2019 Vizio M Series Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 68Likes

post #481 of 770 Old 11-28-2019, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have a quick question for you guys, just picked up a 65 m series and I noticed there is a screen protector on the tv. Not sure if this is a glare reduction screen or one you are supposed to pull off. Read somewhere someone pulled off a anti glare that was not supposed to come off *ouch*.

Like most everyone looked at the R625, H9F, and M series(p series didnt seem worth it). Utilmately choose during to price difference and being content with my previous vizio m.

Also wanted to give my opinions coming from a 2016 m series and LG 1st gen OLED. Stomps old m series PQ and black levels. Black levels rivals my LG. Probably echoes the research you guys already did. 4K picture is great, upscaling not so great but livable. Two big cons reflections, reflections on this tv are bad but this is comparision to replacing a oled. Also speakers are not very good most everything needs to be atleast 50 60 with 100 not being very tiny compared to the LG, assuming budget tier vs higher range tier components.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 770 Old 11-28-2019, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMQ45 View Post
Greetings all,

My current Vizio is 6 years old - a 42 inch E420-A0. I'm ready to upgrade to something new. Let me start by saying I only have space for a 50 inch screen. I can't fit a 55 inch screen in my living room (redditors don't seem to grasp the concept of space when giving advice). With that said my options as far as quality is concerned appear to be quite limited. I liked how the Vizio M507-G1 looked in the store though the colors did seem to appear slightly duller compared to other TVs. However I'm reading reviews and looking at pictures online and people are saying it's far far inferior to the M8's which start at 55". My biggest concern is blooming with only 16 areas of local dimming. Some of the examples I'm seeing online of white objects on a dark screen show a large area of light bleeding into the black screen. That's really the only thing that would annoy me. Should this be a deal breaker? If I turn off local dimming would having just full array (without local dimming) still have an advantage over other brand's edge lit screens? I don't need the latest and greatest technology. I watch some sports but mostly movies. I've been going back and forth for the past month between the M507-G1 and Samsung 50" RU7100. There are people who hate both and people who love both. Not sure where to go from here besides flipping a coin and going forward with the result. I really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

-J
Of course any in this category will have drawbacks, but I might throw another in the mix, the Hisense H8F, which has 60 local dimming zones. I think the Samsung doesn't have local dimming and unfortunately the M series the good ones for local dimming are the 55 and 65" models.

I had the 50" h8f and it looked pretty good, though you could notice some blooming (not bad for the price IMO, it looked pretty good) and the darkened corners. I ended up getting the M558 from Vizio because I wanted a bit more real estate, and the wider color gamut and extra local dimming zones appealed to me.

At best buy I thought the ru7100 looked good though.
post #483 of 770 Old 11-28-2019, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 4
So, any idea why this is pretty much the only FALD without vignetting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 770 Old 11-28-2019, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenzetta View Post
So, any idea why this is pretty much the only FALD without vignetting?
Might be that it has slightly thicker bezels and a thicker frame allowing for a more even mount and overlap.
post #485 of 770 Old 11-29-2019, 04:49 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Amazon Black Friday. If you're considering a Roku Ultra (2019) today is the day.

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3

LR2. Vizio M558-G1, Roku Ultra.
post #486 of 770 Old 11-29-2019, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Has anyone seen the 70 inch M706-G3 in person? How does it stack up against the rest of the competition? Considering making this purchase but there’s not much info out there about this TV. Any differences versus the rest of the M series lineup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #487 of 770 Old 11-29-2019, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post
Amazon Black Friday. If you're considering a Roku Ultra (2019) today is the day. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
don't do the roku ultra. It does do DV or HDR10+
post #488 of 770 Old 11-29-2019, 02:31 PM

Here's the Digital Trends review hot off the press today https://youtu.be/4-K42XGGU2o
HuskerHarley likes this.
post #489 of 770 Old 11-30-2019, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Well, I'm an M Series owner again.

I had the M557 at Costco, I liked it accept for the dimming zones, 16 isn't enough and the implementation wasn't very good, I could see clouding around bright objects, it was evident and annoying.

So I took it back and got a TCL 6 Series. Boy did I lose the panel lottery there, though I'm convinced they all have problems. On mine the vignetting was awful and on an all white screen I could see vertical banding running the length of the screen, it was clear and obvious and horrible.

Took it back and went to best buy for an M558. Haven't unboxed it yet but I'm thinking I'll have the TV I want now.
post #490 of 770 Old 11-30-2019, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by msloane View Post
Hello, all.

Got the M658-G1 a few days ago at Best Buy...that sale price was just too tempting.

So far, it's a stunner, coming as I do from a 12 year-old 52" Sony Bravia (which was $3200 back in 2007).

I seem to have won the Vizio panel lottery — no mean feat, from what I've read above.

The one wrinkle was when I attached my AppleTV 4K to the HDMI 1 (ARC) port, which configured as Dolby Vision.

(Connecting to HDMI 1 just seemed to make sense to me...I only have one device, so why not connect it to port #1 , right?)

Things would work for a while (10-15 minutes)...then start to go crazy....picture and sound flashing in and out randomly, and weird flashing lines and color streaks.

This would progress, until after 5 more minutes or so, things became unwatchable.

I figured it had to be the HDMI cable or the HDMI 1 port.

Switching to HDMI 2 cleared everything up.

I contacted Vizio support, and the tech support rep said that the HDMI 1 ARC port is ONLY for connecting ARC-compatible soundbars — the flickering I saw was to be be expected, as HDMI 1 doesn't have sufficient bandwidth to bring in a 4K Dolby Vision signal.

Full disclosure...I have ZERO experience with ARC devices. My receiver isn't ARC-compatible...I send TV sound to it with an optical cable.

Also...there is NO documentation or warnings in the manual...or anywhere else I could find...about ONLY connecting an ARC-compatible soundbar to HDMI 1, and NOT connecting a 4K device.

Is what the Vizio rep told me true? Or do I possibly have a bad HDMI port?

Thanks...
Well according to this they should all be the same:
HDMI 1-5
HCDP 2.2, HDMI v2.0
600MHz pixel clock rate:
[email protected], 4:4:4, 8-bit
[email protected], 4:2:2, 12-bit
[email protected], 4:2:0, 12-bit
look under technical specs
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/...language=en_US

Also in the manual HDMI 1-4
Version HCDP 2.2, HDMI v2.0b (600MHz)

So who knows since supposedly only the lower end models are different and not all ports same who knows why but these are specs for V series for comparison:
HDMI 1-2 HDCP 2.2 HDMI v2.0
2160p @ 60Hz 4:4:4 8-bit
2160p @ 60Hz 4:2:0 10-bit
HDMI 3 HDCP 2.2 HDMI v1.4

But yeah also got Apple TV 4K and on my old E43-F1 it would fail Dolby [email protected] on 1 port haven't tried it on new 43M since it worked right away first port I tried.
post #491 of 770 Old 11-30-2019, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviangel View Post
Well according to this they should all be the same:
HDMI 1-5
HCDP 2.2, HDMI v2.0
600MHz pixel clock rate:
[email protected], 4:4:4, 8-bit
[email protected], 4:2:2, 12-bit
[email protected], 4:2:0, 12-bit
look under technical specs
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/...language=en_US

Also in the manual HDMI 1-4
Version HCDP 2.2, HDMI v2.0b (600MHz)

So who knows since supposedly only the lower end models are different and not all ports same who knows why but these are specs for V series for comparison:
HDMI 1-2 HDCP 2.2 HDMI v2.0
2160p @ 60Hz 4:4:4 8-bit
2160p @ 60Hz 4:2:0 10-bit
HDMI 3 HDCP 2.2 HDMI v1.4

But yeah also got Apple TV 4K and on my old E43-F1 it would fail Dolby [email protected] on 1 port haven't tried it on new 43M since it worked right away first port I tried.
Interesting.

Well, since HDMI1 is the only ARC port (and since I know nothing about what ARC does to a port), I can only guess that whatever ARC is doing to HDMI1 must be something that the AppleTV doesn't like.

If anyone knows what that might be, please feel free to weigh in.

All this aside, I feel like the larger issue is the lack of any Vizio documentation anywhere stating that HDMI1-ARC is for ARC-compatible soundbars ONLY, and discouraging users from connecting a streaming device (or the like).
post #492 of 770 Old 11-30-2019, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by msloane View Post
Interesting.

Well, since HDMI1 is the only ARC port (and since I know nothing about what ARC does to a port), I can only guess that whatever ARC is doing to HDMI1 must be something that the AppleTV doesn't like.

If anyone knows what that might be, please feel free to weigh in.

All this aside, I feel like the larger issue is the lack of any Vizio documentation anywhere stating that HDMI1-ARC is for ARC-compatible soundbars ONLY, and discouraging users from connecting a streaming device (or the like).

My Apple TV works fine on input 1. I’d make sure you have a compliant hdmi cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #493 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike171979 View Post
Well, I'm an M Series owner again.

I had the M557 at Costco, I liked it accept for the dimming zones, 16 isn't enough and the implementation wasn't very good, I could see clouding around bright objects, it was evident and annoying.

So I took it back and got a TCL 6 Series. Boy did I lose the panel lottery there, though I'm convinced they all have problems. On mine the vignetting was awful and on an all white screen I could see vertical banding running the length of the screen, it was clear and obvious and horrible.

Took it back and went to best buy for an M558. Haven't unboxed it yet but I'm thinking I'll have the TV I want now.
Let me know what you think, I couldn't be happier. Coming from a plasma I had certain high expectations, especially in the blacks and blooming. This TV is fantastic, on YT you can search for the LG chess demo or some supposedly 2000nit videos of cities, it is insane. Never mind here they are for your convenience.
https://youtu.be/2RIDhA9c8qw

https://youtu.be/GOE7S_usVXc

Last edited by Ghost Recon; 12-01-2019 at 08:18 AM.
post #494 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Are the on board test patterns greyed out for you guys as well? This irritates me because calibrating to YT isnt a great idea, and if I plug in my mac, I cannot turn off the Macs color sync tampering. It does have presets for many different color settings like 709 or 2020, I just dont know which I should use. And it is a 2010 mac mini so I dont even know what it can output as far as color volume.
post #495 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Is there a thread for calibration settings? Sister in Law bought a M558-G1 55" at Best Buy and would like to tweak her settings.
Currently trying out RTINGS.COM suggestions

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN

Last edited by bodean; 12-01-2019 at 08:57 AM.
post #496 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Picked up an M658-G1. Ordered a 2019-Roku Ultra, I currently have Satellite TV, plan to order a Sound Bar Tomorrow (Cyber Monday) I have certified HDMI Cables for 4K HDR useability.

1st time going the Soundbar route, I've always used AVRs for the switching of in/outputs...What is the correct/best way to hook up all 4 pieces of equipment?

I wanna keep it as simple as possible for others (Family & Guests) to use this setup.

Will I have to purchase a Universal Remote (Logitech?) Or does the TV automatically know what's being fed to it and selects the correct input...For example, watching Satellite then Powering up the Roku?

Any other tips associated with this TV? (I plan to read the thread when I get some free time!!)
post #497 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post
Picked up an M658-G1. Ordered a 2019-Roku Ultra, I currently have Satellite TV, plan to order a Sound Bar Tomorrow (Cyber Monday) I have certified HDMI Cables for 4K HDR useability.

1st time going the Soundbar route, I've always used AVRs for the switching of in/outputs...What is the correct/best way to hook up all 4 pieces of equipment?

I wanna keep it as simple as possible for others (Family & Guests) to use this setup.

Will I have to purchase a Universal Remote (Logitech?) Or does the TV automatically know what's being fed to it and selects the correct input...For example, watching Satellite then Powering up the Roku?

Any other tips associated with this TV? (I plan to read the thread when I get some free time!![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG])
soundbar goes in input 1 then it's place where u want from there. I don't know if this will be a issue for you as it was for me, BUT I took back the roku ultra due to it doesn't do Dolby Vision or HDR10+ and for me... if the tv does something that is supposed to be improved PQ then I want a compatible device
post #498 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saludgrind View Post
Quote:

Any other tips associated with this TV? (I plan to read the thread when I get some free time!![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG])
soundbar goes in input 1 then it's place where u want from there. I don't know if this will be a issue for you as it was for me, BUT I took back the roku ultra due to it doesn't do Dolby Vision or HDR10+ and for me... if the tv does something that is supposed to be improved PQ then I want a compatible device
make sure CEC is on and everything should communicate. I basically use just the fire tv remote now. Controls volume and any Extra TV settings you can just use a phone app
post #499 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Recon View Post

Let me know what you think, I couldn't be happier. Coming from a plasma I had certain high expectations, especially in the blacks and blooming. This TV is fantastic, on YT you can search for the LG chess demo or some supposedly 2000nit videos of cities, it is insane. Never mind here they are for your convenience.

Well, it took me a while to get it going. I had to update it several times then it froze I had to unplug it and then do a soft power cycle a couple times. After all the headaches its working fine now.

The PQ is an upgrade over the 557. It's much more punchy and the black levels are way better.

As for uniformity, the 557 I had was very good, only slight DSE and one faint band, probably a 8.8 out of 10. This one is much more like the Rtings sample, it has a noticeable band on the far left of the screen on a gray screen. It's probably a 7.8 out of 10. But it's miles ahead of the TCL I had and zero vignetting. It's definitely a keeper just not quite as good.

The PQ is outstanding. Can't wait to run more stuff through it.
post #500 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 42
audio help please

I tried posting this earlier today, so most likely it will show up twice at some point, if so, I apologize!

I replaced my Sony 850C with this very nice Vizio M658-G1, which has a great picture! However, I have just experienced an issued with my Sammy UHD Blu-ray player. I had it hooked up so video ran to the Sony TV from hdmi 1 and audio to my Onkyo via hdmi 2. I hooked the vizio up the same way: video from the Sammy Blu-ray to the tv from hdmi1 and audio to the Onkyo via hdmi2. However, I now get no audio coming through the hdmi2 output to the Onkyo. Is there something about the TV that would pre-emptively stop the audio from going to the receiver? Sammy output options are: Bitstream uncompressed (preferred), PCM, Bitstream Dolby & Bitstream DTS. The only way I get sound is if I choose to send it via hdmi 1 to the Vizio and then to the receiver. Help? And thank you all in advance!

Sony XBR-55X850C
Onkyo TX-SR444
PS4
Polk Audio 5.1.2

Packer fan living in Michigan.
post #501 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

That's an easy fix. ARC is HDMI 1. So send the Bluray player to HDMI 2. Then just run the receiver's HDMI out to HDMI 1. Everything should work then.
post #502 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
That's an easy fix. ARC is HDMI 1. So send the Bluray player to HDMI 2. Then just run the receiver's HDMI out to HDMI 1. Everything should work then.
So... that is exactly how I have it set up. The Sammy's video (hdmi 1) is running to the tv's hdmi 2. The Sammy's audio (hdmi 2) is running to the Onkyo. Just as I had it set up with the Sony...

Sony XBR-55X850C
Onkyo TX-SR444
PS4
Polk Audio 5.1.2

Packer fan living in Michigan.
post #503 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilithos View Post
Quote:
So... that is exactly how I have it set up. The Sammy's video (hdmi 1) is running to the tv's hdmi 2. The Sammy's audio (hdmi 2) is running to the Onkyo. Just as I had it set up with the Sony...
remove the audio HDMI from the blue ray to sound. Just use the HDMI from sound to HDMI 1 is what he is saying.
post #504 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 07:23 PM

Plug the blue ray in any input besides 1 and the audio into 1. It will run all sound from all inputs to you speaker.
post #505 of 770 Old 12-01-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Recon View Post

Well, it took me a while to get it going. I had to update it several times then it froze I had to unplug it and then do a soft power cycle a couple times. After all the headaches its working fine now.

The PQ is an upgrade over the 557. It's much more punchy and the black levels are way better.

As for uniformity, the 557 I had was very good, only slight DSE and one faint band, probably a 8.8 out of 10. This one is much more like the Rtings sample, it has a noticeable band on the far left of the screen on a gray screen. It's probably a 7.8 out of 10. But it's miles ahead of the TCL I had and zero vignetting. It's definitely a keeper just not quite as good.

The PQ is outstanding. Can't wait to run more stuff through it.
Yeah mine had 2-3 updates when i first set it up, no issues there though.

I have to say when the hulu app through roku is in screen saver mode with the Hulu symbol over the grey background, there is noticeable DSE, but as far as any content I have watched it looks amazing.

I thought about comparing it to my plasma side by side, some people on YT might enjoy it. Plasma still has its benefits like view angle and uniformity, but for 1/3 the price of OLED, I am satisfied enough.
post #506 of 770 Old 12-02-2019, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Picked up an M658-G1. Ordered a 2019-Roku Ultra, I currently have Satellite TV (STB), plan to order a Sound Bar Tomorrow (Cyber Monday)
Soundbar ordered.

Connection Questions, Which Configuration is the Best #1 , #2 or something else?

HDMI Connections:

Roku Output to Vizio TV Input #2

STB Output to Vizio TV Input #3

Soundbar ARC Output to Vizio TV ARC Input #1 ARC

Or

STB Output to Soundbar Input

post #507 of 770 Old 12-02-2019, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Any other tips associated with this TV? (I plan to read the thread when I get some free time!!)

Theoretically, your satellite remote should be capable of controlling everything (kind of depends on the remote) using it's learning mode and programming in the Vizio's remote code. I found with my M658 that ARC isn't 100% failproof and sometimes the TV fails to control the soundbar's volume. The backup is:
1) Be sure to get a soundbar that also has a remote code you can program into your satellite remote; or

2) get a soundbar that also has it's own learning mode so it can be controlled by your remote; or
3) hope your satellite remote has an IR learning mode for the soundbar; or
4) get a universal remote that has an IR learning mode for the soundbar.
HuskerHarley likes this.

Where I keep all of my other posts:
Silent PC Review
post #508 of 770 Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all! Bought the M658 Thursday to replace my 2017 E series 4k to get true HDR and Dolby Vision support etc and because the reviews sound like this would be a major upgrade to the E. Plugged my xbox one X into the HDMI port 1 (turned the wide color gamut on, on the port) and turned my xbox on and holy cow was the picture clear and just blew my E series out of the water. Excited I plugged my apple TV 4k into HDMI port 2 turned wide color gamut on and at the suggestion of the Apple TV let it turn on Dolby Vision which appeared to work but seemed to make the picture not very good. Tried watching some live TV on Playstation VUE and it appeared kind of grainy, and seemed like it had artifacts, and when watching football I couldn't really read the names on the back of the jerseys and seemed to get fairly blurry when the ball was going down the field and about to be caught. Turned off Dolby Vision and just put it to 4k HDR and it seemed a touch better but still suffered from those issues above. My E series definitely seemed to have the better picture when using the apple TV and PlayStation VUE. We have noticed since the announcement of VUE shutting down the service hasn't seemed as good in our opinion so wondering if that's part of the problem. Also got to thinking the Apple TV didn't come with an HDMI and I can't remember where the HDMI I'm using on it came from so I ordered a 4k HDMI cable 18GBps data etc etc this morning to see if that would help with the picture on the apple tv(Will post results when it gets here). Also I'm using the Rtings.com picture settings. Anyone have any other thoughts or ideas to improve the picture quality? With PlayStation VUE shutting down we will be switching to youtube tv hoping maybe it's just a VUE stream quality issue. Thanks guys

Edit: I forgot tried watching a couple different 4k movies on Movies Anywhere and it also seemed to have some of the same issues as above.
post #509 of 770 Old 12-02-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Picked up an M658-G1. Ordered a 2019-Roku Ultra, I currently have Satellite TV (STB), plan to order a Sound Bar Tomorrow (Cyber Monday)
Soundbar ordered.

Connection Questions, Which Configuration is the Best #1 , #2 or something else?

HDMI Connections:

STB Output to Vizio TV Input #3

Or

STB Output to Soundbar Input

option 1
HuskerHarley likes this.
post #510 of 770 Old 12-02-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwheels13 View Post
Hello all! Bought the M658 Thursday to replace my 2017 E series 4k to get true HDR and Dolby Vision support etc and because the reviews sound like this would be a major upgrade to the E. Plugged my xbox one X into the HDMI port 1 (turned the wide color gamut on, on the port) and turned my xbox on and holy cow was the picture clear and just blew my E series out of the water. Excited I plugged my apple TV 4k into HDMI port 2 turned wide color gamut on and at the suggestion of the Apple TV let it turn on Dolby Vision which appeared to work but seemed to make the picture not very good. Tried watching some live TV on Playstation VUE and it appeared kind of grainy, and seemed like it had artifacts, and when watching football I couldn't really read the names on the back of the jerseys and seemed to get fairly blurry when the ball was going down the field and about to be caught. Turned off Dolby Vision and just put it to 4k HDR and it seemed a touch better but still suffered from those issues above. My E series definitely seemed to have the better picture when using the apple TV and PlayStation VUE. We have noticed since the announcement of VUE shutting down the service hasn't seemed as good in our opinion so wondering if that's part of the problem. Also got to thinking the Apple TV didn't come with an HDMI and I can't remember where the HDMI I'm using on it came from so I ordered a 4k HDMI cable 18GBps data etc etc this morning to see if that would help with the picture on the apple tv(Will post results when it gets here). Also I'm using the Rtings.com picture settings. Anyone have any other thoughts or ideas to improve the picture quality? With PlayStation VUE shutting down we will be switching to youtube tv hoping maybe it's just a VUE stream quality issue. Thanks guys

Edit: I forgot tried watching a couple different 4k movies on Movies Anywhere and it also seemed to have some of the same issues as above.
Everything I have streamed looks good, I have been using the tv apps or 2016 roku premier plus.

Lmk how streaming on YT looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page