2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 227 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5121Likes

post #6781 of 7886 Old 11-22-2019, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjacker View Post
You could move the One Connect box down to the lower level with your sources, use "normal" length HDMI cables to connect your sources and use the 15-meter One Connect cable to connect the OCB to your Q90R (assuming your "50-foot run" is a hair shorter than 50-feet.)
What a great suggestion (as in "Why didn't I think of that"?).

I will have to see ... I need very close to the 50-feet as this gives me about 2 feet of slack. However, no one knows (of course) the challenge I face in this task as the hole in the fireplace framing (which already suffered from having to rebuild the existing TV mount to accommodate the bigger mount required for the bigger TV and the One Connect Box --- my previous TV was a 60-inch LCD) is full from fishing 2 CAT6 and 1 CAT7 network cables, plus the Kordz HDMI fiber cable, filled the existing 1-inch hole that snakes to the basement. The head of the OCB fiber cable is large in the context of the existing hole diameter.

Going to have to give this some thought --- but I will definitely test the short cable runs before I consider undertaking the effort. Great suggestion though, so thank you!

I may have to return this TV --- I would prefer not to do so.
gtscode likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6782 of 7886 Old 11-22-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
HDMI is notorious for being extremely finicky over long distances, and what works for one person will not necessarily work for the next. It's fine that your gear is in the basement, but could you test with short conventional HDMI cables anyway? I'd very much like to know the results.
So I ran some tests, with an interesting result.

For the HDMI Extender, substituting both a new CAT7 Ethernet cable and a short 6-foot new HDMI premium high speed cable, neither the FiOS STB nor the Panasonic UB-9000 Blu-Ray player works. It just seemingly cannot get by the HDMI handshake --- even though the HDMI Extender status light indicates a successful HDCP handshake.

Connecting the FiOS STB directly to the TV with the same (new) 6-foot HDMI premium cable works perfect.

Connecting the Panasonic UB-9000 Blu-Ray player with the same (new 6-foot HDMI premium cable) --- the player went into an automatic configuration mode. I thought it did this originally, but when it booted it always displayed SETTINGS on the local device display. After I configured it (again), it worked fine.

Then I connected it back to the Kordz Active Fiber HDMI cable (65.6-feet 20-meters), and guess what --- it worked perfectly. Prior to this test, it would only work with the fiber (optical) cable when the TV powered on. Now it works all the time in any state (e.g. TV powers on, TV switches from another input source, back and forth and up and down). Perfect!!!

So my final results:

HDMI Extender --- does NOT work in any way shape or form with both the FiOS STB and the UB-9000 Blu-Ray player.
Fiber HDMI cable --- works perfectly with both the FiOS STB and the UB-9000 Blu-Ray player.

That is one for two. I will have to get a "loaner" HDMI Extender of another brand --- the HDMI Extender works with my Full HD laptop but not with the Q90R and the UB-9000.

Closer ... but I'm giving up on this specific HDMI Extender. $300 down the drain.
post #6783 of 7886 Old 11-22-2019, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson6192 View Post
So I ran some tests, with an interesting result.

For the HDMI Extender, substituting both a new CAT7 Ethernet cable and a short 6-foot new HDMI premium high speed cable, neither the FiOS STB nor the Panasonic UB-9000 Blu-Ray player works. It just seemingly cannot get by the HDMI handshake --- even though the HDMI Extender status light indicates a successful HDCP handshake.

Connecting the FiOS STB directly to the TV with the same (new) 6-foot HDMI premium cable works perfect.

Connecting the Panasonic UB-9000 Blu-Ray player with the same (new 6-foot HDMI premium cable) --- the player went into an automatic configuration mode. I thought it did this originally, but when it booted it always displayed SETTINGS on the local device display. After I configured it (again), it worked fine.

Then I connected it back to the Kordz Active Fiber HDMI cable (65.6-feet 20-meters), and guess what --- it worked perfectly. Prior to this test, it would only work with the fiber (optical) cable when the TV powered on. Now it works all the time in any state (e.g. TV powers on, TV switches from another input source, back and forth and up and down). Perfect!!!

So my final results:

HDMI Extender --- does NOT work in any way shape or form with both the FiOS STB and the UB-9000 Blu-Ray player.
Fiber HDMI cable --- works perfectly with both the FiOS STB and the UB-9000 Blu-Ray player.

That is one for two. I will have to get a "loaner" HDMI Extender of another brand --- the HDMI Extender works with my Full HD laptop but not with the Q90R and the UB-9000.

Closer ... but I'm giving up on this specific HDMI Extender. $300 down the drain.

I'm glad to hear that the fiber HDMI is working, but that sucks about the extender. Even still, progress is progress.

I saw that someone else mentioned the 15m One Connect cable, and that is also where my mind was going when I asked you to test with short wires. I've used these wires on the last 3 televisions I purchased and they have all done a great job. Depending on your setup it could be difficult if not impossible to route the cable to your basement, but if you do have the capability of running one of these it should be considered. They're not cheap cables but if 49' is long enough it could solve your issue completely.

If you do go this route make sure you get part number VG-SOCR15 for a 65" Q90R. Any other wire is going to be for a different display.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6784 of 7886 Old 11-22-2019, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any way to turn off the universal guide? I could have sworn I had moved it to the end of the app bar and it wasn't being used but it's back in the first position again.

Also I may have missed this above but did was their word on if the native video apps provide better quality than the Roku? I feel like Disney plus has more banding on Roku ultra compared to the built in app but maybe it's just me.

Edit: Okay the Roku ultra is definitely not as crisp as the native app. Did A/B comparisons and you can see the banding in gradient areas of the image. Interestingly enough the blacks were richer on the ultra.

Edit 2: Ah found that setting the hdr mode in Roku to 4:2:2 fixed this.

Last edited by cstrasz; 11-22-2019 at 09:20 PM.
post #6785 of 7886 Old 11-22-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrasz View Post
Any way to turn off the universal guide? I could have sworn I had moved it to the end of the app bar and it wasn't being used but it's back in the first position again.

I wish. It has a mind of it's own and I gave up on fighting with it ages ago.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #6786 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that the fiber HDMI is working, but that sucks about the extender. Even still, progress is progress.

I saw that someone else mentioned the 15m One Connect cable, and that is also where my mind was going when I asked you to test with short wires. I've used these wires on the last 3 televisions I purchased and they have all done a great job. Depending on your setup it could be difficult if not impossible to route the cable to your basement, but if you do have the capability of running one of these it should be considered. They're not cheap cables but if 49' is long enough it could solve your issue completely.

If you do go this route make sure you get part number VG-SOCR15 for a 65" Q90R. Any other wire is going to be for a different display.
Thank you for the information and suggestions ... I greatly appreciate them.
post #6787 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7174 Post(s)
Liked: 7207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Racer View Post
Can anyone recommend a TV calibration expert that covers the Northern CA area? Ideally, I would like to find someone that not only can calibrate my Q90R, they could also calibrate my 7.2.6 Dolby Atmos sound system on the same visit.
Chad ,D-Nice and Kris do CA sometimes.

Chad B : [email protected]
D-Nice : [email protected]
Gregg Loewen : [email protected]
Kris Deering [email protected]

If all else fails master list :

<<< Click Here >>>

<<< Click Here >>>
Robbie Racer likes this.
post #6788 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Looking at reviews for the Q90R, which most are from back in the May timeframe. Has there been any updates that deal with the aggressive local dimming or brightness quite a bit above the EOTF curve??
Thanks, Gerry

Sony XBR 77A9G - Sony STR-DH790 ATMOS - Sony UBP-X700 UHD BD Player - 2019 Shield TV Pro - 2019 Roku Ultra
post #6789 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Please forgive the dumb question...
Looking at the remote control, I don’t see an input select button. How do you switch inputs?

Also, do you know if Samsung has discrete power on and off it codes for a Harmony remote? What about discrete input or codes?
post #6790 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 04:00 PM

Well this is frustrating. My game mode no longer has the auto option available and it's permanently grayed out. Had this working fine via arc to my Denon receiver for a couple months and now all of a sudden it's no longer working. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get auto to be selectable again.

I have everything going through the Denon to the Sammy. The only thing I noticed was when I went to Roku on the receiver it had game mode set to on (because of my previously having to manually set it to on for PS4 on another one of the receivers inputs). So I turned it off while viewing Roku and decided to start up Xbox today and noticed it didn't kick into game mode automatically (because game mode was set to off from earlier I guess?).

Any ideas on how to fix this? The receiver supports the low latency mode and it was working beautifully for the Xbox one x before. But now I have to manually turn it on and off since the auto isn't kicking in on the tv.

Last edited by cstrasz; 11-23-2019 at 05:18 PM.
post #6791 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
Please forgive the dumb question...
Looking at the remote control, I don’t see an input select button. How do you switch inputs?

Also, do you know if Samsung has discrete power on and off it codes for a Harmony remote? What about discrete input or codes?

Press the home button on the remote to bring up smart hub. Your different devices show up as squares along the bottom ribbon. If they aren't there you can scroll almost all the way to the left to get to Sources. With any source highlighted you can press up on the remote for the option to add it to the Home ribbon.

The Q90 does have discrete codes for both power and inputs. They are the standard codes used by Samsung TV's for the last several years.

post #6792 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well this is frustrating. My game mode no longer has the auto option available and it's permanently grayed out. Had this working fine via arc to my Denon receiver for a couple months and now all of a sudden it's no longer working. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get auto to be selectable again.

I have everything going through the Denon to the Sammy. The only thing I noticed was when I went to Roku on the receiver it had game mode set to on (because of my previously having to manually set it to on for PS4 on another one of the receivers inputs). So I turned it off while viewing Roku and decided to start up Xbox today and noticed it didn't kick into game mode automatically (because game mode was set to off from earlier I guess?).

Any ideas on how to fix this? The receiver supports the low latency mode and it was working beautifully for the Xbox one x before. But now I have to manually turn it on and off since the auto isn't kicking in on the tv.

The only way I've ever been able to do this is to start over and let the TV rediscover the input again. I've never been able to do it by manually adding the source, but there might be a method I'm not aware of.

Before you go messing around with it, did you check in the Xbox settings and make sure that ALLM didn't accidentally get disabled?

post #6793 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 12872 Post(s)
Liked: 12242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Looking at reviews for the Q90R, which most are from back in the May timeframe. Has there been any updates that deal with the aggressive local dimming or brightness quite a bit above the EOTF curve??
Thanks, Gerry

I personally think the 82Q90 needs to be MORE aggressive with its dimming at times. Do you calibrate to 100 nits? If not, it's not a big deal.

There are some tricks to pull the Eotf curve in line. I believe lowering the contrast or the backlight can lower the EOTF curve.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
post #6794 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
The only way I've ever been able to do this is to start over and let the TV rediscover the input again. I've never been able to do it by manually adding the source, but there might be a method I'm not aware of.

Before you go messing around with it, did you check in the Xbox settings and make sure that ALLM didn't accidentally get disabled?
Thanks for the info! I did verify its toggled on with the Xbox. I also did a hard reset on the Xbox to see if that would fix things but no luck.

Do you know how to have the tv rediscover the input? I haven't figured out how to do that. Right now I have one input source for my receiver that everything runs through. When I press up on it to go to the submenu and I select the any connect submenu (think that's what it's called) to refresh sources, nothing comes up other than my Roku since that's always on. It doesn't list the Xbox when it's powered.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by cstrasz; 11-23-2019 at 09:12 PM.
post #6795 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Quoted: 12872 Post(s)
Liked: 12242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Thanks, Gerry

I personally think the 82Q90 needs to be MORE aggressive with its dimming at times. Do you calibrate to 100 nits? If not, it's not a big deal.

There are some tricks to pull the Eotf curve in line. I believe lowering the contrast or the backlight can lower the EOTF curve.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
post #6796 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I did verify its toggled on with the Xbox. I also did a hard reset on the Xbox to see if that would fix things but no luck.

Do you know how to have the tv rediscover the input? I haven't figured out how to do that. Right now I have one input source for my receiver that everything runs through. When I press up on it to go to the submenu and I select the any connect (thing that's what it's called) option to refresh sources, nothing comes up in the window. I've only ever seen it list the Roku in there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You're probably not going to like this answer, but the only way I was ever able to rectify this was by literally starting over...as in factory resetting the TV like it came straight out of the box. I always felt like this "Break glass in case of emergency" method was ridiculous so if someone has a less cumbersome method perhaps they can chime in.

It's actually even a little more complicated than that. I found with my Denon that before I initiate the Q90 factory reset I MUST make sure that the Denon and Xbox are powered on and the receiver MUST be on the Xbox input. With my x6400 this forces the Q90 to see the HDMI input the receiver is connected to as the Xbox One and configures the input accordingly, thus making ALLM available. This adds the Xbox (which once again is in actuality the receiver) as a source on the Smart Hub home row. If this is done correctly the icon in smart hub is colored green and says "Xbox One". Done incorrectly the box is black and says "Xbox", or if you had the wrong input selected on the receiver it shows as whatever device is connected to that input. Also, editing the source information (i.e. changing the source name, etc) in Smart Hub after the fact will immediately and irrevocably disable ALLM once again.

I've been using Samsung QLED's for the last several years so I'm pretty well acquainted with the menus and know what most of my preferred settings are so I can reconfigure most everything in just a few minutes. The longest part of setting up everything again is re-entering my white balance and color settings. I custom calibrate my displays so I don't use default values. It's kind if tedious inputting 21 point values but them's the breaks. I have found it helpful to take pictures of the Advanced Picture Settings menu with my cell phone for easy reference. All in all at this point I can probably get back to where I was settings wise in about 20 minutes total, but of course YMMV.

post #6797 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You're probably not going to like this answer, but the only way I was ever able to rectify this was by literally starting over...as in factory resetting the TV like it came straight out of the box. I always felt like this "Break glass in case of emergency" method was ridiculous so if someone has a less cumbersome method perhaps they can chime in.

It's actually even a little more complicated than that. I found with my Denon that before I initiate the Q90 factory reset I MUST make sure that the Denon and Xbox are powered on and the receiver MUST be on the Xbox input. With my x6400 this forces the Q90 to see the HDMI input the receiver is connected to as the Xbox One and configures the input accordingly, thus making ALLM available. This adds the Xbox (which once again is in actuality the receiver) as a source on the Smart Hub home row. If this is done correctly the icon in smart hub is colored green and says "Xbox One". Done incorrectly the box is black and says "Xbox", or if you had the wrong input selected on the receiver it shows as whatever device is connected to that input. Also, editing the source information (i.e. changing the source name, etc) in Smart Hub after the fact will immediately and irrevocably disable ALLM once again.

I've been using Samsung QLED's for the last several years so I'm pretty well acquainted with the menus and know what most of my preferred settings are so I can reconfigure most everything in just a few minutes. The longest part of setting up everything again is re-entering my white balance and color settings. I custom calibrate my displays so I don't use default values. It's kind if tedious inputting 21 point values but them's the breaks. I have found it helpful to take pictures of the Advanced Picture Settings menu with my cell phone for easy reference. All in all at this point I can probably get back to where I was settings wise in about 20 minutes total, but of course YMMV.
Trying this out right now and the 2 times I've reset, the source shows up as the avr name instead of Xbox. I made sure to have the Denon and Xbox on and set to the Xbox input.

The first time I thought it was because of restoring backed up data after the factory reset but it doesn't seem related to that since I skipped restoration the second time around. Do you have HDMI Control on with the Denon? I have that off and only arc on since I control everything through my Harmony remote and when I had HDMI Control On it was messing with things.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by cstrasz; 11-23-2019 at 10:18 PM.
post #6798 of 7886 Old 11-23-2019, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Trying this out right now and the 2 times I've reset, the source shows up as the avr name instead of Xbox. I made sure to have the Denon and Xbox on and set to the Xbox input.

The first time I thought it was because of restoring backed up data after the factory reset but it doesn't seem related to that since I skipped restoration the second time around. Do you have HDMI Control on with the Denon? I have that off and only arc on since I control everything through my Harmony remote and when I had HDMI Control On it was messing with things.

Thanks for your help!

That may change things a bit. I have ARC and CEC disabled on the receiver. I also use a Harmony so CEC is an impediment and I mostly stream through an Nvidia Shield, making ARC unnecessary. I don't even have my receiver connected to the ARC port (I believe I have the Denon connected to HDMI 1). On the extremely rare occasion where I am using an internal TV app I have an optical cable running to the receiver from the One Connect for audio. If I have time tomorrow I may purposely break ALLM so I have to go through the process again and see what's what.

Sorry you are having these issues. I like the Q90 a lot, but some of the features can be somewhat of a pain to work with.

post #6799 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi all, I thought I'd create a feature/fix request thread on the official forums. Please take a moment to add your requests here;

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../976244#M16992
Robbie Racer likes this.
post #6800 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Press the home button on the remote to bring up smart hub. Your different devices show up as squares along the bottom ribbon. If they aren't there you can scroll almost all the way to the left to get to Sources. With any source highlighted you can press up on the remote for the option to add it to the Home ribbon.

The Q90 does have discrete codes for both power and inputs. They are the standard codes used by Samsung TV's for the last several years.
Thanks for the info!
post #6801 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 08:34 AM

Q90R + Q90R (TV & Soundbar Combo)

Not sure if this is a question for this forum or for the Q90R soundbar forum. I'm planning on picking up both the tv and soundbar today or tomorrow. I've read about HDMI Arc connection issues as well as some lip sync problems.

My setup will be very simple. Cable box and Roku Ultra are my only two outboard boxes. Is it better to connect these boxes to the soundbar or to the tv for:
1) Better lip sync
2) Fewer HDMI Arc connectivity problems
3) Better audio and video performance

How about the differences between streaming Netflix (for example) from the TV's smart app as opposed to streaming from the Roku box? Does either option have any advantages over the other?
post #6802 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 08:42 AM

Calibration Help, Please

In prep for bring home a 65" Q90R, I'm looking for setup/calibration settings. I'm pretty sure I have seen someone post them her, but of course, now I can't find them. Can anyone please provide a link to the page? Also, are there any review websites that include calibration settings?

Lastly, I assume two separate sets of calibrations are necessary (one for SDR and one for HDR), is that correct? If so, when doing these calibrations, will they automatically be saved/recalled depending on whether your watching SDR or HDR?
post #6803 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Not sure if this is a question for this forum or for the Q90R soundbar forum. I'm planning on picking up both the tv and soundbar today or tomorrow. I've read about HDMI Arc connection issues as well as some lip sync problems.

My setup will be very simple. Cable box and Roku Ultra are my only two outboard boxes. Is it better to connect these boxes to the soundbar or to the tv for:
1) Better lip sync
2) Fewer HDMI Arc connectivity problems
3) Better audio and video performance

How about the differences between streaming Netflix (for example) from the TV's smart app as opposed to streaming from the Roku box? Does either option have any advantages over the other?
I'm not familiar with the HWQ90R soundbar but if you get the Dolby Digital audio delay bug it's not "some lip sync problems" it is a massive (like 160ms) delayed sound that is totally unusable. This bug does only affect Dolby Digital audio when routed directly to the one connect box (HDMI) and affects opto output (and according to many reports also the ARC.

The way to work around it are:
* route audio directly to your Soundbar/AVR. I.e. HDMI through the AVR/Soundbar that pics up the audio or S/PDIF directly from source to AVR/soundbar (which adds the correct amount of audio delay.
OR
* Connect external sources to one connect box but only use PCM audio (stereo).

The internal apps (all I used and according to reports) have the correct amount of audio delay added by the TV (to compensate for the video processing delay) also with Dolby Digital 5.1 opto output or (according to reports) ARC.

You could work around the CEC/ARC connection problems if you can connect the soundbar to another TV-port and, for internal apps, use the opto connection to the soundbar, but you'll loose Atmos and other higher bit rate audio. (I am however totally fine with Dolby Digital 5.1 via S/PDIF to my, slightly older, Denon AVR 7.1 system.)
StevieG likes this.

Last edited by JanB; 11-24-2019 at 09:37 AM.
post #6804 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Lastly, I assume two separate sets of calibrations are necessary (one for SDR and one for HDR), is that correct? If so, when doing these calibrations, will they automatically be saved/recalled depending on whether your watching SDR or HDR?
I can answer the last question. Yes, the TV use different memory for HDR and automatically switches when it senses an HDR signal.
post #6805 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I got my Q90R in July and I am enjoying it, but there has been some issues with it.

1. When I'm watching one of the built in streaming apps like Hulu it will freeze on me and I have to either push the Netflix or Prime Video button the remote. Once into one of those apps I can go back and start the frozen app up again. It doesn't seem to matter which app but it happens more in Hulu but that could be because I watch it more.

2. In the top right corner of the screen I will get the pop notification that my Network Cable has been unplugged. But typically within a few seconds another one pops up saying that it reconnected.

I have spoken to Samsung and they had me change the DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 which I believe is Google's and it did nothing. They also had me do a Factory Reset which I had already done and again no results.

Anyone have ideas or run into this?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #6806 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpinelli1980 View Post
I got my Q90R in July and I am enjoying it, but there has been some issues with it.

1. When I'm watching one of the built in streaming apps like Hulu it will freeze on me and I have to either push the Netflix or Prime Video button the remote. Once into one of those apps I can go back and start the frozen app up again. It doesn't seem to matter which app but it happens more in Hulu but that could be because I watch it more.

2. In the top right corner of the screen I will get the pop notification that my Network Cable has been unplugged. But typically within a few seconds another one pops up saying that it reconnected.

I have spoken to Samsung and they had me change the DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 which I believe is Google's and it did nothing. They also had me do a Factory Reset which I had already done and again no results.

Anyone have ideas or run into this?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I get the network popup periodically. Using Googles DNS won't make a bit of difference. I'm not sure there is a solution to this. I use a pi hole on my network to limit my devices from "phoning home" and assumed this was a side effect of that but maybe it's just a bug in the tv's software.

post #6807 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In prep for bring home a 65" Q90R, I'm looking for setup/calibration settings. I'm pretty sure I have seen someone post them her, but of course, now I can't find them. Can anyone please provide a link to the page? Also, are there any review websites that include calibration settings?

I can't provide a link ATM but you can get basic settings from rtings.com

I would not use their white balance or color settings as these will be individualized to your specific display.

post #6808 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I can't provide a link ATM but you can get basic settings from rtings.com

I would not use their white balance or color settings as these will be individualized to your specific display.
Thanks for the tip.
post #6809 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I’d just like to jump in here blind and say the Mandalorian looks amazing on this TV!
Terminader and bugout99 like this.
post #6810 of 7886 Old 11-24-2019, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskgordon View Post
I’d just like to jump in here blind and say the Mandalorian looks amazing on this TV!
How are you watching? Native app or ATV4k/Roku/Fire/3rd Party?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page