2019 Vizio P-Series Quantum X - Owner's Thread - No Price Talk - Page 84 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 569Likes

post #2491 of 2521 Old 05-04-2020, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just sharing my own basic comparison between the px65 and the sony x900f (which the ex took). Got the vizio less than half the price of what I originally paid for the x900f and cheaper than what the sony sells for now.
Give the vizio a slight edge over the sony for reflection handling. I have the vizio next to a window with little issue, though that window faces away from the sun. However, 2 windows across from the tv behind the couch are definitely an issue during day time, but full array to high helps.
X900f a clear winner for picture adjustments like noise reduction, motion handling, etc.
Vizio much better local dimming, though the fald is still visible in action from time to time.
Dolby Vision on the x900f was garbage, vizio easily wins out here. General brightness and color go to the vizio as well.
Upscaling a big advantage to the x900f, though 1080p on the vizio isn't bad.
Color gradation significantly worse on the vizio. Banding also worse on the vizio. DSE better on the vizio.
Smarttv response still slow as hell on the vizio.
PlanetAVS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2521 Old 05-04-2020, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have just had the display for a week but I am noticing a great deal of color banding. This is from an AppleTV using HDR10. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some setting that can help? The banding is mostly in the brights.
post #2493 of 2521 Old 05-05-2020, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkopel View Post
I have just had the display for a week but I am noticing a great deal of color banding. This is from an AppleTV using HDR10. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some setting that can help? The banding is mostly in the brights.
Funny you mention this. We just purchased a 65" PQX for a room in our house, and before it goes to it's final home, I have the PQX side by side with my LG C7 oled. I made a point to hit several scenes on the Apple TV that show color banding on the oled. I see the same color banding on both sets...can't really say one is better or worse than the other. IMO, this is more source related.

Overall, I am pleasantly surprised at how well the PQX performs. Both technologies have their pros and cons....but I have to say running some of the Spears and Munsill UHD clips side by side....the Vizio just left me with "wow"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2494 of 2521 Old 05-06-2020, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkopel View Post

In my experience the specific content and streaming client makes way more difference in the color banding than the settings. Post number 2011 has some pictures of the same streaming content from three different Netflix clients: a Tivo Bolt Vox (HDR), the built-in client (DV), and a Firestick 4K (DV). The banding difference between the Tivo and the other two is huge. If you are watching something on Apple TV that you can also get from one of the built in apps (like Netflix) it may be worth comparing first to see if it is the client instead of the TV.
post #2495 of 2521 Old 05-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Upgrading Vizio appa

I see that Disney + has been upgraded to version 1.5.0. How does one do app upgrades on the Vizio internal apps? I can't find anyway to do so. In the same vane, how does one add apps?
post #2496 of 2521 Old 05-06-2020, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadarn_djg View Post
Just sharing my own basic comparison between the px65 and the sony x900f (which the ex took). Got the vizio less than half the price of what I originally paid for the x900f and cheaper than what the sony sells for now.
Give the vizio a slight edge over the sony for reflection handling. I have the vizio next to a window with little issue, though that window faces away from the sun. However, 2 windows across from the tv behind the couch are definitely an issue during day time, but full array to high helps.
X900f a clear winner for picture adjustments like noise reduction, motion handling, etc.
Vizio much better local dimming, though the fald is still visible in action from time to time.
Dolby Vision on the x900f was garbage, vizio easily wins out here. General brightness and color go to the vizio as well.
Upscaling a big advantage to the x900f, though 1080p on the vizio isn't bad.
Color gradation significantly worse on the vizio. Banding also worse on the vizio. DSE better on the vizio.
Smarttv response still slow as hell on the vizio.
If you had to keep one which would you keep?
post #2497 of 2521 Old 05-06-2020, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riknik View Post
I see that Disney + has been upgraded to version 1.5.0. How does one do app upgrades on the Vizio internal apps? I can't find anyway to do so. In the same vane, how does one add apps?
You can't. You have to wait for Vizio to do it.
post #2498 of 2521 Old 05-06-2020, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
PX75 owner checking in here!
So far very happy with the TV. Only issue being some odd cast issues sometimes and once some static that seemed to go away with reset!
-Joshua
post #2499 of 2521 Old 05-07-2020, 12:09 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLieLlama View Post
If you had to keep one which would you keep?
I have a very bright room now, and don't watch sd or 720p content, so the px65
post #2500 of 2521 Old 05-07-2020, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
We took delivery of our PX75 on Monday from Costco, and so far we love it! Used Rtings settings and the picture is great, there is some blooming but it's minimal. Picture quality, including Dolby Vision are fantastic, slight jail bars and DSE. We're using an Apple TV 4k for the majority of our viewing. Glad we went with the Vizio!
rc-zombies, PlanetAVS and leojj25 like this.
post #2501 of 2521 Old 05-09-2020, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2966 Post(s)
Liked: 1728
Quote:
There are no internal apps. All streaming sevices on the TV are web based API. Some services will use stored cache to load faster. Only service providers can alter the API. All you can do is wait for Disney to update it.
Quote:
You have to wait for Vizio to do it.
No. The web based API are maintained and updated by the providers themselves. Vizio has already confirmed this. Vizio does not update 3rd party services.

Last edited by skschatzman; 05-10-2020 at 05:14 AM.
post #2502 of 2521 Old 05-11-2020, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphie View Post
I have a Vizio PX65-G1 which has no warranty. After 20-30 minutes the picture would start to break up more and more until it rebooted. Eventually it would get in a kind of boot loop. I took off the back so that I could measure power supply voltages when it was working and when it was failing. Of course, I found that it never failed with the back off. I tried to induce failure by heating each board in turn with a hairdryer, but my nerve gave out before the picture.

I put it back into normal service with the back off and it works much better. Only once has it started to break up. I wasn't able to check the voltages, but I did observe that the only part which seemed hot was the large heat sink on the motherboard (see photo). Its model number is
715GA075-M01-B00-005k. By positioning a fan to blow on this board, I got everything back to normal. Not 100% conclusive. Next time I would hold an ice-pack onto the heat sink.

I would be interested in ideas about what to do next. I wonder if the heat sink might need to be reapplied with new thermal paste. I can't really see how it's fixed on and don't want to tinker with it unless I have the materials ready to restore it. I would love to hear of anyone's experience with this.

I notice there are plenty of ebay hits for this part number for around $100, presumably from TVs with broken screens. My concern is whether they may have different firmware or hard-coded profiles which could cause a problem with my particular hardware model. Opinions on that would be good too.

Not sure if it's same issue but sounds similar to what I had. Got line on screen and it would keep moving down and then colors got all washed and like for color blind people. Rebooting TV fixed it. Tv is not even month old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2503 of 2521 Old 05-15-2020, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
VIZIO PX65-G1color tuner and 11pt WB settings

I recently bought this TV and was wondering if anybody had calibration settings for the 11 point white balance and the color tuner... I know they say no 2 TVs are exactly a like but if anybody has this TV and had it calibrated and could share or knows someplace besides Cnet or Rtng's that has trustworthy calibration settings Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
post #2504 of 2521 Old 05-15-2020, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Question Settings Needed: New To Me P659

I just got a used P659-G1. What are the best setting for connecting a Xbox One X. And a PC with a MSI GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDRR6 Video Card. The 1X will be connected to a AVR via HDMI (w/video pass thru) for audio processing only. Then out to the P65. The pc is connected via hdmi to avr with video pass thru enabled. With the avr doing only audio processing for the pc which is used for streaming and gaming.

PS: Since my avr has two hdmi outputs. Should I use both? That way each device has it's own hdmi input on the tv. Therefor allowing for independent settings for each? And which device should I use for streaming Netflix and Prime? I hope this made sense.

So settings for the PC. And for the 1X are needed. The hdmi cables are Monoprice Premium Certified.
Advice, Tips, Links. All are welcome.

McIntosh C34V, MC2205, Martin Logan Motion 40's, SVS PB-1000, Technics SL-1200MK5 w/Nagoka MP-200, Topping D50, Magni 3, Macbook Pro w/Music in ALAC
post #2505 of 2521 Old 05-17-2020, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey Skschatzman,

I was hoping to get ur input on this issue.

Just bought a PX65-G1 Vizio 65" P Series Quantum X. Everything is great on this TV I mean literally great. I'm coming from a Sony 55X850C myself from 2015 and just helped my brother in law by calibrating his LG OLED 55B9PUA.

I'm having a small isolated issue that I'm not seeing has been experienced by others in the forum here:

Only on Input 2, does my Xbox One X have issues playing games or watching HDR movies on Disney+, Vudu and Netflix. YouTube works fine and nonHDR games work fine.

The issue is the screen repeatedly and intermittently flashes blank and comes back. Over and over again (as if it were changing inputs repeatedly). The screen will flash, go blank and then come back and the overlay will show that its Input 2, 2160 HDR10/Dolby Vision <my selected picture mode> etc etc. Repeat repeat repeat. Erratically.

All other inputs work fine, the internal apps work fine. I have the Xbox now on Input 4 with the same exact settings and its perfection.

But what do u think? Should I contact Vizio, take it back and swap it out for a different unit, or just ignore it and never use input 2 lol?

Thanks for your time and insight!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Quote:
There are no internal apps. All streaming sevices on the TV are web based API. Some services will use stored cache to load faster. Only service providers can alter the API. All you can do is wait for Disney to update it.
Quote:
You have to wait for Vizio to do it.
No. The web based API are maintained and updated by the providers themselves. Vizio has already confirmed this. Vizio does not update 3rd party services.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
post #2506 of 2521 Old 05-18-2020, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
HDMI 2 Input issue

I had the same issue with HDMI 2 of my TV. Mine would start to fail after 10-20 minutes of UHD viewing. I did a chat with Vizio after determining that it was the HDMI 2 input and not the device at fault. They agreed and sent a tech to warranty replace the board that has the inputs. All good now.
Try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirFX View Post
Hey Skschatzman,

Just bought a PX65-G1 Vizio 65" P Series Quantum X. Everything is great on this TV I mean literally great. I'm coming from a Sony 55X850C myself from 2015 and just helped my brother in law by calibrating his LG OLED 55B9PUA.

I'm having a small isolated issue that I'm not seeing has been experienced by others in the forum here:

Only on Input 2, does my Xbox One X have issues playing games or watching HDR movies on Disney+, Vudu and Netflix. YouTube works fine and nonHDR games work fine.

The issue is the screen repeatedly and intermittently flashes blank and comes back. Over and over again (as if it were changing inputs repeatedly). The screen will flash, go blank and then come back and the overlay will show that its Input 2, 2160 HDR10/Dolby Vision <my selected picture mode> etc etc. Repeat repeat repeat. Erratically.

All other inputs work fine, the internal apps work fine. I have the Xbox now on Input 4 with the same exact settings and its perfection.

But what do u think? Should I contact Vizio, take it back and swap it out for a different unit, or just ignore it and never use input 2 lol?

Cheers!
post #2507 of 2521 Old 05-18-2020, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1926 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirFX View Post
Hey Skschatzman,

Cheers!
Sounds like a handshake issue between the HDMI controller and the device connected. Try another cable, and or turn off CEC.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
post #2508 of 2521 Old 05-18-2020, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanD415 View Post
I recently bought this TV and was wondering if anybody had calibration settings for the 11 point white balance and the color tuner... I know they say no 2 TVs are exactly a like but if anybody has this TV and had it calibrated and could share or knows someplace besides Cnet or Rtng's that has trustworthy calibration settings Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
DITTO! DITTO! Years ago it was common to post calibrated TV settings. I don't know why the reluctance to do so now. Come on guys post your calibrated settings. I'm not going to complain if they are wrong for my TV, but it's a place to start.
post #2509 of 2521 Old 05-18-2020, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
DITTO! DITTO! Years ago it was common to post calibrated TV settings. I don't know why the reluctance to do so now. Come on guys post your calibrated settings. I'm not going to complain if they are wrong for my TV, but it's a place to start.
Placebo effect. I have tested other posted settings and not a single one made improvements. I verified this with my calibration equipment. You are better off using the default stock calibrated picture mode if you are not going to perform a real calibration. What you convince yourself as accurate is likely way off. Don't make that mistake. It isn't worth it.

The odds that a posted calibration settings will make improvements without regressions is similar to winning the Powerball/Mega Millions jackpot.
stash64 and Anago like this.

Last edited by skschatzman; 05-18-2020 at 07:48 PM.
post #2510 of 2521 Old 05-18-2020, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 2347
Quote:
What?!?! It might have been "common" but anyone who knew what a real calibration is, would always say not to use someone else's numbers. Going all the way back to plasma, it was always a big no-no to use other people's settings.
skschatzman likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #2511 of 2521 Old 05-19-2020, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
What?!?! It might have been "common" but anyone who knew what a real calibration is, would always say not to use someone else's numbers. Going all the way back to plasma, it was always a big no-no to use other people's settings.
Agreed. The reason people (myself included) post calibration settings is so we can discern how much the panels natively differ between units. For scientific purposes. They aren't uploaded to provide non calibration users with easy access to improvements. The likely hood of non calibrators using posted settings to gain improvements without regressions is astronomical.
jconjason likes this.

Last edited by skschatzman; 05-19-2020 at 01:17 PM.
post #2512 of 2521 Old 05-19-2020, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 249
@AmirFX I started having this issue too with my XB1S a few weeks back. I run everything through my Denon then out to HDMI 1 on the Vizio. We use the XB1S mainly as a tuner. I started getting intermittent screen flashes and the only way I could fix it was yanking the hdmi cable out then plugging back in to the vizio. So i was thinking maybe my mono cable was dying but i would NOT get this from any other sources like my roku. So now thinking its a XB1S bug. I'm now using the built in Vizio tuner which i have no problem with but it sucks there is no built in live pause like on a roku tv.

Last edited by wmarkw; 05-19-2020 at 10:04 AM.
post #2513 of 2521 Old 05-20-2020, 11:08 PM

Accessing Google Play Movies

I am coming from a TCL ROKU TV where there was a Google Play Movies app/channel. The Vizio quantum PX seemed to have a lot of Google built-in, so I assumed it would have the Google Play Movies app. WRONG.

I know I can cast to the TV from the Google Play Movies app on my phone. The TV is in the basement and the kids won't have my phone all the time to cast. Also, my basement does not have the greatest WiFi coverage so I am actually using an wired ethernet connection. So, I have lots of bandwidth to the TV. I do not want to have cast from my phone (which is on the wifi network) when the TV is on a faster wired connection.

Very surprised that with the tight Google integration that they would not have this. Seems pretty dumb.

Any ideas on how I can access Google Play Movies from the Vizio TV? Or am I just stuck waiting and hoping that Vizio adds an app for that?
post #2514 of 2521 Old 05-21-2020, 01:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2443 Post(s)
Liked: 3153
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyorange View Post
I am coming from a TCL ROKU TV where there was a Google Play Movies app/channel. The Vizio quantum PX seemed to have a lot of Google built-in, so I assumed it would have the Google Play Movies app. WRONG.

I know I can cast to the TV from the Google Play Movies app on my phone. The TV is in the basement and the kids won't have my phone all the time to cast. Also, my basement does not have the greatest WiFi coverage so I am actually using an wired ethernet connection. So, I have lots of bandwidth to the TV. I do not want to have cast from my phone (which is on the wifi network) when the TV is on a faster wired connection.

Very surprised that with the tight Google integration that they would not have this. Seems pretty dumb.

Any ideas on how I can access Google Play Movies from the Vizio TV? Or am I just stuck waiting and hoping that Vizio adds an app for that?
Here are some options:
1) Get an external streamer like a Roku stick
2) Link your Google play account to Movies Anywhere and then watch your content on another app such as Vudu. You won't get 100% of your content though
3) Keep another casting device such as an old phone, tablet, laptop in the room
post #2515 of 2521 Old 05-21-2020, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Vizio P 65 quantum X. Something has changed I don’t know what . When I watch TV through the cable box I see the station I am on when I change to smart cast I can pick Netflix or prime I get no sound I only hear the sound that was coming in through the cable box for the station I was on. What did I do to mess this up.

Thank you
Don
post #2516 of 2521 Old 05-21-2020, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
I have a Vizio P 65 quantum X. Something has changed I don’t know what . When I watch TV through the cable box I see the station I am on when I change to smart cast I can pick Netflix or prime I get no sound I only hear the sound that was coming in through the cable box for the station I was on. What did I do to mess this up.

Thank you

Don
How is all of your equipment setup? Do you use a receiver? ARC? Toslink?
post #2517 of 2521 Old 05-23-2020, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Was watching 1917 on my LG 4k player last night, and i noticed a light bleeding on the top and bottom mattes. The image a lines above/below the mattes seemed a little darker. Was worse in Calibrated Dark mode, but a little less noticeable in Calibrated mode. Anyone know what settings I would need to adjust to fix this?
post #2518 of 2521 Old 05-23-2020, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLaLakers View Post
Was watching 1917 on my LG 4k player last night, and i noticed a light bleeding on the top and bottom mattes. The image a lines above/below the mattes seemed a little darker. Was worse in Calibrated Dark mode, but a little less noticeable in Calibrated mode. Anyone know what settings I would need to adjust to fix this?
There is nothing to adjust that would get rid of light bleed without also reducing image fidelity. The way the backlight zones work will bleed bright portions of an image into the darker parts. What you can do to mitigate the issue is use proper ambient backlighting.
post #2519 of 2521 Old 05-24-2020, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
There is nothing to adjust that would get rid of light bleed without also reducing image fidelity. The way the backlight zones work will bleed bright portions of an image into the darker parts. What you can do to mitigate the issue is use proper ambient backlighting.

Thanks for the tip. I threw a LED light strip I had lying around behind the TV and it made a huge difference. Fired up Blade Runner 4K BluRay and I noticed that the issue was almost gone. I had to look for the problem. I also noticed that the blacks looked much darker overall, plus I had far less eye strain watching in the dark. So thanks again. Highly recommend everyone add Bias lighting.
bears t2 and skschatzman like this.
post #2520 of 2521 Old 05-26-2020, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I got one of these today, within the first 6 hours of watching the screen went dark for a split second. I was watching in a pitch dark room and I thought the power went out, but then the TV turned right back on.

I'm pretty sure I read that some people have this problem with this set. I'm going to have to search through the thread for some help.

My first impressions are pretty good.

I can compare it to a Samsung Q80T. The Samsung has significantly better anti-glare, also the panel I got was very clean with zero DSE. I have slightly noticed some DSE on my Vizio in only a few hours of watching, but I'm not sure how pronounced it will be on average. Out of the box the Vizio has more natural flesh tones and shadow detail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
motherboard , overheating , repair , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page