Official Hisense H9F series 55" & 65" Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 383Likes

post #1261 of 1418 Old 12-29-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey Willard View Post
Yes, I am on J1008 software version as well.
I checked mine, I have CEC control on but turning devices on/off disabled.

I have an AVR and don't want it turning off. When the H9F is not using it my Amazon Echo is.

Sorry I can be much help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1418 Old 12-29-2019, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanystraydogs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
Look at the Sheild tv and the x1 processor. It's 5 years old. It's still a top device and runs Android TV flawlessly
Isn't Shield TV $150? That's 25% of a 55" H9F.

I just use my $40 Amazon Fire Stick 4K. Works just fine and ties into my Ring security system.

"Alexa, show south cam" and up it pops on the H9F.
Yes a NVIDIA shield does cost more, but it's more powerful and offers a lot more features than a fire stick especially if you're a gamer. Personally I think it should be priced at $100, but I do feel it's the best streaming device available. If you're only going to stream shows and movies then it's not worth the extra price over a Roku or Fire Stick. With that being said if you can get the 65 inch H9F at MSRP and a Nvidia shield you would still save a few hundred over a 65 inch x950g or q80r.

Last edited by tdsbigo; 12-29-2019 at 02:26 PM.
post #1263 of 1418 Old 12-30-2019, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 43
^ Ah did not think of the gaming aspect, thx.

I got my Fire TV Stick 4K and Echo Dot for a combined $50. Voice control without even touching the remote is nice. Ring Security integration is a plus. Hard to beat all that for the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1264 of 1418 Old 12-30-2019, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0

Can some one please help me to confirm if this tv can produce [email protected] when connected to PC?
On rtings it says no but on bestbuy q&a i see some users saying yes..please help..
post #1265 of 1418 Old 12-30-2019, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajdexter View Post
Can some one please help me to confirm if this tv can produce [email protected] when connected to PC?
On rtings it says no but on bestbuy q&a i see some users saying yes..please help..
Rtings says it can accept a 120hz signal, but it will skip every other frame. So it is effectively just displaying 60hz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtings
Update 08/16/2019: We rechecked the H9F, and it is possible to send a 120Hz signal, but it simply skips every other frame. We confirmed this from an Xbox One S and a a PC.
tomanystraydogs likes this.
post #1266 of 1418 Old 12-30-2019, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey guys, can anyone do me a huge favor? I want to control my optical volume with my Apple TV remote and not have it affect the H9F volume. For that to happen, I need to know of a TV remote that does not affect the volume on the H9F. I tried an LG remote from Amazon, and that did change the H9F right out of the box unfortunately. If anyone could try different spare or old tv remotes with the H9F and see if they affect the volume on that device, that would be appreciated. My Sonos beam when connected through ARC works fine for a while, then keeps switching constantly between TV speakers and ARC every second. I've checked with different HDMI cables, and the problem persists, meaning it is on the H9F's end. On the latest firmware also. I just need to find a way to control my Sonos soundbar volume through optical, and this is the only solution I know of. Thanks!
post #1267 of 1418 Old 12-31-2019, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim311 View Post
Hey guys, can anyone do me a huge favor? I want to control my optical volume with my Apple TV remote and not have it affect the H9F volume. For that to happen, I need to know of a TV remote that does not affect the volume on the H9F. I tried an LG remote from Amazon, and that did change the H9F right out of the box unfortunately. If anyone could try different spare or old tv remotes with the H9F and see if they affect the volume on that device, that would be appreciated. My Sonos beam when connected through ARC works fine for a while, then keeps switching constantly between TV speakers and ARC every second. I've checked with different HDMI cables, and the problem persists, meaning it is on the H9F's end. On the latest firmware also. I just need to find a way to control my Sonos soundbar volume through optical, and this is the only solution I know of. Thanks!

Would it work for you to plug in a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable in to the headphone jack of the H9F? That way even if the TV volume does increase, there's no sound.
post #1268 of 1418 Old 12-31-2019, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What resolution do you guys get when you press the up arrow on the remote? I have a non 4k directv mini, so when the input is set to directv, the up arrow always displays 1080i, even when I tune in to a 480 signal. When I put the input to my shield, the up arrow always displays 4k, obviously the shield is 4k, but does the up arrow on the remote display what the tv is upscaling to, or what the actual signal is?? When I'm watching directv, is the tv not upscaling to 4k because the directv mini is not a 4k unit? I thought I would only need a 4k mini if I wanted to watch a directv 4k channel.
post #1269 of 1418 Old 12-31-2019, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I have been wanting a 65" H9F but they have been sold out at BB forever. I have found a 75" Sony X900F. Has any had any experience with both TVs?
I don't want to compare it to the X950g as it's blooming is worst.

Last edited by teachsac; 01-01-2020 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Price talk removed per forum rules
post #1270 of 1418 Old 12-31-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1169 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoviii View Post
So I have been wanting a 65" H9F but they have been sold out at BB forever. I have found a 75" Sony X900F. Has any had any experience with both TVs?

I don't want to compare it to the X950g as it's blooming is worst.
Yes but the 950 has the x1 ultimate chip. That's more important than blooming

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Last edited by teachsac; 01-01-2020 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Price talk removed per forum rules
post #1271 of 1418 Old 12-31-2019, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes but i'm trying to compare the 65H9F to the 75x900f. No one displays the H9F and it is hard to get a hold of one (out of stock). So I'm looking to see if others have compared the 900f
post #1272 of 1418 Old 12-31-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue62 View Post
Would it work for you to plug in a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable in to the headphone jack of the H9F? That way even if the TV volume does increase, there's no sound.
Yup, that would work, but I'd rather have there be no volume indicator especially if it isn't correct. But I'll try that if I can't find a spare remote, thanks for the suggestion!
post #1273 of 1418 Old 01-01-2020, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Liked: 2214
Price talk removed per forum rules

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #1274 of 1418 Old 01-01-2020, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New H9F owner here. Curious if anyone else has noticed these two issues - one problem is the volume will randomly increase for a second and then go back down. The volume slider pops up on the screen when this happens. The TV is connected to a Sonos Beam via ARC. The TV I had previously did not exhibit this behavior while connected to the Sonos, so I’m pretty sure it’s the H9F causing this.

The second thing was while watching HDR content. - it’s hard to explain, but the screen would flicker in a way. Or dim ever so slightly. And it would do this every 10 seconds or so, probably for half a second at a time. Not something extremely noticeable, but noticeable enough.

I really want to like this TV because the picture is pretty great when everything is working. Any insight or guidance is appreciated.
post #1275 of 1418 Old 01-01-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Klein View Post
New H9F owner here. Curious if anyone else has noticed these two issues - one problem is the volume will randomly increase for a second and then go back down. The volume slider pops up on the screen when this happens. The TV is connected to a Sonos Beam via ARC. The TV I had previously did not exhibit this behavior while connected to the Sonos, so I’m pretty sure it’s the H9F causing this.

The second thing was while watching HDR content. - it’s hard to explain, but the screen would flicker in a way. Or dim ever so slightly. And it would do this every 10 seconds or so, probably for half a second at a time. Not something extremely noticeable, but noticeable enough.

I really want to like this TV because the picture is pretty great when everything is working. Any insight or guidance is appreciated.
It is definitely the H9F causing the beam issue. I have a beam too. I connected it via optical, and muted the tv speaker. I have an Apple TV remote to control the Sonos. You can also place headphones/aux cable in the back, and adjust the TV volume normally that way too, but the screen volume wouldn't be accurate with the soundbar volume.

Try turning the local dimming to low or off. Are you watching in Dolby vision or HDR? Check if it is more noticeable in the other option. Also make sure the firmware is updated. I'm not sure if I get the same issue, but there is definitely a problem with the way the TV handles some lighting such as flickering candles in DV. If I watch something without flickering lights it's completely fine
post #1276 of 1418 Old 01-01-2020, 11:15 PM

Motion settings

Any recommendation for motion settings? For DV content and for sports. Thanks!
post #1277 of 1418 Old 01-02-2020, 06:54 AM

No 4K via built in apps?

Just me or are other people having trouble gettting 4K / HDR / Dolby Vision etc out of some of the built in apps? I can't get HDR / Atmos / whatever out of the Vudu app, for example. It gives an warning on the rental page: "Your current TV set up is limited to HDX playback or lower. Unclear why. The TV supports it, the app should support it, and I've got 300 Mbps internet through Optimum, via Ethernet into the back of the set. WTH? Any ports in my router i need to unblock or something silly like that?

Yesterday I went on a Christopher Nolan / Batman binge, but couldn't find any app to play those movies beyond HD quality. Sure, they're older, but they're ostensibly there in Vudu (which won't play 'em for me), and the Google Play app ostensibly has them in 4K, but I sure didn't see it.

FWIW, Netflix and Amazon play 4K & Dolby just fine. Seems like support from Hisense is a little shaky -- I think the apps just aren't handling the content.
post #1278 of 1418 Old 01-02-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim311 View Post
It is definitely the H9F causing the beam issue. I have a beam too. I connected it via optical, and muted the tv speaker. I have an Apple TV remote to control the Sonos. You can also place headphones/aux cable in the back, and adjust the TV volume normally that way too, but the screen volume wouldn't be accurate with the soundbar volume.

Try turning the local dimming to low or off. Are you watching in Dolby vision or HDR? Check if it is more noticeable in the other option. Also make sure the firmware is updated. I'm not sure if I get the same issue, but there is definitely a problem with the way the TV handles some lighting such as flickering candles in DV. If I watch something without flickering lights it's completely fine

I will try the optical route next and see how that goes. Kind of annoying that there is no option to disable the internal speakers, but if all I have to do is mute I guess it's not that big of a deal.

The content I was watching was HDR and streaming locally from my NAS. I pulled the power from the TV and rebooted and the issue hasn't presented itself since... crossing my fingers that it was a one-off type scenario. I will try the local dimming setting if I see it again. Thank you for the suggestions.

My Current Setup (5.2.4):
Display - LG OLED 65C7P // Receiver - Yamaha RX-V2085
Fronts - Klipsch RP-280Fs // Center - Klipsch RP-450C
Side Surrounds - Klipsch RP-160Ms // Front Heights - Klipsch RP-150s
Subwoofer - (2) SVS PB-1000s // Rear Heights - Klipsch RP-140SAs
post #1279 of 1418 Old 01-02-2020, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoviii View Post
So I have been wanting a 65" H9F but they have been sold out at BB forever.
Doesn't seem to be sold out at all. My store has them in stock and for delivery. Did you look at the site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kaplan View Post
Just me or are other people having trouble gettting 4K / HDR / Dolby Vision etc out of some of the built in apps?
Stop using the built-in apps when this happens to you on ANY TV and just use a Roku, AppleTV or FireTV instead. They are way more reliable than most SmartTV apps.

Last edited by Diocletian; 01-02-2020 at 09:53 AM.
post #1280 of 1418 Old 01-02-2020, 12:23 PM

Picture size disabled

Can someone please help me with changing picture size to zoom.
I would like to avoid black ribbons from top and bottom of the tv to see movies in fullscreen. I tried couple of picture modes, but the picture size remains disabled.
post #1281 of 1418 Old 01-02-2020, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajdexter View Post
Can someone please help me with changing picture size to zoom.
I would like to avoid black ribbons from top and bottom of the tv to see movies in fullscreen. I tried couple of picture modes, but the picture size remains disabled.
Just checking that you know if you do that you are either cutting off the picture on the sides so there is stuff your not seeing or, your distorting the image by stretching.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
post #1282 of 1418 Old 01-02-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Just me or are other people having trouble gettting 4K / HDR / Dolby Vision etc out of some of the built in apps? I can't get HDR / Atmos / whatever out of the Vudu app, for example. It gives an warning on the rental page: "Your current TV set up is limited to HDX playback or lower. Unclear why. The TV supports it, the app should support it, and I've got 300 Mbps internet through Optimum, via Ethernet into the back of the set. WTH? Any ports in my router i need to unblock or something silly like that?

Yesterday I went on a Christopher Nolan / Batman binge, but couldn't find any app to play those movies beyond HD quality. Sure, they're older, but they're ostensibly there in Vudu (which won't play 'em for me), and the Google Play app ostensibly has them in 4K, but I sure didn't see it.

FWIW, Netflix and Amazon play 4K & Dolby just fine. Seems like support from Hisense is a little shaky -- I think the apps just aren't handling the content.
No issues with HDR, Dobly Vision or Atmos on VUDU watched a few movies today and yesterday, but I own the movies never tried to rent any. It could be a VUDU side issue I had to open a ticket up with them a few weeks ago because Ghost in the shell would only play in HDX even though I owned the 4K UHD version.
Jeremy Kaplan likes this.
post #1283 of 1418 Old 01-02-2020, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Purchased the H9F a month ago, but returned it this week due to it making a hissing/buzzing noise coming from the back. Picture quality was great though. Is anyone else experiencing this noise to?
post #1284 of 1418 Old 01-03-2020, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selc415 View Post
Purchased the H9F a month ago, but returned it this week due to it making a hissing/buzzing noise coming from the back. Picture quality was great though. Is anyone else experiencing this noise to?

Out of curiosity, were you strictly using the internal apps when it was exhibiting this behavior? I have only had the TV for about a week, but I do not use any of the internal apps, only external sources. I'm wondering if this overheating issue becomes more prevalent when using internal apps versus external. My set has been whisper quiet thus far.

My Current Setup (5.2.4):
Display - LG OLED 65C7P // Receiver - Yamaha RX-V2085
Fronts - Klipsch RP-280Fs // Center - Klipsch RP-450C
Side Surrounds - Klipsch RP-160Ms // Front Heights - Klipsch RP-150s
Subwoofer - (2) SVS PB-1000s // Rear Heights - Klipsch RP-140SAs
post #1285 of 1418 Old 01-03-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by selc415 View Post

Out of curiosity, were you strictly using the internal apps when it was exhibiting this behavior? I have only had the TV for about a week, but I do not use any of the internal apps, only external sources. I'm wondering if this overheating issue becomes more prevalent when using internal apps versus external. My set has been whisper quiet thus far.
I heard this mentioned before. I run the internal apps a majority of the time and have checked the TV temp using a infrared thermometer gun and the temperature has been consistently 108-110f when watching HDR content and I haven't experienced hissing/buzzing. I had the TV for almost 2 months and those temperatures seem to be normal definitely not the highest temp I measured for a recent released TV had 2 read around 115-119f which the manufacturer says is normal. I'm curious of the temperature levels experienced with the overheating.
post #1286 of 1418 Old 01-03-2020, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I did used the internal apps and also my direct TV cable box when it was happening.
post #1287 of 1418 Old 01-03-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
Just checking that you know if you do that you are either cutting off the picture on the sides so there is stuff your not seeing or, your distorting the image by stretching.
I just want to see how i can make that editable..no matter what settings i use i see Picture Size always disabled with value "wide".
Can someone please let me know the settings to change that Picture Size setting?
post #1288 of 1418 Old 01-03-2020, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
That happened on my H9E plus as well. They just released a software update that fixed it.

I haven’t looked at my H9F in weeks but I noticed it there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1289 of 1418 Old 01-03-2020, 05:39 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:

Hmm, this seem to be different from what I have experienced. I'm also using the internal Android TV. I can get Dolby Vision content no problem in Vudu and Netflix. However, I'm not able to get any on Amazon Prime for some reason.

In any case, you won't be able to get Dolby Atmos from this TV because it doesn't Atmos passthrough via HDMI ARC.
post #1290 of 1418 Old 01-03-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

Hmm, this seem to be different from what I have experienced. I'm also using the internal Android TV. I can get Dolby Vision content no problem in Vudu and Netflix. However, I'm not able to get any on Amazon Prime for some reason.

In any case, you won't be able to get Dolby Atmos from this TV because it doesn't Atmos passthrough via HDMI ARC.
I get Dobly Atmos via Dobly digital plus over HDMI ARC from the internal apps as long as the TV sound settings are set to Dobly digital plus it will not work if it's set to PCM or Dobly Digital. HDMI ARC can't passthrough lossless (uncompressed) Atmos sound only lossy (compressed). Streaming service only send Dobly Atmos content via Dobly digital plus (compressed).

Last edited by tdsbigo; 01-03-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
5.1 , h9f bootloop , hisense h9f , Netflix , plex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page