77 LG C9 vs Samsung 75 Q90R Help Me Choose - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 108Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 07:48 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Never said Sony wasn’t ‘slightly’ better, but you are blowing it WAAAAAY out of proportion. Even all the respected reviewers say that it is VERY close. Then again, you show up in every single thread with the same old and overused arguments for Sony. Doesn’t it get tiresome the constant battle against all other brands not called Sony? Seriously!?

I mean, the OP didn’t even ask about Sony and you are still trying to cram it down our throats.
They never say it is "very close", those are your words. they just say sony has an advantage in this department, and like i said, to people who are critical of motion, those subtle advantages do matter. To you it may not.
And i wasnt replying to the OP when i made that post, a couple of guys right above me, JD 23 (one of them) are currently sony lcd owners and they are looking to upgrade, my reply was directed at them (perhaps i should have quoted them to be specific who i was directing the post at).

And funny that you accuse me of sony bias, while you yourself go so overly defensive about samsung, you have a clearly evident bias towards samsung, simply becaue you bought a q90r and you must defend it at all costs. You do the same thing that you accuse others of, lol. Sorry, but x1 xtreme/x1 ultimate processing has an advantage over your q90r, even though they are subtle advantages, and to all people critical of motion this needs to be pointed out.

Last edited by Menarini; 05-19-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Menarini is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
They never say it is "very close", those are your words. they just say sony has an advantage in this department, and like i said, to people who are critical of motion, those subtle advantages do matter. To you it may not.
And i wasnt replying to the OP when i made that post, a couple of guys right above me, JD 23 (one of them) are currently sony lcd owners and they are looking to upgrade, my reply was directed at them (perhaps i should have quoted them to be specific who i was directing the post at).

And funny that you accuse me of sony bias, while you yourself go so overly defensive about samsung, you have a clearly evident bias towards samsung, simply becaue you bought a q90r and you must defend it at all costs. You do the same thing that you accuse others of, lol. Sorry, but x1 xtreme/x1 ultimate processing has an advantage over your q90r, even though they are subtle advantages, and to all people critical of motion this needs to be pointed out.
They all say “Sony has an advantage”, really? Those are your words.

How did Rtings rate motion on the Z9F vs Q90? No bias here as I’ve actually OWNED all of these sets. I had the Z9F and Q90 in my house for comparison at the same time and chose the Q90, because it’s the better overall set. I still have a lot of love for the Z9F though. I love my C8 as well.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #63 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 08:18 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
They all say “Sony has an advantage”, really? Those are your words.

How did Rtings rate motion on the Z9F vs Q90? No bias here as I’ve actually OWNED all of these sets. I had the Z9F and Q90 in my house for comparison at the same time and chose the Q90, because it’s the better overall set. I still have a lot of love for the Z9F though. I love my C8 as well.
You feel the need to jump to samsung's defense the moment even a bit of negativity gets pointed at your q90r, but yet you're not biased towards it, yeah right
I've read your posts in the q90r owners thread too, you jump at q90's defense at every turn you get, it is ironical for you to be accusing others of bias.
And yeah, professional reviewers/calibrators agree that sony has an advantage over other manufacturers (not just samsung) in motion processing . I just watched the q90r vs the x950 comparison that vincent did, vincent preferred the x950's motion processing over q90r (and the x950 is not even sony's flagship, it's a midrange model), from the content playing in that comparison video, it was also discernible to any motion critical watcher that sony looked smoother in many shots.
Q90R is a good tv and samsung has made refinements over last year's model, but motion is NOT one of samsung's strong points, sony has an advantage here.

Last edited by Menarini; 05-19-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Menarini is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
You feel the need to jump to samsung's defense the moment even a bit of negativity gets pointed at your q90r, but yet you're not biased towards it, yeah right
I've read your posts in the q90r owners thread too, you jump at q90's defense at every turn you get, it is ironical for you to be accusing others of bias.
And yeah, professional reviewers/calibrators agree that sony has an advantage over other manufacturers (not just samsung) in motion processing . I just watched q90r vs the x950 comparison that vicent did, vincent preferred the x950's motion processing over q90r (and the x950 is not even sony's flagship, it's a midrange model), from the content playing in that comparison video, it was also discernible to any motion critical watcher that sony looked smoother.
Q90R is a good tv and samsung has made refinements over last year's model, but motion is NOT one of samsung's strong points, sony has an advantage here.
Only when people who don’t own the sets make baseless claims. Roll your eyes all you want, your just making yourself look more foolish. Again, how did Rtings rate the Q90 vs the Z9F for motion? I personally still give Sony the slightest of edges in motion handling, but to say that it’s universal and a matter of fact is false.



My apologies to the op. I will let this go now, it’s just aggravating the amount of bias that is still rampant on this forum. It reminds me of all those little kids arguing about a few more polygons on PlayStation vs Xbox.
jmpage2, sd13, srkmish and 1 others like this.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
post #65 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 08:52 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Only when people who don’t own the sets make baseless claims. Roll your eyes all you want, your just making yourself look more foolish. Again, how did Rtings rate the Q90 vs the Z9F for motion? I personally still give Sony the slightest of edges in motion handling, but to say that it’s universal and a matter of fact is false.
I never said it was "universal", plz re read what i said. Here, i'll put it up again what i said- "to people who are critical of motion" ,"sony has subtle advantages in motion that do matter". I also followed that by saying "to you it may not matter". So again, i was not saying it is universal. To a casual observer comparing sony against a q90r, they might look close, but to a motion critical watcher sony will lend subtle advantages in motion which would matter. People have differing tolerance levels for motion/motion artifacts, and there are many people to whom motion is a very critical factor when making a purchase decision.
Menarini is offline  
post #66 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
They all say “Sony has an advantage”, really? Those are your words.

How did Rtings rate motion on the Z9F vs Q90? No bias here as I’ve actually OWNED all of these sets. I had the Z9F and Q90 in my house for comparison at the same time and chose the Q90, because it’s the better overall set. I still have a lot of love for the Z9F though. I love my C8 as well.
Lol, he owns none of the sets yet comments like he is a pro...the member does this in A LOT of threads.
BRAC and sd13 like this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 05-19-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #67 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 10:24 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
lol im not acting a pro, i said most of the real pros out there give sony an edge in motion processing over other brands. As a case in point,see vincent teoh's comparison reviews, or read what calibrators like dnice or chadb say on this forum, they all give a nod to sony with motion. Ive never heard of a calibrator saying choose a samsung over sony if motion is important to you, it's the other way round. You don't need to pay heed TO ME, do your research, see what all the pros say over the net and tally up the opinions, i can assure you the majority of professionals will give sony an edge when it comes to motion, same like they would give panasonic an edge when it comes to color accuracy.

Too bad that to people who invest into other brands, it becomes hard accepting it, because to them nothing else matters other than defending their purchase.
Menarini is offline  
post #68 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
^most of the members you respond to absolutely know who the pros are and dont need you to remind them of who they are, the professionals you name dropped opinions matter but that's only part of the experience and doesnt mean they are always right. I own a Samsung a Sony and an LG, and many owners here own multiple brands and can speak from experience, not conjecture, opinions or what is seen at a store.
BRAC and sd13 like this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 05-19-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #69 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 10:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
^most of the members you respond to absolutely know who the pros are and dont need you to remind them of who they are, their opinions matter but that's only part of the experience and doesnt mean they are always right. I own a Samsung a Sony and an LG, and many owners here own multiple brands and can speak from experience, not conjecture, opinions or what is seen at a store.
Agreed. I own all three brands as well and to blanket one brand as superior to another is just plain fanboyism. Every tv from every brand I own has pros and cons in every attribute.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
BRAC and Cam1977 like this.
sd13 is online now  
post #70 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
^this year is an excellent year to choose from imo...especially with the pricing. Right now the 82inch q90 and the 77C9 have me thinking...
BRAC and sd13 like this.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #71 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 10:46 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Why are you ignoring the part where i say that most professionals hold this opinion, funny how you try to make this about me. Im not saying you to trust me on this, i can link you to vincent's comparison reviews, or pull up a couple of quotes from dnice in this forum which say that sony has an edge in motion processing, and im sure these pros speak from experience, after calibrating and extensively comparing the tv's for themselves and dont opine based on conjecture or from seeing the tv's at a store.
Menarini is offline  
post #72 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 10:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
^why should I care about vincents reviews??? Is he buying my TV, has he shown bias in the past??? I'm glad you can pull up quotes from D-Nice, I've had plenty of exchanges with him and have nothing but respect for him, and have followed him, but I dont presume to know what he thinks all the time. Again I have a Sony, 940E, a Samsung 75Q8, and a 65C8...each as serves its purpose. Please stop lecturing folks on here on what the calibrators do, anyone who has been on this forum longer than 5 months know what they do. If that's your argument please move on.
BRAC and sd13 like this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 05-20-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #73 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:01 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Both of them are pros unlike you. Of course to you a pro's opinion only matters when he's putting your chosen brand ahead, otherwise you resort to "who cares what he has to say". Ha.

And i did not say other tv brands cannot serve a purpose for people, not all people give priority to the same picture metrics, and thats fine. But the debate was specifcally about Motion, and here is where i said that to motion critical people sony has subtle advantages in motion processing, and I corroborated that statement by citing a bunch of pro calibrators.
Menarini is offline  
post #74 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
^I never implied that I was a pro fella. I've never preferred one pro reviewer over another, so instead of making blanket statements as you usually get called out for, do some research first then support your claim with facts, that's how that works. Now in your remarks about motion, what experience do you have with the samsung? Do you have a current model in your home that you can make your claim? Let's be real here, motion is subjective, some are more sensitive to it than others. You made a snarky remark about the samsung processor, but what experience do you have with it...you saw it at a store??? Not enough to actually make blanket statements sorry...
BRAC and sd13 like this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 05-19-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #75 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:19 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
lol then why would you downplay vincent's opinion when he says sony has subtle advantages in motion processing, if you say you dont prefer one pro over the other? seems like accepting a pro's opinion to you is only about whether his opinion puts your chosen brand ahead.
And again, stop trying to make this about whether 'i own' a samsung or not, when im directly pointing you to research the opinion held among most professional calibrators. I told you, you dont have to trust what im saying, just do your research on what most pros say about motion, the majority of them give do sony the edge in this department, citing their better motion interpolation. And you cant refute that.

Last edited by Menarini; 05-19-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Menarini is offline  
post #76 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
^so what reviewer do I prefer? I mean you obviously know which ones I like right??? I've never preferred one reviewer over another, is that hard to understand??? What's my chosen brand??? Do you know what it is??? Please inform me??? What opinions do you want me to research??? How can I not bring up the samsung when your provided a misinformed opinion on the samsung because you dont own one...that is totally relevant to the topic. Again, motion is subjective, and some prefer one brand over the other, but to some like myself, will not pay a premium for slightly better motion regardless of what some guy that does videos says. Here's, one I see no difference with my 940e and Q8 in regards to motion, that's just me, I dont speak for anyone else, or pretend to know what other brands can and cant do, and I am absolutely not trying to refute anything...

Last edited by Cam1977; 05-20-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #77 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,828
Mentioned: 260 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12679 Post(s)
Liked: 11914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
lol then why would you downplay vincent's opinion when he says sony has subtle advantages in motion processing, if you say you dont prefer one pro over the other? seems like accepting a pro's opinion to you is only about whether his opinion puts your chosen brand ahead.
And again, stop trying to make this about whether 'i own' a samsung or not, when im directly pointing you to research the opinion held among most professional calibrators. I told you, you dont have to trust what im saying, just do your research on what most pros say about motion, the majority of them give do sony the edge in this department, citing their better motion interpolation. And you cant refute that.


it seems you've either changed your original point or maybe even forgotten it. you said someone who owns a Sony CAN'T own a Samsung, which is different than what yih are saying now which is "sony has subtle advantages". since when are subtle advantages deal breakers for 100% of people? I know some people "can't" the accept Samsung's motion, but that's definitely not 100%. I'd say 10% return Samsung tvs because of motion alone, maybe less.

And yes while I do own a Samsung, I would like them to overall improve the motion but for me it's not a deal breaker.
BRAC, sd13 and Cam1977 like this.
ray0414 is offline  
post #78 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:37 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
You should reaearch all professional reviews, comparison videos you can find on the net, tally up all the opinions, i can assure you the majority of the pro opinions would say that sony has advantages in motion processing. If you can bring an evidence to refute this, im willing to hear , otherwise you have no point.
If you come back once again with a "you dont own a samsung blah blah...", i will not go ahead with the debate.
Menarini is offline  
post #79 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
it seems you've either changed your original point or maybe even forgotten it. you said someone who owns a Sony CAN'T own a Samsung, which is different than what yih are saying now which is "sony has subtle advantages". since when are subtle advantages deal breakers for 100% of people?

And yes while I do own a Samsung, I would like them to overall improve the motion but for me it's not a deal breaker.
Agreed.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #80 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
You should reaearch all professional reviews, comparison videos you can find on the net, tally up all the opinions, i can assure you the majority of the pro opinions would say that sony has advantages in motion processing. If you can bring an evidence to refute this, im willing to hear , otherwise you have no point.
If you come back once again with a "you dont own a samsung blah blah...", i will not go ahead with the debate.
Cool please end the debate, because you dont own one, when you own one then you can make an educated and informed response.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #81 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:43 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
it seems you've either changed your original point or maybe even forgotten it. you said someone who owns a Sony CAN'T own a Samsung, which is different than what yih are saying now which is "sony has subtle advantages". since when are subtle advantages deal breakers for 100% of people?

And yes while I do own a Samsung, I would like them to overall improve the motion but for me it's not a deal breaker.
I clearly used the words...to motion critical people... multiple times (did i not), which makes it clear that i was not saying it's an issue for 100% of people. If you are not critical to motion/motion artifacts, a samsung will do fine, but there are loads of people out there to whom motion is a critical factor when deciding upon a tv (including former plasma owners), for such people, sony's motion interpolation gives subtle advantages over samsung and other brands.

Last edited by Menarini; 05-19-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Menarini is offline  
post #82 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
Cool please end the debate, because you dont own one, when you own one then you can make an educated and informed response.
I think it's best just to ignore anyone using fanboyish terminology such as scamsung, lucky goldstar, pony etc. Best not feed the trolls.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
ray0414 and Cam1977 like this.
sd13 is online now  
post #83 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
^^yeah hard to back up an argument when terms like that are used, I was a hard Samsung critic in the past as ray0414 well knows😉, but the Q8 has been very surprising and now I'm hungry for a larger set...got spoiled on my 75's!
ray0414 likes this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 05-19-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #84 of 199 Old 05-19-2019, 11:58 PM
Member
 
manis52581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
I clearly used the words...to motion critical people... multiple times (did i not), which makes it clear that i was not saying it's an issue for 100% of people. If you are not critical to motion/motion artifacts, a samsung will do fine, but there are loads of people out there to whom motion is a critical factor when deciding upon a tv (including former plasma owners), for such people, sony's motion interpolation gives subtle advantages over samsung and other brands.
Minga’ give it a rest. I looked forward to reading this thread and trying to figure out if a Q90R is appropriate for my viewing. Instead I run into Menarini putting up a harder fight than Cersei Lannister.
manis52581 is offline  
post #85 of 199 Old 05-20-2019, 12:05 AM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
lol nvm , you can go back to debating the q90r vs the lg c9 ( lcd vs oled thread?). im done with this thread.
Menarini is offline  
post #86 of 199 Old 05-20-2019, 12:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
^^yeah hard to back up an argument when terms like that are used, I was a hard Samsung critic in the past as ray0414 well knows, but the Q8 has been very surprising and now I'm hungry for a larger set...got spoiled on my 75's!
Yep me too. I loathed the Samsung 2017 models and gave em alot of crap for it. 2018 had some glaring quality control issues and 2019 fixed most if it. As far as q90r vs c8is concerned...since I own both I will chime in I prefer the Qled in the daytime and OLED at night time. The choice should be made based mostly on room environment imho. Both do a fantastic job in all environments but OLED in my opinion will always excel in a dark environment and LCD especially the Samsung with it's great filter will do better when you have glare and lights hitting the tv.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
sd13 is online now  
post #87 of 199 Old 05-20-2019, 12:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,445
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
^the 82 q90 has peaked my interest because of the price, it's amazing how much cheaper these larger high end sets were as opposed to a few years ago. Even the Sony A9G 77's price is not crazy high. Definitely a year for larger sets!
sd13, ray0414 and srkmish like this.
Cam1977 is online now  
post #88 of 199 Old 05-20-2019, 12:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
^the 82 q90 has peaked my interest because of the price, it's amazing how much cheaper these larger high end sets were as opposed to a few years ago. Even the Sony A9G 77's price is not crazy high. Definitely a year for larger sets!
Yep and it will only get better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cam1977 likes this.
sd13 is online now  
post #89 of 199 Old 05-20-2019, 01:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ice Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision View Post
Hi.... The C9 got great reviews but OLED is still quite pricey at 77".. We should be comparing OLED's to other OLED's.... And LCD's with other LCD's just to be fair.... It's like comparing an Electric car with a gas car.. OLED and LCD are both, two very different technologies..... Both have their own strengths and weaknesses.. Just Purchase which ever one you can afford.. There both very good TVs and are sure to please. 😀
I wish I could buy a 2019 LG C9 OLED a few things are holding me back.

#1 . HDMI 2.1 but no FreeSync support. I don’t trust the first Gen of HDMI 2.1
#2 . Hisense H9F, a great mid tier Quantum Dot 120Hz 4K for less than $800 to hold me over
#3 . 2020 Top Emissive OLED. Next years OLEDs should be much brighter
Ice Cold is offline  
post #90 of 199 Old 05-20-2019, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jmpage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,645
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
lol nvm , you can go back to debating the q90r vs the lg c9 ( lcd vs oled thread?). im done with this thread.
We can go back to the topic of the thread before you derailed it? Oh gee, thanks.
sd13 and Cam1977 like this.
jmpage2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off