2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 431Likes

post #1831 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh13 View Post
I have the PX75-G1 with a Yamaha RX-V683. The TSR-7850 is roughly the same as the RX-V685 so I would imagine both our AVRs have similar specs and firmware. I know with the latest 1.70 firmware on my RX-V683 it is supposed to pass through 4K @ 60Hz, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision and support eARC for hi-res audio back from the TV (though the Vizio only supports regular ARC at this time.)
I also have the TSR-7850. HDR10+ support would be fantastic. Where did you read that your 683 can now support it? Does it work?

I really wish our Vizio TV's would support eArc, or could be updated to support them.

Last edited by thrustbucket; 12-02-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkirkiri View Post
Only Netflix and Disney do Dolby Vision on XBox. Amazon Prime only does HDR10.

YouTube doesn’t support HDR at all. It even doesn’t do 4K on Xbox One S. It does only 4K on Xbox one X. I don’t think google is willing to support it anytime soon. Screw Goog.

Use native apps or FireTV when necessary.
Thank you.
I find SmartCast native apps are really slow compared with Xbox & Shield... but that's good to know.

Yamaha TSR-7850 + Vizio PX75-G1 2019
post #1833 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Davis View Post
The input might just be finicky, what happens when you enable full UHD color on the input Xbox is on and shows the dash? Still a blank screen? With auto detect enabled Xbox will automatically change from 8-bit for games to a different bit for HDR, so you should just leave it.
Being a n00b I can't reply to PMs yet
That said, I did try switching to UHD on after being on the right screen on Xbox, and the result is the same... "no signal" message on a blank screen...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Kedem View Post
Being a n00b I can't reply to PMs yet
That said, I did try switching to UHD on after being on the right screen on Xbox, and the result is the same... "no signal" message on a blank screen...
I have the same receiver as you, and same TV. And an Xbox one X. Dolby Vision works fine for me from xbox.

If you are certain that you have high quality cables, and you are certain your input for the Xbox is set to full UHD color, and certain that it's not plugged into HDMI 5, then it sounds defective to me.

Does dolby vision work on the netflix app built into the tv?

If so, I would try the xbox on all 1-4 HDMI ports with full UHD turned on. If no worky, then it's got to be defective. Although, this would be the first time I have heard of only DV not working.
post #1835 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
I have the same receiver as you, and same TV. And an Xbox one X. Dolby Vision works fine for me from xbox.

If you are certain that you have high quality cables, and you are certain your input for the Xbox is set to full UHD color, and certain that it's not plugged into HDMI 5, then it sounds defective to me.

Does dolby vision work on the netflix app built into the tv?

If so, I would try the xbox on all 1-4 HDMI ports with full UHD turned on. If no worky, then it's got to be defective. Although, this would be the first time I have heard of only DV not working.
Thanks!
I am on Xbox One S, so that might be one difference... I am plugged to HDMI 1, but also tried HDMI 2. Am aware of HDMI 5 being limited.
I will have new cables to test tomorrow and will check to see the results.

post #1836 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A couple of home theater - video calibration reviews

I love reading the reviews from video calibration experts, who analyze TVs for a living.

Here are 2 very positive reviews that I came across and I thought that I would share:

https://hometheaterreview.com/vizio-...t-tv-reviewed/

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...-hd-tv-review/

I ordered the PX65 on Friday from Costco and I look forward to seeing for myself.
dwaleke and volvik like this.
post #1837 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
I also have the TSR-7850. HDR10+ support would be fantastic. Where did you read that your 683 can now support it? Does it work?

I really wish our Vizio TV's would support eArc, or could be updated to support them.
My mistake--I did not test HDR10+ through the receiver as I didn't have a source capable of it until I got the Fire Stick 4K. I'll follow up if I get a chance to try.

In the meantime, I'm trying to see if I can rollback the RX-V683 from 2.70 firmware to 2.65 and hopefully fix some of the CEC glitches I have been experiencing.

Also, for anyone who has been having issues with HDR output from an XBox One through a Yamaha AVR, you may want to try the steps outlined here: https://medium.com/@LtRoyalShrimp_31...n-b60902a6287d

Vizio PX75-G1 | Yamaha RX-V683 | 5.1.2 Micca in-wall surround speakers

Last edited by leigh13; 12-02-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added link
post #1838 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
ARC for smart apps through receiver?

Anyone using HDMI 1 ARC to play the built in apps/smartcast through your surround sound system? I tried the setup from a video describing how to set it up, but I get nothing but some clicking and periodic white noise. Using a Denon AVR-x2000. Using Monoprice Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YCbCr 4:4:4, 15ft, Black. Also just figured out that even though my receiver says it passes 4k through, it really doesn't (not HDCP 2.2 certified) so I can't use my roku stick + for 4k content.
post #1839 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcrossl View Post
Anyone using HDMI 1 ARC to play the built in apps/smartcast through your surround sound system? I tried the setup from a video describing how to set it up, but I get nothing but some clicking and periodic white noise. Using a Denon AVR-x2000. Using Monoprice Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YCbCr 4:4:4, 15ft, Black. Also just figured out that even though my receiver says it passes 4k through, it really doesn't (not HDCP 2.2 certified) so I can't use my roku stick + for 4k content.
I'm guessing that isn't an Atmos compatible receiver, because I had the same experience. You need to change the audio output to Dolby Digital from Auto.
ejcrossl likes this.
post #1840 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Quote:
The input might just be finicky, what happens when you enable full UHD color on the input Xbox is on and shows the dash? Still a blank screen? With auto detect enabled Xbox will automatically change from 8-bit for games to a different bit for HDR, so you should just leave it.
Being a n00b I can't reply to PMs yet [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I just noticed you have enable 50hz checked, that's unnecessary if you're in the USA. Also you have standard setting, did you ever try switching to RGB? That might fix enabling full UHD color.
ejcrossl likes this.
post #1841 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
On the TV under system -> cec I set it to ARC only unless you want cec then set to enabled. In the tv audio options I use bitstream auto caused me problems, but might work for you. I only get 2 channel pcm from the tv anyway (which is normal I think since no earc. Then speakers select off. On your avr enable whatever the arc settings are and use the tv input or whatever your arc input is called.
ejcrossl likes this.
post #1842 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhnie View Post
Quote:
I'm guessing that isn't an Atmos compatible receiver, because I had the same experience. You need to change the audio output to Dolby Digital from Auto.
Wait.... please correct me because now I'm confused. You won't be able to get HD audio but you can still get 4k video using ARC if you connect the Roku to the TV right?
I ordered the px from the Costco deal and have the Denon avr-x2100w from 2014 which also doesn't have hdcp2.2 but I was under the impression that I'll still be ok for 4k content if I use ARC & connect Roku, firestick etc to the TV inputs.

We primarily use Roku & firestick to watch Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, twitch. And use the Xbox for bluray. I've been incessantly reading and thought I have a good grasp of what's needed for 4k but for every one thing I finally understand there's a rabbit hole of 5 more things I need to read about 😩 Am I really needing to be in the market for a new AVR? is trueHD / DTS-HDMA even offered via streaming apps? I always thought you can only get it via bluray (legally). I'm embarrassed to be asking these questions but I'm just now starting to come out from 2014 apparently
ejcrossl likes this.
post #1843 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieburg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Wait.... please correct me because now I'm confused. You won't be able to get HD audio but you can still get 4k video using ARC if you connect the Roku to the TV right?
I ordered the px from the Costco deal and have the Denon avr-x2100w from 2014 which also doesn't have hdcp2.2 but I was under the impression that I'll still be ok for 4k content if I use ARC & connect Roku, firestick etc to the TV inputs.

We primarily use Roku & firestick to watch Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, twitch. And use the Xbox for bluray. I've been incessantly reading and thought I have a good grasp of what's needed for 4k but for every one thing I finally understand there's a rabbit hole of 5 more things I need to read about 😩 Am I really needing to be in the market for a new AVR? is trueHD / DTS-HDMA even offered via streaming apps? I always thought you can only get it via bluray (legally). I'm embarrassed to be asking these questions but I'm just now starting to come out from 2014 apparently
Yes, you can get 4k/HDR from fire stick but the TV doesn't have eARC so it doesn't output the higher audio formats. I leave the audio setting at bitstream and can still get DD or DTS though through certain apps. I think it also does DD+ but I have to test it again using Vudu. If you set it to pcm it's only 2 channel stereo.
post #1844 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I have the PX75-g1 and a SB4551-D5 soundbar. The SB is connected to my TV on HDMI 1 (ARC). I’m thinking of replacing the SB with the new SB4651-F6. I also have a FireTV Cube connected to HDMI 3 (blu-ray is on HDMI 2). Here’s my question. Using the internal apps on TV or the Fire Cube will they be able to pass dolby atmos via ARC? I guess what it boils down to is will the TV pass the dolby atmos to the soundbar that’s connected to HDMI 1 (ARC)?

Vizio M75-C1 Go Big or Go Home
post #1845 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Thanks!
I am on Xbox One S, so that might be one difference... I am plugged to HDMI 1, but also tried HDMI 2. Am aware of HDMI 5 being limited.
I will have new cables to test tomorrow and will check to see the results.
I had this problem with all sources through my processor. Waited until the new firmware came out to see if that fixed it and still no luck. Since the system worked fine with my older P75-C1, asked Vizio for an exchange. The new tv works fine.

So there is a possibility your tv's hdmi processing is defective.
post #1846 of 1900 Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 PM

Red face Mystery solved...

Quote:
I just noticed you have enable 50hz checked, that's unnecessary if you're in the USA. Also you have standard setting, did you ever try switching to RGB? That might fix enabling full UHD color.
Thank you Luke and others who have tried to help. Mystery solved.

So, the reason I had finicky content issues with the Vizio PX75-G1 is twofold...

1) The cables recommended on Amazon (8K HDMI Cable 3ft, BIFALE HDMI Cable 2.1 Support [email protected],[email protected], Ultra-high Speed 48Gbps, Dynamic HDR, Dolby Vision, eARC) were not great. Monoprice Premium Certified (Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI Cable - 6 Feet - Black, [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YUV 4:4:4, Dual Video Stream) did the first part of the trick. Definitely better.

2) The in-wall cable that was put in it last year by my tech guy isn't up to snuff... it's 4K alright, but not 18Gbps/HDR capable... so when I connected the Monoprice cable directly from the Yamaha 7850 to the Vizio, things lit up big time. HDR10 no problem with Amazon Prime on Xbox (though that was possible even before the cable switch); Dolby Vision no problem via Netflix on Xbox - no hiccups, no issues. Stunning view, really. So now I need the tech guy to come and replace the cable he only laid out last year... I think I might ask him to put CAT6+adapters so I don't have to call him again next time there's a new standard like 8K UHDR or whatever that may be called

So thanks again all.

post #1847 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, you can get 4k/HDR from fire stick but the TV doesn't have eARC so it doesn't output the higher audio formats. I leave the audio setting at bitstream and can still get DD or DTS though through certain apps. I think it also does DD+ but I have to test it again using Vudu. If you set it to pcm it's only 2 channel stereo.
Thank you! Ok so, if I was to upgrade the AVR to one that has hdcp2.2 would it even matter since the tv doesn't have eARC? I could in theory run everything through the AVR instead and not use ARC right?
post #1848 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Thank you! Ok so, if I was to upgrade the AVR to one that has hdcp2.2 would it even matter since the tv doesn't have eARC? I could in theory run everything through the AVR instead and not use ARC right?
If you run everything through the receiver to the TV then arc would only be used for the TV's built in apps. So yes, you'd get the best audio quality if you have everything plugged into the new avr.
post #1849 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 07:17 AM

Audio output formats via ARC

Quote:
If you run everything through the receiver to the TV then arc would only be used for the TV's built in apps. So yes, you'd get the best audio quality if you have everything plugged into the new avr.
Correct, this is how I have things configured with my Yamaha RX-V683 AVR:
  • AVR HDMI-1: Fire Stick 4K
  • AVR HDMI-2: Samsung Blu-Ray
  • AVR HDMI-3: XBox 360
  • AVR HDMI-4: PS3
  • AVR HDMI-5: Xfinity Cable Box
All of this pipes from the HDMI-out on the receiver to HDMI 1/ARC on the Vizio. I use the AVR to switch between sources, and it's been getting better having CEC take care of that automatically (i.e., press the HOME button on the Fire Stick remote and it turns on the TV and the AVR and switches the AVR to HDMI-1. Since the receiver supports 4K/60Hz passthrough including Dolby Vision and HDR10, those all come through to the TV just fine.

If I use the SmartCast apps on the Vizio, the receiver automatically switches over to the TV audio via ARC. The only difference is I no longer see the OSD (on-screen display) from the receiver because it is no longer passing any video. The TV audio via ARC is Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) at best, which can deliver a Dolby Atmos soundtrack (I have tested it using Jack Ryan 4K on Amazon Prime in SmartCast.) It may also support DTS but I haven't had any sources to do so yet.

post #1850 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Thank you Luke and others who have tried to help. Mystery solved.

2) The in-wall cable that was put in it last year by my tech guy isn't up to snuff... it's 4K alright, but not 18Gbps/HDR capable... so when I connected the Monoprice cable directly from the Yamaha 7850 to the Vizio, things lit up big time. HDR10 no problem with Amazon Prime on Xbox (though that was possible even before the cable switch); Dolby Vision no problem via Netflix on Xbox - no hiccups, no issues. Stunning view, really. So now I need the tech guy to come and replace the cable he only laid out last year... I think I might ask him to put CAT6+adapters so I don't have to call him again next time there's a new standard like 8K UHDR or whatever that may be called
Whatever you do, make sure you TEST the output from the new cable BEFORE pulling it through the wall. And do so with the exact same signal chain you'll have in the end. From my experience, every additional foot of cable or connector/coupler degrades your chances of getting a clean 4K @ 60Hz HDR signal. So if you get a new 15' HDMI cable to pull through the wall, test it first with the exact same setup to make sure it can make the 4K connection over that distance.

post #1851 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:

If your AVR doesn't support HDCP2.2 I'm not sure if ARC will work over HDMI. But you should be able to use the optical/SPDIF digital output on the Vizio and send audio to your AVR that way. With Bitstream output, your AVR should be able to decode DD5.1 or DD+ surround formats coming from the SmartCast apps on the TV or another device plugged into HDMI-2-3-4-5 on the TV.

Further, if you have other sources like a Roku, you can plug them directly into the other HDMI inputs on the TV and it should pass the surround audio to your AVR via ARC or optical. You care correct that Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA (uncompressed audio) are not used for any streaming apps. Even if they were, only a TV with eARC support would be able to pass them through--ARC only has enough bandwidth for Dolby Digital Plus (compressed 5.1 and beyond, though not as compressed as DD AC-3 5.1 as you might find on a DVD.)

If you have a Blu-Ray player and want to get TrueHD or DTS-HD MA audio to your AVR, it will likely only be possible if your Blu-Ray player has dual HDMI outputs so you could send one to the AVR for audio and another to the TV for video. Again, plugging the Blu-Ray directly to the TV will get you video, but the TV will not pass those advanced audio formats via ARC. Check out this page for an overview of DTS-HD Master Audio.

post #1852 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
I have the PX75-g1 and a SB4551-D5 soundbar. The SB is connected to my TV on HDMI 1 (ARC). I’m thinking of replacing the SB with the new SB4651-F6. I also have a FireTV Cube connected to HDMI 3 (blu-ray is on HDMI 2). Here’s my question. Using the internal apps on TV or the Fire Cube will they be able to pass dolby atmos via ARC? I guess what it boils down to is will the TV pass the dolby atmos to the soundbar that’s connected to HDMI 1 (ARC)?
Yes, the TV will pass Dolby Atmos to your soundbar via ARC if the audio is a Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) stream as might be found on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or Disney+.

Keep in mind that the height effect from Atmos on a soundbar is going to be limited, at best.
toonj64 likes this.

post #1853 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
If your desire is to get a perfect TV then you should also expect to pay waaaaay more than $1600 (or the $3500 MSRP for that matter) for it. Just look how much a professional HDR grading monitor costs -- it's at least an order of magnitude greater than what the consumer is paying. If you can't afford to cough up the big bucks, you'll just have to accept something that's less than perfect.

In order for manufacturers to hit consumer-level price points compromises have to be made. Compromises are not defects. Look at reviews - they all say there is panel-to-panel variance. That said, I actually believe that you got a few bad TVs. But it is literally impossible for you to have gotten NINE bad TVs. Considering how many TVs you've been through, you should know better than anyone that no TV is perfect.

One other thing...if you think you're sticking it to The Man by returning tons of TVs, you're not. But if that's what it takes for you to justify your behavior, then ok...I guess. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]
Yes, just driving up manufacturers costs, which in turn will eventually have to be passed onto customers by increasing selling price on future TV's.
If they want to remain budget friendly they will have to up their quality control unless replacing bad units is cheaper.

Hopefully the extra cost comes with better quality and not just more returns in the future.
meduzadg likes this.
post #1854 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:

I have a tsr-5830 and it doesnt pass HDR10+ to my PX65. Dolby vision passes just fine.
post #1855 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

After playing quite a few hours of HDR games on PC (Nvidia card), I'm still unsure what the proper settings are for these vizios.

I cant set my card to RGB (limited or full), 4:2:0 12 bit, 4:2:2 8bit, 4:4:4 (dont remember if I cant toggle limited/full).
I also think that the TV may not switch color space properly (be that on auto or manual selection) when using RGB vs YCbCr

Some of these settings give weird results but it doesnt seem to affect all games.

Overall, things look great most of the time but there are dark areas that seem washed out with elevated grays that should look more black in my opinion.

Do keep in mind that Im talking windows 10 in HDR. Settings that work fine in SDR don't always work out in HDR, at least that's my experience so far.

BTW, jedi fallen order on PC using HDR is eyeball melting and mind blowing!! Certain times of day, weather/sky conditions in RDR2 are just amazing.

Last edited by toonj64; 12-03-2019 at 11:13 AM.
post #1856 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have had the best luck getting the most video and audio format support using the native SmartCast apps:

* YouTube: 4K, HDR10
* Netflix: 4K, Dolby Vision, DD+ 5.1 via ARC (no Atmos)
* Amazon Prime Video: 4K, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, DD+ 5.1, DD+ ATMOS via ARC

The built-in Chromecast has been limiting, however. Casting YouTube or Disney+ from my phone seems to max out at 720p with no HDR support. And audio limited to PCM stereo, I believe.
This is what I have been saying for a while and folks keep telling me "buy a streamer!" but all of them have stupid limitations. The fire stick I got has constant audio drops no matter what I do, no atmos on Netflix nor Disney+

To your list you can add HLG to Youtube, Vudu has DV and Atmos on the native app and im sure there is more I dont know.

You are right about the chromecast limitations but that is purely due to the fact that Vizio is too dumb to keep the CC version up to date. (we have 1.34 and EVERYTHING out there is 1.36 and above). The CC version is the reason disney+ could not cast initially and why it only casts 720p SDR right now.
leigh13 likes this.
post #1857 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Whatever you do, make sure you TEST the output from the new cable BEFORE pulling it through the wall. And do so with the exact same signal chain you'll have in the end. From my experience, every additional foot of cable or connector/coupler degrades your chances of getting a clean 4K @ 60Hz HDR signal. So if you get a new 15' HDMI cable to pull through the wall, test it first with the exact same setup to make sure it can make the 4K connection over that distance.
Will absolutely make sure of that, thank you!

post #1858 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 232
^
I am not an Apple guy but I purchased the Apple TV exactly because it did not have the limitations of other devices. It works great and I have yet to run into any problems or limitations.

Sean
post #1859 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
After playing quite a few hours of HDR games on PC (Nvidia card), I'm still unsure what the proper settings are for these vizios.

I cant set my card to RGB (limited or full), 4:2:0 12 bit, 4:2:2 8bit, 4:4:4 (dont remember if I cant toggle limited/full).
I also think that the TV may not switch color space properly (be that on auto or manual selection) when using RGB vs YCbCr

Some of these settings give weird results but it doesnt seem to affect all games.

Overall, things look great most of the time but there are dark areas that seem washed out with elevated grays that should look more black in my opinion.

Do keep in mind that Im talking windows 10 in HDR. Settings that work fine in SDR don't always work out in HDR, at least that's my experience so far.

BTW, jedi fallen order on PC using HDR is eyeball melting and mind blowing!! Certain times of day, weather/sky conditions in RDR2 are just amazing.
I'm having the exact same issue where I don't think the TV is switching color spaces correctly. I had a P55 before and HDR games were fantastic looking without any changing of settings. Now I have to enable "black detail low" and turn the brightness down to 35 or else the picture looks washed out. The colors aren't as vibrant either. God of War & Detroit Become Human used to look insane but now not so much. It's also not handling SDR correctly either, same white wash/bad shadow detail, and just faded. SDR on Xbox One doesn't look great either.

HDR & SDR via native apps or casting looks fine though, as does my FiOS TV channels.
post #1860 of 1900 Old 12-03-2019, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm having the exact same issue where I don't think the TV is switching color spaces correctly. I had a P55 before and HDR games were fantastic looking without any changing of settings. Now I have to enable "black detail low" and turn the brightness down to 35 or else the picture looks washed out. The colors aren't as vibrant either. God of War & Detroit Become Human used to look insane but now not so much. It's also not handling SDR correctly either, same white wash/bad shadow detail, and just faded. SDR on Xbox One doesn't look great either.

HDR & SDR via native apps or casting looks fine though, as does my FiOS TV channels.
My first try at running RDR2 in HDR was a completely wrong and washed out picture. There is an in game HDR calibration and even increasing the nits slider to 3000 I could still see the white Rockstar logo and I couldnt get the black logo to disappear.

I dont remember what settings my Nvidia was at but I messed arounf and then got the game to show properly and the HDR in game calibration actually made sense at around 2500 nits. So if you need to use black detail and BL at 35, something is wrong in the settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page