2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 349Likes

post #511 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 12:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2081 Post(s)
Liked: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarthur View Post
Wow you’re right. The content switches automatically. So the way I had it set I was forcing those settings on none DV content? I obviously had not known how these settings worked. Thanks!
Yep it forces Dolby Vision on all content. Your SDR content should look much better now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
1) reseat HDMI cables 2) hard power reset of both the TV and any other item acting up ...boot them at the same time 3) factory reset the Vizio 4) call Vizio support
Have used 3 different HDMI cables. Have moved the cable box and xbox cables to different ports on the receiver. Have switched the receivers hdmi port on the tv from 1 to 2.

Have unplugged the tv, the xbox, the receiver multiple times.

As for vizio support, they are useless and will be off no help. Last time i called they said "oh the new firmware will be sent to your tv in 2-3 business days" and never did. it was just an excuse to get me off the phone cause the guy couldn't fix squat.

Also, like I mentioned. this is the 3rd TV I have and they all have the same issues. FULL UHD COLOR settings, messes everything up but without it, I am not taking advantage of my X1X full features. HDR gaming, dolby vision, etc.
post #513 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Martinez View Post
Have used 3 different HDMI cables. Have moved the cable box and xbox cables to different ports on the receiver. Have switched the receivers hdmi port on the tv from 1 to 2.

Have unplugged the tv, the xbox, the receiver multiple times.

As for vizio support, they are useless and will be off no help. Last time i called they said "oh the new firmware will be sent to your tv in 2-3 business days" and never did. it was just an excuse to get me off the phone cause the guy couldn't fix squat.

Also, like I mentioned. this is the 3rd TV I have and they all have the same issues. FULL UHD COLOR settings, messes everything up but without it, I am not taking advantage of my X1X full features. HDR gaming, dolby vision, etc.
All cables are certified high speed premium 18gbps? CEC is enabled in both the AVR and TV? Have you tried a factory reset? Tried downloading the latest firmware via website?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I was fighting the same thing and spent days adjusting settings. The ultimate fix for me was unchecking Allow 24Hz on the XBox display settings in video modes. Since that change I have experienced no flickers. Now the shield is a whole other story. I mostly have the flickers resolved but had to plug it directly into the TV and use input 4.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
PlanetAVS likes this.
post #515 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
All cables are certified high speed premium 18gbps? CEC is enabled in both the AVR and TV? Have you tried a factory reset? Tried downloading the latest firmware via website?
Cec is enabled on both devices. Hdmi are supposedly up to snuff according to amazons product page.

Definitely tried factory reset multiple times. New firmware for the tv? I tried it once and whenever I inserted the USB drive on the tv port, it would take me to a "Picture Music Video" page on the tv.

The problem seems to stem from the moment I turn on FULL UHD Color on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheno69 View Post
I was fighting the same thing and spent days adjusting settings. The ultimate fix for me was unchecking Allow 24Hz on the XBox display settings in video modes. Since that change I have experienced no flickers. Now the shield is a whole other story. I mostly have the flickers resolved but had to plug it directly into the TV and use input 4.

Are you using an AV receiver? If so, which one? I notice you have the Dolby Vision option. Mine is greyed out. Apparently the Onkyo TX-NR656 doesnt give me that option unless the xbox is connected directly.

Also unchecking that box doesnt solve my issue. I even switch the Bit options and nothing.
post #516 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 12:10 PM

I am running the XBox through a Denon AVR-S10W. I had to run my Shield directly to the TV. Cycling Full UHD on and off on the inputs may have helped as well. I ran across numerous posts from years back detailing the handshake issues with the shield. Nothing recently. It is frustrating but right now seems to be stable with this setup.

post #517 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
New firmware for the tv? I tried it once and whenever I inserted the USB drive on the tv port, it would take me to a "Picture Music Video" page on the tv.
Regarding the firmware, you probably have the USB drive using a format that the TV doesnt accept. Double check the firmware site to see what format is required (exFAT, FAT32 etc.) Other owners might be able to provide insight as well.
post #518 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Regarding the firmware, you probably have the USB drive using a format that the TV doesnt accept. Double check the firmware site to see what format is required (exFAT, FAT32 etc.) Other owners might be able to provide insight as well.

Thats the thing. I had formated it to both of them and nothing. I just went out and both another AV receiver. A new HDMI cable. Even hooked up my spare xbox one S I have in a different room. Screen still flickers on and off when FULL UHD COLOR setting is on.

Called Vizio support, I told her everything ive done before she could even suggest it. Then told me to call microsoft and onkyo to troubleshoot cause "it cant be the TV"
post #519 of 1398 Old 07-27-2019, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Dirty screen effect / jail bars

Best Buy delivered my PX75-G1 today. It's significantly improved in terms of brightness, color reproduction/pop, and contrast as compared to my P75-C1. However, it has "jail bars" that I never really noticed with my P75-C1, but my P75-C1 did have a pretty noticeable yellow stripe down the center. Also, black field uniformity with AFA off is AWFUL, but that's how my P75-C1 was too, and since I'll never use the TV without local dimming on, it's really not a dealbreaker.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the jail bars using the built-in patterns. The first is at 10 IRE and the second is at 20 IRE. The 20 IRE picture is more representative of what I see in person. The bars pretty much fade to unnoticeable at higher IREs, and I'll need to watch the set (vs inspecting it) to see how noticeable this is with real viewing material. I really don't feel like playing the panel lottery, so if this is within the typical range, I'll likely just keep it. Whaddaya think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3539.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2595410   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3537.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	2595412  
post #520 of 1398 Old 07-28-2019, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2838 Post(s)
Liked: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Best Buy delivered my PX75-G1 today. It's significantly improved in terms of brightness, color reproduction/pop, and contrast as compared to my P75-C1. However, it has "jail bars" that I never really noticed with my P75-C1, but my P75-C1 did have a pretty noticeable yellow stripe down the center. Also, black field uniformity with AFA off is AWFUL, but that's how my P75-C1 was too, and since I'll never use the TV without local dimming on, it's really not a dealbreaker.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the jail bars using the built-in patterns. The first is at 10 IRE and the second is at 20 IRE. The 20 IRE picture is more representative of what I see in person. The bars pretty much fade to unnoticeable at higher IREs, and I'll need to watch the set (vs inspecting it) to see how noticeable this is with real viewing material. I really don't feel like playing the panel lottery, so if this is within the typical range, I'll likely just keep it. Whaddaya think?
Not the worst I have seen, but still pretty bad. Replace it.

Black field uniformity will look bad on any Vizio unit with AFA off. It isn't something I would look at as it is pointless.
post #521 of 1398 Old 07-28-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Not the worst I have seen, but still pretty bad. Replace it.

Black field uniformity will look bad on any Vizio unit with AFA off. It isn't something I would look at as it is pointless.
Yep, Vizio is replacing it. They asked to see a picture of "actual content" in addition to the two I posted. That was tough to get since it's easier to see (but still occurs fairly infrequently) with motion, but I guess the picture I provided was good enough since they agreed to a replacement.

My P75-C1's uniformity was way worse than this one in that it was apparent much more frequently, but I was disappointed to say the least when I saw the jail bars and non-uniformity on the PX75-G1. Hopefully the replacement will be an improvement because everything else looks great.

Last edited by Schwa; 07-28-2019 at 09:10 AM.
post #522 of 1398 Old 07-28-2019, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
[QUOTE=pheno69;58347798]I am running the XBox through a Denon AVR-S10W. I had to run my Shield directly to the TV. Cycling Full UHD on and off on the inputs may have helped as well. I ran across numerous posts from years back detailing the handshake issues with the shield. Nothing recently. It is frustrating but right now seems to be stable with this setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I had the same issue with this TV, the Shield and a Denon 3400x. Turning off i/p scaling in the Denon settings solved the intermittent blanking screen issue.
post #523 of 1398 Old 07-28-2019, 02:49 PM

[quote=MartyMC;58351458]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheno69 View Post
I am running the XBox through a Denon AVR-S10W. I had to run my Shield directly to the TV. Cycling Full UHD on and off on the inputs may have helped as well. I ran across numerous posts from years back detailing the handshake issues with the shield. Nothing recently. It is frustrating but right now seems to be stable with this setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I had the same issue with this TV, the Shield and a Denon 3400x. Turning off i/p scaling in the Denon settings solved the intermittent blanking screen issue.
Thanks for the heads up. don't see that option on mine.

post #524 of 1398 Old 07-28-2019, 06:35 PM

[quote=pheno69;58351480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMC View Post

It has to do with the video upscaling and on-screen display. Maybe it is named something else.
post #525 of 1398 Old 07-28-2019, 06:36 PM

[quote=pheno69;58351480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMC View Post

It has to do with the video upscaling and on-screen display. Maybe it is named something else.
post #526 of 1398 Old 07-28-2019, 11:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Can someone confirm that USB method for firmware update doesnt work no matter what??
post #527 of 1398 Old 07-29-2019, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

Does the Visio have built in test patterns? Where are they accessed from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #528 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoses View Post
Does the Visio have built in test patterns? Where are they accessed from?
All the 2019 Vizio have them, I think. Under Picture settings menu go to Color calibration. What you're looking for is the "Flat Test Pattern" or "Uniformity Analyzer" test pattern. it also has an SMPTE pattern and a ramp pattern.
post #529 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
Can someone confirm that USB method for firmware update doesnt work no matter what??
I can confirm it doesnt work no matter what I try.
toonj64 likes this.
post #530 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Update on my previous issue (HDR10 UHD discs and SDR Bluray discs cause display to go black every few seconds, but Dolby Vision UHD discs play without issue).
  1. I swapped my existing cables with Monoprice Cerified Premium HDMI cables. The issues persisted.
  2. I connected my UHD disc player directly to the Vizio (bypassed my receiver entirely). The issues persisted.
  3. I got my hands on a Sony UBP-X700 player to see if the issue was specific to my Panasonic 820 player. The issues persisted with the Sony. Unlike on the Panasonic, turning on Dolby Vision on the Sony forces HDR10 content to become Dolby Vision content, which of course fixed the issue, as the Vizio had no problem with Dolby Vision content on the Panasonic.

Is anyone else able to successfully watch HDR10 UHD discs, in HDR10 mode, on their PX65/PX75?
post #531 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman2084 View Post
Update on my previous issue (HDR10 UHD discs and SDR Bluray discs cause display to go black every few seconds, but Dolby Vision UHD discs play without issue).
  1. I swapped my existing cables with Monoprice Cerified Premium HDMI cables. The issues persisted.
  2. I connected my UHD disc player directly to the Vizio (bypassed my receiver entirely). The issues persisted.
  3. I got my hands on a Sony UBP-X700 player to see if the issue was specific to my Panasonic 820 player. The issues persisted with the Sony. Unlike on the Panasonic, turning on Dolby Vision on the Sony forces HDR10 content to become Dolby Vision content, which of course fixed the issue, as the Vizio had no problem with Dolby Vision content on the Panasonic.

Is anyone else able to successfully watch HDR10 UHD discs, in HDR10 mode, on their PX65/PX75?
I have no issues whatsoever and I really cant wrap my head around the problems you are having.
post #532 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can confirm it doesnt work no matter what I try.
Vizio rep told me that if your serial number is said to be up to 2.1.6.3, then even if you try to update with a USB stick to 2.1.7.1, it wont take it
post #533 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I have no issues whatsoever and I really cant wrap my head around the problems you are having.
Thanks. Guess I'll try to swap this for another unit.
post #534 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 12:22 PM

post #535 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

It currently does not work on my px65...it works fine when casting to my shields. On the px65 I get an error message "the device your casting to isn't supported..."
post #536 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 07:36 PM

Quick update on my xbox and black screen turning on and off problem. I was setting the xbox to 10 bit color depth. Once I selevted 8 bit, it worked perfectly fine. Once I go to netflix or a UHD disc, it automatically selects 10 bit depth.

So looks like im keeping the TV. Which is annoying cause I JUST bought the LG Nanocell 9 series to replace this vizio. So now I have to go through the hassle of returning that LG.
post #537 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Quick update on my xbox and black screen turning on and off problem. I was setting the xbox to 10 bit color depth. Once I selevted 8 bit, it worked perfectly fine. Once I go to netflix or a UHD disc, it automatically selects 10 bit depth.

So looks like im keeping the TV. Which is annoying cause I JUST bought the LG Nanocell 9 series to replace this vizio. So now I have to go through the hassle of returning that LG.
Yah if you had told us that before I would have said to change it to 8bit. I don't understand why that option is there when the Xbox will automatically change based on the content.
toonj64 likes this.
post #538 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Yah if you had told us that before I would have said to change it to 8bit. I don't understand why that option is there when the Xbox will automatically change based on the content.

Honestly I hadnt even realized it. I messed with all the settings except that one. Its incredibly stupid they even allow it to be changes for sure.
post #539 of 1398 Old 07-30-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Vizio rep told me that if your serial number is said to be up to 2.1.6.3, then even if you try to update with a USB stick to 2.1.7.1, it wont take it
Well thats stupid. No store has the TV in stock so i can't even check the serial numbers at the store to see which one would works.
post #540 of 1398 Old 07-31-2019, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Woooow this TV is complete absolute garbage. I have had 3 this month alone. It flickers the screen on and off. I have it hooked up to my AV receiver. My cable box doesnt produce audio. When I finally do get it to work. If Full UHD Color is enabled, and I want to watch a 4k movie via my xbox, it flickers between whatever picture mode its on and its HDR10 counterpart. Nonstop, so I dont get an image on display.

If I turn off that particular feature then it goes back to normal, but it doesnt allow me to use HDR gaming. Its so god damn frusterating. My P65-C1 worked perfectly. I gave that Tv to my parents and I cant take it back. Woow, this is absolutel garbage. I want to kill myself from frustration. Why doesn't this POS just ****ing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just an fyi for those who might have missed it...
toonj64 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page