TCL 6 Series alternative for 65"? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-17-2019, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
TCL 6 Series alternative for 65"?

This seems like a great TV overall but I'm a bit sensitive to things like screen uniformity. I think I'd prefer an overall consistent image than have to adapt to any clouding or banding, which I've seen in videos would probably be a deal breaker for me. I love retro games and some of these games often contain screens with large patches of the same color.

My budget is around $700. I've seen that ratings on equally priced Samsung's aren't as good, but I'm not sure if I've read any major deal breaking issues. I've never bought a TCL and am a little concerned about quality control.

For some history, my old main TV was the Panasonic S60 (50"). We couldn't bring it with us when we moved, so I'm now using this older 43" Insignia. It's horrible, especially sitting 9 or 10 feet away. I loved the screen uniformity and motion handling on my plasma. I know none of these TVs will compare to it in many respects, but I just want to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-17-2019, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by PogueSquadron View Post
This seems like a great TV overall but I'm a bit sensitive to things like screen uniformity. I think I'd prefer an overall consistent image than have to adapt to any clouding or banding, which I've seen in videos would probably be a deal breaker for me. I love retro games and some of these games often contain screens with large patches of the same color.

My budget is around $700. I've seen that ratings on equally priced Samsung's aren't as good, but I'm not sure if I've read any major deal breaking issues. I've never bought a TCL and am a little concerned about quality control.

For some history, my old main TV was the Panasonic S60 (50"). We couldn't bring it with us when we moved, so I'm now using this older 43" Insignia. It's horrible, especially sitting 9 or 10 feet away. I loved the screen uniformity and motion handling on my plasma. I know none of these TVs will compare to it in many respects, but I just want to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks in advance!
Stop posting from your phone. On a PC, every "s" you type becomes "s" so your post title and contents look like gibberish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page