Need a TV with ON and OFF timer - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need a TV with ON and OFF timer

Hi all,

TLR
I'm trying to find a TV in the 40" - 45" ranch that supports an on and off timer.

I found a thread on here from 2009 about this topic but it's been 10 years so I figured I would start a new one. :-)

We are expanding our office and adding more TV's that show sales stats, fun stats, etc. Currently I use raspberry Pi's to show the content and I have had somewhat success in using CEC programming with linux to get the TV's to go on and off. However it's a major pain and not at all reliable. Some TV's will stay on all night.

I see many Samsung smart TV's support this and some LG's, but most of the cheaper Samsung manuals I've checked don't have it. So hopefully someone might know of a brand that generally supports this feature! I'm really looking for one less than $300 please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Nevermind, I found some LG models. The LK and LM models look like the support it. I checked earlier and thought I checked that one but was looking at the wrong manual.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 175
I have not seen all TVs, but most of the ones I have seen have an on/off timer built into their menu so you can set the TV to turn on at a certain time and have it turn off at a certain time without using an external device. I have had this on LG, Sony and Sharp TVs going back over a decade. I suppose this is a feature that they have stopped putting on TVs recently.

Sharp LC-80LE844U | Marantz BD8002 | Marantz AV8003 | Marsh Sound Design A400s (FL/FR) | Marantz MM7055 (C/SL/SR) | Phase Tech PC 9.1 (FL/FR) | Phase Tech PC 3.1 (C/SL/SR) | 3 Phase Tech Octave Power-15 Subs | 1 REL R-528 Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah that's what I thought was so strange, I remember almost all my TV's had this and then at some point they stopped.

You would think that an employee could just turn on the TV near their area in the morning, but apparently that's too much to ask of them! :-)

Anyway, I found a couple, one at Costco 43UK6090PUA and one at BestBuy near us 43LM5700PUA. Looks like all the WebOS LG TV's have this feature.

Thanks anyway!

Last edited by teachsac; 05-23-2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Removed price talk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page