After reading all the horror stories of delivery companies for Samsung, Best Buy, etc I decided to go pick up my 82” Q900 myself.
I’m replacing a 2014 Samsung Curved 4K TV.
After turning it on, updating the firmware, and setting a few basic settings and watching for 45 min in an extremely bright room, here are my first impressions.
Note, I don’t know every proper setting to optimize this set and would welcome some feedback. I also don’t know what every abbreviation you guys use is but I’m learning.
1. Physical install was easy. The longest hang up I had was trying to find where the feet were for the TV. They are in a holder on the top center (I thought that was part of the wall mount)
2. Speaking of wall mounts, I was pleasantly surprised to find that for $10,000 I got one included. It’s FAR heavier duty than any wall mount I’d have used.
3. I turned auto motion settings to custom, and set both Judder and Blur to level 3. I don’t notice any soap opera effect which I’m usually really sensitive to.
4. It took me a while to get my Apple TV To work correctly. Setting it to match source settings for both Dynamic Range and Frame Rate.
5. I made sure all Eco settings were disabled
The screen is very bright, color is great, and the menu is FAST. Overall I’m really happy with how it looks. I’m not sure I’m $10,000 happy but so far I’ve only watched it in the middle of the day with a ton of ambient light.
I’d be happy to answer questions I can and send pics. I’ve got the evening to play with this.