings. When I click on "TV speaker Sound Output", I can click Receiver. When I click Receiver, the "Standard Sound Mode" icon to the left will flash. The TV speaker Sound Output will default back to tv speakers.

Why is the Q90R defaulting to TV Speaker when I choose Receiver HDMI.
What setting am I missing?
Are we having fun yet?
What I found out is that I needed to set up the Q90R remote to control my AVP. Then when in Q90R Sound Output, clicking on receiver, it accepts it and stays connected. Now ARC is working.
That is strange. I have no need to use the Q90R remote. I use a Harmony Elite to control everything, including the Q90R. It seems like Sammy makes you set up their remote in order to use ARC? Whatsupwidthat.
Terminader likes this.

Last edited by bekindrewind; 10-29-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page