2019 Samsung Q90R Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4692Likes

post #1921 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Graham View Post
You're not wrong if you plug the Xbox into the TV but it you plug the Xbox into a avr/soundbar allm and vrr do not work, which is why we need eARC.

As for turning off game mode for movies/TV, yes I do.
Are you sure these features are disabled if running through an AVR? Some features of HDMI including low latency mode are supposed to be workable over the HDMI 2.0b chipset.

//sarc Samsung says we don't need eARC on these TVs because they pass Atmos through DD+ from the built in apps. //sarc
When running the Xbox One X through a Samsung Hw-n950 and to the Q90R, the options for ALLM and Vrr are grayed out in the Xbox.

When I plug the Xbox into the Q90R and then the Hw-n950 via Arc, the options are available on the Xbox but i loose Atmos and other lossless audio do to the Q90R not passing it through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Those of you who are getting blurry faces on low quality sports feeds... have you tried playing with the Digital Clean View setting? If that's not how the source signal looks, the most likely culprit would be noise reduction/de-posterization.
Faces are crisp and clear on mine. Any material that appears blurry is also blurry on my c8 and z9d.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Mikejl and Terminader like this.
post #1923 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpocket View Post
Quote:
You're not wrong if you plug the Xbox into the TV but it you plug the Xbox into a avr/soundbar allm and vrr do not work, which is why we need eARC.

As for turning off game mode for movies/TV, yes I do.
So... if I watch netflix on my xbox then game mode should turn off by itself if ALLM is active?
I'm corect?
You need to enable ALLM mode on the Xbox under video settings/modes. You also need to enable auto game mode on the Q90R under the general -> external device -> game mode setting.

I can't confirm the exact path as I am away from my home but those should help get you there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1924 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 446
I can't turn on HDR on my Windows 10 PC where with my Z9D I could. Anyone know why? I restarted the computer and still don't have the option.
post #1925 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Those of you who are getting blurry faces on low quality sports feeds... have you tried playing with the Digital Clean View setting? If that's not how the source signal looks, the most likely culprit would be noise reduction/de-posterization.
I have it in auto and no joy. It's only an issue when basketball is in its normal panned out view. There is not detail whatsoever in "some" of the faces, regardless whether it's from Directv or streamed YouTube TV. That Virginia player is always washed out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #1926 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 474
Quote:
When running the Xbox One X through a Samsung Hw-n950 and to the Q90R, the options for ALLM and Vrr are grayed out in the Xbox.

When I plug the Xbox into the Q90R and then the Hw-n950 via Arc, the options are available on the Xbox but i loose Atmos and other lossless audio do to the Q90R not passing it through.
This is the kind of stuff that will result in me not buying a Q90R. It's intolerable that I would buy a flagship TV in 2019 and have to deal with this stuff.

It is looking like the only sets that might do what I want are going to come from LG or Sony this year unless I'm just willing to spend a lot of dough on a brand new TV and deal with feature gaps like this one.

This is also really shady from Samsung, to tout that they will have some HDMI 2.1 features but completely downplay probably the most useful one and insist consumers don't really need it.

Anyone with an XBOX One that wants to plug it into the TV directly to get all of the video stuff optimized is not going to get any HD audio from their 4K BD discs.
post #1927 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Quote:

This is the kind of stuff that will result in me not buying a Q90R. It's intolerable that I would buy a flagship TV in 2019 and have to deal with this stuff.

It is looking like the only sets that might do what I want are going to come from LG or Sony this year unless I'm just willing to spend a lot of dough on a brand new TV and deal with feature gaps like this one.

This is also really shady from Samsung, to tout that they will have some HDMI 2.1 features but completely downplay probably the most useful one and insist consumers don't really need it.

Anyone with an XBOX One that wants to plug it into the TV directly to get all of the video stuff optimized is not going to get any HD audio from their 4K BD discs.
LG yes, but the 2019 Sony’s don’t support VRR.
post #1928 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Your AVR needs to support ALLM and VRR as well. If it doesn't support that you can't route it through it. So check on that first.

Edit: Sorry just realized that is a soundbar and not an AVR. But curious if the soundbar supports that.
post #1929 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
Faces are crisp and clear on mine. Any material that appears blurry is also blurry on my c8 and z9d.

Great to hear !!! Have you posted any comparisons, Pros/Cons, versus your other tv's? It's really between the Q90R and the LG C9 for me at the 75"+ tv. Sony is just way too expensive and never goes on sale. The EPP that I can get on the Samsung is really good though. I have just spent the last 5 years looking at blooming and light bleed on my HU9000. So I am determined to have my next tv have none of this.
jmpage2 likes this.
post #1930 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I figured out the problem with my PC, a simple turning the tv off and back on fixed it. This is an amazing panel, and that's from a Z9D owner. As far as DSE is concerned it has even less than my Z9D which I didn't think was possible. Contrast is better on both ends, it has better blacks and gets slightly brighter too. Viewing angles are really good to the point where if I'm 45 degrees off angle or less I notice no difference at all. I don't even know what else to say other than I am extremely impressed with this panel.
Mikejl, marmup, sd13 and 2 others like this.
post #1931 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Webb View Post
I have it in auto and no joy.
But have you tried turning it off? If that's not what your feed looks like on another TV, the I would expect noise reuction to be the issue.
post #1932 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
uhmmm where do you see a crack?
if it's in the middle that is the flash of my phone.

interesting. thats what i figured it was at first, but then once i saw it on the parrot with such vivid color but still saw the flash, i figured it must be a crack. my bad!
post #1933 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonvr6 View Post
interesting. thats what i figured it was at first, but then once i saw it on the parrot with such vivid color but still saw the flash, i figured it must be a crack. my bad!
haha no prob... hey if I had a brand new tv with a crack like this it then it would had already been shipped back p
post #1934 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 201
My 82 inch Q90R just got delivered:

The box is fine and I can't wait to have it set up; however herein lies the dilemma (Kill Bill quote ;-)

I had ordered White Glove delivery and confirmed it to make sure, it showed on all the paperwork/tracking and you can only imagine how baffled I was to find out that the driver did not know anything about that. His papers said Residential Delivery only, meaning he would drop it off at the doorstep. It took a couple of phone calls, long wait times, and lots of aggravation to have it arranged. It's a two hour drive from their delivery center down here; I did not want the TV to go back and forth, be loaded in and out and make it through all the construction sites along the interstate and our roads once more. I insisted on having it delivered as scheduled today as they were halfway here anyways. However, I really had to threaten to cancel the whole thing, let it go back altogether and re-order from somewhere else to have them get me the White Glove service for tomorrow. Just saying: I ordered it, fair and square, it was on all papers but they messed up and than gave me a hard time to get what I pay for and what I ordered for - no bueno!!!

Panel is a FC02
Terminader and EdFlo like this.

post #1935 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6765 Post(s)
Liked: 6772
Quote:
Here is AA01 65"" panel... mount it last night but didn't really calibrate anything yet.
Nice clean unit, its a keeper ! Looks like the manufacturers may have upped there game this year on screen uniformity. In the OLED threads some real clean panels are rolling in over there as well.
player002 likes this.
post #1936 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Webb View Post
I have it in auto and no joy. It's only an issue when basketball is in its normal panned out view. There is not detail whatsoever in "some" of the faces, regardless whether it's from Directv or streamed YouTube TV. That Virginia player is always washed out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
First off, that's not a q90r. Also, the same game from the same source will be washed out on any tv. This has been debunked many times throughout these threads and I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to understand.

post #1937 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Update for everyone. Unfortunately its not looking as good as I first thought. Here are some first thoughts after two days.

Alright my 72in is FA02 panel it says. Everything at first looked great. Started to tinker around with things and watch a few things on my Panny 820. Now I feel I have a more observant perspective to detail than most people would, but I was trying to figure out and determine what I was seeing so I can make sense of it and perhaps tackle it. I initially thought everything looked good and had mentality "well things need to be tweaked obviously" and it will be great. Now starting to wonder if that's not possible.

1) Response Time and Ghosting

First question for anyone and if this is a thing for people, but do you noticing ghosting? I feel I have always been highly susceptible to Response Time and Ghosting. I always see it when watching movies on pretty much any of my friends TV's right away and it bugs me so much. Not sure, but I feel that's what I am seeing. Best way I can describe it ... so I put in 4k Bluray of Greatest Showman and a still shot is incredibly sharp and pristine in detail. I can see wrinkles and stubble, but slightest sway or movement the wrinkles, stubble, or detail tends to wash out and blur.

Another example is I put in Dave Matthews Live at Radio Hall (yes this shows how old I am and dates me). It's an amazing Demo blu-ray anyways for picture quality and TrueHD audio track. Noticed one shot where its just a camera shot of hand holding cell phone in the air and hand sways. I can see the cell phone trailing the screen as it sways. So I saw like 8 faint cell phones as it sways for 2 seconds.

Can this be tweaked out with settings? I always turn OFF the Auto Motion on Samsung and Noise Reduction right away, so I am not taking about the Soap Opera effect. I tried turning back ON the Auto Motion, specifically the Blur Reduction setting, and test a little bit but it didn't seem to help.

What I am thinking is that most people don't notice it perhaps? This has probably become the norm to people for TV's? I am thinking I am more prone to it because the past 10 years my TV has been a Samsung DLP projection TV and ghosting was a non-existent thing. Those TV's were 10 MICRO seconds . . . not milliseconds. So when I watch other TV's I am always like "hmm shouldn't be doing that". Thoughts or ideas for me?

2) DSE

Been fully reading up on it since started researching and reading this forum. I didn't know what to expect because I guess I never really noticed it before. My DLP TV didnt have it. First got the 75in Q90 and it seemed great. I didn't notice it, but thats cause I haven't really witnessed it before or went out to look for it.

Well I went out looking for it. Did two of those popular YouTube videos. The hockey one and another was the blue sky shot just moving around looking at clouds. Ugh, now I see them and I can not NOT see them.

I put in Blu-ray of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2. Starts out with them in sandy beach and beach house. When camera pans I see the DSE all over the sandy white beach. Problem is I dont know what is normal for DSE. Is this normal amount to people or too much? Problem is I now notice it and will always detect it.

Anyways, I think the combo of these two happening during motion is the frustration and lack of detail I am seeing. Ask me any questions. Ideas to minimize anything? I am going to test this as long as I can before return date, which I need to look up what the return options are. Or should get a another for less DSE?
Cuthalu likes this.

Last edited by Nathan Bergman; 04-04-2019 at 11:23 AM.
post #1938 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Bergman View Post
Update for everyone. Unfortunately its not looking as good as I first thought. Here are some first thoughts after two days.

Alright my 72in is FA02 panel it says. Everything at first looked great. Started to tinker around with things and watch a few things on my Panny 820. Now I feel I have a more observant perspective to detail than most people would, but I was trying to figure out and determine what I was seeing so I can make sense of it and perhaps tackle it. I initially thought everything looked good and had mentality "well things need to be tweaked obviously" and it will be great. Now starting to wonder if that's not possible.

1) First question for anyone and if this is a thing for people, but do you noticing ghosting? I feel I have always been highly susceptible to Response Time and Ghosting. I always see it when watching movies on pretty much any of my friends TV's right away and it bugs me so much. Not sure, but I feel that's what I am seeing. Best way I can describe it ... so I put in 4k Bluray of Greatest Showman and a still shot is incredibly sharp and pristine in detail. I can see wrinkles and stubble, but slightest sway or movement the wrinkles, stubble, or detail tends to wash out and blur.

Another example is I put in Dave Matthews Live at Radio Hall (yes this shows how old I am and dates me). It's an amazing Demo blu-ray anyways for picture quality and TrueHD audio track. Noticed one shot where its just a camera shot of hand holding cell phone in the air and hand sways. I can see the cell phone trailing the screen as it sways. So I saw like 8 faint cell phones as it sways for 2 seconds.

Can this be tweaked out with settings? I always turn OFF the Auto Motion on Samsung and Noise Reduction right away, so I am not taking about the Soap Opera effect. I tried turning back ON the Auto Motion, specifically the Blur Reduction setting, and test a little bit but it didn't seem to help.

What I am thinking is that most people don't notice it perhaps? This has probably become the norm to people for TV's? I am thinking I am more prone to it because the past 10 years my TV has been a Samsung DLP projection TV and ghosting was a non-existent thing. Those TV's were 10 MICRO seconds . . . not milliseconds. So when I watch other TV's I am always like "hmm shouldn't be doing that". Thoughts or ideas for me?

2) DSE

Been fully reading up on it since started researching and reading this forum. I didn't know what to expect because I guess I never really noticed it before. My DLP TV didnt have it. First got the 72in Q90 and it seemed great. I didn't notice it, but thats cause I haven't really witnessed it before or went out to look for it.

Well I went out looking for it. Did two of those popular YouTube videos. The hockey one and another was the blue sky shot just moving around looking at clouds. Ugh, now I see them and I can not NOT see them.

I put in Blu-ray of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2. Starts out with them in sandy beach and beach house. When camera pans I see the DSE all over the sandy white beach. Problem is I dont know what is normal for DSE. Is this normal amount to people or too much? Problem is I now notice it and will always detect it.

Anyways, I think the combo of these two happening during motion is the frustration and lack of detail I am seeing. Ask me any questions. Ideas to minimize anything? I am going to test this as long as I can before return date, which I need to look up what the return options are. Or should get a another for less DSE?

The dreaded curse of the AVS Forums. You see something you like, but start focusing on test patterns, now you are cursed with noticing something you would have never noticed before on any TV that you buy :-)
post #1939 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesteaux View Post
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but you can enable low latency mode on the Xbox one x, which enables game mode when you launch a game and goes back to normal settings when you’re using Netflix or watching other content on the console.
Unfortunately no. When ALLM is enabled, it is enabled for the Xbox console as a whole. The TV will not be able to distinguish between when you are playing a game or watching Netflix on it. You will have to manually disable Game mode for that. There is a quick setting for it though so it only takes a couple seconds to get to.

Also worth noting, Netflix on the Xbox ALWAYS RUNS IN HDR, but it's totally broken. Netflix UI elements appear washed out, and HDR content doesn't display properly. Use the TV's built in Netflix app. It is far superior. I did an A/B comparison for myself last night using Guardians Vol 2, and the TV app embarrasses the Xbox.
Mikejl likes this.
post #1940 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorktribe View Post
Unfortunately no. When ALLM is enabled, it is enabled for the Xbox console as a whole. The TV will not be able to distinguish between when you are playing a game or watching Netflix on it. You will have to manually disable Game mode for that. There is a quick setting for it though so it only takes a couple seconds to get to.

Also worth noting, Netflix on the Xbox ALWAYS RUNS IN HDR, but it's totally broken. Netflix UI elements appear washed out, and HDR content doesn't display properly. Use the TV's built in Netflix app. It is far superior. I did an A/B comparison for myself last night using Guardians Vol 2, and the TV app embarrasses the Xbox.
I will have to test this tonight thx! But I already saw that there was a difference on xbox vs netflix app ont tv!
And most of the time i'm stuck with netflix on my xbox cause me and my gf need our headset because our kids sleep not too far so i can't wacth tv with sound.
I have one bluetooth headset connect to my tv and my second headset which is my xbox one lucidsound lS35X.
bjorktribe likes this.
post #1941 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Is there somewhere we can voice our complaint of no earc to samsung? If these truely are hdmi 2.1 it should be able to update with firmware. The magazine article said they dont see reason for it, so maybe if we get enough request they could add it. I mean if they worked with xbox for the game modes allm vrr why wouldnt they know this is very important too us
New24K likes this.
post #1942 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Park View Post
My 82 inch Q90R just got delivered:

The box is fine and I can't wait to have it set up; however herein lies the dilemma (Kill Bill quote ;-)

I had ordered White Glove delivery and confirmed it to make sure, it showed on all the paperwork/tracking and you can only imagine how baffled I was to find out that the driver did not know anything about that. His papers said Residential Delivery only, meaning he would drop it off at the doorstep. It took a couple of phone calls, long wait times, and lots of aggravation to have it arranged. It's a two hour drive from their delivery center down here; I did not want the TV to go back and forth, be loaded in and out and make it through all the construction sites along the interstate and our roads once more. I insisted on having it delivered as scheduled today as they were halfway here anyways. However, I really had to threaten to cancel the whole thing, let it go back altogether and re-order from somewhere else to have them get me the White Glove service for tomorrow. Just saying: I ordered it, fair and square, it was on all papers but they messed up and than gave me a hard time to get what I pay for and what I ordered for - no bueno!!!

Panel is a FC02
Congrats, best of luck. Hopefully you received a good panel. I am looking forward to hearing your impressions on the 82 inch.
Terminader and South Park like this.
post #1943 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Nice clean unit, its a keeper ! Looks like the manufacturers may have upped there game this year on screen uniformity. In the OLED threads some real clean panels are rolling in over there as well.
Thank goodness. The 65 Q9FN had the worse DSE I have ever seen was widespread.
post #1944 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 3935 Post(s)
Liked: 2944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithian View Post
The dreaded curse of the AVS Forums. You see something you like, but start focusing on test patterns, now you are cursed with noticing something you would have never noticed before on any TV that you buy :-)
Rule # 1 on AVS don't view the slides
post #1945 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've only found 2 negatives with this tv compared to my Z9D. It has slightly more blooming and the Z9D also had more shadow detail. The deeper blacks make up for both of these shortcomings though. The contrast is quite
stunning actually. I will run the DSE test on my tv later today but I can already tell this is the cleanest panel I've ever owned. 😯
bslep, Terminader and Cuthalu like this.
post #1946 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
I've only found 2 negatives with this tv compared to my Z9D. It has slightly more blooming and the Z9D also had more shadow detail. The deeper blacks make up for both of these shortcomings though. The contrast is quite
stunning actually. I will run the DSE test on my tv later today but I can already tell this is the cleanest panel I've ever owned. 😯
Thanks for your impression. I'm hoping some people will start posting their detailed settings :-)
post #1947 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorktribe View Post

You are incorrect. ALLM is designed to turn the TV's game mode on and off based on content. So when you launch a game on the Xbox, the TV will switch to Game Mode because the Xbox is telling the TV it needs game mode because it is a game. When you play a 4k Blu Ray it will turn Game Mode off because the Xbox is telling the TV "this is not a game". ALLM stands for Automatic Low Latency Mode. It is meant to be "automatic" based on the content you play. I have the Q9FN and it works exactly like I just described. When I am in the dashboard or launch a game it is in Game Mode, when I use Netflix, watch a 4k Blu Ray it automatically turns off Game Mode. Works great and no issues.
Ernesteaux likes this.

-Hawkmoon
post #1948 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wheaton View Post
Is there somewhere we can voice our complaint of no earc to samsung? If these truely are hdmi 2.1 it should be able to update with firmware. The magazine article said they dont see reason for it, so maybe if we get enough request they could add it. I mean if they worked with xbox for the game modes allm vrr why wouldnt they know this is very important too us
They’re not HDMI 2.1.
Cuthalu likes this.
post #1949 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
You are incorrect. ALLM is designed to turn the TV's game mode on and off based on content. So when you launch a game on the Xbox, the TV will switch to Game Mode because the Xbox is telling the TV it needs game mode because it is a game. When you play a 4k Blu Ray it will turn Game Mode off because the Xbox is telling the TV "this is not a game". ALLM stands for Automatic Low Latency Mode. It is meant to be "automatic" based on the content you play. I have the Q9FN and it works exactly like I just described. When I am in the dashboard or launch a game it is in Game Mode, when I use Netflix, watch a 4k Blu Ray it automatically turns off Game Mode. Works great and no issues.
my q70 even turns off game mode when im in dashboard, even if im playing game and pause it to go to dashboard it disables then turns back on soon as i resume the game. It works great for me
Hawkmoon likes this.
post #1950 of 6660 Old 04-04-2019, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wheaton View Post
I agree 100%. eArc is needed for those that like to have high end audio, but also like to take advantage of the gaming features they worked to include with this set. Right now, I have 2 HDMI cords behind my Xbox One X. When I want to play a game that uses VRR effectively, I disconnect the HDMI cable and connect the other one that goes straight to the one connect box, but then I lose out on my Atmos set up. It is frustrating and irritating that Samsung does not support eArc. I am in the market for a 2019 set and the only 2 options are a LG or the Q90r. But without the eArc, it is hard for me to go the Q90r route. But if you find a place to file a complaint/request, please let me know as I would 100% do it because for my use eArc is really needed.
New24K likes this.

-Hawkmoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page