2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 442Likes

post #1201 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiller4128 View Post
So can anyone recommend this tv over the Sony X900F? Hisense H9F? Or TCL R625? These 4 are my options I’m looking at right now.

I’ve always loved Vizio, my Wife and I have gone through several until my last 2 TVs when I went with a Samsung and then a Sony X900E. They were ok but I never felt the same about them as I did with my Vizio’s. I just replaced my bedroom tv with the new 43” Vizio M Series with Quantum Dot. I LOVE that tv. I currently replaced my 55” Sony X900E with a 65” Hisense H9F. Now, it’s not terrible. But it wasn’t my first choice. I wanted a LED tv with excellent black levels, QLED or Quantum Dot, and got bright when needed, as well as being excellent for gaming and can handle motion well. My first choice was the 65” Vizio Quantum X. It sounds like my dream tv. But after coming here and hearing about the blooming issues, I got scared off of it. But now that I’m reading professional reviews, NO ONE complains of blooming which I find odd...

So in actual movie watching and gaming, are there serious problems with this tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too read this thread and am a little scared but I went ahead and bought the TV. I don't get it till sometime next week. I too have read that the X900F is a better solution over this Quantum X. We can read and read until we are blue in the face, but I feel that the only way is to buy both and set them up side by side, at least this way, you can control your environment.

I bought the 75".

Last edited by cazzo1980; 10-18-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzo1980 View Post
I too read this thread and am a little scared but I went ahead and bought the TV. I don't get it till sometime next week. I too have read that the X900F is a better solution over this Quantum X. We can read and read until we are blue in the face, but I feel that the only way is to buy both and set them up side by side, at least this way, you can control your environment.

I bought the 75".

Very true. I just feel like if there truly as many rampant problems as some people here say there are, that the professional reviews would say something about it. But not one has mentioned it yet. I’m assuming people aren’t dialing their settings in as best as they could maybe?

In either case, I’m very excited to hear what your thoughts are on it once you have it set up. Please let me know when you can!

MCaugusto likes this.
post #1203 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Very true. I just feel like if there truly as many rampant problems as some people here say there are, that the professional reviews would say something about it. But not one has mentioned it yet. I’m assuming people aren’t dialing their settings in as best as they could maybe?

In either case, I’m very excited to hear what your thoughts are on it once you have it set up. Please let me know when you can!

There will never be a "perfect" TV and we spend so much time finding the faults that we do not even enjoy the fruits of our labour. I am not an expert in this matter, but perhaps the pro reviews are focusing on other aspects of the sets. As mentioned, the best person to critique anything is yourself, hence why I went ahead a bought the TV.

I am excited as well and yes I will def post my findings and hopefully people like you can make a better decision and the good part is that I will know if I have a decent set or not.
Frostyboy115 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1204 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 370
I received my 4th PX75 G1 replacement yesterday. Screen uniformity is really good. However, HDR image is still too dark using Cal settings although specular highlights are really good but real scene brightness is very dim. I have to increase back light and decrease gamma to 1.8 in order to get a satisfactory "POP". HDR on my Samsung 75NU8000 is overall more vibrant although specular highlights are not as bright. I guess I have to pick my poison....... Also, when I try to watch DTV 4K HLG the pic going in and out. Options are to turn the UHD color off or connect the DTV receiver directly to the TV which I did. The last issue is the TV will not "see" my external hard drive via USB input. It works fine on all other devices I have including my Samsung TV. I tried 2 other drives; one worked, the other worked intermittently. Not sure I can go for the 5th.....I am considering the Samsung 75Q70 as a replacement.
post #1205 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I am presuming you have Vizio's latest firmware v3.0.8.2-1 released 9/15.

They are having device comparability problems acknowledged by Tier 3 support when enabling Full UHD Color setting on the PX75. The picture will go Black intermittently.
So far I have Tivo Bolt+ DVR, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Disc Player and Nvidia Shield ATV that have the problem.
Reading here on this forum it seems to also include DirectTV DVR and Xbox.

Would suggest calling Vizio and file a report with devices you are have HDR issues with when Full UHD Color is turned on.

Not sure why it's taking so long to fix this problem with new firmware. It really is a critical problem which in the past, at least with the P75-C1 was solved and fixed rather quickly.

Certainly sooner then almost 2 months.
Brandon B and meduzadg like this.

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #1206 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew452 View Post

They are having device comparability problems acknowledged by Tier 3 support when enabling Full UHD Color setting on the PX75. The picture will go Black intermittently.
So far I have Tivo Bolt+ DVR, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Disc Player and Nvidia Shield ATV that have the problem.

Would suggest calling Vizio and file a report with devices you are have HDR issues with when Full UHD Color is turned on.

Not sure why it's taking so long to fix this problem with new firmware. It really is a critical problem which in the past, at least with the P75-C1 was solved and fixed rather quickly.

I actually bought two new premium certified HDMI cables trying to remedy this problem with my Xbox one X. The screen no longer blacks out, but the audio cuts out for a second all the time. What's really infuriating is that seems to only happen in games. If I watch video it's fine.

It's also really annoying that Netflix DV is basically broken on Xbox right now (blacks are grey). They need to fix this stuff.
post #1207 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
I received my 4th PX75 G1 replacement yesterday. Screen uniformity is really good. However, HDR image is still too dark using Cal settings although specular highlights are really good but real scene brightness is very dim. I have to increase back light and decrease gamma to 1.8 in order to get a satisfactory "POP". HDR on my Samsung 75NU8000 is overall more vibrant although specular highlights are not as bright. I guess I have to pick my poison....... Also, when I try to watch DTV 4K HLG the pic going in and out. Options are to turn the UHD color off or connect the DTV receiver directly to the TV which I did. The last issue is the TV will not "see" my external hard drive via USB input. It works fine on all other devices I have including my Samsung TV. I tried 2 other drives; one worked, the other worked intermittently. Not sure I can go for the 5th.....I am considering the Samsung 75Q70 as a replacement.
Posts like this make me wonder if I should be expecting more out of HDR on my PX75 G1. It looks fine to me. Should it be brighter? How would I know?
post #1208 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just spoke with Vizio (1 hour long....)They blame my Yamaha receiver for this issue as when I plugged DTV directly to the TV it worked fine. Still have the USB issue so they are sending me another tv..... I told them that they should hire me to handle their QC department (apparently they don't have one). I will think about this 5th replacement this weekend as I am not sure that I want to go thru this AGAIN.
post #1209 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just spoke with Vizio (1 hour long....)They blame my Yamaha receiver for this issue as when I plugged DTV directly to the TV it worked fine. Still have the USB issue so they are sending me another tv..... I told them that they should hire me to handle their QC department (apparently they don't have one). I will think about this 5th replacement this weekend as I am not sure that I want to go thru this AGAIN.
What's the model of your Yamaha?

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4500H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #1210 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What's the model of your Yamaha?
RX-V683. I have the Xbox 1S and Roku Ultra connected to it without any issue. Somehow it cannot handle DTV 4K HLG. It is strange as the TV Vizio picked up yesterday did not exhibit this issue and the one before it did....
post #1211 of 1979 Old 10-18-2019, 09:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looking at the Yamaha's spec it should work just fine with the PX75 so don't think it's the problem.

The problem seems more related to the problem I am talking about, device comparability with the PX75.

As best as I can explain it is the PX75 talks to your DTV box to determine what video it is wanting to send and if the PX75 can display it and of course all of the HDCP nonsense to protect copying it. But what seems to happening is somehow the PX75 is have issues understanding the correct settings such as color space and bit depth, 8bit, 10bit and 12bit it doesn't lock on to the correct set of information so it keep changing, searching for what's right. This action causes the intermittent Black Screens.

Something is wrong in the PX75-G1's interpretation, basically a program error which Visio has to nail down and fix. I suspect it may actually affect all G1's since they use the same firmware. This kind of problem can create different issues depending on the devices connected.

I have tried using an HDFury Vertex2 but even it could not solve the problem. The closest I came to seeing it work correctly is when I borrowed a Jailbroke UDP-203, which only sends the correct info from the disc to the PX75 and ignore's everything else. The PX75 played all formats beautifully. Correct Color Space and bit level as the source. The PX looked amazing.
This was with the Full UHD Color setting Off. This setting must be more of a switch telling the PX to setup UHD comm protocol.

I'm sure this explanation is lacking but overall seems in essence right.

Rew
post #1212 of 1979 Old 10-19-2019, 02:35 AM
Advanced Member

I had multiple video blackouts and audio dropouts while using my Roku Ultra via my Yamaha reciever. There is definitely compatibility issue between the vizio and third party components. Not that they admit it... I have no choice but to connect everything directly to the tv bypassing my reciever which is a shame as now I will not be able to get Dolby atmos. Still am not sure why the tv I had previously (yesterday) did not have this issue.

Edit - Also had numerous audio dropouts while watching direct tv connected directly to my vizio. Probably arc issue. Not good.

Last edited by meduzadg; 10-19-2019 at 10:07 AM.
post #1213 of 1979 Old 10-19-2019, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have no issues with hdr 10 with any device hooked up to my PX75. However.... Dolby vision hdr is a different story. I only get proper DV when using smart cast built in Netflix and prime apps. When using roku, Xbox, or chromecast DV is washed out. I assume this is a Vizio software issue that I hope they fix soon. I have had this issue on every px75i have had after replacing 4 tvs for screen issues.

That said, hdr using the built in apps is unbelievable. El Camino in Dolby vision on Netflix is an hdr masterpiece and in stock calibrated picture mode looks amazing. I don't see any evidence of anything I would call too dark like others have posted. It's almost too bright (ie blinding).

I'll also say that some of the earlier pictures showing cloudy or hazy backlighting around white text looked like they were taken at some sharp off angles. This TV sucks off angle, but straight on I get almost no cloudiness. Off angle at the angles shown I get similar to the posted pics.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
post #1214 of 1979 Old 10-19-2019, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
After seeing the DIM HDR conversation it pretty much confirmed what I was seeing. I still own a 65" C8 OLED in the loft and the 75" Quantum X replaced a 65" X930E from Sony. On both the Sony and the LG, the HDR was way brighter even though it was less than the advertised "2700 nits". I tried many movies in both 1080p Non-HDR and the 4k HDR versions. In every movie, such as Doctor Strange, the 1080p Non-HDR version looked better and the brightness was overall better, like the scene at the beginning when he's driving his Lambo down the mountain. The headlights, taillights, and car gauges pop where as the HDR version, with max backlight doesn't pop at all and looks flat. I am officially giving up on this TV. My 90 return policy ends in about 2 weeks so it's going back this week. Good luck to the rest of you.
post #1215 of 1979 Old 10-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thang View Post
After seeing the DIM HDR conversation it pretty much confirmed what I was seeing. I still own a 65" C8 OLED in the loft and the 75" Quantum X replaced a 65" X930E from Sony. On both the Sony and the LG, the HDR was way brighter even though it was less than the advertised "2700 nits". I tried many movies in both 1080p Non-HDR and the 4k HDR versions. In every movie, such as Doctor Strange, the 1080p Non-HDR version looked better and the brightness was overall better, like the scene at the beginning when he's driving his Lambo down the mountain. The headlights, taillights, and car gauges pop where as the HDR version, with max backlight doesn't pop at all and looks flat. I am officially giving up on this TV. My 90 return policy ends in about 2 weeks so it's going back this week. Good luck to the rest of you.
Right with you!!! Doctor Strange 1080 looked amazing. The 4K HDR version as dull, dim and unimpressive. In order to give it some pop I had to increase back light to 100 and decrease gamma to 1.8 and that was not enough to reach the vibrancy of its SDR cousin. On the other hand, a poster earlier just mentioned that he saw El Camino on Netflix and it was almost too bright in factory cal mode and he is right. HDR looked so good even on my TV but all other shows on Netflix including Our Planet look dim and uneventful in Cal setting on my TV.
post #1216 of 1979 Old 10-19-2019, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Right with you!!! Doctor Strange 1080 looked amazing. The 4K HDR version as dull, dim and unimpressive. In order to give it some pop I had to increase back light to 100 and decrease gamma to 1.8 and that was not enough to reach the vibrancy of its SDR cousin. On the other hand, a poster earlier just mentioned that he saw El Camino on Netflix and it was almost too bright in factory cal mode and he is right. HDR looked so good even on my TV but all other shows on Netflix including Our Planet look dim and uneventful in Cal setting on my TV.
Note Our Planet on Netflix in DV via the internal app looks fantastic on my set. Equivalent to El Camino.

Also HDR Xbox titles like Forza Horizon also look very good on my set. The only dim hdr content I have noticed was via ripped mkvs, and I attribute that to ripping process.

I also had the chance to watch our planet on a Samsung 8 series led. No comparison to my set I terms of hdr pop and highlight brightness. I don't know.... Maybe there is a hdr lottery as well as a panel lottery

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
post #1217 of 1979 Old 10-20-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Can anyone please comment on this set in regards to it having any banding issues? I want to really get this set but RTings comments and score on its gradient handling has me worried. Does anyone notice any big problems with banding?

post #1218 of 1979 Old 10-20-2019, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've been following this thread since my massive headache with this TV. Back then, it was compatibility issues. Now, it's banding.

Vertical banding is a real problem. I am getting a replacement on Tuesday, will report back, but not hopeful. WIll likely be returning both TVs and going with an X900F.
post #1219 of 1979 Old 10-20-2019, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
I've been following this thread since my massive headache with this TV. Back then, it was compatibility issues. Now, it's banding.

Vertical banding is a real problem. I am getting a replacement on Tuesday, will report back, but not hopeful. WIll likely be returning both TVs and going with an X900F.
Note that most of the vertical banding will go away after you switch enhance viewing angle to on.
post #1220 of 1979 Old 10-20-2019, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Note that most of the vertical banding will go away after you switch enhance viewing angle to on.
What is the sacrifice in having this feature on? Do you lose highlight brightness or anything? Also as an aside has anyone else found the Amazon UHD streams to have a lot more color gradient banding than any others? It seems that way to me. Bosch is a banding mess.
post #1221 of 1979 Old 10-20-2019, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stinson View Post
What is the sacrifice in having this feature on? Do you lose highlight brightness or anything? Also as an aside has anyone else found the Amazon UHD streams to have a lot more color gradient banding than any others? It seems that way to me. Bosch is a banding mess.
There is a very slight brightness reduction and color shift (almost unnoticeable in my opinion) when switching the enhanced viewing angle on. Also, note that this feature is on by default. It surly taking care of the vertical banding. Steaming will always have some color gradient banding (more or less on all tvs). Some tvs can "smooth" the banding more than others but is is always there. The better streaming quality, the less banding you will get. Unfortunately this Vizio PX video processing scheme is not that great and it is more noticeable. However, this tv for its price point has so many other great qualities that it is addicting. This is why I keep going back to Vizio for replacements until I get a tv that works to my satisfaction.
smarthur likes this.
post #1222 of 1979 Old 10-20-2019, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
[
So in actual movie watching and gaming, are there serious problems with this tv?

Movie watching and tv. you probably will be fine no matter what panel you get unless you have a dim hdr problem like some. Gaming for me is very problematic. The jailbar are super notice in some games. Also is the wierd green color clouds or panel uniformity issues they seems much worse on my ps4 pro and pc gaming. The hdr is very broken with pc so much that the text can't even be read on my set. However my first one didn't have the hdr issue.

For normal tv. Uniformity is barely a problem

Last edited by puppydg68; 10-20-2019 at 10:48 PM.
post #1223 of 1979 Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Video Dropouts with Xfinity 4K DVR

Quote:
I had multiple video blackouts and audio dropouts while using my Roku Ultra via my Yamaha reciever. There is definitely compatibility issue between the vizio and third party components. Not that they admit it... I have no choice but to connect everything directly to the tv bypassing my reciever which is a shame as now I will not be able to get Dolby atmos. Still am not sure why the tv I had previously (yesterday) did not have this issue.

Edit - Also had numerous audio dropouts while watching direct tv connected directly to my vizio. Probably arc issue. Not good.

I had the same video blackout issues with my Xfinity-Comcast 4K DVR (Arris), I spent a lot of time changing settings and trying to figure out what was happening in the end I also had to bypass my Denon X2400W AVR and route the DVR into HDMI 2 with optical audio going back to the AVR. My other 4K sources have no issues, AppleTV 4K, Oppo 203.
post #1224 of 1979 Old 10-22-2019, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've had my PX75 since early September and upon installing it, that is transferring the HDMI cable from my P75-C1 to the new PX75 had device compatibility issues when turning on Full UHD Color setting on the PX75. Everything is routed through my Denon AVR-x4300h.

My list of problem devices are: Tivo Bolt+ DVR, Oppo UDP-203, Nvidia Shield ATV and now even Roku Ultra.

They all experience interment Black Screens, sometime even loss of video output and audio issues.

Disable the Full UHD Color setting on the PX75 and all is good but of course no UHD Color support.

Tried directly connecting each device directly to the PX75 again mixed results - no solutions.

Even tried a HDFury Vertex2, great support by the way but could not fix the problem devices.

The only temp solution I found was a borrowed jailbroke UDP-203 and it played all UHD discs and looked beautifull.

Called Vizio TS the first day and got the usual basic support, ended up calling several more times until I got a call back from Teir 3 support acknowledging some device compatibility problems and they were working on it.

Talked to Teir 3 a few weeks latter and still no ETA for a fix. Am now at 7 weeks and counting.

OK, Now if your panel looks good, little or no Color banding and acceptable DSE I would suggest calling TS and pushing them for a firmware fix. Replacing the TV generally won't fix these issues

This of course assumes that using Smartcast, viewing Netflix or Vudu playing UHD material looks good.

Full UHD Color setting is only use for it's HDMI inputs and not needed for Smartcast the apps.

All of this indicate they are having problems when negotiating correct formats between some devices for UHD video settings, Color Space and bit depth(8bit, 10bit and 12bit).
Remember that depending on the devices can be good for a little wile and due to change in formats, such as when playing a UHD Disc jumping from menu to playing can trigger this type of issue making it visible and even changing channels on a cable box or switching to commercials can trigger a new negotiation.

My 2C

Rew
Brandon B and smarthur like this.

Rew
post #1225 of 1979 Old 10-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've had my PX75 since early September and upon installing it, that is transferring the HDMI cable from my P75-C1 to the new PX75 had device compatibility issues when turning on Full UHD Color setting on the PX75. Everything is routed through my Denon AVR-x4300h.

My list of problem devices are: Tivo Bolt+ DVR, Oppo UDP-203, Nvidia Shield ATV and now even Roku Ultra.

They all experience interment Black Screens, sometime even loss of video output and audio issues.

Disable the Full UHD Color setting on the PX75 and all is good but of course no UHD Color support.

Tried directly connecting each device directly to the PX75 again mixed results - no solutions.

Even tried a HDFury Vertex2, great support by the way but could not fix the problem devices.

The only temp solution I found was a borrowed jailbroke UDP-203 and it played all UHD discs and looked beautifull.

Called Vizio TS the first day and got the usual basic support, ended up calling several more times until I got a call back from Teir 3 support acknowledging some device compatibility problems and they were working on it.

Talked to Teir 3 a few weeks latter and still no ETA for a fix. Am now at 7 weeks and counting.

OK, Now if your panel looks good, little or no Color banding and acceptable DSE I would suggest calling TS and pushing them for a firmware fix. Replacing the TV generally won't fix these issues

This of course assumes that using Smartcast, viewing Netflix or Vudu playing UHD material looks good.

Full UHD Color setting is only use for it's HDMI inputs and not needed for Smartcast the apps.

All of this indicate they are having problems when negotiating correct formats between some devices for UHD video settings, Color Space and bit depth(8bit, 10bit and 12bit).
Remember that depending on the devices can be good for a little wile and due to change in formats, such as when playing a UHD Disc jumping from menu to playing can trigger this type of issue making it visible and even changing channels on a cable box or switching to commercials can trigger a new negotiation.

My 2C

Rew
I contacted TS numerous times trying to push software update to no avail. They said that I should not turn the full uhd color on and that it is not necessary. I tried to explain that without it I cannot get the benefit of HDR but they blaim direct tv and my Yamaha reciever. They said that they cannot guaranty comparability with third party components and asked that I call the third parties manufacturer and ask for support. 2 of the 4 tvs I had DID NOT exhibit this issue which is why I am getting a new replacement on Thursday. I also have USB issues and audio dropouts via ARC although DSE and vertical banding are acceptable. Based on the conversations I had with TS, I am not sure when and if they will take care of these issues via firmware update. I also recieved my tv in early September and I have until early December to return to Costco. Will report my findings when I get the replacement.
post #1226 of 1979 Old 10-22-2019, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I contacted TS numerous times trying to push software update to no avail. They said that I should not turn the full uhd color on and that it is not necessary. I tried to explain that without it I cannot get the benefit of HDR but they blaim direct tv and my Yamaha reciever. They said that they cannot guaranty comparability with third party components and asked that I call the third parties manufacturer and ask for support. 2 of the 4 tvs I had DID NOT exhibit this issue which is why I am getting a new replacement on Thursday. I also have USB issues and audio dropouts via ARC although DSE and vertical banding are acceptable. Based on the conversations I had with TS, I am not sure when and if they will take care of these issues via firmware update. I also recieved my tv in early September and I have until early December to return to Costco. Will report my findings when I get the replacement.
Emailed and talk to them this morning -not much better than before they are suppose to call later after they talk to their Engineering.

I got to say when Matt was CEO this did not happen with the P75-C1, it had issues but they were responsive and fixed things in a timely manor. Don't remember anyone being told essentially not our problem, blaming other equipment for their obvious issues. Mind you, the whole HDMI/HDCP is a mess so it's not a surprise when device compatibllity comes up. But we should be able rely on them to fix it.

Mine is Costco too have similar time for returns.

It's to bad my panel is really nice, very little banding and DSE is better than on my C1.

Rew

Rew
post #1227 of 1979 Old 10-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Emailed and talk to them this morning -not much better than before they are suppose to call later after they talk to their Engineering.

I got to say when Matt was CEO this did not happen with the P75-C1, it had issues but they were responsive and fixed things in a timely manor. Don't remember anyone being told essentially not our problem, blaming other equipment for their obvious issues. Mind you, the whole HDMI/HDCP is a mess so it's not a surprise when device compatibllity comes up. But we should be able rely on them to fix it.

Mine is Costco too have similar time for returns.

It's to bad my panel is really nice, very little banding and DSE is better than on my C1.

Rew
I remember Matt. I believe he was thier CTO. At that time he was very much involved with the thread and provided updates and advise. Wonder how many tvs Vizio will be willing to replace before my time with costco expires.
post #1228 of 1979 Old 10-22-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:

Tv is here. Let me know what you would like me to test.

Note: I have no av equipment. I do have an xbox one x that can be used for testing.

If anyone else wants me to test things, I do have Netflix, prime and dazn. also have a fire stick that I can open up and test.

This way we can all help one another.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vizio 75 inch.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	914.6 KB
ID:	2630680  
post #1229 of 1979 Old 10-22-2019, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Wow.

I received a replacement today.

3 bright spots on the screen that my WIFE notice (she tells me every TV is perfect) and I couldn't even see from a straight-ahead angle.
Then upon inspection, I am able to see a red dead pixel when watching hockey right in the middle of the screen.

Blooming is an issue as well.

Unfortunately, on this set, the vertical banding (which is what I was replacing for) is improved from my original set.

I'm done with Vizio. Will be returning these TVs to Costco and purchasing a Sony X900F. Thanks for all the help here guys.
smarthur likes this.
post #1230 of 1979 Old 10-22-2019, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Just out of curiosity... have you put your Yamaha receiver into MODE 1? As far as I know, Yamaha ships their AVR's with MODE 2 enabled. I realize the link below may not be for your specific Yamaha receiver, but most all of their newer receivers have this advanced menu option. You cannot get to this menu via the GUI.

https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/rxv6...366848907.html

Or even perhaps setting up your Yamaha to ignore the display EDID.

https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/rxv6...841479179.html

May or may not help with HDR but I found it helped with my prior incompatibility issues.

Last edited by tyscherb; 10-22-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page