2019 Samsung Q900 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 252Likes

post #781 of 784 Old 01-14-2020, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 1614
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG4k View Post
I see this side effect too...for me I guess its better then grey bars. Im using apple tv so I'm not too worried, but a tv at this price should work properly By the time 8k internal apps are added I hope they sorted this out
Are you sure internal 8K apps are coming to your TV? The new TVs for this year have the AV1 codec for 8K YouTube and whomever else decides to use it for 8K. I haven't seen anything about AV1 being updated to last year's TVs. My whole reason for not jumping on the 8K bandwagon so early.

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 784 Old 01-14-2020, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Are you sure internal 8K apps are coming to your TV? The new TVs for this year have the AV1 codec for 8K YouTube and whomever else decides to use it for 8K. I haven't seen anything about AV1 being updated to last year's TVs. My whole reason for not jumping on the 8K bandwagon so early.
Im happy with the performance either way as for me it was a 75 q90 or 75 q900 for the same money, and have confidence that the new xbox series x will have many apps through hdmi 2.1/ but if europe can get 3 different 8k apps, i don't see why our tv's cant too...they're doing 8k 60 and hdr10+ I believe. Its either happened or happening very soon for them.

Samsung 75Q900r / Samsung 65KS8500
Panasonic DP UB420/Samsung K8500 4k Blu-Ray Player
Sony STR ZA1100ES Atmos/DTSx 5.1.2
Xbox One S/Xbox One X/Ps4 Pro/Apple TV 4K 64GB
post #783 of 784 Old 01-15-2020, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7019 Post(s)
Liked: 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by spridell View Post
SO now that Samsung has confirmed that their 2020 8k tv's will be able to do AV1 8k youtube videos what about us with the 2019 models?

Are they still saying we can get an updated one connect?
Start emailing Samsung.....If no one complains you know they will not.
iLLWiLL, LG4k and In The Bay like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 784 Old 01-16-2020, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
An update: A service visit was scheduled today but has slipped to tomorrow 1/14/2020 because the replacement panel is late arriving at the service center. The ticket reads "Display/Line/ Spots/Lit/Dead pixels on screen/Technical" and the service center says they will be replacing the panel. Apparently the photos of the defect I sent were enough to narrow the problem down which is good because it doesn't look like we're going have to "debate" what the appropriate repair action is. I'll report back with further information when available.
Final update on the fix. The Samsung repair contractor replaced the panel, not just a swap but by surgery. The original panel back and three of the five major circuit assemblies (not the two connected directly to the LCD array itself, one for the left half and one for the right half) were assembled with the new LCD array and frame. It took them about an hour. They reassembled, and before they popped (literally) the back on they connected the One Connect unit, and everything worked fine. They then popped the back on, put the wall mount back on, a hung it on the wall. No picture settings needed to be changed. This was the first time the technicians had serviced an 8k unit, but panel assembly is not new. (BTW the techs did not even need to visually confirm the issue, although I showed it to them. The photos I had sent were enough. The unit keeps the same serial number since that's mounted on the back.)

In short, we're happy again, and our first (and hopefully only) experience with warranty service was positive.

Last edited by PJL99; 01-16-2020 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page