2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 437Likes

post #1051 of 1948 Old 09-20-2019, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 108
wow..saw the price drop again on Costco on-line and everywhere else... Fire sale???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1948 Old 09-21-2019, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Viewing Sports

I'm currently looking at the 75" Vizio Quantum X. We would be going from our current 9-year old 64" Samsung Plasma. Our Samsung still looks good, but I would like to upgrade our viewing experience by moving up to the 75" screen of the Vizio. My main focus has been on this TV, since I'm comfortable with the price range of the Vizio (and the idea that I can get it at COSTCO with the additional warranty using Costco Citi Visa. It appears I would need to jump up to the Samsung Q80, or an even greater jump to the LG C9 OLED (would have to settle for the 65" since the 77" is out of my price range.) in order to improve on the Quantum X.

I understand that the viewing angles are poor on the Quantum X, but our seating arrangement is pretty much directly in front of the tv to less than 40 degrees off center at between 8' - 15' from the screen. We have windows directly opposite of the tv, so the reflection off the screen is a concern during the day, but I understand that this Vizio handles reflection issues well.

This would be our main TV that would be used for a mixture of viewing experiences, but we primarily watch a lot of sports. I've read a lot of reviews and have seen the RTINGS ratings/review, but for those of you that use this tv for watching sports-how does it look?

College/pro football and baseball games look really good on our 9-year old 64" plasma, so I'd hate to buy the Quantum X and be disappointed if the viewing experience of these games were less than our current tv. We've seen the Vizio Quantum X on display at Costco/Best Buy running the 4k loop and it looks great to us, but how does it look when watching games in 720p/1080i/1080p? We currently use our antenna to receive many games as well as streaming on Playstation Vue through an AMAZON 4k firestick. Anyone have any input regrading viewing content from these sources on the Quantum X?

Thanks!
post #1053 of 1948 Old 09-21-2019, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
wow..saw the price drop again on Costco on-line and everywhere else... Fire sale???
Thanks for the info. Just got mine at the start of the month so I'll be getting some money back from Costco. Thanks again!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1054 of 1948 Old 09-22-2019, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Anyone seeing an issue where UHD color (ie HDR) is not working only on one input (hdmi 4)? On my set when I set hdmi4 to UHD color it gets no signal from a chromecast ultra or xb1x. If I disable hdr/ UHD color on the input menu, I get signal. If I plug the chromecast into hdmi input 1, 2 or 3 I get hdr no problem. Reset of TV does not fix.

Any ideas..... Maybe another replacement in my future (too bad since jail bars and uniformity are much improved from last set).

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
post #1055 of 1948 Old 09-22-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 358
hometheaterhifi.com has just reviewed the Vizio P-Series Quantum and it received a stellar review.

The reviewer stated that in his experience it was the best TV he had ever tested and, literally, could not find any performance parameter lacking or that he wished could be improved upon, including contrast measurement (FALD engaged on "medium") that compares very favorably to OLED screens.

Such statements are a rarity, indeed.

BTW, no mention of DSE, bandings or blooming noticeable on the screen.

Sony XBR-940E, Integra DHC-80.2, Oppo 103, Sound Lab A-1 electrostatic speakers,SVS PC12-NSD subs, InnerSound Electrostatic Amp,, Hafler 220 amp, Harman Kardon PA5800 amp, Pioneer LD-W1, Darbee Darblet, DVDO iScan Mini, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha CR-7, Koss ESP/950, Stax SR-40, Audeze Isine 10, etc, etc.
post #1056 of 1948 Old 09-22-2019, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello all I just got a PX75 from costco, it has some jailbars but its not too bad what is different with this screen is, I noticed a greenish cloud that mostly exists in the bottom 3rd, its very easy to see from the side when its showing black, but also on a white background you can see it. It actually subtly changes the color of backgrounds behind it, in that if I was looking at a scene that is all sand, you can see a greenish tint to the sand where the cloud is. Under most normal viewing conditions its not noticeable? Is there a name for this? does it go away over time, or is this yet another aspect to panel lottery? I unfortunately went through 5 P75-F1 (4 for various broken HDMI problems/ports not working/Arc) the last one was a refurb and absolutely the worst set, the jailbars could be seen in any kind of solid color, gaming on the tv was so annoying with the bad DSE. I don't know why i keep trying vizio, I think because when it works the picture is so good. I'm so fatigued trying to get a good TV, don't know if its time to just give up and get a sony. Its definitely subtle but i noticed it as odd right away, I really want to love vizio because the features for the price is great, i don't think its unreasonable to want something without flaws for a $3k price tag.

Any thoughts?

The plastic pull handles of the TV in the box looked stretched (ie. not new) but all the accessories were sealed, I wonder if this was already a re-packaged return.

Last edited by puppydg68; 09-22-2019 at 05:04 PM.
post #1057 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVries View Post
i was wrong. the screen blackouts returned last night, even on HDMI 2. it also happened not only while on the shield input, but also on my tv/pvr feed. tried a bunch of things and finally after doing a hard restart on the Denon by unplugging power cable for 30 seconds did the dropouts stop.
Update on my screen blackouts. To recap:

- PX75-G1
- Denon AVR-X3600H
- Input Device: Nvidia Shield
- Input Device: 4K IPTV PVR
- Using primecables.ca HDMI cables. Not "premium certified."
- Both Shield and PVR input to Denon, then Denon to Vizio.
- Image would blackout constantly when playing any 4K stream (from Shield or PVR).
- When Shield was plugged directly into Vizio, no issues.

Up until a few days ago I was power cycling everything and swapping between HDMI-1 and HDMI-2 on the Vizio with limited success--sometimes I'd get a stable image, most times not. Well, I finally tried HDMI-3 and image has been stable on 4K content for three days now!!! Leads me to believe there's a HW issue on HDMI-1 and HDMI-2 ports. Debating whether or not to return the set.
post #1058 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2840 Post(s)
Liked: 1658
Quote:
Update on my screen blackouts. To recap:

- PX75-G1

- Denon AVR-X3600H

- Input Device: Nvidia Shield

- Input Device: 4K IPTV PVR

- Using primecables.ca HDMI cables. Not "premium certified."

- Both Shield and PVR input to Denon, then Denon to Vizio.

- Image would blackout constantly when playing any 4K stream (from Shield or PVR).

- When Shield was plugged directly into Vizio, no issues.

Up until a few days ago I was power cycling everything and swapping between HDMI-1 and HDMI-2 on the Vizio with limited success--sometimes I'd get a stable image, most times not. Well, I finally tried HDMI-3 and image has been stable on 4K content for three days now!!! Leads me to believe there's a HW issue on HDMI-1 and HDMI-2 ports. Debating whether or not to return the set.
Is there a reason you choose not to use premium certified cables? The vast majority of connection issues have been resolved with proper cables. Just because you seem to have no issues with 1 input doesn't automatically mean the other inputs are bad. You really should test the other inputs with the proper cables before making this judgement.

Also be aware that certain Denon receivers do not play well with certain TVs. If bypassing the receiver fixes the issue, then the odds of the TV inputs being the issue is a slim chance.

Last edited by skschatzman; 09-23-2019 at 03:14 PM.
post #1059 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Is there a reason you choose not to use premium certified cables? The vast majority of connection issues have been resolved with proper cables. Just because you seem to have no issues with 1 input doesn't automatically mean the other inputs are bad. You really should test the other inputs with the proper cables before making this judgement.
I bought the cables last year expecting to get a 4K TV sooner, but for a various reasons just getting it now. Another user with the blackout issue indicated he is using premium certified cables, so didn't see the point of trying it myself.
post #1060 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I bought the cables last year expecting to get a 4K TV sooner, but for a various reasons just getting it now. Another user with the blackout issue indicated he is using premium certified cables, so didn't see the point of trying it myself.
You only quoted half of my post. Be aware that this issue seems to be only effecting people with Denon receivers. I have yet to see anyone post these issues with any other brand. This is why certain Denon brand receivers are likely causing the issues.
post #1061 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
You only quoted half of my post. Be aware that this issue seems to be only effecting people with Denon receivers. I have yet to see anyone post these issues with any other brand.
you must have gone in to edit your post while i was responding, the latter half wasn't there initially. agree with you, though--haven't seen non-Denon user complain.
post #1062 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
You only quoted half of my post. Be aware that this issue seems to be only effecting people with Denon receivers. I have yet to see anyone post these issues with any other brand. This is why certain Denon brand receivers are likely causing the issues.
While Denon AVR's are in some problem configurations, as I posted earlier I did get a call from Tier3 Vizio TS last week and there are some device compatibility issues with PX series which are being worked on. ETA, -when they find then fix the issue or issues and do in-house testing, =(firmware update). Unknown ETA, hopefully soon.

Temp solution is to turn off Full UHD Color under settings on the PX for now. True, no HDR but interment black screens will stop.

Affected Devices for me,
1. Tivo Bolt+
2. OPPO UHD-203

Rew

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #1063 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Mine comes tomorrow. A PX75. So is there anyone on this board that's happy with their PX75? I'm a little weary after reading here, but hoping for the best
post #1064 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stinson View Post
Mine comes tomorrow. A PX75. So is there anyone on this board that's happy with their PX75? I'm a little weary after reading here, but hoping for the best
I am!

I have been very impressed with my PX75. Picture is bright and colors are very rich -almost 3d in depth. Black's are Black, Whites are bright White.

I did get a very good panel with little to no DSE and no banding. These things tend to vary unit to unit and are not limited to one manufacture.

I have had the P75-C1 since it was introduced and it still get updates from Vizio and work very well.

Also, the PX75 has only been out in the wild for a couple of months and there are bound to be issues that will get corrected over time.

Rew

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER

Last edited by Rew452; 09-23-2019 at 05:07 PM.
post #1065 of 1948 Old 09-23-2019, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Very Happy with Mine!
post #1066 of 1948 Old 09-24-2019, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
Very Happy with Mine!
Quote:

I am also very happy with mine. To be honest, I never just run a bunch of test like pattern test, etc. to identify issues. I just watch the TV like it is meant to be and if I don't see any issues, it's a win for me and so far I have been happy with my P65-E1 and PX75-G1.
post #1067 of 1948 Old 09-24-2019, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Alright guys I really need some strong advice here. I’ve been a fan of Vizio for a long time. They’ve always been great TVs for me. A couple of years ago I decided to go with a Sony X900E though use they had a good sale. It’s been a great tv but it’s only 55” and I’m ready for a 65” with Dolby Vision.

Now that being said, I am in LOVE with the specs of the 65” Vizio Quantum X and I REALLY, REALLY want to get this tv. However, a lot of comments here have deterred me and I actually picked up a 65” Hisense H9F from Best Buy. It’s quite an amazing tv for the price. However, for whatever reason, when I watch Netflix (75% of my viewing content) I see a lot of noise. Especially in low light scenes. I don’t know if it’s just the one I got but I’m thinking it’s actually the processing chip that’s inside that’s the culprit. I imagine it’s not the greatest chip in order to keep the price down. I do LOVE the absolutely amazing colors and, most importantly to me, the black levels.

I am incredibly sensitive to black levels, clouding, and blooming and in these regards the H9F passes with flying colors but the amount of noise is too distracting and I’m not comfortable with it. So, I’m trying to decide between the 2019 TCL 6-Series or the Vizio Quantum X. My worry about the TCL is that it’s only a 60hz panel and that it may again likely have a cheap processing chip. However, I know that the Vizio Quantum X boasts a Octo-Core chipset which I imagine helps immensely with image processing.

Does anyone have problems with the image quality of their sets? Specifically screen tearing or anything? Also, just how har the black levels while watching ACTUAL content? Not test patterns, not looking at logos, but actual dark scenes? I’m talking Stranger Things, Star Wars Space Scenes, etc.? Any clouding issues? Because if not, I’d rather pay the extra money and go with the Vizio brand that I typically love.
post #1068 of 1948 Old 09-24-2019, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxiCRabbit View Post
I am also very happy with mine. To be honest, I never just run a bunch of test like pattern test, etc. to identify issues. I just watch the TV like it is meant to be and if I don't see any issues, it's a win for me and so far I have been happy with my P65-E1 and PX75-G1.
Amen!

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1069 of 1948 Old 09-24-2019, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxiCRabbit View Post
@rc-zombies @Adam Stinson @jconjason @Anago
Buying a TV should be a fun and exciting experience, but intentionally living in an oblivious honeymoon period is irrational.

It's like dating a hot woman (or man if that's your thing) and completely ignoring any flaws. Sooner or later there will be a huge disappointment and you can only blame yourself.

I highly recommend everyone should intimately know all of the strengths and weaknesses of the TV you purchase. Especially on high priced TVs.

Last edited by skschatzman; 09-24-2019 at 02:52 PM.
post #1070 of 1948 Old 09-24-2019, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
@rc-zombies @Adam Stinson @jconjason @Anago
Buying a TV should be a fun and exciting experience, but intentionally living in an oblivious honeymoon period is irrational.

It's like dating a hot woman (or man if that's your thing) and completely ignoring any flaws. Sooner or later there will be a huge disappointment and you can only blame yourself.

I highly recommend everyone should intimately know all of the strengths and weaknesses of the TV you purchase. Especially on high priced TVs.
Another Perspective...

I am very happy with mine as well! I replaced my original P75-C1 with the new P-Series Quantum X 75". I've owned many Sony's and one truly amazing Panasonic (ZT65) in years past where I was spending gobs more money than I have on either of my Vizio displays. The fact is, none of those prior displays come close to touching the capability of my PQX75. Yes, there are some very very minor issues with banding and jail bars but it's really something that I think is very minimal and can be dismissed unless it's a severe case. I have noted that there is banding present in some content while not in others most notably when playing PS4 Pro games. Sekiro Shadows Dies Twice has some obvious color banding when panning the camera to the sky and intentionally looking for it but nothing that bothers me too much when actually playing and enjoying the game. God of War looks fantastic and so does Destiny 2, and in fact I can't see really any color banding or jail bars when panning the camera in game or even looking toward the sky. The image detail, color depth, HDR, and motion handling is really quite amazing. This tells me that some of these issues people have may have more to do with content quality and how that content was originally mastered rather than a defect of the display (in some cases).

Vizio has always been very willing to listen to their customers and they've corrected issues in the past via firmware updates. They will replace a display for you in most cases if you happen to get a bad one. On that topic, I work in the professional AV integration field and I can't even begin to tell you how many displays arrive at our warehouse from reputable manufactures (Planar, Christie, Samsung, LG, Sharp, Dynascan, Seura) that are DOA - some are worse than others. These are complicated and sensitive devices. If you get a truly bad one, play the lottery and replace it.

From my own research and wallet sensitivity - I don't think you can find a better deal out there in the display market than what you get with the PQX65/75 variants. At this level of image quality, you're splitting hairs between the flagship models from the major manufactures each with minor strengths and weaknesses. Enjoy your TV's and the content you watch!

BTW - My Yamaha CX-A5100 pre-amp processor feeds my PQX75 via a Wyrestorm Hybrid high speed HDMI cable and it works beautifully. https://wyrestorm.com/products/cables/hoac-series-fiber - For those of you with longer HDMI cables needs, this may be something to consider.
post #1071 of 1948 Old 09-24-2019, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehogan View Post
I'm currently looking at the 75" Vizio Quantum X. We would be going from our current 9-year old 64" Samsung Plasma. Our Samsung still looks good, but I would like to upgrade our viewing experience by moving up to the 75" screen of the Vizio. My main focus has been on this TV, since I'm comfortable with the price range of the Vizio (and the idea that I can get it at COSTCO with the additional warranty using Costco Citi Visa. It appears I would need to jump up to the Samsung Q80, or an even greater jump to the LG C9 OLED (would have to settle for the 65" since the 77" is out of my price range.) in order to improve on the Quantum X.

I understand that the viewing angles are poor on the Quantum X, but our seating arrangement is pretty much directly in front of the tv to less than 40 degrees off center at between 8' - 15' from the screen. We have windows directly opposite of the tv, so the reflection off the screen is a concern during the day, but I understand that this Vizio handles reflection issues well.

This would be our main TV that would be used for a mixture of viewing experiences, but we primarily watch a lot of sports. I've read a lot of reviews and have seen the RTINGS ratings/review, but for those of you that use this tv for watching sports-how does it look?

College/pro football and baseball games look really good on our 9-year old 64" plasma, so I'd hate to buy the Quantum X and be disappointed if the viewing experience of these games were less than our current tv. We've seen the Vizio Quantum X on display at Costco/Best Buy running the 4k loop and it looks great to us, but how does it look when watching games in 720p/1080i/1080p? We currently use our antenna to receive many games as well as streaming on Playstation Vue through an AMAZON 4k firestick. Anyone have any input regrading viewing content from these sources on the Quantum X?

Thanks!

I was also coming from a plasma, 51' samsung panel and sports looked great on it. A couple years ago I got a 55' TCL p605, and sports looked better on the plasma imo.

Personally, I think sports look better on this Vizio then the plasma, I have the 65' px. My first panel was not good, especially for sdr and sports. I had pretty bad jail bars/DSE. Everything looks better with this second panel, though at times I can notice some jail bars...they are much much fainter then the first panel, but when I notice them its usually during baseball and football when the camera pans horizontally across the grass. Never notice them on a vertical pan, or if its a zoomed in shot. I have considered returning this second set to try for the perfect panel, but I don't think I will.

Even though there are faint some jail bars, they are not very noticeable, even during sports. I will mention the off angle is not very good, the jail bars get worse off angle. But, like you my seats are mainly straight on. The TV is in a bright room and is good with reflections, better then the other TV's I've owned.

Hope that helps a bit.
post #1072 of 1948 Old 09-25-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toleedo View Post
I was also coming from a plasma, 51' samsung panel and sports looked great on it. A couple years ago I got a 55' TCL p605, and sports looked better on the plasma imo.

Personally, I think sports look better on this Vizio then the plasma, I have the 65' px. My first panel was not good, especially for sdr and sports. I had pretty bad jail bars/DSE. Everything looks better with this second panel, though at times I can notice some jail bars...they are much much fainter then the first panel, but when I notice them its usually during baseball and football when the camera pans horizontally across the grass. Never notice them on a vertical pan, or if its a zoomed in shot. I have considered returning this second set to try for the perfect panel, but I don't think I will.

Even though there are faint some jail bars, they are not very noticeable, even during sports. I will mention the off angle is not very good, the jail bars get worse off angle. But, like you my seats are mainly straight on. The TV is in a bright room and is good with reflections, better then the other TV's I've owned.

Hope that helps a bit.
Thank you Toleedo for taking the time to reply. Your response is of great help to me. Still tying to determine if I should step up the budget to the Samsung Q80. Just not sure the viewing experience upgrade will match the increased price.
post #1073 of 1948 Old 09-25-2019, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you Toleedo for taking the time to reply. Your response is of great help to me. Still tying to determine if I should step up the budget to the Samsung Q80. Just not sure the viewing experience upgrade will match the increased price.
The Vizio would be "better" than the Q80. The Q90 would be more of a jump up over the Vizio.

I will say, coming from several Panasonic VT series Plasmas myself, the motion on Plasmas cannot be beat unless it's an OLED. Just keep that in mind. Every other aspect will be an improvement over plasma.
truefan31 likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1074 of 1948 Old 09-25-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
the motion on Plasmas cannot be beat unless it's an OLED. Just keep that in mind.
CRT beats plasma for motion
post #1075 of 1948 Old 09-25-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
The Vizio would be "better" than the Q80. The Q90 would be more of a jump up over the Vizio.

I will say, coming from several Panasonic VT series Plasmas myself, the motion on Plasmas cannot be beat unless it's an OLED. Just keep that in mind. Every other aspect will be an improvement over plasma.
Well jconjason, the Q90 will definitely be beyond the wife's "comfort" zone. I was looking at RTINGS and saw the slightly better ratings for "Sports" and "720p" picture (streaming sports on ESPN and other sources), and assumed the Q80 would provide a slightly better viewing experience in these areas than the Vizio.

Also, thanks for your input regarding the motion comparison of the plasma. I will certainly keep that in mind.
post #1076 of 1948 Old 09-25-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well jconjason, the Q90 will definitely be beyond the wife's "comfort" zone. I was looking at RTINGS and saw the slightly better ratings for "Sports" and "720p" picture (streaming sports on ESPN and other sources), and assumed the Q80 would provide a slightly better viewing experience in these areas than the Vizio.

Also, thanks for your input regarding the motion comparison of the plasma. I will certainly keep that in mind.
Totally understand. We all have our own budgets. I'm sure whatever you choose you will be more than happy with your decision!

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1077 of 1948 Old 09-25-2019, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I previously owned this set but the poor scaling of non-1080p sources and motion just proved to be too much over time. Too much blooming, crush, and OS were problems as well. I just changed to the new TCL QLED 6-Series R625 and it's a far superior product.

Best,
Mike
post #1078 of 1948 Old 09-26-2019, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Any tips or tricks to get my Vizio remote working with my Onkyo receiver? It is an older receiver and does not have HDMIARC so I’m hooked up via optical. Analogue audio out is set to “fixed”. Perhaps this setting does not engage with optical but rather only via HDMIARC? Or maybe a soft power cycle? Have not tried that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1079 of 1948 Old 09-26-2019, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Just received my third PX75 G1. The vertical banding are noticeable in moving sky and snow/ice scenes.

Am I too picky?

Should I go for the fourth or is this the best I can get?

What is your opinion?

Thanks in advanced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190926_130921.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	747.6 KB
ID:	2620352   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190926_130545.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	863.8 KB
ID:	2620354  
post #1080 of 1948 Old 09-26-2019, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
Just received my third PX75 G1. The vertical banding are noticeable in moving sky and snow/ice scenes.

Am I too picky?

Should I go for the fourth or is this the best I can get?

What is your opinion?

Thanks in advanced.
Yup I can see it. I've seen worse and I've seen better. Honestly bud, finding a better panel may not be worth the trouble. Odds are not in your favor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page