2019 Vizio P series G1 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #271 of 308 Old 12-20-2019, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssavell View Post
Thinking about picking this tv up. Not sure whether to go with this set, the TCL 75R617 or for lower in size to the Sony 65x900F. What made you guys ultimately choose this set? Thanks!
Ssavell,

I chose the 75 inch P Series Quantum for a few reasons which I posted in other threads but to summarize here:

My three choices were between the P Series Quantum, the Hisense H9F and the TCL 6 series (2018 or 2019 initially). After going to the local BB and looking at three of the four displays side by side I realized a couple things...

1) I wanted 75 inch instead of 65 inch. The larger display was more immersive and showed off 4k detail more so than the 65 inch,

2) The P Series quantum had more "pop" to the image than the the 2 TCL sets. Part of that was the demo material they were running. I really liked the colors and the contrast on the P Series Quantum in comparison to the 2 TCL displays.

The Hisense H9F wasn't on display and didn't come in a 75 inch so that left me with either the P series Quantum or the TCL 75 R617. The P Series Quantum had Quantum dots. The TCL did not so I opted for the P Series Quantum.

I could not be happier with my choice after about a month of daily use with a variety of content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 308 Old 12-20-2019, 06:43 AM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWHolland56 View Post
I have the Vizio Quantum P659-G1 for about a week now. Anyone having any issues using a Roku Premier +? I had it hooked up originally through an HDMI switch. The device would attempt to boot and you can actually see the bouncing Roku logo seen while booting. However the set then displays a message that there is no Roku or other device connected. I changed ports on the switch and got the same result. I also switched HDMI inputs on the set itself and still got the same result. The Roku works because I had it working on another Vizio set previously. I have a 4K Firestick hooked up through the same switch and it works with no issues at all. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gary,

I don't have a definitive answer for you but I can share my experience with the Roku Premier. I had the device on my previous 4k display and moved it over to the Vizio because there were some apps on there that I couldn't initially watch on the Vizio.

I ran into an issue when trying to set the Roku display resolution to 4K HDR at 60 hz. The screen flickered briefly and then froze. In fear that I did something to the display I shut everything down then tried again but this time only with 4k at 60 hz with no HDR. It worked perfectly then and I was able to use the Roku as I had in the past. I was troubled by this though so I started digging into menus and researching a bit online. What I eventually discovered was that I need to turn the Full HDR color "on" for that input. It is in the settings menu under "inputs".

To make it further interesting I could not turn it on for an input unless that input had my 4k Blu rayer player plugged into it. So what I did was to take turns plugging the 4k blu player into each HDMI input and turning on the Full HDR color for each input. Once it was on it then didn't matter what I plugged into it (Roku, cable box, xbox, etc...) the Full HDR color stayed on.

When I plugged the Roku back into one of the HDMI ports with Full HDR color on and then changed the display settings on the Roku Premier to 4K HDR at 60 hz then the Roku Premier worked perfectly.

I am not sure if this is the same situation you are running in to but I thought I would mention it regardless.
post #273 of 308 Old 12-20-2019, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Ssavell,

I chose the 75 inch P Series Quantum for a few reasons which I posted in other threads but to summarize here:

My three choices were between the P Series Quantum, the Hisense H9F and the TCL 6 series (2018 or 2019 initially). After going to the local BB and looking at three of the four displays side by side I realized a couple things...

1) I wanted 75 inch instead of 65 inch. The larger display was more immersive and showed off 4k detail more so than the 65 inch,

2) The P Series quantum had more "pop" to the image than the the 2 TCL sets. Part of that was the demo material they were running. I really liked the colors and the contrast on the P Series Quantum in comparison to the 2 TCL displays.

The Hisense H9F wasn't on display and didn't come in a 75 inch so that left me with either the P series Quantum or the TCL 75 R617. The P Series Quantum had Quantum dots. The TCL did not so I opted for the P Series Quantum.

I could not be happier with my choice after about a month of daily use with a variety of content.
Thanks for your thoughts. I know I want a 75” but not sure since I found the 65” X900F for a good deal. Not sure if I can pass it up considering the good reviews on the Sony compared to the panel lottery of the Vizio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 308 Old 12-20-2019, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankKD View Post
Gary,

I don't have a definitive answer for you but I can share my experience with the Roku Premier. I had the device on my previous 4k display and moved it over to the Vizio because there were some apps on there that I couldn't initially watch on the Vizio.

I ran into an issue when trying to set the Roku display resolution to 4K HDR at 60 hz. The screen flickered briefly and then froze. In fear that I did something to the display I shut everything down then tried again but this time only with 4k at 60 hz with no HDR. It worked perfectly then and I was able to use the Roku as I had in the past. I was troubled by this though so I started digging into menus and researching a bit online. What I eventually discovered was that I need to turn the Full HDR color "on" for that input. It is in the settings menu under "inputs".

To make it further interesting I could not turn it on for an input unless that input had my 4k Blu rayer player plugged into it. So what I did was to take turns plugging the 4k blu player into each HDMI input and turning on the Full HDR color for each input. Once it was on it then didn't matter what I plugged into it (Roku, cable box, xbox, etc...) the Full HDR color stayed on.

When I plugged the Roku back into one of the HDMI ports with Full HDR color on and then changed the display settings on the Roku Premier to 4K HDR at 60 hz then the Roku Premier worked perfectly.

I am not sure if this is the same situation you are running in to but I thought I would mention it regardless.

Hey Frank,
Thanks for your thoughts however I had read that on I believe Roku’s support page about the input settings so I had already set my Vizio up for that. Unfortunately it didn’t seem to make a difference. But now you have me wondering if my HDMI switch might be the culprit.
Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #275 of 308 Old 12-22-2019, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
After having run my Vizio through its paces this month I think I’m leaning towards sending it back.

Sure it looks great, but the panel has too many blooming/DSE/jailbands to ignore. The panel had issues from day one, but just today I noticed that the jail bands turned into a series of dots, and had migrated to the center of the screen.

What to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #276 of 308 Old 12-31-2019, 10:08 AM

I ordered a P759-G1 from Walmart.com and after 40 days, I have a black screen issue like others have had so I am disappointed. It started with my regular PS4 where the screen would turn off for a few seconds at a time but then come back on. I had other weird issues where my Sony Receiver remote and PS4 controller would interfere with the Vizio volume control but I didn't think it was anything major.

On the 27th, the screen went black and the only way to get it to show was to push the INPUT button on the back of the screen. If I had the PS4 on, it turned black. If I touched ANY button on the remote, it went black. There is no way to factory reset the TV other than using the remote so Vizio told me that they would swap out my TV for a brand new one.

This morning I got a call that the Warehouse does not have an A Grade replacements (new) but I can go with their B Grade recertified TV. I told them that I do not want to pay full price for a recertified TV.

So here I am stuck with a broken TV that I can't return to Walmart since it is past their 30 day return window and Vizio has no estimation as to when they will get an A grage TV in stock to give me. They aren't willing to give me a discount and can't give me a refund since I ordered it with Walmart. All I have had were low end TVs and I have not had a single problem with those cheap TVs and then I step up to Vizio and I have a problem that Vizio cannot immediately fix. I hope somehow I get a refund so that I can go with a Sony instead.

The screen was excellent but the quality and customer support is lacking
post #277 of 308 Old 01-03-2020, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuma8 View Post
I ordered a P759-G1 from Walmart.com and after 40 days, I have a black screen issue like others have had so I am disappointed. It started with my regular PS4 where the screen would turn off for a few seconds at a time but then come back on. I had other weird issues where my Sony Receiver remote and PS4 controller would interfere with the Vizio volume control but I didn't think it was anything major.

On the 27th, the screen went black and the only way to get it to show was to push the INPUT button on the back of the screen. If I had the PS4 on, it turned black. If I touched ANY button on the remote, it went black. There is no way to factory reset the TV other than using the remote so Vizio told me that they would swap out my TV for a brand new one.

This morning I got a call that the Warehouse does not have an A Grade replacements (new) but I can go with their B Grade recertified TV. I told them that I do not want to pay full price for a recertified TV.

So here I am stuck with a broken TV that I can't return to Walmart since it is past their 30 day return window and Vizio has no estimation as to when they will get an A grage TV in stock to give me. They aren't willing to give me a discount and can't give me a refund since I ordered it with Walmart. All I have had were low end TVs and I have not had a single problem with those cheap TVs and then I step up to Vizio and I have a problem that Vizio cannot immediately fix. I hope somehow I get a refund so that I can go with a Sony instead.

The screen was excellent but the quality and customer support is lacking
Unless im mistaken, as long as you bought it from Walmart (in store or online) and not through a 3rd party marketplace seller you should be able to exchange out the tv for a new one since you're within their holiday return schedule. Give them a call and ask. If I am incorrect and they say no I'd still take it in to your local Walmart and try exchanging. Ask for a manager as they have the power to make exceptions in these cases. If you have kids bring them with and have them put on their sad faces and say this tv was a x-mas gift to your family and plead your case. Mention that you contacted Vizio only to be offered a refurbished unit.
Chances are you won't have to do this and can exchange via extended holiday return schedule, if not I'd still bet you'll be able to get the manager to make this exception being not even 2 weeks over 30 day return policy. GL
THX1720 likes this.
post #278 of 308 Old 01-15-2020, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quick question for any G1 owner who may know the answer:

I continue to be amazed by the picture quality on this set, but does anyone know why Film Mode is locked at off after creating a customized display profile and saving it to the existing list? I'm using "Calibrated," which of course shows an asterisk after any change. I can toggle Film Mode (and Game Mode) on and off if I leave it this way, but renaming it only allows me to toggle Game Mode, which is weird. And this happens regardless of the device I have it connected it to—Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield Pro, etc. I thought switching from the ARC input to a different one might fix it, but it doesn't (although "24p" shows up in System Information even when Film Mode is set to off).

Maybe I'm exhibiting OCD with this, but seeing the toggle set to on in a customized profile assures me the TV is handling film cadence properly. Perhaps the Vizio techs are aware and will patch it in an upcoming release?
post #279 of 308 Old 01-21-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadp-series View Post
After having run my Vizio through its paces this month I think I’️m leaning towards sending it back.

Sure it looks great, but the panel has too many blooming/DSE/jailbands to ignore. The panel had issues from day one, but just today I noticed that the jail bands turned into a series of dots, and had migrated to the center of the screen.

What to do?

That looks pretty bad in comparison to some I’ve seen. It’s tough looking past some items after seeing the luck some have had with limited banding, DSE, and vignetting. Maybe you’re still within the exchange window?

Will be exchanging and playing the panel lottery with the set received about a week ago. After reviewing the forum here, it seems like a toss-up on wether that will be an improvement or not. My TV has a lense affect at the moment, with a significant vignette. Image attached for reference along with an inverted image. Any thoughts on wether this would be worth an exchange?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F60B3C32-5881-4587-9404-DB70741B1A95_1579644969099.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2673668  
post #280 of 308 Old 01-21-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclone07 View Post
That looks pretty bad in comparison to some I’ve seen. It’s tough looking past some items after seeing the luck some have had with limited banding, DSE, and vignetting. Maybe you’re still within the exchange window?

Will be exchanging and playing the panel lottery with the set received about a week ago. After reviewing the forum here, it seems like a toss-up on wether that will be an improvement or not. My TV has a lense affect at the moment, with a significant vignette. Image attached for reference along with an inverted image. Any thoughts on wether this would be worth an exchange?

Bwah...can’t seem to edit my post. Noob mistake. Here is an original unedited image. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8291.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	2673672

post #281 of 308 Old 02-01-2020, 05:11 AM

Liked: 4
Vizio is processing my refund.
My first TV turned on by itself. Changed inputs even though CEC was turned off. When pressing the power button, the screen would not turn on. They sent a repair guy that took 6 hours to change the main board. It did not fix the problem.
Vizio then sent me a replacement. Within 2 weeks, the screen would not turn on.
Vizio then sent me another replacement. Within 2 days, the TV would not turn on.
Vizio then sent me a replacement that logged into my wifi by itself.... They sent me my original TV without even resetting it.

Vizio then sent me what was supposed to be a 4th replacement. It arrived cracked.
I had 14 different cases open with Vizio about this TV, and I told them I do not want it replaced again I want my money back. They finally said they will process a refund and have someone come pick it up.

From my experience, Vizio does not refurbish TVs. They simply send TVs that people return out to other people. Thank god Chromecast sucks so badly that I never bothered using it, or someone out there would have quite a few streaming networks that I am paying for.

I have noticed that every big box store has these on sale now. Just a warning, stay away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WTF.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2678706  
post #282 of 308 Old 02-02-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmodeus View Post
Quick question for any G1 owner who may know the answer:

I continue to be amazed by the picture quality on this set, but does anyone know why Film Mode is locked at off after creating a customized display profile and saving it to the existing list? I'm using "Calibrated," which of course shows an asterisk after any change. I can toggle Film Mode (and Game Mode) on and off if I leave it this way, but renaming it only allows me to toggle Game Mode, which is weird. And this happens regardless of the device I have it connected it to—Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield Pro, etc. I thought switching from the ARC input to a different one might fix it, but it doesn't (although "24p" shows up in System Information even when Film Mode is set to off).

Maybe I'm exhibiting OCD with this, but seeing the toggle set to on in a customized profile assures me the TV is handling film cadence properly. Perhaps the Vizio techs are aware and will patch it in an upcoming release?
I am having problems getting that great image I keep reading about online with my P759-G1. I exchanged a 75 inch RU8000 for the G1 after reading so many great reviews about the vizio. I hate to admit that I feel the RU8000 had a nicer image. Any suggestions on calibrations that could help me out? I dont game at all. All I do is stream and rent movies.
post #283 of 308 Old 02-02-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankKD View Post
Ssavell,

Any recommendations on calibration for the P759-G1? While streaming HDR content on netflix cant seem to get as nice of an image I used to get from the RU8000 this vizio replaced. Color is amazing but cant seem to get a smooth looking picture if that makes any sense.
post #284 of 308 Old 02-03-2020, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Well I'm potentially a new owner. My M70-D crapped on me and SQ has offered me a P759G1 as a replacement set. I think it could be a very nice upgrade considering i've had my M70 for almost 4 years. I have scanned this thread and its hit or miss regarding panels and also there are a lot of you who do like this set.

Last edited by wmarkw; 02-06-2020 at 03:34 PM.
post #285 of 308 Old 02-13-2020, 08:20 AM

So I just upgraded from my P55-C1 to the P659-G1. I was mildly disappointed as I did not pay enough attention to the details when i did my research and placed the order as I thought I was buying the PQ from 2018.
That being said I feel like I won the panel lottery because the image is beautiful and I have almost no visible banding. With test frames you can find it if you go looking for it, but during any type of normal viewing you would never see it. i also have experienced no issues with corner vignette or blooming so all in all I am happy with the purchase and the upgrade from my P55 is huge.

My biggest gripe so far is that i find the premade "Calibrated" and "Calibrated Dark" just a tad too warm. I was hoping to find some posts with calibration but it seems no one here is bothering with it. I had finally gotten my P55-C1 to perfection recently after all of the SW updates and going back to review some of the older posts with updates.

I will try out the RTING calibration this evening, but really hoping to start seeing some calibration threads pop up as it is nice to have a few to choose from/test.
FrankKD likes this.
post #286 of 308 Old 02-18-2020, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Well i finally got my SQ replacement set today. Got it all unpacked and it survived the trip from a BJs up north. Set it up and messed around some and unfortunately i got the dreaded jail bands/dot issue that @bigbadp-series has above. I'm not one to go looking for issues and I know that a lot of LCDs suffer from some banding but I can't look past this. I can see it on most content from basic you tube vids to sports. Will this go away or no? The HDR/DV looks fantastic though so it's a bummer. Gonna give SQ a call and have them send me another set; hopefully it wont be a hassle. Anyone have issues sending back or getting another replacement set from SQ? Box/display is a beast. Thanks.

post #287 of 308 Old 02-19-2020, 10:49 AM

New P759-G1 owner here. So far my impressions are mixed. Picture seems good (but this is the first TV I've bought in 7 years and I have nothing to compare it to), and the audio is way better than I expected. Don't use the built-in OS (do everything through a Roku Premiere+) so I can't comment on that. Non-4k content is noticeably bad from ~11 feet away , but I expected that, and bought the set knowing that as time goes on, more and more content will move to 4k. My biggest issues are with HDR. The biggest problem is the blacks - is it normal for the blacks in HDR to extremely gray?

After turning HDR on I thought that the overall color looked "washed out" - in particular the black looked very gray to me. I thought maybe I was crazy, but then I found a (supposedly) HDR video on YouTube that was simply a black screen. With HDR (I think they call it UHD Color which is toggled on/off on a per-HDMI port basis?) off, it was black. With it on, it was unquestionably gray - the difference between the two so huge I couldn't believe it. I don't know how to explain how huge the difference was but it was completely shocking - it was like looking at the sky at night vs. at noon during a thunderstorm. The only way the HDR black screen actually looked black was to turn the brightness down to 10% - is that to be expected?

Is this normal? And to make matters worse, when watching what I think is an HDR video (i.e. the YouTube title says 4k HDR - is there a way to know for sure that the video I'm watching is HDR?), I see absolutely no difference in the (non-black) colors if I toggle HDR on/off. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
post #288 of 308 Old 02-29-2020, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jv1975avs View Post
New P759-G1 owner here. So far my impressions are mixed. Picture seems good (but this is the first TV I've bought in 7 years and I have nothing to compare it to), and the audio is way better than I expected. Don't use the built-in OS (do everything through a Roku Premiere+) so I can't comment on that. Non-4k content is noticeably bad from ~11 feet away , but I expected that, and bought the set knowing that as time goes on, more and more content will move to 4k. My biggest issues are with HDR. The biggest problem is the blacks - is it normal for the blacks in HDR to extremely gray?

After turning HDR on I thought that the overall color looked "washed out" - in particular the black looked very gray to me. I thought maybe I was crazy, but then I found a (supposedly) HDR video on YouTube that was simply a black screen. With HDR (I think they call it UHD Color which is toggled on/off on a per-HDMI port basis?) off, it was black. With it on, it was unquestionably gray - the difference between the two so huge I couldn't believe it. I don't know how to explain how huge the difference was but it was completely shocking - it was like looking at the sky at night vs. at noon during a thunderstorm. The only way the HDR black screen actually looked black was to turn the brightness down to 10% - is that to be expected?

Is this normal? And to make matters worse, when watching what I think is an HDR video (i.e. the YouTube title says 4k HDR - is there a way to know for sure that the video I'm watching is HDR?), I see absolutely no difference in the (non-black) colors if I toggle HDR on/off. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Ok so I just came here to report another issue I am hoping someone can help with but then read this last post and I see that same issue. "washed out" is EXACTLY what I'm seeing and I think all of this for me has to do with an HDR issue as well (see below). My whites even seem grey... I don't know how to explain it. I assume I messed up somewhere in picture settings. I've been thinking my Roku is the culprit and posted as much on their community just now but after reading this thread now I'm not so sure.

FYI I do have UHD on for the input I'm using (I'm trying to use HDMI 1 cause ARC but honestly at the moment everything is coming through my AVR so I guess any HDMI could be used).

The real reason I'm posting though is I can't get HDR to even stay working with a new roku. I just found a roku thread and posted the following quoted text there. If anyone has any tips here any help GREATLY appreciated. Been extremely frustrated the past few weeks trying to fix this issue:

Quote:
I have a brand new Roku Ultra.
I've gone through 3 HDMI cables so far. Ivanky, MonoPrice, MonoPrice+ (more exsensive active HDMI cable). All of these cables should handle full 4k 60Hz HDR.
If I do NOT turn on HDR everything is fine but I bought this new setup specifically to utilize HDR. When I force the roku to 4K 60Hz (NO HDR) I have no issues.
As soon as I put on Roku HDR the screen intermittently cuts out. If I run "auto" it will put the Roku on HDR mode as well and I get same result/issue. This happens even on the menu. YouTube, Netflix, etc. do the same thing. It doesn't actually have to be HDR content... I just get this issue as soon as I select HDR in options. Every 10-30 seconds sound/video cuts out for a bit. Sometimes it'll suddenly be fine for 5 minutes and then suddenly it'll keep happening almost non stop.
Again I've gone through 3 cables. I've tried multiple inputs on the Vizio. I have tried running the roku direct to the TV to take my AVR out of the equation and that makes no difference whatsoever.
I seem to do a bit better forcing Roku to Chroma 4:2:0 vs 4:2:2 but I shouldn't have to do that either. I want all the color... I didn't buy brand new stuff to use sub par options on my equipment! On 4:2:2 I get screen flickering as well which is in addition to the black/cutting out.
If I watch HDR through youtube app on the TV itself I have NO issues. Again if I watch that video through the Roku I get the issues as soon as HDR is enabled.
Just found this thread today and it seems I'm not alone. It has to be the roku.
I own a BUNCH of roku's and I would hate to move to another product but very frustrated I can't use HDR on the new TV I got only because I wanted to take advantage of HDR content!
So again I thought it was the Roku. Maybe it is. When I put the picture settings to default thought he "blacking" out thing seems to happen less... so maybe there is some setting I have wrong?
post #289 of 308 Old 02-29-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshhhhhh View Post
Ok so I just came here to report another issue I am hoping someone can help with but then read this last post and I see that same issue. "washed out" is EXACTLY what I'm seeing and I think all of this for me has to do with an HDR issue as well (see below). My whites even seem grey... I don't know how to explain it. I assume I messed up somewhere in picture settings. I've been thinking my Roku is the culprit and posted as much on their community just now but after reading this thread now I'm not so sure.

FYI I do have UHD on for the input I'm using (I'm trying to use HDMI 1 cause ARC but honestly at the moment everything is coming through my AVR so I guess any HDMI could be used).

The real reason I'm posting though is I can't get HDR to even stay working with a new roku. I just found a roku thread and posted the following quoted text there. If anyone has any tips here any help GREATLY appreciated. Been extremely frustrated the past few weeks trying to fix this issue:

So again I thought it was the Roku. Maybe it is. When I put the picture settings to default thought he "blacking" out thing seems to happen less... so maybe there is some setting I have wrong?

Love talking to myself =)

Quick update. Forget the washed out thing for me. I just played with some picture settings from others on here and after messing with a few things I think I just had some subpar settings.

The HDR / Roku thing persists. When things do "black out" the menu bar from the Vizio TV drops down. (edit: SOMETIMES drops down... I'd say not normally as I continue to play with it and lately its not doing that at all... no rhyme or reason I can tell). When it DOES drop down I see it say "2160" and "HDR 10" so it seems it is reading the right signal. The fact that it comes down when things go black sometimes (almost as if I was switching inputs) makes me think this might be a handshaking issue or something?
Again 4k/60Hz no issue.

4k/60Hz/HDR and the screen normally blacks out over and over (even on Roku menu)... but sometimes it might just be fine for a few min. I can't seem to nail down why. If I keep changing the settings in the Roku sometimes it seems to get "happy" for a bit. If I power cycle when I first come into Roku the issue always persists and happens almost immediately.

Last edited by sshhhhhh; 02-29-2020 at 04:54 PM.
post #290 of 308 Old 03-12-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshhhhhh View Post
Love talking to myself =)

Quick update. Forget the washed out thing for me. I just played with some picture settings from others on here and after messing with a few things I think I just had some subpar settings.

The HDR / Roku thing persists. When things do "black out" the menu bar from the Vizio TV drops down. (edit: SOMETIMES drops down... I'd say not normally as I continue to play with it and lately its not doing that at all... no rhyme or reason I can tell). When it DOES drop down I see it say "2160" and "HDR 10" so it seems it is reading the right signal. The fact that it comes down when things go black sometimes (almost as if I was switching inputs) makes me think this might be a handshaking issue or something?
Again 4k/60Hz no issue.

4k/60Hz/HDR and the screen normally blacks out over and over (even on Roku menu)... but sometimes it might just be fine for a few min. I can't seem to nail down why. If I keep changing the settings in the Roku sometimes it seems to get "happy" for a bit. If I power cycle when I first come into Roku the issue always persists and happens almost immediately.

Just mentioning maybe it was all cords.
I finally said screw it. Bought a super short cord rated at 48Gbps. Not even sure I believe that but whatever. Parked the roku RIGHT next to TV. Gave it it's own hdmi input. Just use ARC to get sound back to AVR now. It works with 4.2.2.

I still don't get why I could get a shield to work with the same longer cord but I got the picture I wanted and its glorious!
post #291 of 308 Old 03-19-2020, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sharing my experience (so far) with the P759-G1.
Ordered from Walmart when there was a quick price drop last month. With a 4 year extended warranty it was $300 less than current prices for tv only.
It arrived 3 weeks ago & had the dreaded banding in the exact center of the display! (’ll Post pics when I can). I sent it back & received a replacement last week. Had the driver wait while we opened it to ensure no damage. And of course the screen was cracked. So we refused the shipment & Walmart is sending yet another replacement scheduled for next week. I suppose I should call 1-800-Gambler as the panel lottery is frustrating. I suppose the positive is they even cut another $130 off for my troubles. I’ll report back when it arrives. The week I had the 1st one, I was quite impressed with the HDR (i’m Coming from an m60-C3 which was 4K but lacked HDR) I am crossing my fingers that 3rd time is the charm!
post #292 of 308 Old 03-19-2020, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I swapped mine out because of the banding/DSE, and the replacement panel is damn near perfect. VERY minimal DSE that most people would never notice, even during a hockey game. . I was thrilled. Now, six months out, I'm still thrilled with this TV.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #293 of 308 Old 03-20-2020, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just picked up a P759-G1 to replace my M70 and its panel appears to be fine so apparently I got lucky there, that generation of M displays had panel issues too and I got lucky on that one as well, the M70 will be retired to the living room.

I see a few others have asked about settings, when I bought my M70 four years ago AVS members were keeping a Google doc of configuration settings for the community to use, is no one doing that for this P series? So far I like the display with the minor adjustments to the settings I've made based on rtings recommendations but I'm sure it can be dialed in more.

Last edited by *Firefly*; 03-20-2020 at 06:30 PM.
post #294 of 308 Old 03-20-2020, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Just recieved a firmware update on my P659. Was about 15 min long. Version 5.0.7.3. Looked on the vizio website for firmware updates but couldnt find any. Everything looks the same. Just an FYI. Cya.
Eric618 likes this.
post #295 of 308 Old 03-21-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Firefly* View Post
Just picked up a P759-G1 to replace my M70 and its panel appears to be fine so apparently I got lucky there, that generation of M displays had panel issues too and I got lucky on that one as well, the M70 will be retired to the living room.

I see a few others have asked about settings, when I bought my M70 four years ago AVS members were keeping a Google doc of configuration settings for the community to use, is no one doing that for this P series? So far I like the display with the minor adjustments to the settings I've made based on rtings recommendations but I'm sure it can be dialed in more.
My M60 unfortunately has been on a path of slow death. There are 3 zones around the screen that are slightly dim & 1 area that likes to flicker for the first several minutes after turning on. This all after 3 & 1/2 years of average use. (Kicking myself I didn’t get an extended warranty! Hence the 4 years I purchased on the p759) During the short time I had the new tv before returning it, I used the settings someone posted on page 4 or 5 of this thread. Worked well, especially made a difference for xfinity 1080 cable feeds. Of course I didn’t keep a copy of my tweaked settings before I sent it back so will be starting from scratch on Monday after delivery.
post #296 of 308 Old 03-21-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxsamg View Post
Sharing my experience (so far) with the P759-G1.
Ordered from Walmart when there was a quick price drop last month. With a 4 year extended warranty it was $300 less than current prices for tv only.
It arrived 3 weeks ago & had the dreaded banding in the exact center of the display! (’️ll Post pics when I can). I sent it back & received a replacement last week. Had the driver wait while we opened it to ensure no damage. And of course the screen was cracked. So we refused the shipment & Walmart is sending yet another replacement scheduled for next week. I suppose I should call 1-800-Gambler as the panel lottery is frustrating. I suppose the positive is they even cut another $130 off for my troubles. I’️ll report back when it arrives. The week I had the 1st one, I was quite impressed with the HDR (i’️m Coming from an m60-C3 which was 4K but lacked HDR) I am crossing my fingers that 3rd time is the charm!
Pictures of the banding on my set that I returned

Name:	58FDCCD8-5E61-417E-843A-FDD9E0FC0A77_1584802786597.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	2700166Click image for larger version

Name:	E293F4D3-705D-4CE6-935F-8D6361FCA591_1584802775958.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	2700164

Last edited by Rxsamg; 03-21-2020 at 07:59 AM.
post #297 of 308 Old 03-23-2020, 06:23 PM

Got the 3rd (replacement) P759 today. Aaaaand...........it is awesome. No issues that I can find. Very happy with it. And oddly enough pretty well calibrated out of the box. I will hold off on tweaking until it has been broken in. FYI, I am running xfinity 1080p cable, AFTV 4K, Xbox1 S, screenbeam WiFi for laptop, & 2x1 PIP. All thru Denon AVR-X3200W & control via Harmony hub remote. I cannot wait to get it off the floor & swap it with the M60-C3 on the wall, but I cannot seem to get any help to do it (shocking)
Eric618 likes this.

Last edited by Rxsamg; 03-25-2020 at 12:23 AM.
post #298 of 308 Old 03-24-2020, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Just picked up one of these. I was using the smart cast while waiting on on fire stick 4k and rokustick 4K+. I'm really annoyed that Disney+ app exists but doesn't work.

Also once I got my rokustick I can't set the Roku to display type hdr 60hz on hdmi4 but can on HDMI 5. The Vizio support site says HDMI doesn't support hdr and ports 1 and 2 don't fit sticks! Going to test out further but would hate to drop money on a HDMI extension cable.
post #299 of 308 Old 03-25-2020, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjman View Post
Just picked up one of these. I was using the smart cast while waiting on on fire stick 4k and rokustick 4K+. I'm really annoyed that Disney+ app exists but doesn't work.

Also once I got my rokustick I can't set the Roku to display type hdr 60hz on hdmi4 but can on HDMI 5. The Vizio support site says HDMI doesn't support hdr and ports 1 and 2 don't fit sticks! Going to test out further but would hate to drop money on a HDMI extension cable.
The Disney app works fine on my display. What does your display do when trying to use the app? Also a extender cable for hdmi is 6ish bucks.
post #300 of 308 Old 03-25-2020, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjman View Post

The Disney app works fine on my display. What does your display do when trying to use the app? Also a extender cable for hdmi is 6ish bucks.
That's odd. I can launch the app but won't play any videos. It also logs me off everytime.

Perhaps I should reset the tv. Doubt it matters but I have the P759-G1. I also read online that the Disney+ app won't be ready until some time in 2020 which lead me to believe it was an issue with all Vizio TV Smartcast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page