2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 59 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 507Likes

post #1741 of 2218 Old 11-25-2019, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
I don't follow. I was thinking film mode is either a 24 frame multiple or it is simply 3:2 pulldown which I believe only applies to interlaced source material. If the latter is correct, I agree that it will do nothing for Bluray (1080p) but it should do something for a DVD source (480i).

I will reframe my question... Does anyone know what frame rate is applied by the PX to a 24P Bluray source and does "film mode" have any impact on the frame rate ?
The point of film mode is to properly handle any and all 24 fps signals. From a blu-ray player, streaming device, PC, no matter what it is but sending 24 fps. That film mode option does nothing because when the TV receives 24hz, even if film mode is off, the TV will properly repeat all images 5 times (5x24 =120) to properly fit its native frame rate of 120. If the 24fps is over a 60hz signal, the tv cant handle it properly even if film mode is on.

Now you do raise a point about 480i or 1080i but I havent watched any of that in so many years and frame rate varies even if the image is interlaced.

Does that answer it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 2218 Old 11-25-2019, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I’ve got to add my two cents here as I was able to finally get around to setting up my 65” Vizio PQX last night and compare it to the Hisense H9F I have. I was already quite happy with my H9F but pounced on the Best Buy sale that only had this set for $80 more than that one.

I was fortunate enough to also receive the silver remote. It looks nice as hell but since I use Harmony, it doesn’t matter too much to me. I was prompted to update a couple of times to get my to version 4. After that, I went about playing with everything. I have my Sony Receiver hooked up to the ARC and my PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Apple TV all running through my receiver. This makes it nice because my Apple TV forces the tv to play things in Dolby Vision while my PS4 and Xbox play in HDR10 so that I can keep my settings separate for both. I set HDR10 up for game mode and Dolby Vision for my movies and such.

I’ve got to say...after watching several movies last night I am BLOWN AWAY by the performance of this tv! I was SUPER worried because of all the negative comments on this set. I turned on enhanced edge viewing or whatever it was right from the start and so far, I’ve not seen a single jail bar, NO gradient or banding issues...I mean this set is absolutely STELLAR! I’m going to be packing up my Hisense H9F I think as this Vizio PQX has none of the yellow screen or dark corners that my Hisense has. And it wasn’t bad, I was willing to live with it. But this set is just soooooo much better!

The level of detail in the images combined with the brightness and vibrancy of the picture is truly awe inspiring. It sucks to hear that so many people seem to be having problems with this set but in my testing of it, it performs incredibly well! Dolby Vision movies looks bright, colorful, and motion handling is fantastic. Gaming on it as well has been quite the enjoyable experience. I’ve truly found my OLED rival in this set. I’m not sure how anyone couples complain about blooming because I have NONE....none at all. The black bars stay black and I watch everything with subtitles and those are nice and bright behind a pitch black background...

I could be wrong here but I honestly think that everyone is just spending too much time trying to find problems with these TVs rather than actually enjoying them. This is the best money I’ve spent on a tv...ever. I HIGHLY recommend this set to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
puckfreak, SpinsterSXRD and Anago like this.
post #1743 of 2218 Old 11-25-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
The point of film mode is to properly handle any and all 24 fps signals. From a blu-ray player, streaming device, PC, no matter what it is but sending 24 fps. That film mode option does nothing because when the TV receives 24hz, even if film mode is off, the TV will properly repeat all images 5 times (5x24 =120) to properly fit its native frame rate of 120. If the 24fps is over a 60hz signal, the tv cant handle it properly even if film mode is on.

Now you do raise a point about 480i or 1080i but I havent watched any of that in so many years and frame rate varies even if the image is interlaced.

Does that answer it?
I think so. If the PX can do a true 120 Hz, it makes sense. The literature states 240 Hz effective refresh rate but my understanding is that there is some "hocus pocus" going on when the word "effective" is being used with respect to the refresh rate. So does the "hocus pocus" start after 60 Hz or after 120 Hz...

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1744 of 2218 Old 11-25-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Thanks for the HDR content suggestions. How do I watch youtube hdr channel? I went to the channel on my laptop and cast it to the Tv but it didn't come up in HDR on the PX75?
If you cast it from a device you won't get HDR. You have to open the app on the TV and enable it using the website. Then open the YouTube app on your phone or TV and link the device. That way you can control the in TV app with phone or laptop but still enable HDR. When you open the app on another device you click cast to YouTube TV and not your TV's name, it's weird.
post #1745 of 2218 Old 11-25-2019, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 272 Post(s)
Quoted: 13031 Post(s)
Liked: 10663
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
So I assume when playing a DVD it will look bad, no matter what the player is outputting it at? Whether it's a 1080p player set to 1080p, or a 4k player ?
If the player is better at upconversion than the TV, then let the player do the upconversion. So if I had an Oppo 203 or a Panasonic UB9000, I would definitely let the player up convert anything below 4K.
SpinsterSXRD likes this.
post #1746 of 2218 Old 11-25-2019, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Try El Camino and Our Planet.
This.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
post #1747 of 2218 Old 11-25-2019, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I don't believe it. I've had the PX75-G1 for less than a week and it's been fabulous. And then as quickly as it came into my life... It's busted.

I got a new Amazon Fire Stick 4K today, so I started by plugging it directly into the TV in HDMI 4. I got it all set up and tested out some Dolby Vision and HDR sources that wouldn't work on my old gen 3 Fire TV. Then I powered everything off and plugged the Fire stick into my Yamaha AV receiver.

Immediately there were issues with the display and I could only get a black screen. I found a remote code to cycle through the various resolutions on the fire stick, and eventually the picture came back when it was set to 1080p/60Hz. Tried to set it to 2160/auto and the picture would no longer display. And then things went haywire.

The TV displayed the no signal warning for HDMI 1, and I tried cycling through the different inputs on my AVR to see if they would work. My Blu-ray player displayed the menu for a few seconds and then it switched to black again. I tried to switch away from HDMI 1 and the TV would not respond to remote commands. I powered everything down, switched off the power strip for all the equipment, and let it sit for a minute. Then disconnected the HDMI out from the AVR and turned on the TV. It still was set to HDMI 1 even though the cable wasn't connected and I couldn't switch to any other inputs.

The smart cast app on my phone still worked to control the TV, so I used it to perform a soft reset. Still problems. Then decided to go ahead with a factory reset. That may have been a mistake, because with the TV reset I can no longer connect from the smart cast app. And now the TV starts up in the factory fresh mode, but pressing any button on the remote reboots the TV. I tried changing the remote batteries and factory resetting the remote control to no avail. I found an old Vizio remote from another TV and tried that. Still, pressing any button on the remote reboots the TV immediately.

I called Costco concierge services, and they they walked me through the usual troubleshooting steps: unplug the power and hold the power button for one minute. Pull the batteries from the remote and press every button twice. Still, the TV starts up in the setup mode but pressing any button immediately powers it off and then on again after a few seconds.

At that point the concierge service said we had to get in touch with Vizio, unfortunately they are closed for the night so I'll have to call in the morning. Have a feeling this one is going to require a truck roll and a new set. It's a shame, because the picture on this one is pretty fantastic.

UPDATE 11/27: Working again! See follow-up post here.

Vizio PX75-G1 | Yamaha RX-V683 | 5.1.2 Micca in-wall surround speakers

Last edited by leigh13; 11-27-2019 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Added link to follow-up post
post #1748 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-house View Post
Did you resolve this issue? I noticed it on my set this morning while using the YouTube app in Vizio's SmartCast and watching HDR10 videos.
I haven't tested it really since I last posted. I'm assuming it's still there. Honestly it's not a big deal to me at the moment as I don't just sit and watch 4k HDR test footage on YT all day. I logged a ticket with Vizio so they know about the issue.
post #1749 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
I think so. If the PX can do a true 120 Hz, it makes sense. The literature states 240 Hz effective refresh rate but my understanding is that there is some "hocus pocus" going on when the word "effective" is being used with respect to the refresh rate. So does the "hocus pocus" start after 60 Hz or after 120 Hz...
The PX is a native 120Hz display. All the interpolation happens past 120Hz.
post #1750 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiller4128 View Post
I’ve got to add my two cents here as I was able to finally get around to setting up my 65” Vizio PQX last night and compare it to the Hisense H9F I have. I was already quite happy with my H9F but pounced on the Best Buy sale that only had this set for $80 more than that one.

I was fortunate enough to also receive the silver remote. It looks nice as hell but since I use Harmony, it doesn’t matter too much to me. I was prompted to update a couple of times to get my to version 4. After that, I went about playing with everything. I have my Sony Receiver hooked up to the ARC and my PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Apple TV all running through my receiver. This makes it nice because my Apple TV forces the tv to play things in Dolby Vision while my PS4 and Xbox play in HDR10 so that I can keep my settings separate for both. I set HDR10 up for game mode and Dolby Vision for my movies and such.

I’ve got to say...after watching several movies last night I am BLOWN AWAY by the performance of this tv! I was SUPER worried because of all the negative comments on this set. I turned on enhanced edge viewing or whatever it was right from the start and so far, I’ve not seen a single jail bar, NO gradient or banding issues...I mean this set is absolutely STELLAR! I’m going to be packing up my Hisense H9F I think as this Vizio PQX has none of the yellow screen or dark corners that my Hisense has. And it wasn’t bad, I was willing to live with it. But this set is just soooooo much better!

The level of detail in the images combined with the brightness and vibrancy of the picture is truly awe inspiring. It sucks to hear that so many people seem to be having problems with this set but in my testing of it, it performs incredibly well! Dolby Vision movies looks bright, colorful, and motion handling is fantastic. Gaming on it as well has been quite the enjoyable experience. I’ve truly found my OLED rival in this set. I’m not sure how anyone couples complain about blooming because I have NONE....none at all. The black bars stay black and I watch everything with subtitles and those are nice and bright behind a pitch black background...

I could be wrong here but I honestly think that everyone is just spending too much time trying to find problems with these TVs rather than actually enjoying them. This is the best money I’ve spent on a tv...ever. I HIGHLY recommend this set to anyone.

my Sony receiver is 4K and I ran everything thru it but it does not pass thru Dolby Vision, just HDR so I added my 4K HDR/DV LG Bluray player and Xbox One S and I am getting DV now, what Sony receiver do you have that pushes thru DV? oh and I completely agree this does rival my OLED and looks fantastic, no banding DSE or gradient issues when I watched $K streaming and 4K DV movies

HT Set Up: Epson Home Cinema 4010 4Ke, Pioneer Elite LX330 Atoms, JBL 7.1 Venue series speakers, Klipsh 150W Sub, Harmony One remote, Xbox One, PS4, Sony UBP- x800. Elite Screen 2:35 ration framed screen, Vizio Quantum PX 75 (living room tv).
post #1751 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 09:58 AM

Warranty service

For anyone who has received warranty service from Vizio, what was the process?

I opened a ticket with Vizio and they have passed me on to a third party repair firm who may take up to 3 days to schedule an on-site visit. What are the prospects on getting a new TV shipped directly? The Costco support rep I spoke with indicated that Vizio usually insists on sending a tech for three visits before they issue a replacement, and even then, it's generally a refurb unit.

post #1752 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh13 View Post
For anyone who has received warranty service from Vizio, what was the process?

I opened a ticket with Vizio and they have passed me on to a third party repair firm who may take up to 3 days to schedule an on-site visit. What are the prospects on getting a new TV shipped directly? The Costco support rep I spoke with indicated that Vizio usually insists on sending a tech for three visits before they issue a replacement, and even then, it's generally a refurb unit.
No option to just take it back to Costco? You've had it for a week, right? Even if you had to enlist help for that it would be the easiest option and you'd have a TV asap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #1753 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoTheBarbarian View Post
No option to just take it back to Costco? You've had it for a week, right? Even if you had to enlist help for that it would be the easiest option and you'd have a TV asap.
Wish I could but apparently there is no more stock at the warehouse. If I hold on to the broken TV, at least there is a chance for it to be repaired or replaced by Vizio... or exchanged by Costco when they are back in stock. Either way I have 90 days (well, 80 now) remaining to return it and Costco should come pick it up.

As it is it would be very difficult for me to package this one up and bring it back to the warehouse. The box is too big for my car and I would need to enlist help taking it down from the wall and moving it.

post #1754 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Can someone please post your color settings? My friend just got a 75”. There is a major red push. I also noticed that the internal app have bad FALD flashing. I streamed the Disney + channel from my iPhone with the airplay feature picture amazing 100x better than the on board apps. Is anybody using Roku or Apple TV and if so do you see a difference?
post #1755 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinsterSXRD View Post
my Sony receiver is 4K and I ran everything thru it but it does not pass thru Dolby Vision, just HDR so I added my 4K HDR/DV LG Bluray player and Xbox One S and I am getting DV now, what Sony receiver do you have that pushes thru DV? oh and I completely agree this does rival my OLED and looks fantastic, no banding DSE or gradient issues when I watched $K streaming and 4K DV movies

The Sony STRDN1080

post #1756 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Can someone please post your color settings? My friend just got a 75”. There is a major red push. I also noticed that the internal app have bad FALD flashing. I streamed the Disney + channel from my iPhone with the airplay feature picture amazing 100x better than the on board apps. Is anybody using Roku or Apple TV and if so do you see a difference?
If you see any "FALD flashing" I would bet that the "Black Detail" setting is on. That's the only time I ever saw anything like that. This TV is biased a little warm, with out-of-the-box settings, for sure.

Not all the onboard apps are bad. The Vudu app with Dolby Vision content is the best I've seen and it has Dolby Atmos.
post #1757 of 2218 Old 11-26-2019, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Receiving my FIFTH set tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Hoping for no noticeable jailbars. I can live with a bit of blooming just let me watch my hockey in ****ing peace!!!
post #1758 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 05:24 AM

Liked: 0
Hey gentlemen,

Just picked up the PQX75 from Costco. I was wondering what proper steps should I take to ensure that I have landed a good panel?
I also upgraded my A/V receiver to an Onkyo NR-686 to get 4k sound. Any thoughts on the connection with this?
So far, I have noticed when turning off the tv, it glows a grayish tone and it causes me to think I didn't turn off the tv and then when I hit the remote off button again, it goes completely black like it's off.
Last night the wife claims she had to hit the remote off button several times before the tv finally shut off. Has anyone experienced this issue???
Thanks in advance!!
post #1759 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 06:24 AM

PX75-G1 working again

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh13 View Post
I don't believe it. I've had the PX75-G1 for less than a week and it's been fabulous. And then as quickly as it came into my life... It's busted.
[...] And now the TV starts up in the factory fresh mode, but pressing any button on the remote reboots the TV. I tried changing the remote batteries and factory resetting the remote control to no avail. I found an old Vizio remote from another TV and tried that. Still, pressing any button on the remote reboots the TV immediately.
UPDATE: My PX75-G1 is working again!!

I don't really know what happened but perhaps leaving it unplugged overnight helped somehow? As best I can figure, the problem may have been caused by some glitch in CEC control, despite the fact that I had disconnected everything from the TV aside from power and the TV still wouldn't get past the setup screen after a factory reset. I did discover that the HDMI cable I had running from my AVR to the wall jack wouldn't support 4K/HDR, but that wasn't clear until I got the new Fire Stick 4K and enabled UHD Color on a different HDMI port. I don't know why any signal issue would cause the TV to lock up completely even after a factory reset, but it did. As it stands I'm back in business but I do have some concerns for long-term stability. Do I have to worry about this happening again the next time I get a new HDMI device?

On the positive side, I had hooked up my old 42" Panasonic 720p plasma screen as a backup, set up right in front of the PX75-G1. So that let me get some direct side-by-side comparisons. I synced up Planet Earth on Netflix, with the native app on the Vizio (4K UHD Dolby Vision) and the FireTV 4K feeding the Panasonic (720p). I was actually pleasantly surprised by how good the old plasma held up.

The biggest difference was actually in black levels where the Vizio blew it away, and obviously on fine detail like a starfield in space. Most of the stars didn't even show up on the Panasonic.

For regular mixed moving images, such as bright nature shots and colorful forests, the plasma actually compared surprisingly well! But the overall brightness on the Vizio panel was far beyond what the plasma could do. I have included some comparison photos here--though obviously pictures can't capture the true images perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20191126_214740.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	977.5 KB
ID:	2646206   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191126_215436.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2646208   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191126_221240.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	2646210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191126_221302.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	2646212   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191126_221327.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	2646214  

Name:	MVIMG_20191126_214713.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	2646216   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191126_214516.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	939.7 KB
ID:	2646218  
puckfreak likes this.

Last edited by leigh13; 11-27-2019 at 06:30 AM.
post #1760 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoTheBarbarian View Post
If you see any "FALD flashing" I would bet that the "Black Detail" setting is on. That's the only time I ever saw anything like that. This TV is biased a little warm, with out-of-the-box settings, for sure.

Not all the onboard apps are bad. The Vudu app with Dolby Vision content is the best I've seen and it has Dolby Atmos.
On Netflix watch the Crown. Tell me is you see the flickering when lighting conditions change. Or Man in the high castle on prime.

Regards
Jeff
post #1761 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
On Netflix watch the Crown. Tell me is yo see the flickering when lighting conditions change. Or Man in the high castle on prime.

Regards

Jeff
I was just watching 'The Crown' with my wife a couple nights ago but it was via the Fire Stick 4K Netflix app. Definitely no flashing. I did see it with 'Our Planet' via the native app but only when the "Black Detail" setting was on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #1762 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Glock View Post
Hey gentlemen,

Just picked up the PQX75 from Costco. I was wondering what proper steps should I take to ensure that I have landed a good panel?
I also upgraded my A/V receiver to an Onkyo NR-686 to get 4k sound. Any thoughts on the connection with this?
So far, I have noticed when turning off the tv, it glows a grayish tone and it causes me to think I didn't turn off the tv and then when I hit the remote off button again, it goes completely black like it's off.
Last night the wife claims she had to hit the remote off button several times before the tv finally shut off. Has anyone experienced this issue???
Thanks in advance!!
I had a similar problem with one of my former PX75. Pls see slide. After contacting Vizio they have decided to replace it.

Also, go to you tube, search for dirty screen effect videos and make sure your TV does no show dark splotches and vertical banding (jail bars). You will always notice some as unfortunately it is part of today's TVs and see if you can live with these. Then search for 5% gray scale video and look for the jail bars. As I mentioned, most will have jail bars at some degree, make sure that they are not noticeable in real content. The best torture test is Netflix Marco Polo season one episode 3, 14 – 16 minutes time stamp. If you cannot notice the jail bars your tv is ok. Also, note that turning on the enhanced viewing angle in the picture modes will “mask” these jail bars at a cost of very slight reduction of brightness; almost unnoticeable. The third video is white screen. Look for screen uniformity dark splotches and areas that show yellow and purple hue. I would also search for a video that tests for dead pixels.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TV has light glowing after it has been turned off. 20191007_002608.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	2646358  

Last edited by meduzadg; 11-27-2019 at 01:11 PM.
post #1763 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Receiving my FIFTH set tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Hoping for no noticeable jailbars. I can live with a bit of blooming just let me watch my hockey in ****ing peace!!!
Good luck. Let us know the outcome. Do you have by chance a pic showing how bad the vertical banding is? I posted awhile ago re the enhanced viewing angle that "masks" the banding to almost none existence. See slides I took at that time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Enhanced viewing angle on.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	2646398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Enhanced viewing angle off.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	493.0 KB
ID:	2646400  
post #1764 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 02:05 PM

Liked: 7
Does anybody notice a DSE looking darkness from programs in letterbox format? Is the FALD causing this? I've been watching some movies that switch between IMAX and letterbox and it's perfect in full screen but letterbox has a slight brown haze underneath the top black bar and above the bottom bar. Also in input selection the bright grey line on the edges near text but dark and brown towards the middle because of fald. This goes away with fald off.
post #1765 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
Quote:
Hey gentlemen,

Thanks in advance!!
I had a similar problem with one of my former PX75. Pls see slide. After contacting Vizio they have decided to replace it.

Also, go to you tube, search for dirty screen effect videos and make sure your TV does no show dark splotches and vertical banding (jail bars). You will always notice some as unfortunately it is part of today's TVs and see if you can live with these. Then search for 5% gray scale video and look for the jail bars. As I mentioned, most will have jail bars at some degree, make sure that they are not noticeable in real content. The best torture test is Netflix Marco Polo season one episode 3, 14 – 16 minutes time stamp. If you cannot notice the jail bars your tv is ok. Also, note that turning on the enhanced viewing angle in the picture modes will “mask” these jail bars at a cost of very slight reduction of brightness; almost unnoticeable. The third video is white screen. Look for screen uniformity dark splotches and areas that show yellow and purple hue. I would also search for a video that tests for dead pixels.
Thank you for the reply, sir!
I researched some YT videos like you said and took the following pics. Please let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20191127_163010_1574894120645.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	2646440  
post #1766 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey gentlemen,

Thanks in advance!!

Also, go to you tube, search for dirty screen effect videos and make sure your TV does no show dark splotches and vertical banding (jail bars). You will always notice some as unfortunately it is part of today's TVs and see if you can live with these. Then search for 5% gray scale video and look for the jail bars. As I mentioned, most will have jail bars at some degree, make sure that they are not noticeable in real content. The best torture test is Netflix Marco Polo season one episode 3, 14 – 16 minutes time stamp. If you cannot notice the jail bars your tv is ok. Also, note that turning on the enhanced viewing angle in the picture modes will “maskâ€Â these jail bars at a cost of very slight reduction of brightness; almost unnoticeable. The third video is white screen. Look for screen uniformity dark splotches and areas that show yellow and purple hue. I would also search for a video that tests for dead pixels.
I researched some YT videos like you said and took the following pics. Please let me know what you think.
More pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20191127_162128_1574894149537.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	2646442   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191127_162144_1574894159353.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	2646444   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191127_162212_1574894168352.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2646446   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191127_162239_1574894176410.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	845.9 KB
ID:	2646448   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191127_162310_1574894186913.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	2646450  

post #1767 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey gentlemen,

Thanks in advance!!

Also, go to you tube, search for dirty screen effect videos and make sure your TV does no show dark splotches and vertical banding (jail bars). You will always notice some as unfortunately it is part of today's TVs and see if you can live with these. Then search for 5% gray scale video and look for the jail bars. As I mentioned, most will have jail bars at some degree, make sure that they are not noticeable in real content. The best torture test is Netflix Marco Polo season one episode 3, 14 – 16 minutes time stamp. If you cannot notice the jail bars your tv is ok. Also, note that turning on the enhanced viewing angle in the picture modes will “maskâ€Â these jail bars at a cost of very slight reduction of brightness; almost unnoticeable. The third video is white screen. Look for screen uniformity dark splotches and areas that show yellow and purple hue. I would also search for a video that tests for dead pixels.
More pics.
These pics are going from 5% up to 100%.
post #1768 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Hey gentlemen,

Thanks in advance!!
I'll check tonight but I noticed my PX75 does show the grey tone but when it's not in use (around 10-15 mins of inactivity). I have mine in quick mode, try switching with the eco/quick modes to see if it helps. If you like how your tv looks, I don't think it's a big problem.
post #1769 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Look really good to me. Enhanced viewing angle on or off?
post #1770 of 2218 Old 11-27-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Look really good to me. Enhanced viewing angle on or off?
I'll check that out.
For the pics, I had the the enhanced viewing on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page