I am hoping some kind soul can assist me with a problem I have with my new Q90R and several input source devices and have failed to find a solution for over 2 weeks now. I spent big bucks to get the Q90R and the reference grade Panasonic UB-9000 Ultra 4K HDR Blu-Ray player --- and I am not experiencing what I wanted to be awesome 4K experiences (my first 4K TV).
I have 2 main HDMI sources:
1. (HDMI 1) Verizon FiOS set top box (specifically, the Arris IPC4100 "mini FiOS One" STB. Firmware fully updated to latest version (1315 version I believe).
2. (HDMI 2) Panasonic UB-9000 Ultra 4K Blu-Ray player. Firmware fully updated (forget the version but is the latest).
I have a 50-foot run to the sources above (they are on the lower floor of my ranch home).
I have the FiOS STB connected to the Q90R via an Amazon HDMI Extender (4K HDR HDbaseT Long Range HDMI Extender Kit 330ft 100m ETHERNET 18GBPS Single CAT5e CAT6 CAT7 2.0B 4K @ 60hz UltraHD YUV 4:4:4 Uncompressed Transmitter Receiver IR RS232 HDCP2.2 CONTROL4 Savant) from No Hassle AV.
I have the Panasonic UB-9000 connected to the Q90R via a Kordz Active Fiber 20-meter (65.6-foot) fiber HDMI cable.
1. With the FiOS STB connected to the HDMI Extender, picture is black. HDMI extender status lights state a stable HDCP signal, but display is total black (suspect HDMI Handshake issue).
2. With the FiOS STB connected to the Kordz active fiber HDMI cable, the FiOS STB works every single time.
3. With the UB-9000 connected to the Kordz active fiber HDMI cable, picture is total black (suspect HDMI Handshake issue).
4. With the UB-9000 connected to the Kordz active fiber HDMI cable and powered up, will display on Q90R ONLY if I power on the Q90R. Works every time this way. Switching from another input source experiences Issue #3
above (e.g. picture is total black).
5. With the UB-9000 connected to the HDMI Extender, picture is black. HDMI extender status lights state a stable HDCP signal, but display is total black.
6. With a laptop that has a Full HD display (e.g. 1920x1080p picture), HDMI Extender displays laptop screen on Q90R - works every time this way.
7. Took an older Samsung Blu-Ray player (model BD-H5900) to test, HDMI Extender properly displays movies and menus - works every time this way.
Hopefully this description shows what troubleshooting I have done. The HDMI Extender and associated CAT7 Ethernet cable is not defective -- it works with my Full HD display laptop and the older model Samsung Blu-Ray player. It does not work at all with the FiOS STB. The puzzling thing is that the FiOS STB works every time with the (expensive) Kordz fiber HDMI cable, but not so with the UB-9000. The UB-9000 only works with the Kordz fiber HDMI cable if I power cycle the Q90R --- after this any changing of the input source to FiOS and then back it shows the total black display.
I have tried all combinations of the Input Signal Plus and the Anynet+(HDMI CEC) settings to no avail.
The only thing that seems to have next step merit is to enter the service menu and disable the HDMI Clock Control --- but this option makes me think twice about doing this.
Can one of you experienced folks possibly help me out?
Thank you so much in advance --- I REALLY want to enjoy the Q90R and my reference grade UB-9000 Blu-Ray player. My first experience with a high-end 4K TV and Ultra Blu-Ray player is not been a happy one!