2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5079Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,851
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
And according to David Katzmaier the 75Q9FN (review December 15, 2018, so not an early review).


LINK:

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/samsung-qn75q9fn-review/


I own a 75Q9FN and I think Katzmaier review is basically spot on, and certainly not very different from the early reviews.

I´m moderatily optimistic that the early reviews of the pre production Q90R, will not differ much from the "mass-produced" Q90 .





Regards
Multiple amount of people who owned both 65" and 75" side by side said the 75" was vastly superior. Would've been interesting to see what David Katzmeier would have to say if he had a 65" plagued with heavy DSE.
Cuthalu and ray0414 like this.
sd13 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,095
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2514 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
Multiple amount of people who owned both 65" and 75" side by side said the 75" was vastly superior. Would've been interesting to see what David Katzmeier would have to say if he had a 65" plagued with heavy DSE.

Both Rtings and Vincent Teoh had the 65" Q9FN.

Both came from retail stores.

Rtings said it was the best LED TV as of Jan. 2, 2019; Vincent Teoh gave it a Highly Recommended badge.

How about we get back to the Q90R...
ray0414 likes this.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #93 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,851
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Both Rtings and Vincent Teoh had the 65" Q9FN.

Both came from retail stores.

Rtings said it was the best LED TV as of Jan. 2, 2019; Vincent Teoh gave it a Highly Recommended badge.

How about we get back to the Q90R...
Check out Rtings gray uniformity picture of the q9fn. The dse looks absolutely atrocious on it.
wxman, Latinoheat, Cuthalu and 2 others like this.
sd13 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Member
 
Cuthalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
Check out Rtings gray uniformity picture of the q9fn. The dse looks absolutely atrocious on it.
That does look bad. And Rtings needs to revamp their DSE scoring. I was just comparing a couple of screens (Samsung vs. Sony), one had score of 7.5 and the another had 7.6. However, on the eye test the difference was immensely larger. On the Samsung the DSE was significantly more unevenly distributed and more focused on the center.

Panel uniformity seems to be something that's hard to review, because thorough investigation would require large sample sizes. That's why forums are a source of priceless information, even if it's not presented by av professionals.
Cuthalu is offline  
post #95 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
ttnuagmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Rtings said it was the best LED TV as of Jan. 2, 2019;



Rtings has had the Vizio PQ as the top LCD since it came out.
ttnuagmada is offline  
post #96 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Mikejl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 145
My 65Q90 should arrive sometime tomorrow (March 6th). I'll be happy to post some screen pictures ASAP once I get it mounted and connected.

I plan to run everything through my Onkyo TX-RZ920 out to the TV's ARC connection. I don't plan on making any changes to the OOB settings unless recommended.

I have an old Panasonic DMP-BDT230 blu-ray player. I can use that to play my Disney WOW calibration disc to throw up color fields or other screens or I can use Youtube if that is thought to be best.

I know DSE is a big question for everyone so I will post that first thing. I take it a white field is best for highlighting DSE?

I'll be glad to run other tests as requested. I'm not a gamer so I won't be doing any testing in that respect.
encaser, Cuthalu, ray0414 and 2 others like this.

Samsung: QN65Q90RAFXZA 4K HDR TV * Panasonic: DP-UB820 4K HDR Blu Ray * Onkyo: TX-RZ920 A/V Receiver * M&K: S-150 THX Speakers & DIY: 15" Subwoofer w/ E.D. E15a.22 Driver & Rythmik Audio 380w AMP * URC: MX-990 Universal Remote & MRF 260 Base Station * Samsung: Galaxy S10 Plus
Mikejl is offline  
post #97 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,851
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthalu View Post
That does look bad. And Rtings needs to revamp their DSE scoring. I was just comparing a couple of screens (Samsung vs. Sony), one had score of 7.5 and the another had 7.6. However, on the eye test the difference was immensely larger. On the Samsung the DSE was significantly more unevenly distributed and more focused on the center.



Panel uniformity seems to be something that's hard to review, because thorough investigation would require large sample sizes. That's why forums are a source of priceless information, even if it's not presented by av professionals.
I'm glad someone else noticed that awful dse picture. The placement and the level of dse is what effects sports especially hockey. I don't agree with many rtings assessments. Their real scene peak brightness tests seem odd. Also i find their motion scores rather strange. Another example is the Z9D receiving a lower overall score than the 930e and the same score as the 900e. Very odd.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by sd13; 03-05-2019 at 05:24 PM.
sd13 is online now  
post #98 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,095
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2514 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
Rtings has had the Vizio PQ as the top LCD since it came out.

Only when they included price into the equation.

Because the Vizio is so cheap - it helped it's ranking.

But anyway - be nice to see some thoughts from the two people on here so said they were going to receive their Q90R tomorrow!
ray0414 likes this.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #99 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
ttnuagmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by New24K View Post
Only when they included price into the equation.

Because the Vizio is so cheap - it helped it's ranking.

But anyway - be nice to see some thoughts from the two people on here so said they were going to receive their Q90R tomorrow!
"The Vizio P Series Quantum is slightly better than the Samsung Q9FN 2018. The Vizio Quantum is a bit brighter with SDR and HDR content. The Quantum also has better motion handling with a faster response time. The Samsung Q9FN has better gradient handling and has new features that improve gaming performance, such as VRR and automatic low input lag."


that sounds like more than a price difference.
ttnuagmada is offline  
post #100 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 09:15 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Owner opinions for q90r would also be better to evaluate few months after launch, not right away. Because with a new purchase, most people are blown away. Then in a few months after the sheen comes off and they discover problems underneath it, the opinion change. There were many q9fn owners last year blown away by the tv when they just received it, few months after launch the complaints about fald dimming algorithm issues and dse began to show up. Better to evaluate user opinions after the honeymoon period is over.
egrady, BRAC, Gillietalls and 1 others like this.
Menarini is offline  
post #101 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,095
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2514 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
For the sake of bringing this thread back to the Q90R - I am done commenting on Vizio...

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #102 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
Owner opinions for q90r would also be better to evaluate few months after launch, not right away. Because with a new purchase, most people are blown away. Then in a few months after the sheen comes off and they discover problems underneath it, the opinion change. There were many q9fn owners last year blown away by the tv when they just received it, few months after launch the complaints about fald dimming algorithm issues and dse began to show up. Better to evaluate user opinions after the honeymoon period is over.


Well said. I admit to being blown away by the Q9FN initially as well. It wasn’t long, maybe a few days, before all its glaring issues started to come into focus.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #103 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 09:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,075
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12868 Post(s)
Liked: 12234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
"The Vizio P Series Quantum is slightly better than the Samsung Q9FN 2018. The Vizio Quantum is a bit brighter with SDR and HDR content. The Quantum also has better motion handling with a faster response time. The Samsung Q9FN has better gradient handling and has new features that improve gaming performance, such as VRR and automatic low input lag."





that sounds like more than a price difference.
I'm pretty sure they later changed their stance. Their year end picks they picked the Q9FN as the best lcd of the year. They also changed some scores on the Q9FN and the overall score was raised. The Q9FN has higher scores in all of rtings picture quality categories against Vizio.

75Q9FN* Panny UB820 fed into Oppo203*Denon X4200 * S9+*

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #104 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 10:04 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 403
A samsung flagship tv beating a vizio isn't saying much. At the shoootout last year, the q9fn came last among the 4 tv's that were evaluated.
Latinoheat and Gillietalls like this.
Menarini is offline  
post #105 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,851
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
A samsung flagship tv beating a vizio isn't saying much. At the shoootout last year, the q9fn came last among the 4 tv's that were evaluated.
What place did the vizio come in at?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
ray0414 likes this.
sd13 is online now  
post #106 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 10:15 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
What place did the vizio come in at?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It didn't make it to the shootout, the point being that a more expensive samsung flagship tv beating a relatively 'non videophile' budget brand like vizio isn't saying much. let's see samsung beating sony , panasonic or lg flagships.
Gillietalls likes this.
Menarini is offline  
post #107 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 10:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,095
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2514 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Get back to the damn Q90R!
ray0414 and plamen80 like this.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #108 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,075
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12868 Post(s)
Liked: 12234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
A samsung flagship tv beating a vizio isn't saying much. At the shoootout last year, the q9fn came last among the 4 tv's that were evaluated.

But the Samsung did score 1st in upscaling tho (tho people who love citing the shootout always leave that part out). People who were there said the Q9FN was doing good until the dark scene of Harry Potter came up, then it was downhill. But that type of over agressive dimming is easily defeatable with minor tweaks, but weren't allowed for the shootout.

75Q9FN* Panny UB820 fed into Oppo203*Denon X4200 * S9+*
srkmish likes this.

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #109 of 7763 Old 03-05-2019, 11:03 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
But the Samsung did score 1st in upscaling tho (tho people who love citing the shootout always leave that part out). People who were there said the Q9FN was doing good until the dark scene of Harry Potter came up, then it was downhill. But that type of over agressive dimming is easily defeatable with minor tweaks, but weren't allowed for the shootout.

75Q9FN* Panny UB820 fed into Oppo203*Denon X4200 * S9+*
Unfortunately the 'videophile' stuff where it really matters, watching movies in a home theater environment, the samsung qleds fall flat. As much as samsung fans respect the opinion of vincent teoh and as much as they brag about higher brightness (nits) having more impact with hdr, do you not notice that vincent teoh in his hosted shootouts has never rated qleds as the winner with hdr? it just leads me to believe all this bragging about higher 'nits' amounts to nothing. qleds like other lcd's have to severely raise the black level when displaying bright hdr content, due to this the higlight details lose overall punch, while oleds can give more punch to the highlights. That's the reason these qleds fail to impress peope at shootouts and cant win the hdr category.
We'll see later in the year if this q90r is really 'oled like' or it's just the same old annual samsung marketing.
dfa973 likes this.
Menarini is offline  
post #110 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 01:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,075
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12868 Post(s)
Liked: 12234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
Unfortunately the 'videophile' stuff where it really matters, watching movies in a home theater environment, the samsung qleds fall flat. As much as samsung fans respect the opinion of vincent teoh and as much as they brag about higher brightness (nits) having more impact with hdr, do you not notice that vincent teoh in his hosted shootouts has never rated qleds as the winner with hdr? it just leads me to believe all this bragging about higher 'nits' amounts to nothing. qleds like other lcd's have to severely raise the black level when displaying bright hdr content, due to this the higlight details lose overall punch, while oleds can give more punch to the highlights. That's the reason these qleds fail to impress peope at shootouts and cant win the hdr category.

We'll see later in the year if this q90r is really 'oled like' or it's just the same old annual samsung marketing.
When discussing the results, Vincent actually stated the main the reason the Q9 lost was loss of shadow detail, not that it's blacks were raised and lost contrast. So if this year's Q90 improves shadows that while improving blacks, it'll be interesting to see what people prefer. Vincent has also hinted that he's going to explore having his tv frames boxed so you can't immediately know what brand the TV is.

75Q9FN* Panny UB820 fed into Oppo203*Denon X4200 * S10+*

82Q90R*75Q9FN(RIP)*55C8OLED*Galaxy Note10+*Ub820 fed into Oppo 203*XB1X*4k DenonX4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #111 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 03:02 AM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
When discussing the results, Vincent actually stated the main the reason the Q9 lost was loss of shadow detail, not that it's blacks were raised and lost contrast. So if this year's Q90 improves shadows that while improving blacks, it'll be interesting to see what people prefer. Vincent has also hinted that he's going to explore having his tv frames boxed so you can't immediately know what brand the TV is.
Ray, you're one of the best samsung apologists on this site. I extol your unflagging idolization of the chaebol, if not anything else
jamessh1 likes this.
Menarini is offline  
post #112 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 05:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
bezlar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Wasn’t this an owners thread. If you don’t like Samsung or don’t own the tv maybe you should see yourselves out of here. We buy what we like if that differs from you so be it. All of the negativity in here is ruining my experience of owning a fine tv. I DONT CARE IF ITS NOT THE BEST. Its what I bought. I don’t watch two TVs side to side when I watch tv. I watch one. And my q9fn looks great and I’m sure my q90 will also look great. O and they will never be side to side. So I don’t care which one looks better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bezlar is offline  
post #113 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
Matsonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 721
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Agreed. Please take that nonsense to a different thread so owners and potential owners can discuss the Q90 here.
Matsonia is offline  
post #114 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 05:53 AM
Senior Member
 
tvhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezlar View Post
Wasn’t this an owners thread. If you don’t like Samsung or don’t own the tv maybe you should see yourselves out of here. We buy what we like if that differs from you so be it. All of the negativity in here is ruining my experience of owning a fine tv. I DONT CARE IF ITS NOT THE BEST. Its what I bought. I don’t watch two TVs side to side when I watch tv. I watch one. And my q9fn looks great and I’m sure my q90 will also look great. O and they will never be side to side. So I don’t care which one looks better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice job! I’ve also found it extremely annoying that pissing matches about other TVs have dominated this thread. Enjoy your tv and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!
New24K likes this.
tvhunter is offline  
post #115 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 811
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsonia View Post
Agreed. Please take that nonsense to a different thread so owners and potential owners can discuss the Q90 here.
They've been on a search and destroy mission.
js950 is offline  
post #116 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
Coercion Shaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 233
The early reviewers apparently all reviewed the same cherry picked set (one single TV made available to all). I really want this to be an amazing TV and look forward to more reviews, especially by these new owners.


I am concerned over reliability as my last two Samsungs failed inside of 24 months but after the warranty in a manner consistent with many others, so that scares me as well. I am also concerned over motion handling. But this TV has the potential for me to give Samsung another chance depending on what they see.
Cuthalu likes this.

Sony XBR-65X900F // Sony HTZ9F Sound Bar & SAZ9R Speakers // Xbox One X & PS4 Pro
Coercion Shaman is offline  
post #117 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
GunmetalR56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 623
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Yes, looking forward to reading some user reviews on their Q90Rs.

People buying a Q90R could easily have purchased a comparable OLED (and saved some serious coin in the process) but for their own reasons they chose not to. This seems to really offend some OLED owners and its a shame.

Ascend Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Ascend Horizon Center w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 2 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos modules (x4), SVS PB13 Ultras (x2), SVS PB12+ (x2)
Denon X6500H / Emotiva Mini-X a-100
Panasonic DP-UB820 / PS4 Pro / XBOX 1X
Sony XBR75Z9D, LG OLED65B7A

Last edited by GunmetalR56; 03-06-2019 at 08:16 AM. Reason: People misunderstanding my point
GunmetalR56 is offline  
post #118 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 08:02 AM
Member
 
encaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Old England
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
Yes, looking forward to reading some user reviews on their Q90Rs.

People buying a Q90R could easily have purchased a comparable OLED (and saved some serious coin in the process) but chose not to. This seems to really offend some folks and its a shame.
Try gloating over a burn in free purchase with an LCD in an OLED thread and see how long you last un-battered.

Who's the daddy now???
encaser is offline  
post #119 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
bezlar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
Yes, looking forward to reading some user reviews on their Q90Rs.



People buying a Q90R could easily have purchased a comparable OLED (and saved some serious coin in the process) but chose not to. This seems to really offend some folks and its a shame.


My tv faces 7 floor to ceiling windows. Your precious oled tech can not handle that. Once again I have never gone into any of the oled owners forums and posted one thing. Why because I don’t own one nor do I care how they spend their money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ted99, Maxs_dad and Akaglty like this.
bezlar is offline  
post #120 of 7763 Old 03-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
GunmetalR56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 623
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezlar View Post
My tv faces 7 floor to ceiling windows. Your precious oled tech can not handle that. Once again I have never gone into any of the oled owners forums and posted one thing. Why because I don’t own one nor do I care how they spend their money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heh..should re-read what I wrote I edited it for clarity just in case.

I own LCD and OLED.. my point was that the OLED folks seem to feel that people choosing LCD over OLED somehow diminishes their purchase.

Anyway, enough derailing. Bring on the Q90R owner reviews!
Cuthalu likes this.

Ascend Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Ascend Horizon Center w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 2 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos modules (x4), SVS PB13 Ultras (x2), SVS PB12+ (x2)
Denon X6500H / Emotiva Mini-X a-100
Panasonic DP-UB820 / PS4 Pro / XBOX 1X
Sony XBR75Z9D, LG OLED65B7A
GunmetalR56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off