2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 431Likes

post #1501 of 1906 Old 11-16-2019, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I looked at eBay and I noticed that used an Xbox One S is pretty cheap. I'm looking for a cheap UHD player (to get me by until I can afford to buy the Panasonic 820) and a streaming box for 4k UHD.

Are all the kinks with the HDR One S fixed for the P Quantum X? And does Disney+ DV and Atmos work properly on it?

Last edited by danni13; 11-16-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1906 Old 11-16-2019, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvan1313 View Post
OK that's good to know. So if I want both Vision and Atmos I'll need the Sony X950G with the Samsung HW-Q90R?
I thought without eARC it still passes Atmos just a compressed version, is that true? With that soundbar would compressed even make a difference?

I've got an older LG 657400LA and it's not the best but its very watchable. Maybe I'm putting to much thought into this. I'm sure both would be way better.

I just want 75 inch with Vision and Atmos ... HDMI to the soundbar. Either Samsung HW-q90r or the Sony HT-ST5000.
I'm having a hell of a time deciding. But if I can't get Atmos with the Vizio involved then maybe my choice has been made?
First off I'm no expert. There are people on this forum far more knowledgeable than I am.
Rtings.com says the Vizio Quantum X HDMI ARC only does 5.1 Dolby Digital (DD) not DD+, which is Atmos compressed. Atmos uncompressed can only be done via eARC.
You could connect your devices to the Samsung soundbar but I don't know if the soundbar supports Dolby Vision (DV) pass-through to the TV. Samsung TVs don't support DV, so don't know. Best bet is to check with Samsung & Vizio support.

The Sony HT-ST5000 does support Dolby Vision pass-through with firmware update. You could connect either of the TVs to this soundbar. But I think I read some posts on this forum that the Vizio has issues with pass-through DV and works better if the device is connected directly to the TV (?)

Confusing, huh?
post #1503 of 1906 Old 11-16-2019, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPatNJ View Post
First off I'm no expert. There are people on this forum far more knowledgeable than I am.

Rtings.com says the Vizio Quantum X HDMI ARC only does 5.1 Dolby Digital (DD) not DD+, which is Atmos compressed. Atmos uncompressed can only be done via eARC.

You could connect your devices to the Samsung soundbar but I don't know if the soundbar supports Dolby Vision (DV) pass-through to the TV. Samsung TVs don't support DV, so don't know. Best bet is to check with Samsung & Vizio support.

The Sony HT-ST5000 does support Dolby Vision pass-through with firmware update. You could connect either of the TVs to this soundbar. But I think I read some posts on this forum that the Vizio has issues with pass-through DV and works better if the device is connected directly to the TV (?)

Confusing, huh?

I’m leaning Sony XBR950G since it has eArc and it has better wide angle viewing.
Both the soundbars have eArc too.
I’d rather connect devices to the Tv and then eArc hdmi to the soundbar. The tv should pass through atmos to the sour bar uncompressed and the DV would be handled by the connected AppleTV.
Unless I’m missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 1906 Old 11-16-2019, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I’m leaning Sony XBR950G since it has eArc and it has better wide angle viewing.
Both the soundbars have eArc too.
I’d rather connect devices to the Tv and then eArc hdmi to the soundbar. The tv should pass through atmos to the sour bar uncompressed and the DV would be handled by the connected AppleTV.
Unless I’m missing something.

That sounds right. I also starting to lean that way.
post #1505 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssisem View Post
I love my px65. It isn’t perfect.. has banding in some content and blooming. In some scenes I can see the fald work.. but every tv is going to have issues. For the money the Vizio is tops. I have had many high end sets over the years and also have an lg c8 OLED. I prefer the Vizios image. Just don’t settle for below average but don’t go looking for a perfect panel. Just like with all things in life nothing is perfect
And due to manufacturing differences no 2 TV panels are even going to be exactly the same even the same TV model hence the so called panel lottery. IME the TV picture quality is affected more by the source material than minor defects in the TV itself.
post #1506 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I love my px65. It isn’t perfect.. has banding in some content and blooming. In some scenes I can see the fald work.. but every tv is going to have issues. For the money the Vizio is tops. I have had many high end sets over the years and also have an lg c8 OLED. I prefer the Vizios image. Just don’t settle for below average but don’t go looking for a perfect panel. Just like with all things in life nothing is perfect
I didn't realize you were allowed to acknowledge flaws and still admit you like a TV on here? I'm new but I was under the impression that if you didn't immediately return your TV after seeing anything less than perfect uniformity you would be perma-banned? Why are you being so down to Earth there, bud?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AYNIL likes this.
post #1507 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Pulled the trigger and ordered a PX75 from Costco. I will move last years PQ65 to another room and finally retire my last Panasonic plasma that has developed IR / burn in over the years.

Hopefully I will get a panel as good as my PQ65. I really wanted a 75 inch last year. This model looks very promising. I will report back my finding after I get my PX75 and put it through it paces.

Cheers!
AYNIL likes this.
post #1508 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Thanks @Ingo ... the Vizio is that bad on an angle?

Well it’s pretty much inherent with VA panels. Was watching an HDR10 video of a nasa astronaut fixing a satellite in space and had backlight cranked to 100 and contrast to 50 with no sign of blooming. Pretty damn phenomenal if you ask me. The picture is ridiculously amazing if you’re not concerned with viewing angles. And honestly, in regards to viewing angles.....could be worse right?

post #1509 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Care to elaborate on your preference of the PX65 vs C8? I have a PX75 myself, and love it, but still find myself wondering if I'd prefer an OLED.
post #1510 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I did get delivery of my 65 inch and wall mounted it today. I tested it on a lot of source material. First, it's hard to find real good source material. As soon as I buy an Ultra high def bluray player I'll be able to do more. With hockey, the ice looks good, very little if any DSE. With the ice I was able to see the jail bars and once, believed I saw the back light leds. Haven't been able to repeat that so put that with my Bigfoot sightings.

On clouds, fog, and other bright but non-defined pictures I can see the bars more easily. However, it is subtle, not visible on most content. It does seem that it is a property of the tv. From what I'm seeing it appears the diffusion panel is designed this way. Therefore it will never be completely gone. Accepting that every complex machine is a compromise, I've decided this one compromise I an accept. My friend said I'm working too hard to find problems and there is some truth in this. But .. I know they are there now.

Man the blooming for white on black letters and logos is surprising. What is also surprising is that it doesn't seem to affect content. Also the crawlers during the NFL games did not seem to bloom. I updated the firmware and I think it is better. Hard to say because it is easy to talk oneself into something. But it might have gotten better.

I keep switching between calibrated and standard and am favoring calibrated. Overall I have to say I got lucky with mine. I have a 90 day return window but unless something changes, this one stays at home.
OHMSEN likes this.
post #1511 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPatNJ View Post
The PX most definitely does DD+ Atmos over ARC. I stream Atmos back to my receiver via the Vizio’s built-in Amazon Prime app all the time.
toonj64 likes this.
post #1512 of 1906 Old 11-17-2019, 11:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I was considering the 75" Quantum X but my wife likes to use subtitles when viewing movies and Netflix shows. A couple reviews said the white blooming around subtitles is pretty bad. Also, they said the upscaling from DVD's and 720p is bad. Are these things true ?

Thanks.
post #1513 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
I was considering the 75" Quantum X but my wife likes to use subtitles when viewing movies and Netflix shows. A couple reviews said the white blooming around subtitles is pretty bad. Also, they said the upscaling from DVD's and 720p is bad. Are these things true ?

Thanks.
I didn't notice blooming from subtitles (Amazon Video watching 1080p Peanut Butter Falcon). I just turned them on for a few seconds and wasn't looking for it but given how well the blooming is handled in most circumstances during content I wouldn't worry about it.

Can't comment on DVD or 720p because I haven't watched anything under 1080p yet.

post #1514 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
New to the forum here. Sorry to barge on in.

I just brought home a PX75-G1 from Costco yesterday. I have been waiting for this deal for 8 months. woohoo!

My PX75 came with the silver metal remote (very heavy). It updated to the latest firmware 4.xx (which doesn't show up on Vizio site). I'm sure it is already been covered here but this firmware does provide HDR10+ support. I have verified that I can play HDR10, HDR10+ and DV and all of them have the appropriate logo that appears in the top right corner.

So far I have found nothing picture wise that has me questioning the panel. Looks great for the most part.

I registered mainly so I could ask what can I do to smooth up the motion? The settings are a bit cumbersome to understand completely but motion seems a bit jittery to me. Specifically I noticed that in Jack Ryan S01E01, at the very beginning with the jets come flying by the kids, the jets are skipping across the screen quite badly (using native amazon app). I have essentially disabled everything and I am using Rtings.com's recommended settings. Is there something I should enable to smooth things out?

Thanks.
post #1515 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
New to the forum here. Sorry to barge on in.

I just brought home a PX75-G1 from Costco yesterday. I have been waiting for this deal for 8 months. woohoo!

My PX75 came with the silver metal remote (very heavy). It updated to the latest firmware 4.xx (which doesn't show up on Vizio site). I'm sure it is already been covered here but this firmware does provide HDR10+ support. I have verified that I can play HDR10, HDR10+ and DV and all of them have the appropriate logo that appears in the top right corner.

So far I have found nothing picture wise that has me questioning the panel. Looks great for the most part.

I registered mainly so I could ask what can I do to smooth up the motion? The settings are a bit cumbersome to understand completely but motion seems a bit jittery to me. Specifically I noticed that in Jack Ryan S01E01, at the very beginning with the jets come flying by the kids, the jets are skipping across the screen quite badly (using native amazon app). I have essentially disabled everything and I am using Rtings.com's recommended settings. Is there something I should enable to smooth things out?

Thanks.
Did you just try out the out-of-the-box calibrated or calibrated dark settings? I haven't noticed any motion issues but I have noticed that 1080p content from Amazon looks like garbage (posterized, gradients, etc.) from the native app but ASTOUNDING from my PS4. I'm debating on getting the new Shield TV or a Firestick 4K. I NEED something to access Disney+ 4K/HDR.

Dolby Vision via the native Netflix app looks very good, IMO.

post #1516 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Issues are being overstated

I read every page of this thread and I was worried about getting some awful panel but I really think the issues are overblown since only the dissatisfied people come to post. So if you are in my position and are struggling between this, the 900f, TCL 8, OLED, or q80r, I highly recommend the Vizio for 1600$. Viewing angles and smart interfaces dont matter to me since I sit dead on with an external streaming device and only watch 1080/4k content so I think this TV was a good fit for me but the nightmare posts had me assuming I would have to settle with some jailbars and banding. Yesterday I picked up the 75" PQX from Costco and pictures are attached, apparently I won the panel lottery? To be honest this TV makes the prospect of spending twice as much on a burn in prone OLED seem like a joke. This TV is hands down the best PQ I have ever experienced when using quality source content
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_133316.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2642624   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_124131.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	2642626   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_180746.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2642628   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_142416.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	2642630  
post #1517 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 09:29 AM

Also increasing the gamma and backlight brought out black detail a ton after having some issues with SW ep7 on Disney+, still tweaking the settings but looks great as is on the Mandalorian
post #1518 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoTheBarbarian View Post
Did you just try out the out-of-the-box calibrated or calibrated dark settings? I haven't noticed any motion issues but I have noticed that 1080p content from Amazon looks like garbage (posterized, gradients, etc.) from the native app but ASTOUNDING from my PS4. I'm debating on getting the new Shield TV or a Firestick 4K. I NEED something to access Disney+ 4K/HDR.

Dolby Vision via the native Netflix app looks very good, IMO.

I'm using calibrated dark for everything. It is a basement with no window issues. I turned my backlight a bit lower than Rtings.com but that is the only change I have that I am aware of.

Jack Ryan in Dolby Vision is the only video through native app that I have tried to this point. Motion seemed OK while watching 15-20 minutes of football on ESPN last night.

I haven't tried watching anything through my Roku Ultra yet as it doesn't do DV or HDR10+.

Are there any other motion tests I can run to pinpoint where I may or may not have issues?
post #1519 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdent9 View Post
I read every page of this thread and I was worried about getting some awful panel but I really think the issues are overblown since only the dissatisfied people come to post. So if you are in my position and are struggling between this, the 900f, TCL 8, OLED, or q80r, I highly recommend the Vizio for 1600$. Viewing angles and smart interfaces dont matter to me since I sit dead on with an external streaming device and only watch 1080/4k content so I think this TV was a good fit for me but the nightmare posts had me assuming I would have to settle with some jailbars and banding. Yesterday I picked up the 75" PQX from Costco and pictures are attached, apparently I won the panel lottery? To be honest this TV makes the prospect of spending twice as much on a burn in prone OLED seem like a joke. This TV is hands down the best PQ I have ever experienced when using quality source content
I had the ok from the ol' lady to buy the 75" but my practicality got the better of me and I got the 65". I've stared at that 75" many, many times in Costco the past few months waiting for November.

My panel isn't that uniform but I've never noticed anything in content and as you said, I haven't seen a TV look as good (to my non-videophile eyes) as the PQX.

For $1K/$1.6K you can have something that punches at the top-tier sets and that's mind blowing.

post #1520 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:

I concur with you. So far I don't see any screen issues and I usually pick up on DSE or screen inconsistencies very easily. The picture is absolutely stunning and that is after I turned the backlight down to 10. Maybe costco is getting the most recent sets with less quality concerns.
post #1521 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by danni13 View Post
Are all the kinks with the HDR One S fixed for the P Quantum X? And does Disney+ DV and Atmos work properly on it?
Since the 4.0 update, HDR seems to be working as it should on Xbox.
There is still the annoying problem with Netflix permanantly sending out an HDR signal as soon as it's launched (which is a netflix bug that is now over 3 years old they refuse to fix).
Also, Disney+ does do Dolby Vision, but not Atmos on the Xbox One, for some reason. Someone said they were in the beta and Atmos was working on a previous version. We don't know why this is right now. (Dolby Vision on Disny+ looks incredible. They are, apparently, higher bitrate than most other streaming. Mandalorian looks jawdropping on these tv's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

Thanks.
If the subtitles are solid white, yes they can be almost too bright to look at sometimes. Luckily Amazon (and maybe Netflix?) allow you to change the font/color of them.

Quote:
Wow your uniformity is definitely better than mine. And I am keeping mine. You should probably delete those pictures because now this thread will be flooded with people returning their sets because it isn't as good as yours.
post #1522 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviangel View Post
And due to manufacturing differences no 2 TV panels are even going to be exactly the same even the same TV model hence the so called panel lottery. IME the TV picture quality is affected more by the source material than minor defects in the TV itself.
I've mentioned it before but I really don't think the panel lottery has as much to do with manufacturing as people think it does. They may, very well, all leave the factory nearly perfect.

But imagine this:
You take a huge 75" super thin material and try to make it as flat and perfectly uniform as possible.
You then try to install a grid of hundreds of led lights behind it while keeping everything perfectly flat and uniform.
Then you enclose it inside a super thin casing with a bunch of electronics hooked up to it.
Then you shove it inside a huge tightly packed cardboard box.
Then you load it on a boat in stormy seas for over a month.
Then it gets on trucks/trains for days/weeks.
You change elevation/pressures multiple times.
It's being fork-lifted on pallets between all of these steps.
Then you buy it and drive it home some how and unpack this monstrosity.

Chances are very very high that something will not be as perfect as it was at the end of this journey.

Last edited by thrustbucket; 11-18-2019 at 11:12 AM.
post #1523 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

Thank you for this! I’ve been tearing my hair out on wether to keep my H9F or get the Vizio PQX. I just had the 65” PQX delivered from Best Buy. I got it for under $1k during the one day Best Buy special. And I feel like I’ve gotten the best deal possible but all I hear are horror stories on this set. Your images though have me convinced that I should stick with this over my H9F...how stunning! Especially that last picture!

post #1524 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post
I can't. I had mine for two days and took it back to Sam's and ended up getting a 65" LG C9 OLED instead. Overall the Vizio has a very good picture in SDR and HDR. My biggest complaint was the viewing angles. When my wife notices it without me having to say anything, it's a problem. Lol

I think I've just been spoiled with OLED and there's no going back for me.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I was looking at both of these in Costco today. Problem is I really want 75" but that's not happening in OLED (budget). I kept walking back to the LG C9 because it looked so good. My only concern is brightness. I have a fairly open concept den with some high windows that are uncovered. It could be a problem during daytime viewing but we do much more evening viewing since we both work so...
post #1525 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post
I was looking at both of these in Costco today. Problem is I really want 75" but that's not happening in OLED (budget). I kept walking back to the LG C9 because it looked so good. My only concern is brightness. I have a fairly open concept den with some high windows that are uncovered. It could be a problem during daytime viewing but we do much more evening viewing since we both work so...
You probably wont notice the difference in black levels between a C9 and the PQX with a well lit room, in a dark room yes but its still great in a dark room in my experience. With PQX you will get better HDR highlights and better bright room performance and wont have to worry about burn in at half the cost. The only downsides are the viewing angles, upscaling, and smart interface which may or may not apply to you
post #1526 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
You probably wont notice the difference in black levels between a C9 and the PQX with a well lit room, in a dark room yes but its still great in a dark room in my experience. With PQX you will get better HDR highlights and better bright room performance and wont have to worry about burn in at half the cost. The only downsides are the viewing angles, upscaling, and smart interface which may or may not apply to you
Yeah, I had read about the viewing angles but really didn't notice any problem with that in the store. Less than ideal conditions of course, sitting high on a shelf and I even stepped several feet off axis to both sides and didn't notice a huge difference. What I did notice was a lot of judder or flickering on the demo reel that was playing. The Sony and LG LED's beside the Vizio did not appear to be doing this but I guess it could be a setting in the Vizio that needs to be changed.
post #1527 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
I have a 900F right now. After getting used to the brightness of the PX75, I just find the X900F too dull. :S Let me know your thoughts on your X900.
I looked at the x900f and x950g in store. the X950G seems to be the better choice, looks as stunning as the Vizio PX75 but no banding I could see. Plus its closer in spec to the PX with all inputs high bandwidth and lower input lag. If you get a good panel for vizio, for features and picture quality the value is unmatched. I loved my previous P75 until i was forced into a refurb by service. I swear if Vizio gets their quality control process down they will be a contender. For those looking as long as you buy from a retailer who has a good return policy i would try the vizio first before spending more money. If you get a good panel, you're set. I just got super unlucky with the 2019 PX's and have no energy for more exchanges.
post #1528 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post
Yeah, I had read about the viewing angles but really didn't notice any problem with that in the store. Less than ideal conditions of course, sitting high on a shelf and I even stepped several feet off axis to both sides and didn't notice a huge difference. What I did notice was a lot of judder or flickering on the demo reel that was playing. The Sony and LG LED's beside the Vizio did not appear to be doing this but I guess it could be a setting in the Vizio that needs to be changed.
The costco demo unit had the flicker as well and it had me worried, it turns out that was the black frame insertion feature, which I am not sure why they had it on, it didnt have that on for me by default and I have no idea why anyone would want that mess
post #1529 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 12:29 PM

I cant speak to judder or vertical viewing angles yet, my tv is slightly above head level when reclining. There are many motion settings (judder reduction 0-10, motion smoothing 0-10, film mode) that I am still dialing in
post #1530 of 1906 Old 11-18-2019, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Out of curiosity, when running the DSE test (from Youtube, the one with the hockey player), does anyone here have a perfect screen?

I just got another replacement which, I believe, is better than my previous screens, but the vertical banding is STILL prominent, particularly during SDR hockey games.

Hi, I just got the PX65-G delivered from Costco. I don't see noticeable bands when I'm directly in front of the screen running this test in the calibrated setting. If I move off to about 35% angle however, I can definitely see some lines, one in particular. The effect seems to be lessened with the off angle viewing enhancement. I would say it is nearly perfect if I'm square to the screen. No discolored blotches from any angle as far as I can tell. Also did the test with the UHD on some Arctic documentary footage...looked basically the same.

I am not as sensitive/aware as many posters, but I am coming from an LG PV400 plasma that I bought long ago (based on discussions on this site and favorable comparisons to the pioneer plasmas) and slightly modified the panel at that time. It has been years, but we all did something to make the blacks darker, if memory serves. I didn't get it calibrated but I bought some calibration disks/blu rays that I used.

I have not seen a non-plasma that I liked but my set in the bedroom finally crapped out. I basically see these bars in all of the non-plasma displays when watching football or hockey and from the side...yeesh, they struggle. I was going to get an OLED and put the plasma in the bedroom. I have a lot of sunlight in the family room during the day, however, and the OLED are still pretty shiny (the plasma glass screen was always a pain in my ass during the day).

I bought this over the Samsung q90 because I decided quantum led was good enough for my high light exposure use case and the two sets seemed to be basically a push as far as I could tell and the cost was like half. I bought from costco to somewhat mitigate the risks of vizio reputed quality control. I also looked at the TCL in store and this set smoked it (admittedly in store in not a good comparison for most people but as stated, I am interested in high ambient room light performance)

As far as initial problems: I have noticed that RDR2 on my ps4, with the HDR feature, appears pretty washed out. It is like I'm playing in a sand storm. I will try and toy around with settings to see if I can correct. I have been using the Rtings calibration/settings with some minor tweaks to those. Also, the youtube app in the smart cast goes to a dark screen. Not sure what is up with that...used my Roku streaming stick+ for the hockey/dse test. No Disney + app in smart cast, but I will probably mostly use the roku in any case.

Right now I am planning to keep it, but I am going to try and work it over for the next 90 days.

Last edited by corpraider; 11-18-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page