2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 77 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 539Likes

post #2281 of 2384 Old 02-16-2020, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked: 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Sorry, miss read your post. Vudu is streamed and the atmos is compressed and the bluray player is passing uncompressed which your hdmi can't handle, it can only handle compressed atmos. That's why the tv needs to have eARC which it doesn't.
It doesn't sound like the Vizio passes ATMOS of any kind when it is coming from an external HDMI source. The OP will need to update his soundbar to get Dolby Vision pass through or use an HDMI switch.
toonj64 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2384 Old 02-16-2020, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
Why be so concerned about blooming on menus? And the first photo is at a severe angle. Even non-VA panels would likely show flaws at that angle. Lastly, you probably should not have purchased a VA panel if you intended to mount the TV so high above a fireplace. VA panels have poor viewing angles but better black performance than other LCD panels.
I know about the limitations of all panel types and understand this model only enables the FALD when content is playing. Im just surprised given my p65-e1 didn't have this issue.

Vizio PX65-G1
Pioneer VSX-LX101 w/ 5.1.2 Setup.
FireTV's and FireTV Sticks as Kodi clients
post #2283 of 2384 Old 02-16-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilcox900 View Post
Xbox One or Fire TV Cube are the sources. Also had DirecTV set up in 4k once. All three had the same issue. I just reset it to factory, left the color space and color calibration to auto. No matter what settings I try, when I turn on HDR or DV, everything goes dark and dull. The xbox allows me to turn them on and off so it's very easy to see the difference. Could it really be defective? Others had this same issue earlier in the thread. When I turn the color depth up to 36bit on my xbox, you can barely see the image it gets so dark. Turn off HDR and DV and everything's perfect again.
Did you fix your issue? I have the same problem after factory restting via system menu. I've enabled full color on the input Im using and also have the same issue with native apps. Im on the latest firmware. I noticed when I set the input to full color initially the full color on message at the top stayed there. I had to turn the tv off to get rid of it. Regular sdr content is much brighter than hdr.

Vizio PX65-G1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2284 of 2384 Old 02-19-2020, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well, I finally gave up and returned this TV. I've never had a TV give me more trouble in my life. Randomly turned off during shows, turned on when it wanted, wouldn't turn on when I wanted it to, couldn't cast Disney+, no app coming anytime this millennium, multiple soft and hard resets, numerous calls with Vizio - I'm done. It's too bad because the picture is beautiful, but the software is an unbelievable nightmare and Vizio doesn't seem to care. What an absolute mess of a TV and an all-around horrible experience. I don't know what TV I'll go to, but it won't be Vizio.
post #2285 of 2384 Old 02-20-2020, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgstewar View Post
Well, I finally gave up and returned this TV. I've never had a TV give me more trouble in my life. Randomly turned off during shows, turned on when it wanted, wouldn't turn on when I wanted it to, couldn't cast Disney+, no app coming anytime this millennium, multiple soft and hard resets, numerous calls with Vizio - I'm done. It's too bad because the picture is beautiful, but the software is an unbelievable nightmare and Vizio doesn't seem to care. What an absolute mess of a TV and an all-around horrible experience. I don't know what TV I'll go to, but it won't be Vizio.
Not that you care but the Disney+ app is coming, and soon.
https://www.engadget.com/2020/02/20/...-tv-smartcast/
toonj64 likes this.
post #2286 of 2384 Old 02-20-2020, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjonesavs View Post
Not that you care but the Disney+ app is coming, and soon.
https://www.engadget.com/2020/02/20/...-tv-smartcast/
they are saying the app is out NOW, did anyone actually see it and get it to work??

My fire stick has been stuck below 1080p for D+ and tons of audio drops so I have been eagerly waiting for the vizio Disney app
post #2287 of 2384 Old 02-20-2020, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
It doesn't sound like the Vizio passes ATMOS of any kind when it is coming from an external HDMI source. The OP will need to update his soundbar to get Dolby Vision pass through or use an HDMI switch.
You could try to turn enhanced viewing angle on, that might help. But yeah this tv does have some blooming, mostly in menus. Especially when viewed off angle. You really need to sit directly in front of it to have it at it's best.
post #2288 of 2384 Old 02-20-2020, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
they are saying the app is out NOW, did anyone actually see it and get it to work??

My fire stick has been stuck below 1080p for D+ and tons of audio drops so I have been eagerly waiting for the vizio Disney app
Just checked and it's there!
Full UHD 4k Dolby Vision and 5.1 with Endgame running now.

Tried casting, which I don't really do, it was stuck at 480/720.
Went back to TV app and it started 720 but got to 2160 quick.
toonj64 likes this.
post #2289 of 2384 Old 02-20-2020, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I have a PQ65 and I am debating the $1599 PX75 at Costco (I missed it at Christmas). The problem is I am using the Monoprice 6663 mount and the brackets have my PQ65 as high as it can go...if the new TV sits lower I will have to raise the entire wall mount. It looks like the backs of the PX65 and PQ65 are identical. Any know if the PX75's VESA mount sits higher or lower overall?

Also I am about 9' away now...don't know if going to the 75" is going to be worth the hassle and the fact that rtings still has the PQ65 ranked above the PX series on their overal list.

New:
Mains: Klipsch Chorus II with upgraded tweeter diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Center: Klipsch Academy with upgraded tweeter diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-250S Front Height: Klipsch RP-500SA
AV: Denon AVR-X3500H, Panasonic DP-UB820P-K, Roku Ultra, XFinity Premier, Vizio PQ65-F1
post #2290 of 2384 Old 02-21-2020, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlikemethodz View Post
Is this amount of blooming normal?
As others have said, blooming will definitely be worse when viewing from an angle. The other night I walked into the room and stopped in my tracks because the blooming looked so bad. But then I sat down on the couch and everything looked perfect again.

A few other notes:

The "Always HDR" setting will force the Vizio to go into HDR mode even when the content is standard. That's going to make everything look worse, so set your FireTV to "adaptive HDR" for the best picture.

Also, the Vizio maintains separate picture settings for standard, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG. I noticed my picture looking terrible like that with a huge blotchy mess and awful blooming. Then I discovered the picture had been set back to "Standard" for that mode. Switched back to Calibrated or Calibrated Dark and it looked beautiful again.

Vizio PX75-G1 | Yamaha RX-V683 | 5.1.2 Micca in-wall surround speakers
post #2291 of 2384 Old 02-21-2020, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjonesavs View Post
Just checked and it's there!
Full UHD 4k Dolby Vision and 5.1 with Endgame running now.

Tried casting, which I don't really do, it was stuck at 480/720.
Went back to TV app and it started 720 but got to 2160 quick.
Ditto. I saw the facebook notification yesterday and immediately when on to the TV to find the app waiting for me in App Row. I have the Quantum 75, not the X, as well as a smaller D series at work. Both have the app and both play flawlessly. Curiously enough I picked Avengers Endgame to test out the Dolby Vision as well. It looked beautiful on several of the various preset modes but I ended up on Vivid with a few tweaks just because I like hyper-real look of it.

Glad to see Disney Plus as one of the native apps!
post #2292 of 2384 Old 02-21-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmzz View Post
I just bought the sony UBP-UX700 4k bluray player cause I wanted Dolby vision on disk. I get dolby vision but no atmos when my player is going into the tv. If I go into my receiver I get atmos but no dolby vision cause my receiver cant pass it. I get vudu atmos from the smart cast so I would think atmos would work if my player is going into my tv but I only get dolby 7.1. Is it a setting in my TV? Or the player that I'm missing?
As others have said, the TV will only pass a compressed Atmos signal (usually via DD+) over ARC. Your Blu-Ray player is outputting Atmos via a Dolby TrueHD signal which cannot be passed over standard ARC (needs eARC which the Vizio doesn't support.)

OK, so you have to go through your AVR to get Atmos, but it doesn't pass Dolby Vision. Good news! Your UBP-X700 has two HDMI outputs for that exact scenario. Connect the VIDEO/AUDIO output to your TV, and the AUDIO ONLY output to your AVR. That should give you the best of both worlds.
PlanetAVS and toonj64 like this.

post #2293 of 2384 Old 02-21-2020, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Yeah everything that was said about Atmos is correct.

Sadly, Disney+ does not pass Atmos although Vudu and Amazon do it perfectly on the Vizio apps.
Seems like Netflix will never pass Atmos either on vizios.
A stupid flaw that has no reason to be there when it works on other apps
post #2294 of 2384 Old 02-23-2020, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This TV is slowly driving me mad.

Still occasionally "ghost" turns on. Still occasionally just craps the bed and doesn't turn on properly. I just keep praying for an update that makes it go away so I don't have to RMA this turd.

Anyone else still experiencing these problems?
post #2295 of 2384 Old 02-23-2020, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0bailey View Post

Still occasionally "ghost" turns on. Still occasionally just craps the bed and doesn't turn on properly. I just keep praying for an update that makes it go away so I don't have to RMA this turd.

If you haven't already done this: Disconnect everything from TV. Then add one at a time whatever you have. First add cable box and see if TV behaves ok. If it doesn't' then disconnect the cable and add another item such as avr. Basically if the Tv does this without anything connected then RMA it because I think there's a bad component in Tv and a Firmware upgrade will not fix it. YMMV.

Vizio PX75-g1 Go Big or Go Home
post #2296 of 2384 Old 02-23-2020, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0bailey View Post

Past few months I've had issues on my 2018 PQ65 of set turning off...turning on...recycling power. Someone in that thread mentioned Vizio saying it was a firmware issue that was being looked at. Also turning off CEC and turning off ECO mode might help. I think the RF receiver on certain sets may also be sensitive so a piece of masking tape there may help.

Derek
post #2297 of 2384 Old 02-23-2020, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bears t2 View Post
I've been reading this forum for almost 4 months now... and I will say that Ive heard quite a lot about this model here. The turn off and turn on issues.... the DSE issues... the banding issues...the panel lottery issues...the quality issues... if it will last any amount of time. Well... I still bought this TV and y'all know what??? I LOVE this thing man... it's still the best bang for the buck TV there is... 1 of the best pictures Ive ever seen... it's BEAUTIFUL. The colors pop with a 3D depth especially on a 4k source WOW!... Heck 720p TV doesn't even look as bad as I have read ... OLED maybe it's not.. But I could have bought 2 of these for the price of the OLED. Ohhhh and BTW?? I haven't had any of these issues so far. My only issue so far is that its a dust magnet. I understand that maybe I'm just reading all the negativity because were all enthusiasts here and we tend to be more critical of things.. but if you look at every other TV listed in these forums you will find long list of people with other issues with theirs also. I mean most average Joe's wouldn't buy this TV or appreciate it... Now I just pray that I'm not wrong LOL. So if ya love your TV say it LOUD and say it PROUD...

OK I'm coming off my box now...
Same! The first one I got delivered from Costco came with a smashed screen (not Costco's fault it was the shipping company), took a minute but it was replaced and the tv is amazing!! I was following this thread before black Friday and read up to page 212 or so, still had the tab open so I just checked in but there's no need to read any more.
When I got the tv I used stereomandan's recommended settings and pulled up greyscale videos on YouTube, I didn't have any dse or dark areas, no halos around subtitles or white areas, no tv randomly turning on, I'm using new HDMI cables from monoprice, got a new avr that does hdcp 2.2 blah blah I was expecting a nightmare but it's the exact opposite. This forum is great for advice but I think it really is just a small group of 50 or so anal people / people with defective sets posting here out of thousands who have good ones with no issues. I highly recommend this tv but get it on sale, msrp too high imo. Seriously loving it, and I'm happy that you're happy as well!
bears t2 likes this.
post #2298 of 2384 Old 02-24-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
Yeah everything that was said about Atmos is correct.

Sadly, Disney+ does not pass Atmos although Vudu and Amazon do it perfectly on the Vizio apps.
Seems like Netflix will never pass Atmos either on vizios.
A stupid flaw that has no reason to be there when it works on other apps
Netflix support for Atmos is spotty as it is. It doesn't work on the FireStick 4K either, but that device outputs Atmos for other apps. One of the few devices that does output Atmos for Netflix is the XBox One, but on my XBox One S I can't get anything to play from Netflix (it never gets past 20% loading.)

I think the lack of Atmos support is more a licensing or exclusivity thing than it is a technical hurdle.

post #2299 of 2384 Old 02-24-2020, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I purchased this TV during black Friday and it was part number ending in 02333, this box had the black plastic remote and said ultrabright 2900 on it and was manufactured in China. Well I purchased another one this week for another room. The part number on the new one ends in 32221, this box says ultrabright 3000 on it, has the Xrt150 metal remote, and was manufactured in Mexico. So there are some big differences in the part number/ Box you choose. The new TV seems to be a little snappier for some reason. Anyone know why the different part numbers and place of manufacturing varies so much?
post #2300 of 2384 Old 02-27-2020, 07:07 AM

Liked: 11
Well I've joined you guys. Brought a PX75 yesterday at Costco while it was on sale, they had 8 of them in stock. I'm picking it up on Saturday as the weather was crappy here yesterday. This is replacing an LG-70UH6350 I brought a few years ago at Sams.
post #2301 of 2384 Old 02-27-2020, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1955 View Post
Well I've joined you guys. Brought a PX75 yesterday at Costco while it was on sale, they had 8 of them in stock. I'm picking it up on Saturday as the weather was crappy here yesterday. This is replacing an LG-70UH6350 I brought a few years ago at Sams.
Welcome! congrats! Enjoy!
post #2302 of 2384 Old 02-27-2020, 08:59 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
Welcome! congrats! Enjoy!

Thanks!
post #2303 of 2384 Old 02-28-2020, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeagle1 View Post
I’ve had the P75 for about a week and am loving it. Coming from a Mitsubishi 73”. The one issue I don’t like is watching Hockey. Seems the display can’t keep up with the action. Players look blurry. Is there a setting I may be missing?
Two months and 7 more pages and no response. Have you come up with anything you find acceptable on your own, because this is a deal breaker for me. My wife and I are big hockey watchers and if our teams aren't on then who ever is playing is. She's ok with the purchase but not if we're going to have issues with what we spend most of out time watching. Is this inherent to the tv, lcd technology in general or just the broadcast? I was about to buy a '19 px75 but think I'll hold off and see what the '20 model brings. This tv seems so great otherwise.
post #2304 of 2384 Old 02-29-2020, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs3023 View Post
Two months and 7 more pages and no response. Have you come up with anything you find acceptable on your own, because this is a deal breaker for me. My wife and I are big hockey watchers and if our teams aren't on then who ever is playing is. She's ok with the purchase but not if we're going to have issues with what we spend most of out time watching. Is this inherent to the tv, lcd technology in general or just the broadcast? I was about to buy a '19 px75 but think I'll hold off and see what the '20 model brings. This tv seems so great otherwise.

Have you tried enabling black frame insertion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2305 of 2384 Old 02-29-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Did you fix your issue? I have the same problem after factory resetting via system menu. I've enabled full color on the input Im using and also have the same issue with native apps. Im on the latest firmware. I noticed when I set the input to full color initially the full color on message at the top stayed there. I had to turn the tv off to get rid of it. Regular sdr content is much brighter than hdr.
I found a temporary work around to this issue. In the firestick display settings change HDR to "always on". Picture looks amazing then in 4k/HDR. I didn't have to do this with my P65-E1, auto would kick in correctly.

Vizio PX65-G1
post #2306 of 2384 Old 02-29-2020, 11:41 AM

Work Around

Quote:
Did you fix your issue? I have the same problem after factory resetting via system menu. I've enabled full color on the input Im using and also have the same issue with native apps. Im on the latest firmware. I noticed when I set the input to full color initially the full color on message at the top stayed there. I had to turn the tv off to get rid of it. Regular sdr content is much brighter than hdr.
I found a temporary work around to this issue. In the firestick display settings change HDR to "always on". Picture looks amazing then in 4k/HDR. I didn't have to do this with my P65-E1, auto would kick in correctly.

Vizio PX65-G1
post #2307 of 2384 Old 02-29-2020, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgstewar View Post
I spent 2 phone calls of over 30 minutes to finally get them to deliver me a new damn TV and take this buggy POS with them.

If this second unit is doing the same thing I don't know what I'm going to do. Probably throw it through Vizio HQ's front window like a discus and call it quits.
post #2308 of 2384 Old 02-29-2020, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
Have you tried enabling black frame insertion?

I think you've either misread my post or quoted the wrong post. I don't own this tv yet.
post #2309 of 2384 Old 03-01-2020, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Hey guys I just picked up a 65” quantum x for the bedroom. Every now and then the tv will just shut off for no reason. It will then display the Visio logo and restart. It’s happening quite often. My buddy has the same tv but no issues like this. Is this a common problem? Are there any fixes for this issue?

Always destroying exergy!
post #2310 of 2384 Old 03-01-2020, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs3023 View Post
I think you've either misread my post or quoted the wrong post. I don't own this tv yet.

Whoops sorry. I misread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page