Official Hisense H9F series 55" & 65" Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 383Likes

post #1291 of 1417 Old 01-05-2020, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just picked up my new H9F. I have a slight buzzing sound coming from the back of the panel right out of the box. Has anyone else experienced this? Or are your sets completely silent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1417 Old 01-05-2020, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro99 View Post
Just picked up my new H9F. I have a slight buzzing sound coming from the back of the panel right out of the box. Has anyone else experienced this? Or are your sets completely silent.
1 month owner, no buzzing sound out of the box. Go to the store and exchange it. If you can open and test.

Last edited by SKORPI0; 01-05-2020 at 06:33 PM.
post #1293 of 1417 Old 01-05-2020, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
New owner here in South Africa (Q8600) - fantastic picture for the price. The only thing that bugs me a bit is the vignetting. Hoping I can look past it

Last edited by kevbo123; 01-06-2020 at 02:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1294 of 1417 Old 01-06-2020, 06:11 AM

Called Visions where I purchsed mine, Going to exchange for another panel. Love the picture quality but the humming / buzzing sound out of the back panel worries me, also my panel seems to have some pretty bad DSE. Mostly along the top and bottoms edges and a spot right in the center which I can only really notice when watching hockey.
Does anyone have some calibration settings to share? I cant find anything online
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	2665264   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2665266  
post #1295 of 1417 Old 01-06-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Called Visions where I purchsed mine, Going to exchange for another panel. Love the picture quality but the humming / buzzing sound out of the back panel worries me, also my panel seems to have some pretty bad DSE. Mostly along the top and bottoms edges and a spot right in the center which I can only really notice when watching hockey.
Does anyone have some calibration settings to share? I cant find anything online
I should clarify, I am a total newbie when it comes to setting up a tv. I did alot of research and decided to go with the H9F.
I have a few questions:

1. I have read and heard people say to keep your tv offline / stop auto updates, how many of you are doing this?

2. I use this tv for youtube and streaming tv thru an app all thru my 4K fire stick. would I be best to continue accessing these apps thru the stick? or would it be better to use the adroid system on the tv for yoube and side load my streaming app ?

3. If I do choose to access my streaming app thru the fire stick 4k , it auto sets picture settings to dolby vision, how would these settings work with the tv streaming app?

I am just looking to set the tv up the best I can for what I am trying to use it for and would love some help.
post #1296 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajdexter View Post
Can someone please help me with changing picture size to zoom.
I would like to avoid black ribbons from top and bottom of the tv to see movies in fullscreen. I tried couple of picture modes, but the picture size remains disabled.
is there anyone who can help me with above?
-TIA
post #1297 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Quote:
Can someone please help me with changing picture size to zoom.
I would like to avoid black ribbons from top and bottom of the tv to see movies in fullscreen. I tried couple of picture modes, but the picture size remains disabled.
is there anyone who can help me with above?
-TIA
How are you watching content when trying to change the picture size?
post #1298 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsbigo View Post
I just use the in-built apps. Tried both with prime and netflix.
Also, i've started seeing stuttering on prime.
post #1299 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm looking to buy a H9F in 65in, can't find them in stock anywhere, wondering if I should just wait for the H9G Quantum at this point.
post #1300 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I just use the in-built apps. Tried both with prime and netflix.
Also, i've started seeing stuttering on prime.
The app provider would need to update the app to allow that ability. Just about all streaming video apps lock out the the ability to change picture size to maintain the correct aspect ratio. Try the OTA input it will let you change the picture size also streaming devices that have the resolution set to 4k will lock out the picture sizing.
post #1301 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Anyone think Hisense will patch in VRR with the H9F and H8F like TCL is doing with some of their 2019 6XX models?
post #1302 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1169 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by elzeus View Post
Anyone think Hisense will patch in VRR with the H9F and H8F like TCL is doing with some of their 2019 6XX models?
Prob not. The 2020 line up looks great. Hopefully HDMI 2.1. I think I can wait until April

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
post #1303 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Who knows I don't think they even mentioned VRR for this year's new models. PC and Xbox one S/X are currently the only devices that can use it, but definitely more devices coming soon so it would be nice if they did.
post #1304 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
Quote:
Prob not. The 2020 line up looks great. Hopefully HDMI 2.1. I think I can wait until April

Definitely want to hear more information on H9G just watched the CES press conference more zones and far field mics for Google Assistants don't seem like a really big upgrade or a reason to switch if you already own the H9F. The H8G adds more zones, quantum dots and 120hz panel I think those are big upgrades over the H8F.
post #1305 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Definitely want to hear more information on H9G just watched the CES press conference more zones and far field mics for Google Assistants don't seem like a really big upgrade or a reason to switch if you already own the H9F. The H8G adds more zones, quantum dots and 120hz panel I think those are big upgrades over the H8F.
Well hopefully a new processor. Smoother tv OS would be nice

post #1306 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post

Well hopefully a new processor. Smoother tv OS would be nice

I agree. They were really focused on the laser TVs during the press conference which looks great, but way more than I want to spend on a TV. There should be more detailed information on the new ULED line before the April release.
post #1307 of 1417 Old 01-07-2020, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

No HDMI 2.1 for the 2020 line up.......boooo

post #1308 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Is it like a high pitch hum? It's noticeable when there is nothing playing, I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen. Can anyone confirm, does your TV make an audible hum sound when it's on?
post #1309 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim311 View Post
Quote:
Is it like a high pitch hum? It's noticeable when there is nothing playing, I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen. Can anyone confirm, does your TV make an audible hum sound when it's on?
Mines is completely silent. Have you tested without any devices connected to it?
post #1310 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
The app provider would need to update the app to allow that ability. Just about all streaming video apps lock out the the ability to change picture size to maintain the correct aspect ratio. Try the OTA input it will let you change the picture size also streaming devices that have the resolution set to 4k will lock out the picture sizing.
Just came back from chatting with hisense support regarding aspect ratio issue.
They said that changing of picture size cannot be done from netflix & prime videos (those two are mostly used by me). Picture size can only be changed if the app supports it or if we use av or ota as you said.
Still. I think this issue should be addressed in future updates. I was able to do this on my tcl625 before returning that.
post #1311 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Mines is completely silent. Have you tested without any devices connected to it?
Interesting. I only really noticed it once I listened for it. It's not too big of an issue, cause there's usually something playing to drown it out. I'll try to contact Hisense support and see if they can get a technician out to inspect it. I've read that there support isn't terrible, but it takes time to sort out, so thanks for letting me know
post #1312 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Just came back from chatting with hisense support regarding aspect ratio issue.
They said that changing of picture size cannot be done from netflix & prime videos (those two are mostly used by me). Picture size can only be changed if the app supports it or if we use av or ota as you said.
Still. I think this issue should be addressed in future updates. I was able to do this on my tcl625 before returning that.
I had the same picture size lock out with the two Vizio Ms I recently replaced. I have the TCL R615 and I did notice that the picture size can be changed, but sometimes when watching content it would zoom in even though the picture was set to auto and I have to change it to stretch for it to display correctly so their implementation of picture size seems to be different than other manufactures.
post #1313 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim311 View Post
Quote:
Interesting. I only really noticed it once I listened for it. It's not too big of an issue, cause there's usually something playing to drown it out. I'll try to contact Hisense support and see if they can get a technician out to inspect it. I've read that there support isn't terrible, but it takes time to sort out, so thanks for letting me know
Yeah I would contact them. I put my head behind the set and didn't hear anything, but my hearing may not be good as yours worked in a loud environment for a lot of years.
post #1314 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys, hoping someone can help me with this issue since it's been driving me insane for a couple weeks now.
I love the Hisense H9F and it's picture quality. I did the update out of the box not knowing about this forum. I have the latest update for the tv.
First I hooked up my original sony sound bar to ARC. I've never had an issue with this sound bar before. Sure enough it connects but the the volume jumps up and down constantly. Muting then not muting over and over. I even tried the optical wire with it with the HDMI and it didn't help so I gave up.
I had a 2nd don't sound bar for another TV and that one worked. The sound stayed firm and steady.
Suddenly once a day the tv would turn on by itself. Most recently as yesterday. I messed around with settings for CEC and it didn't change anything. I added an optical wire to this as well along with HDMI and sure enough the tv turned on by itself again just randomly. I have now tried just hooking up the tv to the soundbar with the optical wire and it works but I'm not a fan of this set up. I have an Nvidia Shield and it won't allow me to raise the volume on the shield remote and if I change the CEC settings I can eventually but it raises the tv volume along side the sound bar which is causing an echo. I'm at a loss here I've never had issues with a tv like this before and was hoping for some feed back on possible troubleshooting. I've run out of ideas. Thanks!
post #1315 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustinstugots24 View Post
Hi guys, hoping someone can help me with this issue since it's been driving me insane for a couple weeks now.
I love the Hisense H9F and it's picture quality. I did the update out of the box not knowing about this forum. I have the latest update for the tv.
First I hooked up my original sony sound bar to ARC. I've never had an issue with this sound bar before. Sure enough it connects but the the volume jumps up and down constantly. Muting then not muting over and over. I even tried the optical wire with it with the HDMI and it didn't help so I gave up.
I had a 2nd don't sound bar for another TV and that one worked. The sound stayed firm and steady.
Suddenly once a day the tv would turn on by itself. Most recently as yesterday. I messed around with settings for CEC and it didn't change anything. I added an optical wire to this as well along with HDMI and sure enough the tv turned on by itself again just randomly. I have now tried just hooking up the tv to the soundbar with the optical wire and it works but I'm not a fan of this set up. I have an Nvidia Shield and it won't allow me to raise the volume on the shield remote and if I change the CEC settings I can eventually but it raises the tv volume along side the sound bar which is causing an echo. I'm at a loss here I've never had issues with a tv like this before and was hoping for some feed back on possible troubleshooting. I've run out of ideas. Thanks!
I noticed very slight vertical bands during a hockey game is this normal with this tv? Had to look hard to notice.
post #1316 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustinstugots24 View Post
This is definitely a software issue. Best you can do is report to Hisense and hopefully they release an update for it. What soundbar do you have? I constantly had issues with my soundbar with HDMI, it kept turning off and on, so I just wired it via optical and turned off the TV volume. It's not the most elegant solution, I know. I was in the exact same situation as you. It seems to work just fine for a day or two, and then starts messing up as time progresses and gets unusable down the stretch. Another user reported it as well, so it's definitely a H9F issue. It is frustrating, but when the picture quality is this good and the price is so low, they definitely skimped out with quality control and software. At this price point, there's really no other options for picture this good. It's a hard issue to get support with, because the issue comes and goes for me. Not sure if there's an option on the Shield, but I had to get a spare Samsung TV remote, sync that volume up with my Apple TV (remote I wanted to use for volume) so that it doesn't affect the H9F volume, and then use the Apple TV remote to sync up with my soundbar. This way, increasing the volume from my Apple TV remote doesn't affect the H9F, but increases/decreases my soundbar volume. Your other option is to stick an aux cable in the back of the H9F, but then volume displayed won't be linked to the soundbar. In my set up, there's no visual indicator that pops up on the TV.
post #1317 of 1417 Old 01-08-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah I would contact them. I put my head behind the set and didn't hear anything, but my hearing may not be good as yours worked in a loud environment for a lot of years.
Yeah definitely will. Thanks again. Will update how it goes
post #1318 of 1417 Old 01-09-2020, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi guys n gals

Can anyone point me in the direction to get an ariel adapter so I can plug my UK ariel into my imported from USA Hisense H9F please?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
post #1319 of 1417 Old 01-09-2020, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A tip for VUDU 4k UHD

A ran into an issue yesterday with the built-in VUDU app. I had purchased the UHD version of Star Trek but VUDU on the Hisense would not play it. I found an article on 9to5google that tipped me off to the solution. The built-in VUDU app needs to be updated in order to play HDR content. Here are the general steps that I took:

1. Enable developer mode (if not already enabled)
2. Force quit VUDU
3. Disable VUDU
4. Select VUDU from the Google Play store. Enable and update the app.

YMMV, but this worked for me.
post #1320 of 1417 Old 01-09-2020, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I had a loud high pitched buzzing sound coming from where the power cord plugs into the TV. Adjusting backlight, changing outlets, etc. didn't work. Went through customer service who put me through the typical troubleshooting which didn't work. Had to wait a few days for "level 2" support who just did the same thing and then scheduled a tech to come out. I have one coming Monday so I'll update after that.

The TV is less than 2 weeks old and was delivered by Amazon and a horrible job by UPS. I wonder if it's all a bad batch. My TV has a manufacturer date of 10/28/19. I asked for just a straight up exchange and they said no, this issue was only eligible for a repair tech. I assume they are going to swap out the power supply but who knows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
5.1 , h9f bootloop , hisense h9f , Netflix , plex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page