2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 503Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1801 of 2211 Old 11-30-2019, 09:12 AM
Member
 
SpinsterSXRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Asante Surprise, AZ
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
has anybody had issues getting Dolby Vision on Xbox one Amazon Prime app? I am only getting HDR10, I get dolby off Netfix and Disney+, but not Amazon, particularly Jack Ryan series. BTW I am not going into how Disney + has fake ass Dolby Vision, just doesn't pop on the Mandelorian.
also BTW I am loving my PQX 75 it's not for everyone if they arre going to nitpik, and again I have an OLED and it's holding it's own with my OLED, could not afford that LG 77 OLED so at 1599 for a 75 OLED look is mighty fine

HT Set Up: Epson Home Cinema 4010 4Ke, Pioneer Elite LX330 Atoms, JBL 7.1 Venue series speakers, Klipsh 150W Sub, Harmony One remote, Xbox One, PS4, Sony UBP- x800. Elite Screen 2:35 ration framed screen, Vizio Quantum PX 75 (living room tv).
SpinsterSXRD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1802 of 2211 Old 11-30-2019, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 946
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinsterSXRD View Post
has anybody had issues getting Dolby Vision on Xbox one Amazon Prime app? I am only getting HDR10, I get dolby off Netfix and Disney+, but not Amazon, particularly Jack Ryan series. BTW I am not going into how Disney + has fake ass Dolby Vision, just doesn't pop on the Mandelorian.
also BTW I am loving my PQX 75 it's not for everyone if they arre going to nitpik, and again I have an OLED and it's holding it's own with my OLED, could not afford that LG 77 OLED so at 1599 for a 75 OLED look is mighty fine
I never got DV on my XBOX 1S Amazon app. Only HDR 10 and since the last vizio firmware update, HDR10+.
SpinsterSXRD and toonj64 like this.
meduzadg is offline  
post #1803 of 2211 Old 11-30-2019, 09:36 PM
Member
 
daviangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman2084 View Post
Atmos isn't working on the Fire TV 4K stick either (DD+ 5.1 is working though).

Vincent Teoh just revealed that the original trilogy on Disney+ is 'fake' HDR (max luminance of 400 nits or less). I really hope they re-grade it in proper HDR for a physical release, but I doubt that'll happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGZmMjPJiAk
Good to know I"m not missing out then using my Vizio that only does 400nits max then to watch Disney+ stuff
daviangel is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1804 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 07:55 AM
Member
 
matt314159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Ordered the PX65-G1 from Costco on Friday. I really wanted the 75" but decided not to spend the extra $600. I did buy the SquareTrade warranty as well, if for no other reason than to help resale value down the road.

I'm so excited to get this and watch season two of Jack Ryan. In a little worried how the panel lottery will go, specifically DSE. I have a Samsung KS8000 that's really good in that regard even if the local dimming is pretty annoying.

I've read over half the thread so far and plan to read the rest while I anxiously await delivery.
matt314159 is offline  
post #1805 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 08:03 AM
Newbie
 
eren28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bought this TV a few days ago and ended up returning it. I have last years vizio p series quantum 2018 version and this new one supposedly has twice the dimming zones and more brightness. But the new 2019 quantum x I got had the worst blooming i've seen, i figured since it had twice as many dimming zones that the blooming would be reduced, but not in my case.

The 2018 model i got last year had a fairly annoying blooming problem but eventually it was reduced over time and got a whole lot better (probably from updates and maybe the tv needed some time to break in?). Now I don't even notice the bloom anymore with my 2018 model.
But this new 2019 model was absolutely way worse. The out of the box colors were terrible compared to last years, I did not get a chance to calibrate this one but it should have been at least decent out of the box. Nobody in the family liked the colors. When watching a soccer game the white midfield line kept slightly flickering in brightness and had a slight bloom which was annoying. The Judder reduction was not all that great either.

Although I will say the grey uniformity was not as bad as some people posted here, there were slightly visible bars but it wasn't on the entire screen, just on the sides. And the back plastic panel cover had a spot in the middle that looked a lot more black then the rest (like it was heated up in that spot too long during manufacturing). The back plastic panel didn't matter to much to me because I would have just hung the tv up anyways but I found it to be odd. None of the unboxing videos had that dark spot on the back.

Overall I think i got a bad panel as well, the quality control at vizio seems to be off these days or I just got really unlucky i guess. So I just returned the TV, which hurt a little because i wanted it to work. The display TV at costco looked a lot better than what I got. But anyways I just ordered a LG C9 OLED just so I don't have to deal with any more blooming issues from that all the other brands/models of Mid and High end non OLED TVs have.
eren28 is offline  
post #1806 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Member
 
Luke Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I'm having a weird color issue. It's like it's not recognizing the correct color space or I don't know what. In various games in SDR it's like a white film layer on the screen, making shadows not very dark and everything a little washed out. Black level set to low helps some but I never had to use that before to have a good picture. Full UHD color is enabled, It happens on PS4 (rgb) and Xbox One (both rgb and ycbcr). If the console is set to rgb and I set tv from auto to ycbcr it helps some but I know that's not a fix. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Luke Davis is offline  
post #1807 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Member
 
volvik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I read that the P659-G1 only has 4K capability on HDMI 1 & 5, aside from the ARC HDMI input, are there any such limitations on the PX65?
volvik is offline  
post #1808 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Member
 
Luke Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
I read that the P659-G1 only has 4K capability on HDMI 1 & 5, aside from the ARC HDMI input, are there any such limitations on the PX65?
The P659 and PX both do 4k on HDMI 1-5 but HDR is only on 1-4. HDMI 5 is 4k and has a faster response time for PC/gaming.
Luke Davis is offline  
post #1809 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Newbie
 
Noam Kedem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy PX75-G1 2019 doesn't display HDR or Dolby Vision content?

Hoping someone can help figure this mystery out...

My setup is -

PX75-G1 2019
Yamaha TSR-7850
Cables are these from Amazon: 8K HDMI Cable 10ft, BIFALE HDMI Cable 2.1 Support [email protected],[email protected], Ultra-high Speed 48Gbps, Dynamic HDR, Dolby Vision, eARC Compatible with Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Roku, Xbox, PS4, Projector-3M (sorry - as a n00b can't post links... my old profile got deleted...) (though I already ordered the Monoprice 18Gbps 28AWG premium certified cables to test just in case...)
Nvidia Shield 2017
Xbox One S

I suspected the Yamaha first (it is set in advanced set up to UHD/4K mode 1 not 2, so that's OK), so I took it out of the loop and connected the Nvidia Shield and the Xbox One directly to the TV using above cables. Trying through Youtube app on both devices, and through Netflix, 4K is displayed ("2160" indicated). When I turn full UHD on for the HDMI input selected on the TV (HDMI 1 - and tried HDMI 2 as well, no luck). Still shows "2160" alright, but says "Normal" and not HDR or Dolby Vision or anything of the sort... and under system information shows HDR: No.

Any idea what might be wrong? I can still replace the PX75-G1 at Costco, but would love to figure this thing out...

Thank you.

Yamaha TSR-7850 + Vizio PX75-G1 2019
Noam Kedem is offline  
post #1810 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Member
 
Luke Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
Hoping someone can help figure this mystery out...

My setup is -

PX75-G1 2019
Yamaha TSR-7850
Cables are these from Amazon: 8K HDMI Cable 10ft, BIFALE HDMI Cable 2.1 Support [email protected],[email protected], Ultra-high Speed 48Gbps, Dynamic HDR, Dolby Vision, eARC Compatible with Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Roku, Xbox, PS4, Projector-3M (sorry - as a n00b can't post links... my old profile got deleted...) (though I already ordered the Monoprice 18Gbps 28AWG premium certified cables to test just in case...)
Nvidia Shield 2017
Xbox One S

I suspected the Yamaha first (it is set in advanced set up to UHD/4K mode 1 not 2, so that's OK), so I took it out of the loop and connected the Nvidia Shield and the Xbox One directly to the TV using above cables. Trying through Youtube app on both devices, and through Netflix, 4K is displayed ("2160" indicated). When I turn full UHD on for the HDMI input selected on the TV (HDMI 1 - and tried HDMI 2 as well, no luck). Still shows "2160" alright, but says "Normal" and not HDR or Dolby Vision or anything of the sort... and under system information shows HDR: No.

Any idea what might be wrong? I can still replace the PX75-G1 at Costco, but would love to figure this thing out...

Thank you.
YouTube only does HDR using the native TV app Netflix might be the same but I'm not sure.
Luke Davis is offline  
post #1811 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Member
 
volvik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Davis View Post
The P659 and PX both do 4k on HDMI 1-5 but HDR is only on 1-4. HDMI 5 is 4k and has a faster response time for PC/gaming.
Thanks...I'm not a videophile so question.....if I use HDMI 4 and the programming is not in HDR what quality am I going to get? I only have a need for two video inputs, one is my cable provider that has a 4k box and my Nvidia Shield 4K. I'll be using the Shield for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Plex/Kodi etc but I want to ensure that I get the best pic quality from shows from both of these sources.

Hope this question makes sense....
volvik is offline  
post #1812 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Member
 
PHHPHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Earlier it was recommended I get a firestick to watch Disney+ on the Vizio. I did and it worked well. Just read in the forum that I'm not getting HDR because I am plugged into HDMI 5. So I moved it over to 4. Now I get all the screens and I get the cartoon serials but I'm only getting the sound on the Marvel movies. Interestingly, when I fast forward, the little box on the position line shows the movie but it will not show on the big screen. Is this a TV issue? Firestick issue? Compatability issue? What should I do?
PHHPHD is offline  
post #1813 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Luke Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Davis View Post
The P659 and PX both do 4k on HDMI 1-5 but HDR is only on 1-4. HDMI 5 is 4k and has a faster response time for PC/gaming.
Thanks...I'm not a videophile so question.....if I use HDMI 4 and the programming is not in HDR what quality am I going to get? I only have a need for two video inputs, one is my cable provider that has a 4k box and my Nvidia Shield 4K. I'll be using the Shield for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Plex/Kodi etc but I want to ensure that I get the best pic quality from shows from both of these sources.

Hope this question makes sense....
You'll still get great quality (up to 2160p) in non HDR content, HDMI 1-4 (not 5) just have the ability to switch to HDR (Dolby Vision, HLG, hdr10 & hdr10+).
volvik likes this.
Luke Davis is offline  
post #1814 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Member
 
Luke Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHHPHD View Post
Earlier it was recommended I get a firestick to watch Disney+ on the Vizio. I did and it worked well. Just read in the forum that I'm not getting HDR because I am plugged into HDMI 5. So I moved it over to 4. Now I get all the screens and I get the cartoon serials but I'm only getting the sound on the Marvel movies. Interestingly, when I fast forward, the little box on the position line shows the movie but it will not show on the big screen. Is this a TV issue? Firestick issue? Compatability issue? What should I do?
I've had this issue before but not using a fire stick. It was an hdmi hdcp handshake issue or something one time and then it also happened with native YouTube app (go figure), I did a soft power cycle and unplugged the power and held down power button and reseated my hdmis. Also if you're casting from a device (phone etc) stop casting, exit and restart that device.
Luke Davis is offline  
post #1815 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 946
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
New issue with my px75. Occessinally when I turn the tv on, the on light comes up but the tv has no image on the screen. The remote becomes unresponsive; I can not control the tv using the on board buttons as well. The only way to remidy it is to unplug the power cable which is very hard to reach the way the set is mounted, wait a bit and plug it back. Have any of you experienced such issue?
meduzadg is offline  
post #1816 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Member
 
PHHPHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHHPHD View Post
Earlier it was recommended I get a firestick to watch Disney+ on the Vizio. I did and it worked well. Just read in the forum that I'm not getting HDR because I am plugged into HDMI 5. So I moved it over to 4. Now I get all the screens and I get the cartoon serials but I'm only getting the sound on the Marvel movies. Interestingly, when I fast forward, the little box on the position line shows the movie but it will not show on the big screen. Is this a TV issue? Firestick issue? Compatability issue? What should I do?
Ok, for all new uses. After moving the firestick, I had to tell the Vizio that HDMI 4 was 4K and HDR. Then I had to reset the Firestick because it still thought it had to send a 1080p signal. Once everyone knew that I wanted 4K, it all worked. For the first time I saw the Dolby vision signal in the upper right corner. Played Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and all I can say is Wow. Now I know why people want this TV to be perfect. The picture is great. Much much better than my Samsung downstairs. It's a keeper for me. Blooming, Jailbars -- minor or non existent with real content. Dish network hockey is the only real problem with jailbars, but it is still minor. I am seen more banding than I would like but even that doesn't hurt real content when I'm into the movie or show.
leigh13 likes this.
PHHPHD is offline  
post #1817 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
Hoping someone can help figure this mystery out...

My setup is -

PX75-G1 2019
Yamaha TSR-7850
Cables are these from Amazon: 8K HDMI Cable 10ft, BIFALE HDMI Cable 2.1 Support [email protected],[email protected], Ultra-high Speed 48Gbps, Dynamic HDR, Dolby Vision, eARC Compatible with Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Roku, Xbox, PS4, Projector-3M (sorry - as a n00b can't post links... my old profile got deleted...) (though I already ordered the Monoprice 18Gbps 28AWG premium certified cables to test just in case...)
Nvidia Shield 2017
Xbox One S

I suspected the Yamaha first (it is set in advanced set up to UHD/4K mode 1 not 2, so that's OK), so I took it out of the loop and connected the Nvidia Shield and the Xbox One directly to the TV using above cables. Trying through Youtube app on both devices, and through Netflix, 4K is displayed ("2160" indicated). When I turn full UHD on for the HDMI input selected on the TV (HDMI 1 - and tried HDMI 2 as well, no luck). Still shows "2160" alright, but says "Normal" and not HDR or Dolby Vision or anything of the sort... and under system information shows HDR: No.

Any idea what might be wrong? I can still replace the PX75-G1 at Costco, but would love to figure this thing out...

Thank you.
Only Netflix and Disney do Dolby Vision on XBox. Amazon Prime only does HDR10.

YouTube doesn’t support HDR at all. It even doesn’t do 4K on Xbox One S. It does only 4K on Xbox one X. I don’t think google is willing to support it anytime soon. Screw Goog.

Use native apps or FireTV when necessary.
maxkirkiri is offline  
post #1818 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHHPHD View Post
Ok, for all new uses. After moving the firestick, I had to tell the Vizio that HDMI 4 was 4K and HDR. Then I had to reset the Firestick because it still thought it had to send a 1080p signal. Once everyone knew that I wanted 4K, it all worked. For the first time I saw the Dolby vision signal in the upper right corner. Played Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and all I can say is Wow. Now I know why people want this TV to be perfect. The picture is great. Much much better than my Samsung downstairs. It's a keeper for me. Blooming, Jailbars -- minor or non existent with real content. Dish network hockey is the only real problem with jailbars, but it is still minor. I am seen more banding than I would like but even that doesn't hurt real content when I'm into the movie or show.
Another thing if you are new to FireTV is check your settings for Display. Set the resolution to Auto and HDR setting to Adaptive rather than Always. If you use Always what I observed is FireTV displays everything as Dolby Vision and it gets needlessly bright even for SDR content, if that’s not your thing.
maxkirkiri is offline  
post #1819 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Newbie
 
Noam Kedem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkirkiri View Post
Only Netflix and Disney do Dolby Vision on XBox. Amazon Prime only does HDR10.

YouTube doesn’t support HDR at all. It even doesn’t do 4K on Xbox One S. It does only 4K on Xbox one X. I don’t think google is willing to support it anytime soon. Screw Goog.

Use native apps or FireTV when necessary.
Thank you - I will try one of these apps and update.
I know that Netflix on Xbox One gave me a black screen on the Vizio until I turned UHD off for HDMI 1...
What's a sure source to test whether HDR or Dolby Vision actually works on my Vizio (and between my Yamaha and my Vizio)? A game on Xbox One? Amazon Prime?
I just want to know if my cables actually carry the signal properly...

Yamaha TSR-7850 + Vizio PX75-G1 2019
Noam Kedem is offline  
post #1820 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Member
 
djsinco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
New issue with my px75. Occessinally when I turn the tv on, the on light comes up but the tv has no image on the screen. The remote becomes unresponsive; I can not control the tv using the on board buttons as well. The only way to remidy it is to unplug the power cable which is very hard to reach the way the set is mounted, wait a bit and plug it back. Have any of you experienced such issue?
I have had my 75PX about a week. I have had 2 seizures similar to what you describe. Both times it started when I went to Menu, Timers, then when I hit "Blank Screen" my picture froze and became unresponsive to the remote. Each time the TV powered off on its own after about 20 - 30 seconds.

I am on current firmware, 4.0.20.3.

I like to use blank screen when I am out of the room for a longer period of time, or streaming music...

I hope this is not a trend...
djsinco is offline  
post #1821 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
stash64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Packer country
Posts: 1,743
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 233
^
This happened once for me after just 1 week of ownership. Blank screen and no function from remote. I also pulled the plug and then it worked as normal after plugging back in.

Sean
stash64 is offline  
post #1822 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Member
 
Luke Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsinco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
New issue with my px75. Occessinally when I turn the tv on, the on light comes up but the tv has no image on the screen. The remote becomes unresponsive; I can not control the tv using the on board buttons as well. The only way to remidy it is to unplug the power cable which is very hard to reach the way the set is mounted, wait a bit and plug it back. Have any of you experienced such issue?
I have had my 75PX about a week. I have had 2 seizures similar to what you describe. Both times it started when I went to Menu, Timers, then when I hit "Blank Screen" my picture froze and became unresponsive to the remote. Each time the TV powered off on its own after about 20 - 30 seconds.

I am on current firmware, 4.0.20.3.

I like to use blank screen when I am out of the room for a longer period of time, or streaming music...

I hope this is not a trend...
Mine did the same on blank screen, so I just use Xbox to stream Spotify and turn the TV off (assuming you have an avr).
Luke Davis is offline  
post #1823 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Newbie
 
Noam Kedem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Update on HDR / DV with Vizio PX75-G1 + Shield, Xbox + TSR-7850 Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
Thank you - I will try one of these apps and update.
I know that Netflix on Xbox One gave me a black screen on the Vizio until I turned UHD off for HDMI 1...
What's a sure source to test whether HDR or Dolby Vision actually works on my Vizio (and between my Yamaha and my Vizio)? A game on Xbox One? Amazon Prime?
I just want to know if my cables actually carry the signal properly...
Seems like I can get HDR10 from Amazon Prime on Xbox One with the Xbox video settings as follows: Color Depth 12-bit (but not with 10-bit or 8-bit!); Allow YCC 4:2:2 unchecked (checked delivers a blank black screen, no signal)... (attached photos)
Netflix doesn't like these settings on Xbox, and the Allow Dolby Vision has to be checked off for the screen not to go black...

Shield allows Netflix & Amazon Prime at HDR10. No Dolby Vision supported with Shield AFAIK...

Is it all supposed to be so finicky and touchy? Is this unique to this Vizio TV, or would Samsung RU series cause the same headaches?

Thanks for helping!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191201_182144.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	648.1 KB
ID:	2648286   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191201_182159.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	652.3 KB
ID:	2648288  

Yamaha TSR-7850 + Vizio PX75-G1 2019
Noam Kedem is offline  
post #1824 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Member
 
Luke Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
Thank you - I will try one of these apps and update.
I know that Netflix on Xbox One gave me a black screen on the Vizio until I turned UHD off for HDMI 1...
What's a sure source to test whether HDR or Dolby Vision actually works on my Vizio (and between my Yamaha and my Vizio)? A game on Xbox One? Amazon Prime?
I just want to know if my cables actually carry the signal properly...
Seems like I can get HDR10 from Amazon Prime on Xbox One with the Xbox video settings as follows: Color Depth 12-bit (but not with 10-bit or 8-bit!); Allow YCC 4:2:2 unchecked (checked delivers a blank black screen, no signal)... (attached photos)
Netflix doesn't like these settings on Xbox, and the Allow Dolby Vision has to be checked off for the screen not to go black...

Shield allows Netflix & Amazon Prime at HDR10. No Dolby Vision supported with Shield AFAIK...

Is it all supposed to be so finicky and touchy? Is this unique to this Vizio TV, or would Samsung RU series cause the same headaches?

Thanks for helping!!
The input might just be finicky, what happens when you enable full UHD color on the input Xbox is on and shows the dash? Still a blank screen? With auto detect enabled Xbox will automatically change from 8-bit for games to a different bit for HDR, so you should just leave it.
Luke Davis is offline  
post #1825 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Newbie
 
Noam Kedem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Davis View Post
The input might just be finicky, what happens when you enable full UHD color on the input Xbox is on and shows the dash? Still a blank screen? With auto detect enabled Xbox will automatically change from 8-bit for games to a different bit for HDR, so you should just leave it.
Thanks!
Not sure I follow "what happens when you enable full UHD color on the input Xbox is on and shows the dash?"
I will leave things as they are for now, but I am worried maybe I have a defective TV that needs to be returned, am I just worried for naught?

Yamaha TSR-7850 + Vizio PX75-G1 2019
Noam Kedem is offline  
post #1826 of 2211 Old 12-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eren28 View Post
Bought this TV a few days ago and ended up returning it. I have last years vizio p series quantum 2018 version and this new one supposedly has twice the dimming zones and more brightness. But the new 2019 quantum x I got had the worst blooming i've seen, i figured since it had twice as many dimming zones that the blooming would be reduced, but not in my case.

The 2018 model i got last year had a fairly annoying blooming problem but eventually it was reduced over time and got a whole lot better (probably from updates and maybe the tv needed some time to break in?). Now I don't even notice the bloom anymore with my 2018 model.
But this new 2019 model was absolutely way worse. The out of the box colors were terrible compared to last years, I did not get a chance to calibrate this one but it should have been at least decent out of the box. Nobody in the family liked the colors. When watching a soccer game the white midfield line kept slightly flickering in brightness and had a slight bloom which was annoying. The Judder reduction was not all that great either.

Although I will say the grey uniformity was not as bad as some people posted here, there were slightly visible bars but it wasn't on the entire screen, just on the sides. And the back plastic panel cover had a spot in the middle that looked a lot more black then the rest (like it was heated up in that spot too long during manufacturing). The back plastic panel didn't matter to much to me because I would have just hung the tv up anyways but I found it to be odd. None of the unboxing videos had that dark spot on the back.

Overall I think i got a bad panel as well, the quality control at vizio seems to be off these days or I just got really unlucky i guess. So I just returned the TV, which hurt a little because i wanted it to work. The display TV at costco looked a lot better than what I got. But anyways I just ordered a LG C9 OLED just so I don't have to deal with any more blooming issues from that all the other brands/models of Mid and High end non OLED TVs have.
I upgraded from the 2018 P-Series myself and thought the exact same thing. I remember when there was light bleed to the black bars in movies and a lot of blooming for a while and then I guessed via update it was resolved. I hope they do the same for the Quantum X because I got a friggin' great panel at 75" and the blooming is the only thing that sucks about it. Hope Vizio sees this, I wanted to post this today and you beat me to it, glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed that fix in the 2018 model.
MrLuisi is offline  
post #1827 of 2211 Old 12-02-2019, 04:56 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkirkiri View Post
Only Netflix and Disney do Dolby Vision on XBox. Amazon Prime only does HDR10.

YouTube doesn’t support HDR at all. It even doesn’t do 4K on Xbox One S. It does only 4K on Xbox one X. I don’t think google is willing to support it anytime soon. Screw Goog.

Use native apps or FireTV when necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
Seems like I can get HDR10 from Amazon Prime on Xbox One with the Xbox video settings as follows: Color Depth 12-bit (but not with 10-bit or 8-bit!); Allow YCC 4:2:2 unchecked (checked delivers a blank black screen, no signal)... (attached photos)
Netflix doesn't like these settings on Xbox, and the Allow Dolby Vision has to be checked off for the screen not to go black...

Shield allows Netflix & Amazon Prime at HDR10. No Dolby Vision supported with Shield AFAIK...

Is it all supposed to be so finicky and touchy? Is this unique to this Vizio TV, or would Samsung RU series cause the same headaches?

Thanks for helping!!

I don't think I understand what is finicky here. If you mean the interactions with Shield and Xbox, Vizio is good and others maybe worse. If your streaming sources can't support some formats it's not the tvs problem. Vizio is the only tv which support all the formats of the HDR( HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision). That means that if the input to PX supports and pass through these formats, the PX will display them and also display them great. Your Tv shows a subset of what it supports and what the streaming input supports and Vizio is the best in it.


PS: The Samsungs won't display Dolby Vision at all
maxkirkiri is offline  
post #1828 of 2211 Old 12-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Member
 
leigh13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
4K formats with Vizio PX75-G1 and Yamaha AVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
My setup is -

PX75-G1 2019
Yamaha TSR-7850
Cables are these from Amazon: 8K HDMI Cable 10ft, BIFALE HDMI Cable 2.1 Support [email protected],[email protected], Ultra-high Speed 48Gbps, Dynamic HDR, Dolby Vision, eARC Compatible with Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Roku, Xbox, PS4, [...]

I suspected the Yamaha first (it is set in advanced set up to UHD/4K mode 1 not 2, so that's OK), so I took it out of the loop and connected the Nvidia Shield and the Xbox One directly to the TV using above cables. Trying through Youtube app on both devices, and through Netflix, 4K is displayed ("2160" indicated). When I turn full UHD on for the HDMI input selected on the TV (HDMI 1 - and tried HDMI 2 as well, no luck). Still shows "2160" alright, but says "Normal" and not HDR or Dolby Vision or anything of the sort... and under system information shows HDR: No.
I have the PX75-G1 with a Yamaha RX-V683. The TSR-7850 is roughly the same as the RX-V685 so I would imagine both our AVRs have similar specs and firmware. I know with the latest 2.70 firmware on my RX-V683 it is supposed to pass through 4K @ 60Hz, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision and support eARC for hi-res audio back from the TV (though the Vizio only supports regular ARC at this time.)

Figuring out all the different video formats and options has been difficult, and from my testing it's clear I have more issues when running through the AVR.

I have had the best luck getting the most video and audio format support using the native SmartCast apps:

* YouTube: 4K, HDR10
* Netflix: 4K, Dolby Vision, DD+ 5.1 via ARC (no Atmos)
* Amazon Prime Video: 4K, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, DD+ 5.1, DD+ ATMOS via ARC

The built-in Chromecast has been limiting, however. Casting YouTube or Disney+ from my phone seems to max out at 720p with no HDR support. And audio limited to PCM stereo, I believe.

Using the apps on the Fire Stick 4K, I lose any HDR on YouTube. But I can get 4K HDR with Dolby Vision in Disney+. The Disney+ app still does not appear to support Atmos though.


Further testing shows I have issues trying to get any 4K @ 60Hz signal from the AVR to my Vizio TV. I just bought a new 6' Monoprice certified HDMI cable with 18Gbps bandwidth for the connection from the AVR to the Mediabridge wall plate. In the wall I have a 15' Blue Rigger also rated for 18Gbps and claiming to support 4K HDR @ 60Hz. However, I cannot get the Fire Stick 4K to pass 4K @ 60Hz consistently when going through the in-wall cables. (It did work for a day, but the next morning it was back to "no signal" with the Fire Stick 4K set to 2160p.

Mediabridge posted this response to a question asking if 4K video will work through the wall plate:

Quote:
TL;DR - The Mediabridge HDMI Wall Plate will not be the limiting factor to achieve 4K. We've tested this and other customer reviews prove they can support 4K. The bigger question is whether your devices will still work in 4K after adding this wall plate and a second cable to your setup.

Longer Answer:
There is no such thing as an HDMI certified coupler or a 4K certified coupler. These are passive connectors that link 2 HDMI cables together. The cables have to have the right length (length is the biggest factor), gauge and quality to be able to pass 4K. But most importantly, your source device (ie: streaming player, set-top-box, etc..) must be able to send the 4K signal across this cable-coupler-cable configuration. Then your display device (ie: TV, Projector, etc..) must be able to receive the 4K signal over this length and combination of connections as well.
In other words, these HDMI couplers installed in this Mediabridge HDMI Wall Plate will not be the limiting factors to your 4K experience. However simply adding a cable to the setup instead of having a straight run from device to device may be enough to disrupt the 4K connection. HDMI 2.0 and [email protected] is a touchy thing and the more you add to the setup, the less likely you are to achieve it. Hoewever, we have seen and heard reports from customers that it is possible to achieve [email protected] with this wall plate and we have seen it in our own tests as well. Therefore, we can safely say these Mediabridge HDMI Wall Plates support (as in, do not inhibit) 4K but just like any other HDMI coupler, we can't guarantee it will work with all setups.

Thanks,
Mediabridge Customer Support
856-216-8222
[email protected]
So, according to Mediabridge, the more cables/adapters/distance you put between your source device and your display, the more difficult it is to get a reliable 4K @ 60Hz signal. And that's absolutely been my experience. A 6' HDMI -> Wallmount Coupler -> 15' in-wall HDMI appears to be too much to get it working. If I plug my AVR HDMI out directly to the TV and bypass the in-wall cables, everything works at 4K 60Hz.

I still have further testing to do but I'm hoping to find a way to get everything working through the AVR. I can use the Fire Stick 4K hooked up to the TV on HDMI4 and send the audio back via ARC, but that complicates the switching between different devices and I'd like to keep everything as simple as possible. For the time being I have the Fire Stick 4K output set to 1080p and it still supports all the available HDR formats. To me that's more important than 4K because I have a hard time seeing the difference at 10' anyway. :P

Vizio PX75-G1 | Yamaha RX-V683 | 5.1.2 Micca in-wall surround speakers

Last edited by leigh13; 12-02-2019 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Fixed firmware version
leigh13 is offline  
post #1829 of 2211 Old 12-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm glad I keep things simple. Fire Stick 4K, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch no problems whatsoever, so far. I'm only interested in stereo audio, though which obviously makes things infinitely easier.

I think I'm going to mount a Lepai 2020TI behind the TV to power some DCM bookshelf speakers and add in a powered sub later on. I'll just use the analog out from the TV and use the TV as a pre-amp. Better than a sound bar, if nothing else.



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
IngoTheBarbarian is offline  
post #1830 of 2211 Old 12-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Member
 
volvik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Well this new PX, which should arrive in a couple of days, will be replacing my 5 year old Vizio D650i-C3 so I'm sure hoping to have some improvements. It'll be used with the new Nvidia Shield Pro and just a sound bar and I don't have the critical eye of the more videophile owner so 'if' there's any panel anomalies I hopefully won't see them.
volvik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off