2019 Vizio P series G1 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #301 of 310 Old 03-25-2020, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Anyone using a Third Party Center Stand that mounts to the TV's mounting holes opposed to the feet that come with it? I'm limited to a 50" TV on my current TV Stand due to all these TVs having Feet on either end opposed to a nice Center Stand like my current Plasma (and the expensive OLEDs). I'm looking to upgrade to a 65", but require a Center Stand for it to fit on my Stand. Replacing the TV Stand is not an option as it's a beautiful piece of furniture purchased from an Amish Store with other furniture to match. It's possible I can go back to the builder and purchase a new Custom Stand that is wider, but a Center Stand mounted to the mounting holes seems cheaper

If anyone is, I'd love to know a good one that fits this TV.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 310 Old 03-25-2020, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjman View Post
That's odd. I can launch the app but won't play any videos. It also logs me off everytime.

Perhaps I should reset the tv. Doubt it matters but I have the P759-G1. I also read online that the Disney+ app won't be ready until some time in 2020 which lead me to believe it was an issue with all Vizio TV Smartcast
When Disney launched the service, Vizio did not have an app yet and forced you to use a device and cast to the tv. They then made a dedicated app and like I said mines been solid. Are you sure you have the right login credentials? Could try a soft power cycle instead of a reset. On tv go menu, system, then reset and admin. Worth a shot. Good luck.
post #303 of 310 Old 03-26-2020, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteJ View Post
When Disney launched the service, Vizio did not have an app yet and forced you to use a device and cast to the tv. They then made a dedicated app and like I said mines been solid. Are you sure you have the right login credentials? Could try a soft power cycle instead of a reset. On tv go menu, system, then reset and admin. Worth a shot. Good luck.
I worked on it last night and reset the TV. The app is working. And yes I'm positive on the login credentials.

So first time power up Tv ->software update -> TV was on and semi working (Disney+ app non functional) -> performed a full reset -> tv powered up -> Another software update came in during setup -> Disney+ app working now.

I wish I noted the firmware version before and after, I'm hoping to have the latest now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 310 Old 03-26-2020, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
I worked on it last night and reset the TV. The app is working. And yes I'm positive on the login credentials.

So first time power up Tv ->software update -> TV was on and semi working (Disney+ app non functional) -> performed a full reset -> tv powered up -> Another software update came in during setup -> Disney+ app working now.

I wish I noted the firmware version before and after, I'm hoping to have the latest now.
Awesome, glad you got it working.
post #305 of 310 Old 03-26-2020, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Also once I got my rokustick I can't set the Roku to display type hdr 60hz on hdmi4 but can on HDMI 5. The Vizio support site says HDMI doesn't support hdr and ports 1 and 2 don't fit sticks! Going to test out further but would hate to drop money on a HDMI extension cable.
I use HDMI 1 due to ARC, but I tested HDMI 4 & 5 and it allows 60hz HDR. Maybe make sure your settings are correct? Vizio menu under inputs allows you to enable HDR on an each input basis. Make sure it’s set correctly. Unless you have a faulty port.

Last edited by Rxsamg; 03-26-2020 at 08:49 AM.
post #306 of 310 Old 03-26-2020, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post
Anyone using a Third Party Center Stand that mounts to the TV's mounting holes opposed to the feet that come with it? I'm limited to a 50" TV on my current TV Stand due to all these TVs having Feet on either end opposed to a nice Center Stand like my current Plasma (and the expensive OLEDs). I'm looking to upgrade to a 65", but require a Center Stand for it to fit on my Stand. Replacing the TV Stand is not an option as it's a beautiful piece of furniture purchased from an Amish Store with other furniture to match. It's possible I can go back to the builder and purchase a new Custom Stand that is wider, but a Center Stand mounted to the mounting holes seems cheaper

If anyone is, I'd love to know a good one that fits this TV.

Thanks,
I'm using a Fitueyes universal center stand on my P659-G1 without any issues. Got it from Amazon. I have the same problem that you do - an existing stand that just isn't wide enough for the feet on a 65" set.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #307 of 310 Old 04-02-2020, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshhhhhh View Post
Just mentioning maybe it was all cords.
I finally said screw it. Bought a super short cord rated at 48Gbps. Not even sure I believe that but whatever. Parked the roku RIGHT next to TV. Gave it it's own hdmi input. Just use ARC to get sound back to AVR now. It works with 4.2.2.

I still don't get why I could get a shield to work with the same longer cord but I got the picture I wanted and its glorious!
Can you tell me what cable you bought? I bought new 2.1 cables to try to get my Roku to work in 4K 60hz and I can't get it to work through my receiver or even connected directly to the TV with a 3' cable. Connect through my received with two 2.1 cables it refuses to allow 60hz, when connected to the TV it allows it but with periodic video drop outs which tells me it might still be the cable.
post #308 of 310 Old 04-02-2020, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post
I'm using a Fitueyes universal center stand on my P659-G1 without any issues. Got it from Amazon. I have the same problem that you do - an existing stand that just isn't wide enough for the feet on a 65" set.
I just bought an oak board to match my existing tv stand. Stained it and used a couple of small L brackets to secure it to the back of the existing stand. The new board sticks out about 5 inches or so, on each side of my oak tv stand. Looks great & works great. Maybe the guy who built your stand can make you up a compatible & removable new board / top for your stand. Worked for me.

Wife: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Nothing"
Wife: "You did nothing yesterday."
Me: "I wasn't finished."
post #309 of 310 Old 04-03-2020, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Firefly* View Post
Can you tell me what cable you bought? I bought new 2.1 cables to try to get my Roku to work in 4K 60hz and I can't get it to work through my receiver or even connected directly to the TV with a 3' cable. Connect through my received with two 2.1 cables it refuses to allow 60hz, when connected to the TV it allows it but with periodic video drop outs which tells me it might still be the cable.
Actually solved my problem last night. Anyone struggling to get a Roku 4 to output 4K HDR 10hz to this display it's not the TV or the cables, it's the Roku. On a whim I plugged my Roku Premiere+ into the receiver and bam, instantly auto detected 4K HDR 10hz and every app is outputting HDR10 with no issues.
post #310 of 310 Old 04-04-2020, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone, was hoping to get some advice. Wanted to see if anyone could tell me if my screen is relatively a good panel. Have had the TV for around 8 months and have a small dark spot noticeable on bright, light colored, panning shots. Been happy overall but just wanted to see other peoples thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200404_234041.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	2705866   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200404_233935.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2705868   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200404_234125.jpg
Views:	15