2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 503Likes

post #1921 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 2221
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
Now it may be a coincidence as this wasn't happening with the old tv....

When watching cable TV I'm getting very intermittent video loss for a second of two. The audio will continue but I just see a black screen briefly. It can happen every half hour or so. I don't recall it happening when watching downloaded content or streaming via my Nvidia Shield.

Is it possible this could be an HDMI cable issue? Seems odd that it happens on cable TV but not on different input when streaming etc.

Thanks...
Sounds like an HDMI issue. What cables are you using? Typically Monoprice certified premium are suggested for best results.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by avbanger View Post
I love reading the reviews from video calibration experts, who analyze TVs for a living.

Here are 2 very positive reviews that I came across and I thought that I would share:

https://hometheaterreview.com/vizio-...t-tv-reviewed/

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...-hd-tv-review/

I ordered the PX65 on Friday from Costco and I look forward to seeing for myself.

Great stuff. Thanks for posting!

I am sort of the like that second reviewer in that I've been waiting with my highly rated Plasma all this time. I thought I was going to get an OLED, but I think this display is going to work for me.
leigh13 likes this.

Last edited by corpraider; 12-09-2019 at 11:30 AM.
post #1923 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Sounds like an HDMI issue. What cables are you using? Typically Monoprice certified premium are suggested for best results.
Thanks for the reply....so this new issue might just present the problem now with the new 4K TV? The HDMI cables I'm using are old and very inexpensive (HDMI 1.4 eBay). They were bought way before 4K TV s were on the market.

Last edited by volvik; 12-09-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1924 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply....so this new issue might just present the problem now with the new 4K TV? The HDMI cables I'm using are old and very inexpensive (HDMI 1.4 eBay). They were bought way before 4K TV s were on the market.
Yeah you'll definitely want/need better cables. Those older ones can't handle the 4k UHD signals. Get these...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15430

If anyone tries to tell you that you need to buy expensive HDMI cables, they're lying. The ones linked to work perfectly.
volvik likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1925 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
If anyone tries to tell you that you need to buy expensive HDMI cables, they're lying. The ones linked to work perfectly.
No way, dude. I get WAY more dynamic picture quality, tonal spaciousness, and pixel purity with my $500 HDMI cable. It's night and day when you analyze it with a nuclear spectrometer. It's got angel-strand silver filament that is actually blessed by Tibetan monks during manufacture. You'll see things that aren't even there when you upgrade to this level of cable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
THX1720 likes this.
post #1926 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
So I assume when playing a DVD it will look bad, no matter what the player is outputting it at? Whether it's a 1080p player set to 1080p, or a 4k player ?

SD content can look as good as any other TV if you upscale the content before the TV. This can be a challenge with cable or satellite as their boxes don't typically upscale to 4k.
post #1927 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
This TV is a keeper although it has the same issue some of my other rejects had, TV will not power up, the on light is lit but the set is unresponsive and dark. Unplugging/plugging it “fixes” it. Also, the TV rebooted itself while I was watching content. Not sure what was this is all about. Will have to monitor. All in all, it is about time I can start to enjoy this beautiful TV.

This is going to sound dumb but my TV also had weird behavior the first few days I had it. After a few days, the random lockups/rebooting stopped and haven't had an issue for almost a month now.

Some things that might help is to do a full reset after all updates are applied. Also disable all CEC control type settings.
post #1928 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 04:51 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Yeah you'll definitely want/need better cables. Those older ones can't handle the 4k UHD signals. Get these...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15430

Quick follow up....does the same apply for HDMI ARC....or is the 1.4 adequate for the soundbar?
post #1929 of 2212 Old 12-09-2019, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quick follow up....does the same apply for HDMI ARC....or is the 1.4 adequate for the soundbar?
I'd suggest swapping out all HDMI cables in your set up. It will prevent any headaches going forward. Plus, they're cheap enough. I have 9 of them throughout my house.
volvik likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #1930 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 08:22 AM

Is there anyone else enjoying a whole lot of problem free operation and living in a state of astonishment of how beautiful the image quality of this TV is?

*Knocks on wood*

In the next year or so we'll be in a new house and I can't wait to set up a legit theater room with this TV as the centerpiece.

systemBuilder2 likes this.
post #1931 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoTheBarbarian View Post
Is there anyone else enjoying a whole lot of problem free operation and living in a state of astonishment of how beautiful the image quality of this TV is?

*Knocks on wood*

In the next year or so we'll be in a new house and I can't wait to set up a legit theater room with this TV as the centerpiece.

I am. I even started regularly checking the white and gray screens because I think I'm just wishing the TV was perfect. I have zero complaints about my panel OTHER than the 720p/1080i picture is not very good. I enjoy watching directv more on my 55" LG UK6300 than I do the PX75.
post #1932 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:

*Knocks on wood*

when you move into that new house... just like me.. you'll want the latest and greatest TV available.
post #1933 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
I am. I even started regularly checking the white and gray screens because I think I'm just wishing the TV was perfect. I have zero complaints about my panel OTHER than the 720p/1080i picture is not very good. I enjoy watching directv more on my 55" LG UK6300 than I do the PX75.
I don't have cable or satellite so I get to avoid that issue.

post #1934 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hi y'all - after MUCH deliberation I've decided to pull the trigger on the PX75-G1. No panel is perfect but this seems to check most of the boxes.

But now it appears to be out-of-stock at the usual places, including my local Best Buy and Costco.

Does anyone have any visibility into Vizio's production cycle? Will they be replenishing their 75" stock before Christmas, or did I miss the boat? I swear, nothing is easy with a TV purchase.
post #1935 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Loomis View Post
Hi y'all - after MUCH deliberation I've decided to pull the trigger on the PX75-G1. No panel is perfect but this seems to check most of the boxes.

But now it appears to be out-of-stock at the usual places, including my local Best Buy and Costco.

Does anyone have any visibility into Vizio's production cycle? Will they be replenishing their 75" stock before Christmas, or did I miss the boat? I swear, nothing is easy with a TV purchase.

No idea but I did notice that Costco doesn't even list it on their site anymore. I expected it to show up but just say "out of stock."
post #1936 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:

I think you have missed the boat on this...big Black Friday sale at Costco!.. awesome price on it...

Try Wal-Mart...looks like they may a few in-stock on-line.
post #1937 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
I think you have missed the boat on this...big Black Friday sale at Costco!.. awesome price on it...

Try Wal-Mart...looks like they may a few in-stock on-line.
Sigh that's what I was worried about. B&H also has some in stock so I suppose I can hit them up too. I've never ordered a TV before online which has me nervous. I guess I like the comfort of returning to a store if there's something wrong with the panel quality.

Regardless, that's the way panel manufacturing works? Vizio produced a bunch of panels for Black Friday, and when they're gone they're gone? I find that a bit surprising with Christmas and the Super Bowl right around the corner. Doesn't make sense.
post #1938 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 02:19 PM

Update: On a whim I took a ride to the local Costco. Looks like there are three in stock. I'm so stoked.
post #1939 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Sigh that's what I was worried about. B&H also has some in stock so I suppose I can hit them up too. I've never ordered a TV before online which has me nervous. I guess I like the comfort of returning to a store if there's something wrong with the panel quality.

Regardless, that's the way panel manufacturing works? Vizio produced a bunch of panels for Black Friday, and when they're gone they're gone? I find that a bit surprising with Christmas and the Super Bowl right around the corner. Doesn't make sense.
Just checked Costco online and they have them back in stock!!! Price valid through 12/22/19 so there is a chance it will go down again for XMAS.
post #1940 of 2212 Old 12-10-2019, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 6
You actually have a lot less to worry about if ordering directly online from a big name store (Costco, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.) and especially if you live in a major metropolitan area.

If your TV is shipped through UPS or Fedex, good luck. Chances are it travelled hundreds of miles, loosely packed (meaning it wasn't secured to a pallet), on the back of a truck or inside a train container. Who knows if the arrows on the box were pointed up?

But with the big name companies, their online orders are fulfilled by a 3PL company who receive the TV's direct in palletized bulk shipments from the manufacturers and directly move the TV's to customer from orders received over the internet. And you'll get it delivered to your living room, usually free of charge. Typically, in a major metropolitan area, the 3PL company deploys delivery trucks direct from warehouse, and they're usually providing delivery services for multiple retailers. The delivery guys bringing you your Costco TV is probably delivering TV's from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Rakuten etc. TV's on the same route. One delivery service serving multiple retail companies. That's how 3PL works, at least in major metropolitan areas. If you live out in the boondocks, chances are you might be out of reach of these direct from warehouse bobtail delivery trucks, so your mileage may vary.

But from the consumer side of things, this works to your benefit because your TV is handled less times between the time it was manufactured to the time you take possession of it. It's transported and handled by professionals, people who actually know how to lift and move a heavy item without dropping it, and yeah, it's usually free of charge.

IMO, ordering a TV online and getting it shipped is a no-brainer. If I need two people to carry whatever it is I'm buying or it doesn't fit in the back of my SUV, I'm buying it online.

IMO, it's a complete pain in the butt to buy a large bulk item from a retail store and try to bring it home
leigh13 likes this.
post #1941 of 2212 Old 12-11-2019, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1662 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
It just works. I do have the hotfix release on the 2019 Shield. But that's pretty much required for proper color space switching.

Shield firmware 8.1.1(32.7.301.52).

TV firmware 4.0.20.3.
I wanted to follow up on this.

I actually played some more Netflix DV content and there is something wrong with the shield output. Clipped black at least if not other issues.

Playing same content with built-in Netflix app displays correctly.

I'm not sure when it started. Perhaps the latest hotfix for the 2019 Shield. The original hotfix version and current TV firmware worked correctly. Something after that changed.
post #1942 of 2212 Old 12-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
No way, dude. I get WAY more dynamic picture quality, tonal spaciousness, and pixel purity with my $500 HDMI cable. It's night and day when you analyze it with a nuclear spectrometer. It's got angel-strand silver filament that is actually blessed by Tibetan monks during manufacture. You'll see things that aren't even there when you upgrade to this level of cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1943 of 2212 Old 12-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:

*Knocks on wood*

No problems here. The TV looks amazing. I’ve had the tv since August. I may however need some Tibetan blessed HDMI cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1944 of 2212 Old 12-11-2019, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
First time post here! Got a Px75-g1 a few weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. It seems probably around once a week when I turn the TV on, the loading Led turns on and the TV doesn't turn on. The Led just stays on and I can't turn the TV off unless I pull the plug. This is the second one I've had (exchanged the first for dead pixels), and the first one did this as well about twice in the first week I had it. Anyone else experience this?
post #1945 of 2212 Old 12-11-2019, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What was the black Friday price of this tv at Costco
post #1946 of 2212 Old 12-12-2019, 02:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredd626 View Post
First time post here! Got a Px75-g1 a few weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. It seems probably around once a week when I turn the TV on, the loading Led turns on and the TV doesn't turn on. The Led just stays on and I can't turn the TV off unless I pull the plug. This is the second one I've had (exchanged the first for dead pixels), and the first one did this as well about twice in the first week I had it. Anyone else experience this?
It happens with my px75 as well. I turned off cec to no avail. I switched eco to fast start up and will monitor. I have this issue once every day or 2. My tv also turned itself on. Some mornings I notice the tv is on. I will contact vizio but really do not want them to replace my tv has they have done in the past. I am sure it is a software glitch.
post #1947 of 2212 Old 12-12-2019, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncom3 View Post
What was the black Friday price of this tv at Costco
Not sure why this thread says no price talk, but for a week leading up to Black Friday it was Fifteen Ninety-Nine. And that was a hundred bucks less than it was advertised in the paper circular.

Meanwhile, last night I saw jail bars on my PX75 for the first time in regular content! I watched EVEREST on Blu-Ray and one sequence with pans across fields of snow showed some of the vertical bars. It only lasted less than a second though and I'm sure most people wouldn't notice if they weren't conditioned to look for them after reading this thread.

The Dolby Atmos mix on EVEREST is pretty incredible though--with snowstorms swirling all around, ice cracking, and rumbling avalanches it will put your system to the test!

Vizio PX75-G1 | Yamaha RX-V683 | 5.1.2 Micca in-wall surround speakers
post #1948 of 2212 Old 12-12-2019, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
It happens with my px75 as well. I turned off cec to no avail. I switched eco to fast start up and will monitor. I have this issue once every day or 2. My tv also turned itself on. Some mornings I notice the tv is on. I will contact vizio but really do not want them to replace my tv has they have done in the past. I am sure it is a software glitch.

Turning from ECO to fast start fixed the "turning itself on" issue for me. No amount of disabling CEC anywhere in my signal chain fix it.

I got PX75 at Costco for the insanely good Black Friday price. This TV is an unbelievable value at that price, in my opinion. Other than the standard and expected issues with HDMI handshake on 4K HDR content (Disney+ on my 4K FireTV stick in particular) and the turning itself on issue, I have been very happy with this TV so far. My panel looks pretty good, minimal DSE and only minor darkening/flashlighting in the corners, which is only noticeable on scenes where there is a uniform bright color on the screen. I haven't even had time to really dial in pic settings yet! The color banding is noticeable at times, but only if I am in nitpicky mode. Really enjoying all of the HDR streaming content, just need to upgrade my netflix account!
post #1949 of 2212 Old 12-12-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
when you move into that new house... just like me.. you'll want the latest and greatest TV available.
A dedicated theater room requires a projector. Just sayin'!
post #1950 of 2212 Old 12-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Wow, once every day or 2 would be too much for me. Have you tried factory resetting after upgrading the firmware?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page