Okay I left everyone high and dry after asking for feedback. I have had the TV for a few days so, I will provide some of my own. Coming from a 10 year old LCD Samsung TV it's obviously better, but I did return a Sony X900f and Samsung Nu8000 before. So here is my 2 cents.
- Compared to x900f the blacks are way better and video games are better visually. I can read the white text! and the blooming and dark corners are not nearly as bad. Also, the color just has better pop!
- Wide angles are good for viewing and if the contrast is less I think I can live with that because I can see it better from the kitchen and other parts of the living room.
- If the color gamut is lower than last year I can live with this also because to me it LOOKS better than the two previous TVs I tried out.
- The upscaling is great! and I notice the skin tones look much better than the nu8000 and closer to what I saw on the Sony.
- I imagine there is black crush that can be somewhat mitigated, but for me the darker blacks in video games is worth it.
Now here's the kicker, the uniformity is not the best and I'm not sure if my panel is within range? I do notice vertical dark bars...maybe vertical banding, not sure if that's the right term. There only obvious on full color screens and more obvious from the side. So, it's probably just the inherent nature of FALD, but I found it ironic that I noticed it the most putting on the Ambient wallpaper that is supposedly blends your TV right into the wall..
. I would post a pic, but my camera pics look pretty crappy.
Can anybody else share how obvious the vertical banding is when using the Ambient Wallpaper mode? I see two vertical bands on the far left and right and another pair just behind where the screw mounts go on the back. Just want to know if what I'm seeing is acceptable before worrying about it more. Also, notice on the back of the TV the finish is a little uneven on either side of the mount screws. I know I'm just being paranoid at this point and not sure if they are at all related. Just need some reassurance.
Thanks guys! If you have questions. Let me know!