Official Hisense H9F series 55" & 65" Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 383Likes

post #1321 of 1418 Old 01-13-2020, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi. On my Hisense 65" H9F, the picture clarity and quality looks fantastic when streaming Netflix videos with the built in Apps over wifi. However, for some reason the clarity and sharpness of HD cable channels coming from my Fios box, appears more blurry and pixelated than native Netflix App content. Also on Fios channels, "Color Space" is fixed on auto, and doesn,t let me select native. HDMI dynamic range is fixed, and color tempature does not allow me to select "mid-low" setting. I am using a HDMI 2.1 8K cable which is backward compatible on the Fios box, and video output is 2180p resolution. Also, I was forced to upgrade the OS from the factory installed version, and after a reset it still remains on the latest version. I have no idea how to get the OS back to the factory default for comparison testing. Does anyone have an idea what is causing the difference in clarity and pixelation, and how to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1418 Old 01-13-2020, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lefurge View Post
Hi. On my Hisense 65" H9F, the picture clarity and quality looks fantastic when streaming Netflix videos with the built in Apps over wifi. However, for some reason the clarity and sharpness of HD cable channels coming from my Fios box, appears more blurry and pixelated than native Netflix App content. Also on Fios channels, "Color Space" is fixed on auto, and doesn,t let me select native. HDMI dynamic range is fixed, and color tempature does not allow me to select "mid-low" setting. I am using a HDMI 2.1 8K cable which is backward compatible on the Fios box, and video output is 2180p resolution. Also, I was forced to upgrade the OS from the factory installed version, and after a reset it still remains on the latest version. I have no idea how to get the OS back to the factory default for comparison testing. Does anyone have an idea what is causing the difference in clarity and pixelation, and how to fix it?
Can you set the fios box to output native size so so the TV does the upscaling?
Herve likes this.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
post #1323 of 1418 Old 01-14-2020, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
No HDMI 2.1 for the 2020 line up.......boooo

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't get so caught up on the who is going to implement HDMI 2.1 this year. Manufactures have been given a lot of freedom this time around. They don't have to use the maximum available bandwidth or all the new features, but can still label the port as 2.1. Vizio is implementing HDMI 2.1 on new sets, but we still don't know at what level. Some new features like ALLM, VRR, and eARC can be added to HDMI 2.0 devices as they don't require a lot of bandwidth this is the route TCL is taking and confirmed at CES that none of their new sets will have HDMI 2.1. Samsung has already started doing this on their older TVs. Hisense said the 8K Dual ULED will have HDMI 2.1, but still deciding on adding new features to HDMI 2.0 TVs. Hisense also had a U7F tv running at 120hz with VRR at CES.

Last edited by tdsbigo; 01-15-2020 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1324 of 1418 Old 01-15-2020, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsbigo View Post
No issues with HDR, Dobly Vision or Atmos on VUDU watched a few movies today and yesterday, but I own the movies never tried to rent any. It could be a VUDU side issue I had to open a ticket up with them a few weeks ago because Ghost in the shell would only play in HDX even though I owned the 4K UHD version.
Yeah still seeing this. For example, Gemini Man is ostenisbly in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I tried to rent the UHD version and get a warning: "Are you UHD-ready? Your current TV set-up is limited to HDX playback or lower. Learn more at vudu.com/UHD." This is a built in app, and I'm hardwired via Ethernet to my Orbi modem/router. There's little in the way of the signal. :-/ I'm going to ping tech support.
post #1325 of 1418 Old 01-15-2020, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kaplan View Post
Yeah still seeing this. For example, Gemini Man is ostenisbly in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I tried to rent the UHD version and get a warning: "Are you UHD-ready? Your current TV set-up is limited to HDX playback or lower. Learn more at vudu.com/UHD." This is a built in app, and I'm hardwired via Ethernet to my Orbi modem/router. There's little in the way of the signal. :-/ I'm going to ping tech support.
Ive noticed that sometimes the apps dont update unless I go into the play store app/updates

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
post #1326 of 1418 Old 01-16-2020, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone get their TV to work with Alexa? I have the skill enabled, the TV is found in the Alexa App, but when I try to enable it in the TV menu, the TV tries to go to a link that doesn't work.
post #1327 of 1418 Old 01-16-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No issues with HDR, Dobly Vision or Atmos on VUDU watched a few movies today and yesterday, but I own the movies never tried to rent any. It could be a VUDU side issue I had to open a ticket up with them a few weeks ago because Ghost in the shell would only play in HDX even though I owned the 4K UHD version.
Yeah still seeing this. For example, Gemini Man is ostenisbly in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I tried to rent the UHD version and get a warning: "Are you UHD-ready? Your current TV set-up is limited to HDX playback or lower. Learn more at vudu.com/UHD." This is a built in app, and I'm hardwired via Ethernet to my Orbi modem/router. There's little in the way of the signal. 😕 I'm going to ping tech support.
I would check for a update in the play store that was suggested in the post after you replied to mines. My current VUDU version is 5.0.420 and it shows it was updated on 11/18/2019
post #1328 of 1418 Old 01-17-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I would check for a update in the play store that was suggested in the post after you replied to mines. My current VUDU version is 5.0.420 and it shows it was updated on 11/18/2019
I've got the same version of VUDU. I spoke to customer service this morning, which confirmed that the set is not officially supported for UHD. If you're getting it, you're lucky, in other words. They said they would escalate the support ticket to the highest levels (yeah right) which would expedite getting this model TV added to the list of officially supported ones. Frankly, I'm surprised that Hisense didn't do that before launching the television. Oh well. I guess this explains why so many people use Fire TV streaming sticks, eh?
post #1329 of 1418 Old 01-17-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I've got the same version of VUDU. I spoke to customer service this morning, which confirmed that the set is not officially supported for UHD. If you're getting it, you're lucky, in other words. They said they would escalate the support ticket to the highest levels (yeah right) which would expedite getting this model TV added to the list of officially supported ones. Frankly, I'm surprised that Hisense didn't do that before launching the television. Oh well. I guess this explains why so many people use Fire TV streaming sticks, eh?
That makes no sense the TV is running Android TV 8.0 which the Nvidia shield is also running. The also list the Nvidia shield as only supporting HDR 10, but Dobly Vision works on VUDU with the new Shields. I looked at their site for supported devices and looks like the last time they updated it was in 2018. Fire TV stick doesn't officially have VUDU you have to side load it. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

mgoblue62 posted this

1. Enable developer mode (if not already enabled)
2. Force quit VUDU
3. Disable VUDU
4. Select VUDU from the Google Play store. Enable and update the app.

Last edited by tdsbigo; 01-17-2020 at 02:01 PM.
post #1330 of 1418 Old 01-20-2020, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
unwanted USB HDD NOTIFICATIONS!

Curious if anyone else has this issue. This pesky Device Connected notification. I have a USB HDD, prob 4-5 years old, 500 GB... that every time i turn the TV on this pops up. I have disabled notifications under External Storage, but that didn't work. Any other suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200120_172842.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	455.0 KB
ID:	2673008  

JH
post #1331 of 1418 Old 01-21-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsindogg View Post
Anyone get their TV to work with Alexa? I have the skill enabled, the TV is found in the Alexa App, but when I try to enable it in the TV menu, the TV tries to go to a link that doesn't work.
I was able to link my 55H9f with alexa. I just followed directions displayed on tv and it worked. I am yet to try more alexa commands like "play this on youtube on tv". But i did try to turn on/off and it worked like a charm.
I remember you will have to create a new account with Vidaa in order to make it work.
Cheers!!
post #1332 of 1418 Old 01-25-2020, 09:53 PM

I've been streaming DV movies the past few days.. The Irishman on Netflix and Marvel movies on Disney+. TV is connected via Ethernet with speeds in the 200s, however, I've been having issues with sound just cutting out periodically on Netflix and picture stopping/ getting out of sync with the sound on Disney+. Has anyone experienced this?

Wondering if I should just get a firestick 4k for when I want to watch movies with Dolby Vision? I would prefer Roku over firestick normally but I know it doesn't have DV - is that deal breaker for people? Or is the Roku premiere experience fine?
post #1333 of 1418 Old 01-26-2020, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasaucemasta View Post
I've been streaming DV movies the past few days.. The Irishman on Netflix and Marvel movies on Disney+. TV is connected via Ethernet with speeds in the 200s, however, I've been having issues with sound just cutting out periodically on Netflix and picture stopping/ getting out of sync with the sound on Disney+. Has anyone experienced this?

Wondering if I should just get a firestick 4k for when I want to watch movies with Dolby Vision? I would prefer Roku over firestick normally but I know it doesn't have DV - is that deal breaker for people? Or is the Roku premiere experience fine?
I know this suggestion is counter-intuitive, but does the performance change over wi-fi?
post #1334 of 1418 Old 01-26-2020, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good and bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue62 View Post
I know this suggestion is counter-intuitive, but does the performance change over wi-fi?
I have the 65 inch h9f about 3 weeks now. First thing is when there are black bars on lower right corner it's not as black almost like flashlighting if that's what it's called otherwise very deep blacks. Another thing that I just noticed sometimes in lower right corner 3 kind of dirty looking spots appear only sometimes. I noticed picture is either great or kind of bad. Watched the movie Us on HBO hd mostly dark scenes and it looked pretty bad.
post #1335 of 1418 Old 01-26-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Klein View Post
New H9F owner here. Curious if anyone else has noticed these two issues - one problem is the volume will randomly increase for a second and then go back down. The volume slider pops up on the screen when this happens. The TV is connected to a Sonos Beam via ARC. The TV I had previously did not exhibit this behavior while connected to the Sonos, so I’m pretty sure it’s the H9F causing this.
I just upgraded my FIOS service to the FIOS One boxes and I'm now getting the volume GUI bar flicker too. I had the Motorola QIP7232 before and didn't have volume GUI flicker. It's very odd because all my HDMI equipment connections go through my Denon AVR, then out to the TV for video and this wasn't happening before.

Last edited by hsindogg; 01-26-2020 at 10:35 PM.
post #1336 of 1418 Old 01-27-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Klein View Post
New H9F owner here. Curious if anyone else has noticed these two issues - one problem is the volume will randomly increase for a second and then go back down. The volume slider pops up on the screen when this happens. The TV is connected to a Sonos Beam via ARC. The TV I had previously did not exhibit this behavior while connected to the Sonos, so I’️m pretty sure it’️s the H9F causing this.
I just upgraded my FIOS service to the FIOS One boxes and I'm now getting the volume GUI bar flicker too. I had the Motorola QIP7232 before and didn't have volume GUI flicker. It's very odd because all my HDMI equipment connections go through my Denon AVR, then out to the TV for video and this wasn't happening before.
If you check the sound settings on the TV is constantly changing between ARC and tv speakers? If it is try turning off the AVR/sound bar (while the tv is still on) then turn it back on and check tv settings and make sure it's staying on ARC.
post #1337 of 1418 Old 01-27-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
If you check the sound settings on the TV is constantly changing between ARC and tv speakers? If it is try turning off the AVR/sound bar (while the tv is still on) then turn it back on and check tv settings and make sure it's staying on ARC.
No, it's not changing between ARC and TV.

The only work around is to turn off HDMI Control on the TV. It's fine doing that, but then I lose the ability to see devices connected by HDMI to the AVR and where I could change the AVR HDMI input using the Hisense remote.
post #1338 of 1418 Old 01-28-2020, 01:14 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
No, it's not changing between ARC and TV.

The only work around is to turn off HDMI Control on the TV. It's fine doing that, but then I lose the ability to see devices connected by HDMI to the AVR and where I could change the AVR HDMI input using the Hisense remote.
I just spent a day hunting for a passive 8K HDMI 2.1 cable that can do 15' since I have no idea what the 15' HDMI 400 Monster Cable i bought 10+ years ago is rated for. i don't have any issues and don't use audio over HDMI currently but wanted to replace it with the future in mind. They also have a 10' for $25 that's not in wall rated.

Zeskit 16ft 8K HDMI 2.1 CL3 in-Wall Cable Ultra High Speed 48Gbps

I was just wondering if some of these issues may be cable related?
post #1339 of 1418 Old 01-28-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcguire View Post
I just spent a day hunting for a passive 8K HDMI 2.1 cable that can do 15' since I have no idea what the 15' HDMI 400 Monster Cable i bought 10+ years ago is rated for. i don't have any issues and don't use audio over HDMI currently but wanted to replace it with the future in mind. They also have a 10' for $25 that's not in wall rated.

Zeskit 16ft 8K HDMI 2.1 CL3 in-Wall Cable Ultra High Speed 48Gbps

I was just wondering if some of these issues may be cable related?
I don't think it's HDMI cabling related, I'm these for the AVR ---> TV: https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2

But the issue also persists when going directly from the FIOS One box to the TV with these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #1340 of 1418 Old 01-28-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
But the issue also persists when going directly from the FIOS One box to the TV with these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Test for Vol gui flicker when in the H9F smart apps screen or using a different HDMI source if you have. If it doesn't then check the FIOS box for a 4K60hz display setting. Considering this all started with the new FIOS box, it's likely either an issue with that box or some type of compat issue between them both.
hsindogg likes this.
post #1341 of 1418 Old 01-29-2020, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anyone else having issues with the Game Mode setting? It appears there is no difference at all with input lag between Game Mode or any other Picture setting. Reviews have said that Game Mode only had around 16 to 18 Milliseconds of input lag while other modes have around 100 Milliseconds. Based on my testing Game Mode has the exact same input lag as other modes and honestly isn't very good.

Not sure if this is an issue with the latest firmware or not, but it appears that Game Mode isn't working for me. Is anyone else noticing this?
post #1342 of 1418 Old 01-29-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcguire View Post
Test for Vol gui flicker when in the H9F smart apps screen or using a different HDMI source if you have. If it doesn't then check the FIOS box for a 4K60hz display setting. Considering this all started with the new FIOS box, it's likely either an issue with that box or some type of compat issue between them both.
It's the FIOS One box and HDMI-CEC handshaking. Confirmed because my brother also has FIOS One and a Hisense H9F and it does the same for him too.
post #1343 of 1418 Old 01-29-2020, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Never mind, figured out I'm an idiot. ARC does work fine for me with my YSP-2200.

Last edited by mud sloth; 01-29-2020 at 06:27 PM.
post #1344 of 1418 Old 01-29-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
It's the FIOS One box and HDMI-CEC handshaking. Confirmed because my brother also has FIOS One and a Hisense H9F and it does the same for him too.
I'd report that to Hisense support, they may be able to resolve with a FW update. It's their GUI after all.
post #1345 of 1418 Old 02-03-2020, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgolds20 View Post
New owner of the H9F, does anybody have solid calibration settings? I used FOMOs picture settings from his YouTube video, which are pretty solid but pretty basic. I then was planning on using quantum Xs calibration settings after seeing some of his H9F videos and seeing the performance he was getting out of it. That plan was debunked after realizing you need to have a monthly paid subscription to his channel before seeing any of his calibration or picture settings.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Any chance you came across the quantum calibration settings listed somewhere? I tried rtings for the fine tuning and wasn't too happy with that and I've been unsuccessful finding anything else to try.

I'm happy with FOMOs basic settings, but I'd like the best picture possible.
post #1346 of 1418 Old 02-03-2020, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Please to all of you for people who want to buy this item you can install AIDA64 thrue GooglePlay and tell us what SoC (CPU) and GPU there is inside this TV ?

Thanks to help

Last edited by mikele59; 02-04-2020 at 07:39 AM.
post #1347 of 1418 Old 02-04-2020, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I am also looking for some good calibration settings for the H9F. I really would like a good set for HDR. Quantum TV has a link but you have to pay a fee to get the settings.. Anyone care to share some good HDR settings that will make colors pop without losing blacks?

I just purchased the Hisense and really am impressed so far. I have the dark corners like the RTINGS review talk about but I expected it with a FALD display. I think the picture still is amazing for the price point.
post #1348 of 1418 Old 02-04-2020, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hey

Its interesting for you too to know which SoC you have inside your TV .. its so easy to install AIDA64 with GooglePlay and to tell us what is the CPU and GPU inside this TV ...

This will help people to decide to buy or not ...

Thanks

Last edited by mikele59; 02-04-2020 at 06:39 PM.
post #1349 of 1418 Old 02-05-2020, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I am having an issue with a 4K UHD HDR BLU-RAY and the Xbox one x. Help would be appreciated. When I am playing Joker on my Xbox I check the display info and it says “no”. HDR is working for games. I have it set up for enhanced and I cannot get the HDR to kick in. All the green check marks are checked for 4K setup in Xbox settings? Any suggestions?
post #1350 of 1418 Old 02-05-2020, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcalmlikeabombv View Post
I am also looking for some good calibration settings for the H9F. I really would like a good set for HDR. Quantum TV has a link but you have to pay a fee to get the settings.. Anyone care to share some good HDR settings that will make colors pop without losing blacks?

I just purchased the Hisense and really am impressed so far. I have the dark corners like the RTINGS review talk about but I expected it with a FALD display. I think the picture still is amazing for the price point.
I followed these instructions to calibrate the white balance. Probably not that accurate but I got good results using my Pixel 2. Make sure to read the comments for additional tips, and retry several times until you get consistent results.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
5.1 , h9f bootloop , hisense h9f , Netflix , plex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page