2019 Vizio P series G1 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #61 of 287 Old 07-23-2019, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhol View Post
Yep - told them I was sick of this line of TV's as it was my third and they requested an upgraded replacement....took 7 days to get a decision but they agreed

thanks for the reply

Did you go through Costco by chance?
How did you have a warranty this far out from purchase date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 287 Old 07-23-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispeck View Post
thanks for the reply

Did you go through Costco by chance?
How did you have a warranty this far out from purchase date?
TV was bought from Best Buy on 27th July 2018....so literally had 10 days warranty left.

I went direct to vizio - online chat.

Their support site sucks to be honest. They sent me an email saying it was shipped and had a clickable tracking number that does nothing and goes nowhere...not sure who they use for shipping.
post #63 of 287 Old 07-24-2019, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhol View Post
TV was bought from Best Buy on 27th July 2018....so literally had 10 days warranty left.

I went direct to vizio - online chat.

Their support site sucks to be honest. They sent me an email saying it was shipped and had a clickable tracking number that does nothing and goes nowhere...not sure who they use for shipping.
Sorry to ask for a favor but when you get the TV, are you able to confirm that the 2019 G model does NOT have the same audio lag in Dolby Digital on HDMI 5 with game mode on with the latest firmware?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 287 Old 07-24-2019, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispeck View Post
Sorry to ask for a favor but when you get the TV, are you able to confirm that the 2019 G model does NOT have the same audio lag in Dolby Digital on HDMI 5 with game mode on with the latest firmware?
I can try - I'll have it connected to a soundbar and directv 4k box, should be able to test it for you.

Won't be until next week as the scheduled "white glove" delivery is next Wednesday.
post #65 of 287 Old 07-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronarchy View Post
DSE/banding update....on my second set now. I've noticed the issue is related to the FALD array setting and seems to be exacerbated with HDR content.
W/ HDR content, Array off = most noticeable banding --> https://imgur.com/0tNlfwi
Array on, banding is less noticeable: https://imgur.com/OtbDz7f

Even when the array is on high, I can still see the banding although not as bad. Is there any fix for this?? It seems that this is just inherent to the LCD panel/backlight design (or maybe a QC issue at Vizio?). However, it's much worse than my edge lit Samsung LCD. Maybe FALD just makes it more noticeable?
It's really a shame because aside from the uniformity issues it's really a great picture, and the FALD aides in the nice contrast. But it's very distracting when playing games or watching sports. Do you guys have this same issue? I don't want to keep exchanging panels if they all have this. Really frustrating.
Looks like it's raining off in the distance.
post #66 of 287 Old 07-24-2019, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Howdy all. Just took delivery of a P G1.

I have a 16 P 75", and this is replacing a TCL 6 that I tried. It did so much right...but had very notable array banding.
So back it went.

Still setting up. Have it on calibrated with normal temp and AFA on medium.

First off, Its a good panel (finally!!) So to answer the question from the previous post....those screens are NOT normal.

I ran a greyscale test..Excellent uniformity. Very mild DSE. And very faint array....totally invisible on regular viewing so far, including football. Very slighty noticable on hockey, and only if you really really look. Needless to say...I stopped looking!!

Some fast observations,

I have not noticed blooming yet, but will run some test later tonight.

Oddly enough...youtube via smart cast is not working. Fortunately Xfinity has a YouTube app. I'm running eagles NFL films super bowl content and I am very impressed. (With the team and the screen!).

The ethernet port is super tight...

Very thin bezels. Finish is very nice,

The upscaling is significantly improved over my 2016 P. I ran some old SD content, and the improvement is very notable

The stands are very wide., wider then my 50 inch stand. I installed VIV legs (model TV00Y) and its very solid. They are hideous in the Box, put pretty much invisible once installed, and went together well.

I will post more as I dial it in. First impression is a Home Run.
post #67 of 287 Old 07-24-2019, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone have any issues with audio via ARC? I bought this TV a week ago and it's off to a pretty bad start. The first one had serious issues with the HDMI ports. Picture went in and out constantly. I got a replacement delivered and I am concerned that this is just a crappy TV line. The picture looks great but 2 minutes into a youtube 4k HDR video to test, the TV just died and I couldn't get it to turn back on for 5 minutes.

I haven't had that issue since but there is one problem I had with both sets and thought was just a part of the messed up HDMI ports on the first set. I have a Yamaha soundbar plugged into HDMI 1 (ARC) and a Roku Ultra plugged into HDMI 2. Whenever content stops playing, whether it's paused or a new episode from Netflix starts playing, there is no audio from the soundbar. The only way to fix it is to turn the soundbar off and then back on. This is pretty maddening especially when binge watching Netflix and having to turn the soundbar off and on every 20 minutes.

Any ideas? I'm getting pretty fed up with Vizio already and I'm close to getting another replacement TV but from another brand.
post #68 of 287 Old 07-24-2019, 09:50 PM

ARC issues plagued the 16/17 sets. I don't think its limited to Vizio.

My solution....I just don't use it.
post #69 of 287 Old 07-25-2019, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner89 View Post
Anyone have any issues with audio via ARC? I bought this TV a week ago and it's off to a pretty bad start. The first one had serious issues with the HDMI ports. Picture went in and out constantly. I got a replacement delivered and I am concerned that this is just a crappy TV line. The picture looks great but 2 minutes into a youtube 4k HDR video to test, the TV just died and I couldn't get it to turn back on for 5 minutes.

I haven't had that issue since but there is one problem I had with both sets and thought was just a part of the messed up HDMI ports on the first set. I have a Yamaha soundbar plugged into HDMI 1 (ARC) and a Roku Ultra plugged into HDMI 2. Whenever content stops playing, whether it's paused or a new episode from Netflix starts playing, there is no audio from the soundbar. The only way to fix it is to turn the soundbar off and then back on. This is pretty maddening especially when binge watching Netflix and having to turn the soundbar off and on every 20 minutes.

Any ideas? I'm getting pretty fed up with Vizio already and I'm close to getting another replacement TV but from another brand.
Took delivery of this TV yesterday and the picture is very nice. It seems I did good on the panel lottery as there is no DSE or visible backlight grid pattern and the corner vignetting is super minimal.

Hooked up the receiver and Roku and the picture kept cutting out. Blamed it on the receiver not being HDCP 2.2 or the cables not being up to par for 4K HDR (I don't know the HDMI spec of my cables, I bought them in 2016.)

Picture is great from the internal apps, but now I'm scared to go home and keep investigating the blacking-out issue.

Also didn't seem like ARC was doing anything, but again, kind of just blamed the receiver initially. Really hope I can avoid exchanging since the panel seemed to be perfect.

Last edited by Syradil; 07-25-2019 at 12:33 PM.
post #70 of 287 Old 07-25-2019, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I just bought a P65-f1 from a website and it was damaged when I got it. Screen is shattered. I'm dealing with their return claim process right now, but just noticed that the P659-G1 went on sale at X for X! [removed store and price, sorry]

I jumped at it immediately and am going to pick it up today.

I thought by all accounts it was everything the P65-f1 is but equal or better.

Now I am seeing these concerns about banding and such and am getting concerned.

I mostly picked the P65-f1 (and my old P50-C1) for their great black levels and active dimming in dark rooms.

I watch a lot of horror movies at night, and I watch a LOT of hockey.

Is the banding and blooming going to be an issue for me on this set? My P50-C1 is superb... could this actually be worse?

Also, I keep seeing excellent reviews for the PQ65-f1... what is the difference? Is looks like RTINGS hasn't even reviewed the p659-g1?

Thanks.

Last edited by calidus; 07-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.
post #71 of 287 Old 07-25-2019, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidus View Post
Is the banding and blooming going to be an issue for me on this set? My P50-C1 is superb... could this actually be worse?
I have a P50-C1 in my bedroom and the P659-G1 in my living room. Unlike some, I'm not seeing the pattern of the FALD backlighting on my P659-G1... and I don't notice blooming any more than I do on my P50-C1. The only thing I've noticed comparing the two is that I think the FALD algorithm could be a LITTLE faster on the P659-G1 for light/dark transitions. That said, it isn't that distracting and has historically been something Vizio has improved with post-launch firmware updates over time... so I'm not concerned.

I would 100% say that the image on the P659-G1 is superior to my P50-C1, and that it was worth the coin.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #72 of 287 Old 07-25-2019, 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=calidus;58340462

I thought by all accounts it was everything the P65-f1 is but equal or better.

Now I am seeing these concerns about banding and such and am getting concerned.
.[/QUOTE]

The G1 is far better then an f1. Quantum dots and a significant bump in Falds....Remember, people tend to post issues on the net. Rarely do happy people take the time to post positives....

My set is stunning. With every brand you are playing the panel lottery. Just buy from somewhere with a good return policy.
Jeremy Anderson and PlanetAVS like this.
post #73 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Thanks for the responses.

I picked it up last night.

I have to say I was a bit caught off, if not a tad disappointed or at least confused by the image quality at first. Normally you can set these things to Calibrated Dark and tweak it a tiny bit and you have a superb image. I found this set to look a little bit washed out, almost as if there was a slight hazy filter over the whole screen. It just didn't have much POP to it. I tested a few SDR and HDR sources, including some of my "go-tos" and they were good but not great compared to my memory of my P50-C1.

So I decided to re-invent the wheel and heavily tweak the settings. I actually found that I had to bring the backlight up a bit, brightness down, contrast up, gamma up, set dimming to at least medium, etc, in order to produce an image that looked good, has detailed blacks and had some bright pop as well.

In fact, on HDR10 settings for Netflix movies, I brought the contrast all the way up towards max and brought backlight up, brightness down, etc.

Finally I got the thing to look STUNNING. I tested a range of movies and shows, from dark horror movies like The Witch, to animated shows, action movies, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. Looks superb right now.

I guess I am just a little surprised that it seemed so washed out and flat out of the box, no matter which preset I chose. Usually calibrated dark is a good starting point. Now when I switch between my custom settings and the presets, it is laughable. BUT, I am also confused why I would need to adjust them so high... I usually leave contrast and b rightness at 50 as far as I recall.

Anyway... am now VERY happy with this set.
Also, no banding, DSE, blooming, or ANYTHING yet.
Only artifact I've seen is that occassionally(?) there is a motion blur/judder, like when a TIE Fighter moves across the screen it's wings judder and it lookes like there are two ships? I hate the smoothing stuff that inserts fake frames (soap opera effect), but should I be using "reduce judder"?
The only other thing I noticed is that SDR content sometimes look really bad. Is it bad upscaling? It looks heavily compressed with lots of digital artifacts. I'm wondering if it is just a source/andwidth/compression issue and I am noticing it more with the larger screen

Cheers and enjoy your sets!

Last edited by calidus; 07-26-2019 at 09:46 AM.
post #74 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Quote:

I have to say I was a bit caught off, if not a tad disappointed or at least confused by the image quality at first. Normally you can set these things to Calibrated Dark and tweak it a tiny bit and you have a superb image. I found this set to look a little bit washed out, almost as if there was a slight hazy filter over the whole screen. It just didn't have much POP to it. I tested a few SDR and HDR sources, including some of my "go-tos" and they were good but not great compared to my memory of my P50-C1.

So I decided to re-invent the wheel and heavily tweak the settings. I actually found that I had to bring the backlight up a bit, brightness down, contrast up, gamma up, set dimming to at least medium, etc, in order to produce an image that looked good, has detailed blacks and had some bright pop as well.

In fact, on HDR10 settings for Netflix movies, I brought the contrast all the way up towards max and brought backlight up, brightness down, etc.

Finally I got the thing to look STUNNING. I tested a range of movies and shows, from dark horror movies like The Witch, to animated shows, action movies, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. Looks superb right now.

I guess I am just a little surprised that it seemed so washed out and flat out of the box, no matter which preset I chose. Usually calibrated dark is a good starting point. Now when I switch between my custom settings and the presets, it is laughable. BUT, I am also confused why I would need to adjust them so high... I usually leave contrast and b rightness at 50 as far as I recall.

Only artifact I've seen is that occassionally(?) there is a motion blur/judder, like when a TIE Fighter moves across the screen it's wings judder and it lookes like there are two ships? I hate the smoothing stuff that inserts fake frames (soap opera effect), but should I be using "reduce judder"?
The only other thing I noticed is that SDR content sometimes look really bad. Is it bad upscaling? It looks heavily compressed with lots of digital artifacts. I'm wondering if it is just a source/andwidth/compression issue and I am noticing it more with the larger screen

The default is for the FALD for SDR to be on Low... but in the past, Vizio has recommended Medium for the 2018 PQ65 and I'm finding that Medium works better for SDR for me on this set as well. It was an either/or thing. I could either use Low with a backlight of 38 or Medium with a backlight of 20. I've settled on Medium/20.

I use Cal Dark on my P50-C1, but with the P659-G1 I am finding Calibrated to work better because of the 2.1 gamma. I'll be curious to see what RTINGS measures on these sets, but it seems to me like 2.1 gets me closer to what I expect to see picture-wise. My colorimeter died so I've been out of the calibrating game for a bit, but I have a general notion of what particular content should look like and it seems like the P659-G1 veers a little too dark in midtones with 2.2 gamma.

As with my P50-C1, I found that if I am being super critical with test patterns, Brightness 49 is where black levels are dead-on so that a 1% checkerboard still subtly shows on the screen. Anything below 49 clips that 1% checkerboard out of existence, so I would not run lower than 49. Contrast above 50 clips SDR white as expected, so I would not go higher than 50 there. If the overall image isn't bright enough for you, use gamma and backlight instead.

I don't use reduce judder on mine. I do notice that the 120Hz panel compared to the 60Hz panel in the P50-C1 gives a different look to motion that I'm having to grow accustomed to... but like with my P50-C1, it seems like you get some weird motion artifacts that tend to go away if you set Game Mode to On. I'm perfectly fine with way the set handles motion with the extra processing disabled this way.

I went from a 50" set to this 65" and like you, I noticed compression issues more. But I think it's just because 1) Uverse kinda' sucks and 2) the larger TV makes them stand out. I don't think it's a failing of the display itself. I have found that if I'm seeing lots of compression artifacts from SDR content on Uverse (especially blocking in darker areas), I can mitigate it somewhat by using Black Detail on Low. That would usually be anathema to me as I tend to want the closest-to-reference experience I can get, but it does generally make me not notice the issues as much.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #75 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by js950 View Post
Looks like it's raining off in the distance.
In the example I shared there was rain in the game, but unfortunately that is separate from the panel issue. Ended up returning the second set as well.
js950 likes this.
post #76 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 12:17 PM

Well, HDMI port 1 blinks to a black screen every few seconds.

HDMI port 2 blinks to a black screen every few seconds.

HDMI port 3 seemed to be a rock-solid winner, but after 3 hours of viewing it did it in the last minute of an episode of Stranger Things. Really spoiled my night.

I have moved the Roku to HDMI port 4, I hope it keeps improving the further I move away from 1...I had to go to bed before I could test it much.

I just need one stable port! That's it; everything can be plugged into the receiver as long as I can run the receiver to the TV. Seems like a terrible thing to compromise on given the $2,000 price tag but, like I said earlier, the panel I have is otherwise fantastic and exchanging a 75" TV is a pain in the ass.

Also getting brand spanking new monoprice HDMI cables delivered tomorrow, maybe they'll help?

(The built in speaker's also seem to have some kind of buzz going on, but I'll never, ever use them so it's kind of moot.)

Last edited by Syradil; 07-26-2019 at 12:21 PM.
post #77 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syradil View Post
Well, HDMI port 1 blinks to a black screen every few seconds.

HDMI port 2 blinks to a black screen every few seconds.

HDMI port 3 seemed to be a rock-solid winner, but after 3 hours of viewing it did it in the last minute of an episode of Stranger Things. Really spoiled my night.

I have moved the Roku to HDMI port 4, I hope it keeps improving the further I move away from 1...I had to go to bed before I could test it much.

I just need one stable port! That's it; everything can be plugged into the receiver as long as I can run the receiver to the TV. Seems like a terrible thing to compromise on given the $2,000 price tag but, like I said earlier, the panel I have is otherwise fantastic and exchanging a 75" TV is a pain in the ass.

Also getting brand spanking new monoprice HDMI cables delivered tomorrow, maybe they'll help?

(The built in speaker's also seem to have some kind of buzz going on, but I'll never, ever use them so it's kind of moot.)
I had the exact same issue with mine. I'd return it while you still can. HDMI 4 was the only port that worked but after a few days that started to go and woke up one morning with a bunch of colored vertical lines going across the tv.
post #78 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I had the exact same issue with mine. I'd return it while you still can. HDMI 4 was the only port that worked but after a few days that started to go and woke up one morning with a bunch of colored vertical lines going across the tv.
I only just got it Wednesday, so I have loads of time still and will be torturing it in the meantime.
post #79 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Set Coming Sunday

Best Buy is delivering my new P659-G1 65" Sunday.

Does anyone have any base settings to start with or had there set calibrated and want to share the settings?
post #80 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Folks, I'm moving next week and I'm going to be getting a larger screen for the new house. I was thinking about this model, probably the 75 inch, though possibly the 65.

The price seems to have dropped at all major retailers over the past day or two so I was about to pull the trigger, however it looks like there are a number of issues people are having which is making me hesitate.

There is an "Open-Box Certified" unit at a local Best Buy for $100 off. According to the website the open box certified units have been tested by the Geek Squad and passed their certification (unclear how rigorous that is), as well as coming with original packaging, accessories, and looking brand new. I'm wondering if being certified in the process would mean that the TV would be free of the broken HDMI ports and flashing screens that people are seeing. Anyone have any thoughts?

Best regards.
post #81 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mong00se View Post
Folks, I'm moving next week and I'm going to be getting a larger screen for the new house. I was thinking about this model, probably the 75 inch, though possibly the 65.

The price seems to have dropped at all major retailers over the past day or two so I was about to pull the trigger, however it looks like there are a number of issues people are having which is making me hesitate.

There is an "Open-Box Certified" unit at a local Best Buy for $100 off. According to the website the open box certified units have been tested by the Geek Squad and passed their certification (unclear how rigorous that is), as well as coming with original packaging, accessories, and looking brand new. I'm wondering if being certified in the process would mean that the TV would be free of the broken HDMI ports and flashing screens that people are seeing. Anyone have any thoughts?

Best regards.
FWIW my first set was open box certified from geek squad and it was broken from the second I took it out of the box. I think they just turned the tv on, saw it worked and moved along. Now that's just anecdotal, there's every chance the one you're talking about will work great for years to come but I thought I'd give my twice cents. I've agonized whether to take the risk and keep my replacement. It's shown some random issues that haven't happened more than once but after the 1st set I'm scared to keep this. I'm still in the exchange period and I originally wanted a Sony but it was too much money for me but now they're on sale.
post #82 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Best regards.
FWIW my first set was open box certified from geek squad and it was broken from the second I took it out of the box. I think they just turned the tv on, saw it worked and moved along. Now that's just anecdotal, there's every chance the one you're talking about will work great for years to come but I thought I'd give my twice cents. I've agonized whether to take the risk and keep my replacement. It's shown some random issues that haven't happened more than once but after the 1st set I'm scared to keep this. I'm still in the exchange period and I originally wanted a Sony but it was too much money for me but now they're on sale.
That was my exact concern. I'd hoped otherwise, but thinking their "certification" may just be turning on and off the screen.
post #83 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:

Best regards.
Spend the extra hundred on a new set. Espicially for a 75 inch screen...not worth the return risk.

And remember people don't usually post good reviews....they come to the net to vent over a bad experience. read other forums here. (EX sonyf900) u will see a ton of complaints. It all comes down to cost/features/budget.

Rtings has a P being tested now...review should be up in a few days. M reveiws posted today and was very positive.
post #84 of 287 Old 07-26-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klegg View Post
Quote:

Best regards.
Spend the extra hundred on a new set. Espicially for a 75 inch screen...not worth the return risk.

And remember people don't usually post good reviews....they come to the net to vent over a bad experience. read other forums here. (EX sonyf900) u will see a ton of complaints. It all comes down to cost/features/budget.

Rtings has a P being tested now...review should be up in a few days. M reveiws posted today and was very positive.
Thanks for the input. Yah that's what I'm thinking at this point. I'll be looking forward to seeing the rtings review for sure.
post #85 of 287 Old 07-27-2019, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

I did the same exact thing. I found the screen to have a haze to it, and then saw your post, and it looks awesome now. Colors pop, and the haze is gone. Thanks for posting your tips.
post #86 of 287 Old 07-27-2019, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I set up my 65" on Thursday night and had it boxed up in under 24 hours. The uniformity is poor and I could see a vertical band within the first 5 minutes. I checked the uniformity pattern within the tv and could see that band and tons of others.............my P65 C1 has vastly superior uniformity. I can't watch that and will return it to Costco. So this is either from poor design, poor parts, or shipping damage (I doubt it is shipping damage). This panel also showed, shockingly, flash lighting in all four corners. This was especially visible in the dark and in any fade to black scenes and no settings could completely get rid of it. The opening credits of Ghost in the Shell 4k disc showed this issue really well. I tried the same scenes on my P65 C1 and there is no flash lighting at all. The color on the 658 is slightly better and the blacks look a little better too, but there are too many defects with the new 658.......ridiculous!
post #87 of 287 Old 07-27-2019, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post
I set up my 65" on Thursday night and had it boxed up in under 24 hours. The uniformity is poor and I could see a vertical band within the first 5 minutes. I checked the uniformity pattern within the tv and could see that band and tons of others.............my P65 C1 has vastly superior uniformity. I can't watch that and will return it to Costco. So this is either from poor design, poor parts, or shipping damage (I doubt it is shipping damage). This panel also showed, shockingly, flash lighting in all four corners. This was especially visible in the dark and in any fade to black scenes and no settings could completely get rid of it. The opening credits of Ghost in the Shell 4k disc showed this issue really well. I tried the same scenes on my P65 C1 and there is no flash lighting at all. The color on the 658 is slightly better and the blacks look a little better too, but there are too many defects with the new 658.......ridiculous!
Sound like a bad panel lottery pick. I would exchange it and give it another try, especially with Costco's return policy.
post #88 of 287 Old 07-28-2019, 10:28 PM

By now we should have seen an increase in posting, since the majority of the "dell deal" units should have been delivered. I'm wondering if folks are buying the PX i stead....or think they have a PQ and are posting in that forum...
post #89 of 287 Old 07-29-2019, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Wow, I have owned my P659-G1 for almost a month now with very little issues. I am really surprised to see the majority of the post in this thread have been negative. I had concerns at first coming from a Panasonic 50'' plasma which I posted in a few spots. Overall, I feel like I am pretty happy with my P659-G1. I do notice maybe a small vertical band if I do a test for it slightly off center but only in the test have I ever noticed it. Never in a movie or anything. I also have never had an HDMI issue but I have only used HDMI 1.The upscaling does kind of suck. I think the black levels and overall colors are great. Maybe I was lucky in the panel lottery...? The issues I notice is when the Xbox is loading, I notice the spinning circle has color spinning with it. I also notice sometimes some issues with colors almost being in rows instead of smoothly transitioning. Hard to describe but in a sky scene would be an example of it or in a lot of smoke / fog.

I have a 45 day return window with BestBuy so I am waiting to see the review from rtings.com and to see if they will price match another retailer for me. I do keep wondering if a X900F would be worth the additional cost.

Electronics: Denon X3400H, Vizio P659-G1, Xbox One S
Subs: 2X PSA S3000i
Speakers: Chane A2.4, 2X Chane A5.4, 4X Elac OW4.2
post #90 of 287 Old 07-29-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus1095 View Post
Wow, I have owned my P659-G1 for almost a month now with very little issues. I am really surprised to see the majority of the post in this thread have been negative. I had concerns at first coming from a Panasonic 50'' plasma which I posted in a few spots. Overall, I feel like I am pretty happy with my P659-G1. I do notice maybe a small vertical band if I do a test for it slightly off center but only in the test have I ever noticed it. Never in a movie or anything. I also have never had an HDMI issue but I have only used HDMI 1.The upscaling does kind of suck. I think the black levels and overall colors are great. Maybe I was lucky in the panel lottery...? The issues I notice is when the Xbox is loading, I notice the spinning circle has color spinning with it. I also notice sometimes some issues with colors almost being in rows instead of smoothly transitioning. Hard to describe but in a sky scene would be an example of it or in a lot of smoke / fog.

I have a 45 day return window with BestBuy so I am waiting to see the review from rtings.com and to see if they will price match another retailer for me. I do keep wondering if a X900F would be worth the additional cost.
People who have zero issues with their sets are far, far less likely to make posts online about their perfectly awesome TV.

People with issues come here seeking answers and advice, so it looks much more negative than reality.

I also moved on from a 60" Panasonic VT plasma to this model. Nothing ever seemed like a good enough value until now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page