Hisense H8F - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
So nobody cares about banding? Banding, IMO, is one of the most annoying characteristics of cheap LCDs. Quoting Rtings:

"There is noticeable banding in all shades, but it is most noticeable in shades of gray. Unfortunately, there is no smooth gradation feature on this TV."

Plus there's noticeable vignetting and dirty screen effect, very slow response time, poorly functioning optional motion interpolation, and bad viewing angles even for a VA panel. Regarding the motion interpolation, Rtings wrote:

"the motion interpolation feature doesn't work very well, as it constantly stopped interpolating after a few seconds, resulting in jumpy motion."
VA_DaveB, I did notice that bit about the banding. I've not had a ton of experience with various different types of TVs so I'm not sure if I'd particularly notice that or not, could be an issue though.

On your other points though: vignetting doesn't really bother me much, and it looks like it's about on par with the vignetting on the R617 anyway; DSE is better/less on H8F than R617, and gray uniformity is actually better; and poor viewing angles are almost the same as R617 (which, for the record, I have the P607, which has even worse viewing angles, and it doesn't bother me at all, even though we frequently watch the TV off-angle from the dinner table). The poor motion interpolation is unfortunate, but doesn't matter to me as I wouldn't use it, and the slow response time is a bummer. Overall it's just a matter of tradeoffs with R617, which, for the record, used to be a more expensive TV when it launched, and even now is still somewhat more than H8F. I have seen a couple comments regarding the H8F having really bad color banding when in Game Mode, which if true would be a pretty big issue for me, but it could also be a bug that will get fixed, along with motion interpolation stopping intermittently.

To me, all the shortcomings seem pretty fair for a $500 TV that's packing in quite a lot of bang for your buck overall. There aren't really any TVs properly competing with the R617 and the H8F in this price range, as far as I can tell. I'm personally very excited to see reviews of the H9F, although it seems like it might still be 3 more months before we get a review from Rtings on it, even if it were to finally release right this moment. But if the H9F carries through the advantages that the H8F has over the R617 and also improves on all its shortcomings then it will be a mighty nice TV for a really good price. I just hope it is actually capable of accepting and displaying 120hz signals, since I've been seeing everywhere that it will be a 120hz panel, but that doesn't always mean a TV will display 120hz content properly.
ES_Revenge likes this.
theboomr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
I'm really kind of shocked that H8F can't do HDR in YouTube though...it's running Android TV, how is it possible that YouTube on Android TV doesn't support HDR?
This isn't that surprising, even Sony TVs couldn't do HDR in YouTube until relatively recently. Late last year IIRC?

Quote:
I'm very excited for the H9F now...hopefully it actually lives up to Hisense's brightness claims a bit more than the H8F did.
Us too!
theboomr and NTC like this.

RTINGS.com
ababcock is offline  
post #33 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 666
I returned the H8F within days of purchase.

Banding is pretty bad across all content, more so in game mode. Skyboxes would be swirling pulsating rings of gradation, which looked like gradiant test patterns.

The TCL 6 series which I replaced my H8F is a much better performer across the board.
Hisense can't compete from a processing standpoint against TCL.

While the contrast is slightly better on the H8F, what I noticed with my usage is that local dimming is very slow.
In order to achieve the nearly 7000:1 contrast with FALD enabled it will bottom out and crush blacks as well as lose shadow detail.

My main issue was motion performance. The H8F has a very slow pixel response time that resulted in pretty major smearing in darker game environments with every pan of the camera.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
SpHeRe31459 likes this.
Dr.Shankenstein is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,725
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1576 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
VA_DaveB, I did notice that bit about the banding. I've not had a ton of experience with various different types of TVs so I'm not sure if I'd particularly notice that or not, could be an issue though.

On your other points though: vignetting doesn't really bother me much, and it looks like it's about on par with the vignetting on the R617 anyway; DSE is better/less on H8F than R617, and gray uniformity is actually better; and poor viewing angles are almost the same as R617 (which, for the record, I have the P607, which has even worse viewing angles, and it doesn't bother me at all, even though we frequently watch the TV off-angle from the dinner table). The poor motion interpolation is unfortunate, but doesn't matter to me as I wouldn't use it, and the slow response time is a bummer. Overall it's just a matter of tradeoffs with R617, which, for the record, used to be a more expensive TV when it launched, and even now is still somewhat more than H8F. I have seen a couple comments regarding the H8F having really bad color banding when in Game Mode, which if true would be a pretty big issue for me, but it could also be a bug that will get fixed, along with motion interpolation stopping intermittently.

To me, all the shortcomings seem pretty fair for a $500 TV that's packing in quite a lot of bang for your buck overall. There aren't really any TVs properly competing with the R617 and the H8F in this price range, as far as I can tell. I'm personally very excited to see reviews of the H9F, although it seems like it might still be 3 more months before we get a review from Rtings on it, even if it were to finally release right this moment. But if the H9F carries through the advantages that the H8F has over the R617 and also improves on all its shortcomings then it will be a mighty nice TV for a really good price. I just hope it is actually capable of accepting and displaying 120hz signals, since I've been seeing everywhere that it will be a 120hz panel, but that doesn't always mean a TV will display 120hz content properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post
Banding is pretty bad across all content, more so in game mode. Skyboxes would be swirling pulsating rings of gradation, which looked like gradiant test patterns.

My main issue was motion performance. The H8F has a very slow pixel response time that resulted in pretty major smearing in darker game environments with every pan of the camera.
Dr.Shankenstein was an early adopter who returned his Hisense and I could not use any TV with those issues either. FALD means nothing if the basic TV functions aren't properly implemented. I'd rather have a TV with no local dimming at all provided it has no banding, good motion control, and decent black levels.
Dr.Shankenstein likes this.
VA_DaveB is offline  
post #35 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 666
From what I can tell the Hisense use of Innolux/Chi mei display tech is where the motion issues may stem from as well.

Their use in some Samsung products has also produced similar issues regarding pixel response time.
Since Innolux VA panels in my experience over the years have always resulted in sub-par panel response times.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dr.Shankenstein; 07-09-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Dr.Shankenstein is offline  
post #36 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Dr.Shankenstein was an early adopter who returned his Hisense and I could not use any TV with those issues either. FALD means nothing if the basic TV functions aren't properly implemented. I'd rather have a TV with no local dimming at all provided it has no banding, good motion control, and decent black levels.
For gaming in bright outdoor scenes the H8F could be quite breathtaking at times, but once you moved in to nighttime scenes or darker content it would fall apart.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Dr.Shankenstein is offline  
post #37 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Member
 
PUNKem 733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post
For gaming in bright outdoor scenes the H8F could be quite breathtaking at times, but once you moved in to nighttime scenes or darker content it would fall apart.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
I love how rtings has this hisense as BETTER in HDR, and constrast, then the 6 series when the contrast in black scenees are pretty bad.
Dr.Shankenstein likes this.
PUNKem 733 is offline  
post #38 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
I love how rtings has this hisense as BETTER in HDR, and constrast, then the 6 series when the contrast in black scenees are pretty bad.
They approach it from a scientific place, where we as consumers will test all content types.

From a lab perspective the H8F may very well outperform the 6, but from a real world usage the 6 is a better performer.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
theboomr likes this.
Dr.Shankenstein is offline  
post #39 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Member
 
PUNKem 733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post
They approach it from a scientific place, where we as consumers will test all content types.

From a lab perspective the H8F may very well outperform the 6, but from a real world usage the 6 is a better performer.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Oh I understand, but rating should go towards people watching content, not numbers. Of course give us the numbers, but at least let us know one tv is performing a lot better over another even if the numbers are worse. They don't do that, they even have a box in the review where they look at the tv compared to a few others, and they mentioned how the hisense is better at HDR/movies, but it is clearly the TCL that is better.

I have been able to see both side by side, and if I was rating them, even if the numbers said otherwise, I'd be giving the win/higher score to the better performing TV. All the more reason to not take any rating of well anything super seriously, and to do your own homework.
Dr.Shankenstein likes this.
PUNKem 733 is offline  
post #40 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SpHeRe31459's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
I love how rtings has this hisense as BETTER in HDR, and constrast, then the 6 series when the contrast in black scenees are pretty bad.
I'm really bummed TCL doesn't make a 6 series in 48/49/50", since I want it for a secondary room. If they did I'd be all over it. I'd prefer Roku for the smart interface anyway.
Dr.Shankenstein likes this.
SpHeRe31459 is offline  
post #41 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
Oh I understand, but rating should go towards people watching content, not numbers. Of course give us the numbers, but at least let us know one tv is performing a lot better over another even if the numbers are worse. They don't do that, they even have a box in the review where they look at the tv compared to a few others, and they mentioned how the hisense is better at HDR/movies, but it is clearly the TCL that is better.



I have been able to see both side by side, and if I was rating them, even if the numbers said otherwise, I'd be giving the win/higher score to the better performing TV. All the more reason to not take any rating of well anything super seriously, and to do your own homework.
I really enjoy Rtings scientific reviews. I bounce between the usual 3 Rtings, CNET and HDtvtest.

Vincent is one of my favorite and touches on quite a bit of real usage.



Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Dr.Shankenstein is offline  
post #42 of 88 Old 07-09-2019, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHeRe31459 View Post
I'm really bummed TCL doesn't make a 6 series in 48/49/50", since I want it for a secondary room. If they did I'd be all over it. I'd prefer Roku for the smart interface anyway.
They had a planned 50" with the P series in 2017, but dropped it and never looked back.

My 55" 6 is ridiculously huge for my viewing are, but I love it.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
theboomr and SpHeRe31459 like this.
Dr.Shankenstein is offline  
post #43 of 88 Old 07-10-2019, 08:42 AM
Senior Member
 
WRXpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 314
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 170
The pixel response times that are 2-3X every other modern set, and local dimming that takes up to 2(!) sec. lag to respond totally take this out of the running for me.
Too bad, as it sounds great on paper. Or at least as good as the TCL 6.
theboomr likes this.
WRXpilot is offline  
post #44 of 88 Old 07-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Has anyone with this TV noticed an issue with whites flickering when viewing HDR content over HDMI, but not through internal apps like Netflix? Saw a video on YouTube showing this issue with the H8F when playing Uncharted 4.
theboomr is offline  
post #45 of 88 Old 07-17-2019, 05:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
Has anyone with this TV noticed an issue with whites flickering when viewing HDR content over HDMI, but not through internal apps like Netflix? Saw a video on YouTube showing this issue with the H8F when playing Uncharted 4.
I have noticed some flickering with HDR, it isn't just relegated to whites either. I have noticed it in Hellblade on the Xbox One X in one scene when looking at the clouds. So wasn't too distracting there. However, I am going through the Marvel films in release order prior to Endgame being released in 4K and I can see some flickering with the internal apps. Like when watching all of the Jurassic Park films with Vudu. There was some noticeable flickering happening. Not sure if it is an issue with Dolby Vision or not. Don't remember really seeing any flicker with Stranger Things Season 3, Altered Carbon, Love Death + Robots or Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. It may be just an HDR10 issue that could hopefully be resolved.
theboomr likes this.
JessieBristol is online now  
post #46 of 88 Old 09-04-2019, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Devedander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Anyone able to get HDR YouTube working? I installed smart YouTube but it still doesn't trigger HDR playback...

Also I'm finding some games and shows really get hit hard by the local dimming slowness.

Spiderman on PS4 and glow in Netflix really mess with the lights... Anyone found settings to improve other than turning HDR off?
Devedander is offline  
post #47 of 88 Old 10-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Not sure if maybe an update caused this problem but I'm having a very bad issue when watching HDR content. Certain scenes in games or movies will cause like a color flickering or flashing effect which is really distracting. If I'm watching a movie and rewind it will happen in the same spot where it seems like parts of the picture will flash between SDR and HDR. If playing games it usually happens when looking at the sky. If you have an Xbox One X you can reproduce this by downloading the free Insects HDR demo app and it happens at about half way through and again at the end where the sky starts flashing like HDR is turning on and off. I also noticed that the local dimming is very slow and it stays on for several seconds when switching scenes
Mike 22922 is offline  
post #48 of 88 Old 10-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 35
For HDR flickering, try reducing Contrast from the default of 58 to 42. This will give you the most specular highlight detail because the TV clips contrast quite significantly (in HDR). The TV also crushes black detail quite a bit (also in HDR), when using the default Contrast of 58 you should raise the Brightness to 52. When using a Contrast value of 42 you should raise the Brightness to 54. Don't raise the Brightness any higher or you will raise the black level. I found these settings have greatly reduced HDR flickering.
theboomr likes this.
JessieBristol is online now  
post #49 of 88 Old 10-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I gave it a try and it didn't seem to help a great deal unfortunately, at least for playing games on Xbox. The flickering is a deal killer for me, I either have to turn off HDR which really is the main reason for buying the set or return it before the window closes. Is Hisense good about updates to fix this sort of thing? I'm surprised more reviewers didn't bring this up
Mike 22922 is offline  
post #50 of 88 Old 10-21-2019, 10:44 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Here is the HDR flickering in action. I think it only happens with HDMI not on the apps

https://imgur.com/a/7Q9fiJX
theboomr likes this.
Mike 22922 is offline  
post #51 of 88 Old 10-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 22922 View Post
Here is the HDR flickering in action. I think it only happens with HDMI not on the apps

https://imgur.com/a/7Q9fiJX
Hm, that issue I have not had. But it does look similar to an issue I have every once and a while where certain sections of the backlight will freak out and flicker like crazy upon turning on the TV. I then have to turn it off and back on and it fixes it.
JessieBristol is online now  
post #52 of 88 Old 10-24-2019, 11:31 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieBristol View Post
Hm, that issue I have not had. But it does look similar to an issue I have every once and a while where certain sections of the backlight will freak out and flicker like crazy upon turning on the TV. I then have to turn it off and back on and it fixes it.
I think you mentioned having an Xbox One X? There's a free HDR/4k demo in the Xbox store called Insects. If you play through the short demo which is about a minute you should see the sky start flickering in a few parts. I'm willing to bet this flickering issue affects every H8F out there
Mike 22922 is offline  
post #53 of 88 Old 10-28-2019, 06:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I was emailed an update file which fixed my issues. Not sure if there is an update issue on the TV, it said I was always on the latest version when I searched. The firmware update fixed the HDR HDMI flickering on the TV. HDR also now works in YouTube when it didn't before
theboomr likes this.
Mike 22922 is offline  
post #54 of 88 Old 10-29-2019, 08:09 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 22922 View Post
I was emailed an update file which fixed my issues. Not sure if there is an update issue on the TV, it said I was always on the latest version when I searched. The firmware update fixed the HDR HDMI flickering on the TV. HDR also now works in YouTube when it didn't before
When I installed the update this AM it said "fixes PQ and bugs".....I was only able to watch 1 show for a few minutes and PQ did appear better through Hulu live. I hope the Android platform works better because that was awful. Frezze ups, random reboots and horrible PQ and blurring----I had no such problems with my Roku streaming stick on this TV.
cessna152flyboy is offline  
post #55 of 88 Old 10-29-2019, 01:20 PM
Newbie
 
Marinermoose241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna152flyboy View Post
When I installed the update this AM it said "fixes PQ and bugs".....I was only able to watch 1 show for a few minutes and PQ did appear better through Hulu live. I hope the Android platform works better because that was awful. Frezze ups, random reboots and horrible PQ and blurring----I had no such problems with my Roku streaming stick on this TV.
Can you post the build number that you updated to?

Thanks
Marinermoose241 is offline  
post #56 of 88 Old 10-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 22922 View Post
I was emailed an update file which fixed my issues. Not sure if there is an update issue on the TV, it said I was always on the latest version when I searched. The firmware update fixed the HDR HDMI flickering on the TV. HDR also now works in YouTube when it didn't before
That is great to hear!
theboomr is offline  
post #57 of 88 Old 10-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Newbie
 
Marinermoose241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 22922 View Post
I was emailed an update file which fixed my issues. Not sure if there is an update issue on the TV, it said I was always on the latest version when I searched. The firmware update fixed the HDR HDMI flickering on the TV. HDR also now works in YouTube when it didn't before
Are you able to post the firmware upgrade they sent you? I can't seem to get my TV to find an update.
Marinermoose241 is offline  
post #58 of 88 Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinermoose241 View Post
Can you post the build number that you updated to?

Thanks
I will check when I get home. However, PQ during sports still sucks. I once again compared it with my Roku streaming stick watching hockey and the Roku, hands down, was far more pleasing to watch. On Android TV there was motion blur that was brutal and unacceptable. How could it be that bad?

Also, Hulu live still freezes and is slow at responding to the remote. I'm just about to turn off wifi and stick with my Roku stick----Android TV is awful.
cessna152flyboy is offline  
post #59 of 88 Old 10-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Newbie
 
Marinermoose241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
If anyone can post a link to the lastest 50H8F firmware that would be greatly appreciated. My TV says it's on it's latest update however I don't have Amazon Prime so I know it's not the latest.
Marinermoose241 is offline  
post #60 of 88 Old 10-30-2019, 06:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Youtube recently updated for me. It can now display HDR content.
JessieBristol is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off