2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 285 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5381Likes

post #8521 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager6868 View Post
Kind of surprising that they aren't updating the Q80R or Q70R TVs. Glad I got the Q90R! Crossing my fingers that this means they will also update the OCB for [email protected] HDR support in the future.
Great news! If this is the case, my small bet paid off. I waffled between buying the Q80 and Q90. I liked the additional leds used for FALD, and some of the other advantages, but I speculated that the One Connect box would be more likely to receive updates, and that pushed me over the edge.

Looking forward to it. Soon it might be back to speculating about when this might offer advantages for a typical Home Theater....any streaming service able to deliver uncompressed video benefits today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8522 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager6868 View Post
For me, the most critical use case is PC gaming. Most (all?) receivers don't support [email protected] and don't support FreeSync, so you lose those options if connecting a PC via a receiver. If you connect the PC directly to the TV, you lose the option of Atmos in games (or any surround audio, in many cases, unless you have a DDLive or equivalent sound card), and you lose high quality audio when playing back videos (TrueHD, DTS MA).

Definitely looking forward to the eARC update for my PC use case. Right now, I'm running two HDMI cables (one for video, one for audio) as a workaround.
I don't use my TV with a PC, but this certainly makes sense. Looks like we will be getting our wish!
post #8523 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
i feel it would be a great move by samsung both from a customer point and a sales point to offer 2019 one connect box users the ability to purchase a new one connect box with all hdmi 2.1 ports for roughly 300 to 400ish pound i could see alot going for that

some will say it wouldnt benefit there current 2020 lineup sales but realistically someone who has bought a flagship model in 2019 isnt gonna be looking to purchase a new set again for a few years anyways

so most of there sales on 2020 line would be from older models rather than 2019 this way they would be opening up another form of income alongside the 2020 range while also building a better customer reception
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8524 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Has anyone on here tired the new 90T? I’m tv less at the moment after sending my 55Q90R back as I wasn’t happy with the picture quality in gaming and the HDR for films was a washout, far too dark, no detail either. The only think I liked about it was the 4K SDR but I could keep it based on just that because it wasn’t any better then the 4K SDR on my Ju7000. Please help, I need a new tv!
post #8525 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy17 View Post
Has anyone on here tired the new 90T? I’m tv less at the moment after sending my 55Q90R back as I wasn’t happy with the picture quality in gaming and the HDR for films was a washout, far too dark, no detail either. The only think I liked about it was the 4K SDR but I could keep it based on just that because it wasn’t any better then the 4K SDR on my Ju7000. Please help, I need a new tv!

Dude this isn't the right thread. This is the Q90r thread.

You've already posted here many times and on the C9 threads many times, and the CX thread many times. You should just buy a cheap TV since you have ridiculous expectations anyway.
egrady, Terminader and tonyjspr9 like this.
post #8526 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7482 Post(s)
Liked: 7521
post #8527 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Get a 75" Q90R or 75" Q95T??

Hi, back in my location, Im getting the Q90R and the Q95T (same as Q90T plus the one connect box) for very similar prices.

I currently have a 65" Q90R in my bedroom (opposite a very bright window) and i love the reflection coating. The black levels and colours are amazing and i just love the TV. I want to get a larger one, but not sure which to go for, the Q90R 75" or Q95T 75".

My usage is just watching Netflix and youtube (some 4k but mostly 1080p HD content). I am looking for great blacks, good reflection control and just a good experience overall.

Should i go for the Q95T 75" or the Q90R 75"? What are your opinions? I am vvvvery confused and would love some help! Thanks in advance for your response.
post #8528 of 8553 Old 05-19-2020, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddharth Singh View Post
Hi, back in my location, Im getting the Q90R and the Q95T (same as Q90T plus the one connect box) for very similar prices.

I currently have a 65" Q90R in my bedroom (opposite a very bright window) and i love the reflection coating. The black levels and colours are amazing and i just love the TV. I want to get a larger one, but not sure which to go for, the Q90R 75" or Q95T 75".

My usage is just watching Netflix and youtube (some 4k but mostly 1080p HD content). I am looking for great blacks, good reflection control and just a good experience overall.

Should i go for the Q95T 75" or the Q90R 75"? What are your opinions? I am vvvvery confused and would love some help! Thanks in advance for your response.
Given the price difference, I would say go with the Q90R.
Terminader likes this.
post #8529 of 8553 Old 05-22-2020, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
I don't think anyone manufactures a TV for you yet...I think you need a 16K TV with lazers and fireworks
Terminader and raf77 like this.
post #8530 of 8553 Old 05-22-2020, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcman View Post
Quote:
Has anyone on here tired the new 90T? I’️m tv less at the moment after sending my 55Q90R back as I wasn’️t happy with the picture quality in gaming and the HDR for films was a washout, far too dark, no detail either. The only think I liked about it was the 4K SDR but I could keep it based on just that because it wasn’️t any better then the 4K SDR on my Ju7000. Please help, I need a new tv!
I don't think anyone manufactures a TV for you yet...I think you need a 16K TV with lazers and fireworks
I’m just fussy that’s all. I’m content now with the C9.
post #8531 of 8553 Old 05-22-2020, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Call for Slickman (or anyone else interested) to share "calibration" settings

I haven't seen Slickman on here lately and am very curious to see what his new settings look like. Also, if anyone else has come up with settings you are pleased with, I would love to see them (I plan for a professional calibration once lockdown is over).

Thanks!
post #8532 of 8553 Old 05-22-2020, 01:04 PM

Liked: 62
Quote:
Ahhh Well if you are content with the C9 I am not sure why you are back in the Q90R thread (a TV which you abandoned) asking about a Q90T. Just get another C9 and be gone with you.
Rudy1, egrady, haevolution and 1 others like this.
post #8533 of 8553 Old 05-22-2020, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
I'm fussy too. I opted for 82 inches of no burn-in.

Re: Calibration...
Color calibrations are actually very close with the Q90 as shipped... custom and native. I see no need for meters. All that really needs attention is selecting the correct mode and its settings to produce a phenomenal picture. Out of the box all the modes are terrible imo. Skin tones are too red. Whites have a yellow tint. Blacks are crushed. Picture is too dim. It also depends on your sources and usage.

For example: I don't game but it seems everyone on this thread does so movie watching takes a back seat. Anyone that is watching movies on this thread are only using streamed sources either from the apps or a dedicated multi subscription box... Something else I have zero interest in. At first I tried every setting shared here and elsewhere like Rtings. Yes, I read and absorbed EVERY post. TBH, they all looked terrible and I mean terrible. That's my very honest opinion. I don't know if this is intentional from OLED supporters so that what they share here looks so screwed it will never outshine OLED? When in fact, once a Q90 is set up decently, you'll never want to look at an OLED again. That is also my very honest opinion.

In the event there are folks here struggling to get a decent picture from SDR and HDR from pristine sources instead of streamed crap, I'd be happy to share settings. This includes Windows desktop usage coexisting with software players utilizing madVr processing that will outperform hardware players and internal processing via 1:1 bitrates be it iso's, mkv's, etc.
Terminader likes this.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3&5 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
Samsung 82" Q90R / Denon S720W
post #8534 of 8553 Old 05-22-2020, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
Color calibrations are actually very close with the Q90 as shipped... custom and native. I see no need for meters. All that really needs attention is selecting the correct mode and its settings to produce a phenomenal picture. Out of the box all the modes are terrible imo. Skin tones are too red. Whites have a yellow tint. Blacks are crushed. Picture is too dim. It also depends on your sources and usage.
Interesting apparent self-contradiction, perhaps I just misunderstand your first sentence. Here are recent SDR and HDR pre/post calibration comparisons of my 75", using Movie/Warm2. You're of course welcome to your own subjective opinions of what looks good, just like others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDR.png
Views:	99
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	2730830   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDR.png
Views:	90
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	2730832  
Nillaz likes this.
post #8535 of 8553 Old 05-22-2020, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
I'm fussy too. I opted for 82 inches of no burn-in.

For example: I don't game but it seems everyone on this thread does so movie watching takes a back seat. Anyone that is watching movies on this thread are only using streamed sources either from the apps or a dedicated multi subscription box... Something else I have zero interest in. At first I tried every setting shared here and elsewhere like Rtings. Yes, I read and absorbed EVERY post. TBH, they all looked terrible and I mean terrible. That's my very honest opinion. I don't know if this is intentional from OLED supporters so that what they share here looks so screwed it will never outshine OLED? When in fact, once a Q90 is set up decently, you'll never want to look at an OLED again. That is also my very honest opinion.

In the event there are folks here struggling to get a decent picture from SDR and HDR from pristine sources instead of streamed crap, I'd be happy to share settings. This includes Windows desktop usage coexisting with software players utilizing madVr processing that will outperform hardware players and internal processing via 1:1 bitrates be it iso's, mkv's, etc.

lol there's no conspiracy amongst OLED aficianados to trick Q90R owners into setting up bad picture settings. That's just crazy talk. Copying other people's settings is a pretty poor way of sorting your television, plain and simple.

I personally have no interest in owning another OLED as my main display anytime soon, but they have their advantages. I totally get it why a lot of people prefer them to LCD displays, even ones as performant as the Q90.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #8536 of 8553 Old 05-23-2020, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodon005 View Post
I haven't seen Slickman on here lately and am very curious to see what his new settings look like. Also, if anyone else has come up with settings you are pleased with, I would love to see them (I plan for a professional calibration once lockdown is over).

Thanks!
I use these after setting mine up with the Spears & Munsil UHD disc. Note that this is not a calibration I've done, it was just changing the settings accordingly to give the best results with their standard tests that can be done without any other equipment. They work well for me.

Here's my settings.....

SDR

Backlight 26
Brightness 0
Contrast 40
Sharpness 0
Colour 25
Tint (G/R) 0
Digital Clean View Off
Auto Motion Off
Local Dimming Standard
Contrast Enhancer Off
Film Mode Off
Colour Tone Warm 2
Gamma BT.1886
BT.1886 0
RGB Only Mode Off
Colour Space Native

HDR

As above except

Backlight 50
Contrast 45
Local Dimming High
Robbie Racer and Terminader like this.
post #8537 of 8553 Old 05-23-2020, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Speaking of weird backlight bugs, the issue where turning on the panel would be met with a backlight dimmed right down to nothing until you click on an app and it would spring back to life happened again the other day. Not seen it for about 2 months (it's only happened about 3 times in total). I stopped doing a factory reset after each firmware update so this may contribute towards it. I don't ever fully turn it off/full reset either.

Weirdly enough there are a lot of posts describing this issue on multiple samsung sets and several people list the fix as 'removing the digital TV app'. Not sure what they mean here, Samsung TV Plus app maybe. I've turned off the 'start smart hub/last app on boot', see if that is causing it. It's can't be a hardware issue given everything resolves as soon as you click on an app/ambient mode.
post #8538 of 8553 Old 05-25-2020, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Has samsung improved the black color and local dimming algorithm in game mode? Can it handle 4k HDR 60hz rgb444 color when the ps5 comes out? Or should I buy the q95t instead?
post #8539 of 8553 Old 05-25-2020, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Deciding between this and the Sony Z9F. Both are on clearance with the Q90 still being a significant amount more. But my main concern is reflection handling. This is for a fairly bright room with lots of windows and lights opposing the set in the kitchen. Watching mostly SDR content during the day and netflix/disney plus at night. I have the Sony at home now, but it's not wowing me. The blooming, which I knew about, is a tad annoying. That and the reflection handling are making me reconsider. Plus it's a bit thicker than the Q90.

Also, for the no-gap wall mount, how much extra height do you need to slide the TV into place? I have a recessed area above my fireplace that is about 35" tall. Plenty wide and 3.5" deep. The TV is 32.7" tall. Will that leave me enough space to engage the locking mechanism and be able to slide the TV into the recess? From the videos I can't tell how much extra room you need or if it's pretty much just a straight back install.
post #8540 of 8553 Old 05-25-2020, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabor94 View Post
Has samsung improved the black color and local dimming algorithm in game mode? Can it handle 4k HDR 60hz rgb444 color when the ps5 comes out? Or should I buy the q95t instead?
May I ask, what u need rgb444 for on a console?
post #8541 of 8553 Old 05-26-2020, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkit View Post
Quote:
Uncompressed color coding so that the graphics do not deteriorate in any way. One of the great advantages of HDMI 2.1 is that 10bit Hdr 4k 60hz 444rgb and ps5 will also support this. This is a lossless image transfer to the screen!
That's why it's important to me and many more, because we don't want to buy tv every 2 years.

Has the backlight algorithm been fixed in game mode?
post #8542 of 8553 Old 05-26-2020, 01:36 AM

Hi collective mind, I tried to read through all 228 pages but didn't find a same issue... maybe someone knows what to do.

I have a 75Q90R and Marantz SR5014 (2019 year model with 4K, Dolby Vision and eARC), connected properly for ARC with normal AmazonBasics cable. Everything works fine for ARC connection (when I use TV's internal apps), in this case Marantz provides sound as expected. It also shows it's setup, HEOS and other screens when I select HDMI3 input on TV. However Marantz's GUI looks weird with dimming but this is not a problem for now.

Yesterday I've purchased Shield to use it as a Plex player for "heavy" rips with TrueHD, DTS MA and so on. When I connected it to one of Marantz's HDMI ports, Q90R has immediately lost the HDMI signal while sound from the Shield's setup procedure appeared in the receiver's speakers. It was strange. With disconnected Shield, Q90R started to show Marantz's GUI again.

I did a factory reset for Marantz, and Shield's video appeared on TV. 4K SDR, 4K HDR - no problem. Marantz even correctly merged its data into signal (info, sound volume etc.). Ok, I thought that the problem has gone.

In the morning the same issue started again - no video from Marantz at all, neither from setup screen nor from Shield video input. Marantz's web console shows that Shield switched to 1080p/60Hz but no video is sent to the receiver video outputs.

Well I understand that it may looks like Marantz's problem, however there are lot of comments about Samsung's problems with HDMI handshakes so I decided to start from Samsung QLED TVs forum, just in case if someone already faced this problem.

P.S. I also plan to try to test Marantz with "dumb" computer monitor with HDMI input tonight and check if the problem continues. I have no idea what to do next. The only hope is eARC and direct connection of the Shield to the TV.
post #8543 of 8553 Old 05-26-2020, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellbmb View Post
Deciding between this and the Sony Z9F. Both are on clearance with the Q90 still being a significant amount more. But my main concern is reflection handling. This is for a fairly bright room with lots of windows and lights opposing the set in the kitchen. Watching mostly SDR content during the day and netflix/disney plus at night. I have the Sony at home now, but it's not wowing me. The blooming, which I knew about, is a tad annoying. That and the reflection handling are making me reconsider. Plus it's a bit thicker than the Q90.

Also, for the no-gap wall mount, how much extra height do you need to slide the TV into place? I have a recessed area above my fireplace that is about 35" tall. Plenty wide and 3.5" deep. The TV is 32.7" tall. Will that leave me enough space to engage the locking mechanism and be able to slide the TV into the recess? From the videos I can't tell how much extra room you need or if it's pretty much just a straight back install.
I replaced a Sony 79XBR900 with the 82Q90 in a room much like yours. The Sony was completely washed out during the day, while the Samsung has all it's colors and brightness. I checked out the latest Sony's and their AR coatings seem to be the same as my old XBR, while Samsung's new AR coatings are like nothing else in the past. Just the AR coating, alone, is enough for me to strongly endorse the Samsung. It's super bright and the AR coating really works. NO contest, IMO, in a bright room.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, Emotiva E1 sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
post #8544 of 8553 Old 05-26-2020, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellbmb View Post

I have an 82" and understand yours is smaller and easier to handle. To avoid denting the black bottom strip or touching the panel in any way, I used the Samsung wall mounting kit. Attach the two brackets on the panel before you, or anyone else, attempts to take it out of the box. It's very simple to carry it around by the brackets, up stairs, etc. for a couple people.

My wall mount bracket is about 6.5' high. It's difficult to lift the panel and plug the brackets together in an attempt to hang it. The 82" uses two brackets. I put a very sturdy desk against the wall and premeasured a block of wood on top of the desk that equaled the installed height. With the panel in the box on the floor we simply reached down and grabbed it by the brackets while standing on the desk. We lifted it up on top of the blocks of wood already on the desk. Then we leaned the panel back and allowed the brackets to meet each other and viola it was hung.

For your recess, you won't be able to see the bracket to line things up while installing. I suggest you premeasure and place tape or pencil a line for reference you can see when facing it in order to find the sweet spot. Plugging the panel bracket to the wall bracket is very precise.

Fwiw, I usually take a flashlight to screens to help see defects such as fine scratches that don't show up under normal lighting. Useful during routine cleaning too. If you really want to know how well the anti-reflective is on the Q90, go ahead and try. With the panel off and the light shining inches away, it's all absorbed. You absolutely cannot get it to reflect let alone light up any area on the screen to help hunt for any possible defects, smudges, etc.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3&5 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
Samsung 82" Q90R / Denon S720W
post #8545 of 8553 Old 05-26-2020, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkit View Post
Quote:
Uncompressed color coding so that the graphics do not deteriorate in any way. One of the great advantages of HDMI 2.1 is that 10bit Hdr 4k 60hz 444rgb and ps5 will also support this. This is a lossless image transfer to the screen!
That's why it's important to me and many more, because we don't want to buy tv every 2 years.

Has the backlight algorithm been fixed in game mode?
Are u a professional digital artist or something? Im 99% sure that if i put u in front of a screen and change the rgb444 to 420, that u will not be able to tell which mode was which on a console or movie.

Thats why I asked.

The Q90R btw. supports 4k60 with RGB444 on HDMI4
rootz666 likes this.
post #8546 of 8553 Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaF0x View Post
Hi collective mind, I tried to read through all 228 pages but didn't find a same issue... maybe someone knows what to do.

I have a 75Q90R and Marantz SR5014 (2019 year model with 4K, Dolby Vision and eARC), connected properly for ARC with normal AmazonBasics cable. Everything works fine for ARC connection (when I use TV's internal apps), in this case Marantz provides sound as expected. It also shows it's setup, HEOS and other screens when I select HDMI3 input on TV. However Marantz's GUI looks weird with dimming but this is not a problem for now.

Yesterday I've purchased Shield to use it as a Plex player for "heavy" rips with TrueHD, DTS MA and so on. When I connected it to one of Marantz's HDMI ports, Q90R has immediately lost the HDMI signal while sound from the Shield's setup procedure appeared in the receiver's speakers. It was strange. With disconnected Shield, Q90R started to show Marantz's GUI again.

I did a factory reset for Marantz, and Shield's video appeared on TV. 4K SDR, 4K HDR - no problem. Marantz even correctly merged its data into signal (info, sound volume etc.). Ok, I thought that the problem has gone.

In the morning the same issue started again - no video from Marantz at all, neither from setup screen nor from Shield video input. Marantz's web console shows that Shield switched to 1080p/60Hz but no video is sent to the receiver video outputs.

Well I understand that it may looks like Marantz's problem, however there are lot of comments about Samsung's problems with HDMI handshakes so I decided to start from Samsung QLED TVs forum, just in case if someone already faced this problem.

P.S. I also plan to try to test Marantz with "dumb" computer monitor with HDMI input tonight and check if the problem continues. I have no idea what to do next. The only hope is eARC and direct connection of the Shield to the TV.
Ok, there's small update on above. I had a little time yesterday to play with all this stuff, but what I did:
1) turned off: on Samsung Q90R - Anynet+, on Marantz - all HDMI settings (no passthrough, no HDMI control, no ARC), Shield - CEC control off.
Shield display output and Marantz GUI appeared, so the issue is not connected to "Enhanced" 4K setting on AVR. With Shield turned off and its input selected, TV says that there is no signal. Ok, it's logical.
2) I turned on ARC in Marantz HDMI settings (passthrough is still off, HDMI control is off) and Anynet+ on TV.
Everything continue to work, simple CEC control also started to work between TV and AVR (sound volume control).

So only two settings was left off: HDMI passthrough and HDMI control. I will do more testing, but it seems that the problem lies beneath one of them, and I bet it is "passthrough".
post #8547 of 8553 Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaF0x View Post
Ok, there's small update on above. I had a little time yesterday to play with all this stuff, but what I did:

1) turned off: on Samsung Q90R - Anynet+, on Marantz - all HDMI settings (no passthrough, no HDMI control, no ARC), Shield - CEC control off.

Shield display output and Marantz GUI appeared, so the issue is not connected to "Enhanced" 4K setting on AVR. With Shield turned off and its input selected, TV says that there is no signal. Ok, it's logical.

2) I turned on ARC in Marantz HDMI settings (passthrough is still off, HDMI control is off) and Anynet+ on TV.

Everything continue to work, simple CEC control also started to work between TV and AVR (sound volume control).

So only two settings was left off: HDMI passthrough and HDMI control. I will do more testing, but it seems that the problem lies beneath one of them, and I bet it is "passthrough".

The problem could likely be your HDMI cables. I went through several sets from different manufacturers until I landed on Belkin high speed cables. There were all kinds of handshake issues with my ATV4K, Shield, and Denon until I got them. Been rock steady ever since. They are pricey, but at least I’m not going nuts trying to fix anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #8548 of 8553 Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
82” owners. Did your display have a screen protector on it when you unboxed it? Mine just has the two grey things on the sides but I was expecting a full screen protector.
post #8549 of 8553 Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM

Liked: 24
Mine did not. Seems like everyone with 82" here says it does not have a screen protector, only those gray protector strips on the sides.
Terminader likes this.
post #8550 of 8553 Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by taphil View Post
Mine did not. Seems like everyone with 82" here says it does not have a screen protector, only those gray protector strips on the sides.
+1
Terminader likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page