Official Hisense H9F series 55" & 65" Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 354Likes

post #31 of 1148 Old 07-30-2019, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3 more back in stock at Amazon

now showing 6 left

Last edited by vonzip; 07-30-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1148 Old 07-30-2019, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
I wonder if using something like a media bridge to connect to the wifi and then a router hung off the media bridge to make a new network for all your devices would work.
Only my tablet can get the wifi from apartment, the managers office is what has router and everything, they input some details in my tablet to get wifi, I cannot mess with their setup.

I know I can tether the wifi to my Windows 10 computer with no issues.

It is as simple as selecting usb tether on my tablets settings and run a usb cable to my computer, but I don't know if that would work for the tv or not.
post #33 of 1148 Old 07-30-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Smith View Post
Only my tablet can get the wifi from apartment, the managers office is what has router and everything, they input some details in my tablet to get wifi, I cannot mess with their setup.

I know I can tether the wifi to my Windows 10 computer with no issues.

It is as simple as selecting usb tether on my tablets settings and run a usb cable to my computer, but I don't know if that would work for the tv or not.
if all else fails you might be able connect the tv to the windows 10 computer (assuming it has wifi to act as a access point) using the built in internet connection sharing.

so apartment wifi->tablet->usb tether->Win10computer->ICS win10 wifi adapter as hotspot->the rest of your devices.
John_Smith likes this.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 1148 Old 07-30-2019, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
RTings.com has purchased an H9F, so there should be a review from them fairly soon.
theboomr and sithpuppet like this.
post #35 of 1148 Old 07-31-2019, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
How is the backlight delay on this? Bright to dark, dark to bright. I had an H8F and I found the 1-2 second delay awful and jarring at times.

How is HDR as far as brightness? I found the H8F just too dim for my taste. SDR was plenty bright though.

Shame to read the grey uniformity issues. H8F had that too. Not unexpected apparently but coming from a 2009 plasma which has none. I found it very distracting whenever a camera pans horizontally or some sports.

Those issues along with slow stuttery Android TV/Menus were my main issues with the otherwise impressive H8F.
post #36 of 1148 Old 07-31-2019, 02:51 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 44
One day delivery on the h9f through Amazon im guessing stock has increased
theboomr likes this.
post #37 of 1148 Old 07-31-2019, 06:56 AM

Hello everyone. I am new here from Indiana. I found this forum doing Google searches for TV's. I have anxiously waited for a new 4K TV this year. I currently own a Vizio 55" 1080P TV. It plays as good as the day I bought it. After doing weeks and weeks of researching, I narrowed down the TV I wanted this year to the Vizio P Series Quantum and the Hisense H9F. I was also wanting the LG SM9500 but over $2,000...no thanks...LOL And Samsung was never considered due to being over priced and no Dolby Vision support.
So, I decided to go with the Hisense due to the Vizio not having a voice activated remote control and it is more expensive than the Hisense. I am waiting on the 55" H9F to come out, if it ever does. I have contacted Hisense several times about this TV and I never get a direct answer. They never have a release date...

I was wondering what the owners of this TV think about it. Love to hear from you guys and gals, plus learn about this 4K stuff.
post #38 of 1148 Old 07-31-2019, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawn View Post
I am waiting on the 55" H9F to come out, if it ever does.
Is there any specific reason why you need to get the 55 incher? Wouldn't it be a nice upgrade to get the 65 instead? I think at this budget pricing, it's worth spending a little more for the 65.
post #39 of 1148 Old 07-31-2019, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
Is there any specific reason why you need to get the 55 incher? Wouldn't it be a nice upgrade to get the 65 instead? I think at this budget pricing, it's worth spending a little more for the 65.
Probably space constraints, I would guess. 55" is still pretty dang big for a lot of people.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Diehardfan likes this.
post #40 of 1148 Old 07-31-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
The 65 is a bit big for my room.
post #41 of 1148 Old 08-01-2019, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
Quote:
Probably space constraints, I would guess. 55" is still pretty dang big for a lot of people.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Yep, this for me. Also I am a little bit more worried about uniformity issues on bigger screens. And I can't fit a 65" I'm my car, haha.
theboomr likes this.
post #42 of 1148 Old 08-01-2019, 08:39 AM

I just saw this morning that the 55" H9F is available at BrandsmartUSA. They are in Florida, so if you live down there, you can pick one up. I hope this means that Best Buy will be getting them soon!!!!
theboomr likes this.
post #43 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 31
This guy started making videos on H9F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH...7PKapuchT2BnSA
So far (especially compared to Vizio and the price of $900 for 65"), I am really impressed.
It does seem Hisense has started to shape the TV market. ...then U9F next year, crazy times.
Diehardfan and theboomr like this.
post #44 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirekti View Post
This guy started making videos on H9F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH...7PKapuchT2BnSA
So far (especially compared to Vizio and the price of $900 for 65"), I am really impressed.
It does seem Hisense has started to shape the TV market. ...then U9F next year, crazy times.

This dual layer panel will de-thrown everyone next year! Q90R will be a toy compared to this!
post #45 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Another raving review on YouTube:

Vizio is going to take it in the shorts if it's charging $2,000 for the Quantum X, what a mess.
mirekti and theboomr like this.
post #46 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD8118 View Post
This dual layer panel will de-thrown everyone next year! Q90R will be a toy compared to this!
OOPS, just posted a duplicate of yours. Yes, this guy seems to be following the H9F closely and comparing it against other FLAGSHIPS! Nice
post #47 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Liking his videos. I can definitely see the differences in general color and picture quality between H9F and the Samsung and Sony. Sony has much better capability for deep blues, as can be seen on any shots of the sky, and it has what seems to be a much truer white overall. The Samsung though only seems very barely ahead of the H9F in terms of color and brightness. I feel like if I look at really tiny details I can see where the extra dimming zones are helping shadows be darker without crushing or losing detail, whereas the H9F seems to boost dark areas a bit more in order to avoid black crush. It's extremely minor though, and absolutely not worth the extra money to me. I'm not super sensitive to motion issues so to me all of them except the Vizio looked great on the 4K motion test, but the Vizio was indeed noticeably horrible, and I'm pretty surprised, honestly.

Can't wait for more of his videos! So far it looks like this TV is everything I was hoping for. I would really like to see a direct comparison to the TCL R617 though. Of course we have the TCL R625 coming out sometime this year, so that might change up the game a bit...
post #48 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 03:43 PM

Got it today. 65" version. So far early impressions are very good. Motion feels better all around. Colors are nicely juiced up. HDR no longer feels dim like the H8F.
The difference between the H8F and H9F backlight contrast is huge. Way better than H8F's grey uniformity. Though that's probably on a tv by tv basis. Still a bit of a bloomer. Seems a bit better though. I still see some blur/trailing in darker scenes like the H8F. The Android TV still feels way too weak. Even adjusting volume causes stutter during vudu playback. Same as H8F but fine when just watching. Just early quick thoughts.
post #49 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
Quote:
Liking his videos. I can definitely see the differences in general color and picture quality between H9F and the Samsung and Sony. Sony has much better capability for deep blues, as can be seen on any shots of the sky, and it has what seems to be a much truer white overall. The Samsung though only seems very barely ahead of the H9F in terms of color and brightness. I feel like if I look at really tiny details I can see where the extra dimming zones are helping shadows be darker without crushing or losing detail, whereas the H9F seems to boost dark areas a bit more in order to avoid black crush. It's extremely minor though, and absolutely not worth the extra money to me. I'm not super sensitive to motion issues so to me all of them except the Vizio looked great on the 4K motion test, but the Vizio was indeed noticeably horrible, and I'm pretty surprised, honestly.

Can't wait for more of his videos! So far it looks like this TV is everything I was hoping for. I would really like to see a direct comparison to the TCL R617 though. Of course we have the TCL R625 coming out sometime this year, so that might change up the game a bit...

Hate to disappoint you but the TCL R625 that's coming out is just a rehash of the 6 series with some little upgrades like 4 HDMIs instead of 3 and a a few other minor things and supposed to look better then the R617. So if you are looking for something better or alot different then the R617 you will be disappointed. The MicroLeds wont be out till later winter. I think the R625 will be out in September or October time frame.
post #50 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onitafmw55 View Post
Got it today. 65" version. So far early impressions are very good. Motion feels better all around. Colors are nicely juiced up. HDR no longer feels dim like the H8F.
The difference between the H8F and H9F backlight contrast is huge. Way better than H8F's grey uniformity. Though that's probably on a tv by tv basis. Still a bit of a bloomer. Seems a bit better though. I still see some blur/trailing in darker scenes like the H8F. The Android TV still feels way too weak. Even adjusting volume causes stutter during vudu playback. Same as H8F but fine when just watching. Just early quick thoughts.
To help with the blooming just get bias lighting that will help. I am looking to get the 55" whenever that will come out. I was told late July from a Hisense rep but that turned out to be bogus, however Brandsmart has the 55 inch in stock so hopefully BB and Amazon will have it to soon. Also, rtings will be reviewing the 65 inch in the coming days.
onitafmw55 likes this.
post #51 of 1148 Old 08-02-2019, 05:41 PM

...also to add the backlight delay I experienced in the H8F is virtually gone. I can't see any actually. The motion is in general is absolutely improved. The H8F would shimmer on certain patterns like a shirt pattern, broken glass or a fence. No longer an issue now. Banding is heavily reduced. Still a little but very little now on Theater Day and HDR Theater.

Playing MK11 on ps4 pro is now unbeliveable. It looked washed out on H8F. Now it's bright, colorful and I am seeing detail I didn't see on the H8F. I am not ultra sensitive to lag. It feels on par with H8F which I couldn't really percieve much lag. I'll try and play Rock Band 4 later on my X One X. That is a fairly good test for precision/lag. I come from a Plasma which was virtually zero lag. So...if I felt it enough to bother me. I would know. Both tv's I used Theater Day/HDR Day setting. Motion enhancements all set to off.

Still have alot more to check. So far. TV is premium. I love it.
post #52 of 1148 Old 08-03-2019, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Any idea what particular SOC is being used for Android TV? Maybe install CPU-Z?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #53 of 1148 Old 08-03-2019, 03:03 PM

I think it's a disgrace that Hisense doesn't let customers know when the 55" will be available. I think Hisense is having problems shipping them over here. Somthing tells me something is up. Hisense said via Twitter that the 55 and 65 will both be available by the end of July. Here we are its August and not a peep from Hisense. No wonder why they dont sell TV's. They have the worst marketing group I think I have ever seen. Lol I mean atleast announce sonething on the website or make a statement of some sort.
post #54 of 1148 Old 08-03-2019, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt1174 View Post
I think it's a disgrace that Hisense doesn't let customers know when the 55" will be available. I think Hisense is having problems shipping them over here. Somthing tells me something is up. Hisense said via Twitter that the 55 and 65 will both be available by the end of July. Here we are its August and not a peep from Hisense. No wonder why they dont sell TV's. They have the worst marketing group I think I have ever seen. Lol I mean atleast announce sonething on the website or make a statement of some sort.
It's available at Brandsmart in Florida. No idea why it's available there but not in any Best Buys...at least none that I've seen.
post #55 of 1148 Old 08-03-2019, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I was going to get the 55inch but i saw its only a few hundred bucks more compare to the 65inch... i'm like screw it even for a bedroom TV lolol. I'll let you guys know how it went for me, purchased it on Amazon.
theboomr likes this.
post #56 of 1148 Old 08-03-2019, 06:41 PM

one thing I wish Hisense would get right. The settings on this tv are buggy like the H8F. Looking around on the internet, so is the H8E. Leading me to wonder if they can/will even fix the problem. For instance, sometimes turning the tv off into sleep mode. When I come back in, it's set to default energy saver, I go to settings, it says Theater Day. It's not, when I can on Theater Day (which is already selected) and select it, then it turns into proper Theater Day. Same problem with H8F I experienced and I read H8E. It's annoying with a menu system already kinda messy. I love choice but this TV offers too much choice and settings that don't always stick. Not the end of the world but annoying.
post #57 of 1148 Old 08-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 2122
this is the owner’s thread. Not the anticipation thread. No price talk or where to buy. Please stick to technical discussion

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #58 of 1148 Old 08-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is this a good TV or just a good TV "for the price." I have the Sony x950g and I have a week left in the return window and I'm honestly considering getting this instead (if I can find it). The picture quality of the Sony is amazing but the blooming and light bleed is just too crazy to ignore and HDR content looks like SDR. How's the picture quality and upscaling on the Hisense? Is it worth trading in the Sony or is the Sony just another league of TV despite it's shortcomings? How are the black levels and is there any blooming with the Hisense?
post #59 of 1148 Old 08-04-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Well, you get what you paid for, but if I were you I’d be following this guy next few days. It might help you https://youtu.be/njsHNU5OqV8
post #60 of 1148 Old 08-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi, I've read about an issue, in which not all Android apps in the Google Play store are available for installing on the H9F.
Do any of you know about this?
Also, I'd be using the tv as a pc monitor quite a bit. I want to make sure there aren't any issues with loss of the pc signal to the tv, after sleep or after switching between pc and tv inputs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
5.1 , h9f bootloop , hisense h9f , Netflix , plex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page