Official Hisense H9F series 55" & 65" Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 382Likes

post #1381 of 1401 Old 02-11-2020, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It seems firmware J1008 did not completely fix the volume bar flickering issue for some devices.

Best thing for you guys to do is open a ticket with Hisense and tell them about the issue.

Also ask them to add an option to completely disable the internal speakers & volume bar in the next firmware update so we dont have to plug in adapters & headphones to the rear of the tv (which only partially resolves the issue anyway).

\m/ Strength Determination Merciless Forever \m/
Yamaha RX-V3800
Klipsch Legend series speakers (5) & Klipsch Dual THX Ultra II Subwoofers w/ ext Klipsch Subwoofer Amp
HISENSE 55H9F / Custom Built CaseLabs watercooled PC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1401 Old 02-12-2020, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikele59 View Post
Please to all of you for people who want to buy this item you can install AIDA64 thrue GooglePlay and tell us what SoC (CPU) and GPU there is inside this TV ?

Thanks to help
Hisense H9F 65"
CPU: 4 Core ARM Cortex-A53
SoC: MT5886
GPU: ARM Mali-450MP
RAM: 1.5GB
Storage: Internal 4MB

Last edited by Mmcguire; 02-12-2020 at 07:35 AM.
post #1383 of 1401 Old 02-12-2020, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
For those of you using a Firestick 4K, does Youtube HDR work for you? My H8F will not correctly recognize the colorspace when using the Firestick Youtube app and I was wondering if the H9F has the same issue. No issues using the Youtube app included with the OS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1384 of 1401 Old 02-12-2020, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcguire View Post
Hisense H9F 65"
thank you !
post #1385 of 1401 Old 02-12-2020, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is it normal for the H9F to every so often when turning it on to boot to the Andorid screen vs boot right up?

Is this because the tv is no longer in sleep mode and is completely off?
post #1386 of 1401 Old 02-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1390 View Post
Is it normal for the H9F to every so often when turning it on to boot to the Andorid screen vs boot right up?

That's been my experience. If you hold the power button you can force it all the way off and it will show the android boot the next time you use it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
post #1387 of 1401 Old 02-13-2020, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfSnakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1390 View Post

That's been my experience. If you hold the power button you can force it all the way off and it will show the android boot the next time you use it.

Yeah they probably did this cause they knew their cpu was terribly inadequate for this tv & OS & customers would need to reboot often!
With that being said I've deleted every possible app I could & clear the cache often & turned animations off in developer options & have had alot less issues.
It's just too bad that my firestick 4k doesnt have native apps for Vudu & Fandangonow, very frustrating.

Yamaha RX-V3800
Klipsch Legend series speakers (5) & Klipsch Dual THX Ultra II Subwoofers w/ ext Klipsch Subwoofer Amp
post #1388 of 1401 Old 02-13-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
Yeah they probably did this cause they knew their cpu was terribly inadequate for this tv & OS & customers would need to reboot often!
With that being said I've deleted every possible app I could & clear the cache often & turned animations off in developer options & have had alot less issues.
It's just too bad that my firestick 4k doesnt have native apps for Vudu & Fandangonow, very frustrating.
I'd actually guess it's the OS crashing that causes this. If I don't do a full reboot on my H8F it will only make it a couple of days in sleep mode before it crashes or becomes unresponsive when I try to use it. I tried purchasing a Firestick to have to engage the Android OS as little as possible, but it has issues that seem related to the TV as well, for example Youtube HDR videos don't play correctly through the Firestick.
post #1389 of 1401 Old 02-13-2020, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Android in general has always benefited from an occasional reboot. Early Android phones were particularly bad about it, at least mine were.

Holding power to shutdown or reboot is pretty standard across Android devices though so it's not just included by hisense because we would need it. It should be available on any Android tv unless the manufacturer took time to remove it.

post #1390 of 1401 Old 02-13-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDdoggy View Post
Quote:
I'd actually guess it's the OS crashing that causes this. If I don't do a full reboot on my H8F it will only make it a couple of days in sleep mode before it crashes or becomes unresponsive when I try to use it. I tried purchasing a Firestick to have to engage the Android OS as little as possible, but it has issues that seem related to the TV as well, for example Youtube HDR videos don't play correctly through the Firestick.
I agree that an occasional reboot of the Android OS can help in certain circumstances, that's true for any os but I still think it has more to do with the hardware even in the case of older or cheaper phones, ie not enough ram and or cheap processor etc.

What kind of issues are you having with youtube & your firestick 4K?

I just watched 4K HDR youtube videos on my tv app & am now watching 4K HDR videos on my firestick 4K and it's working fine.

Yamaha RX-V3800
post #1391 of 1401 Old 02-13-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I agree that an occasional reboot of the Android OS can help in certain circumstances, that's true for any os but I still think it has more to do with the hardware even in the case of older or cheaper phones, ie not enough ram and or cheap processor etc.

What kind of issues are you having with youtube & your firestick 4K?

I just watched 4K HDR youtube videos on my tv app & am now watching 4K HDR videos on my firestick 4K and it's working fine.
When I try to watch an HDR video on the Firestick Youtube app it looks washed out and the colors are wrong. Looking at the Youtube stats, the video is reporting BT.2020 but my TV is showing BT.709 which I think may be the issue. Prime Video plays in HDR correctly and the native Youtube app does as well. This happens on every Youtube HDR video I've tried including ones that work correctly outside the Firestick. My TV switches to HDR Theater and sees it's HDR, but the colorspace appears to be wrong. I've tried all the settings on the Firestick display settings, changed so many things on the TV, resets of both the TV and stick, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it won't display colors in HDR correctly only on the Youtube app on the Firestick. I can't figure it out. I have the H8F though, so I was curious if the H9F has the same issue or if it's something else entirely.
post #1392 of 1401 Old 02-14-2020, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
When I try to watch an HDR video on the Firestick Youtube app it looks washed out and the colors are wrong. Looking at the Youtube stats, the video is reporting BT.2020 but my TV is showing BT.709 which I think may be the issue. Prime Video plays in HDR correctly and the native Youtube app does as well. This happens on every Youtube HDR video I've tried including ones that work correctly outside the Firestick. My TV switches to HDR Theater and sees it's HDR, but the colorspace appears to be wrong. I've tried all the settings on the Firestick display settings, changed so many things on the TV, resets of both the TV and stick, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it won't display colors in HDR correctly only on the Youtube app on the Firestick. I can't figure it out. I have the H8F though, so I was curious if the H9F has the same issue or if it's something else entirely.
Which video are you watching on YT? I can try and see as well as long as it's free content, I don't sub YT.
post #1393 of 1401 Old 02-14-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsindogg View Post
Which video are you watching on YT? I can try and see as well as long as it's free content, I don't sub YT.
It happens with anything HDR (I'm aware there are lots of videos labeled HDR that aren't). Try Jacob and Katie Schwarz https://www.youtube.com/user/jacobschwarz or the HDR Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCve...FNipzeAGBI5t9g

Those play correctly in HDR on my native TV Youtube app but not my Firestick 4k. I've tried so many settings and resets and swapping HDMI ports but my TV plays them all in this washed out color that I think is related to choosing the wrong color space after detecting they're HDR. Prime Video plays in HDR correctly so it's something related to just the Youtube app and my TV as far as I can figure.
post #1394 of 1401 Old 02-15-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Those play correctly in HDR on my native TV Youtube app but not my Firestick 4k. I've tried so many settings and resets and swapping HDMI ports but my TV plays them all in this washed out color that I think is related to choosing the wrong color space after detecting they're HDR. Prime Video plays in HDR correctly so it's something related to just the Youtube app and my TV as far as I can figure.
To get HDR you need to ensure the H9F's HDMI port is set to enhanced, I suspect this setting is per port so after setting it on the port your Firestick is connected to make sure it's saved by selecting Apply Picture Settings to current source. At first I would confirm you can play anything on the Firestick in HDR using another app. If that's successful I'd look for an HDR enablement setting in the YouTube app. If no setting exists it's possible the app doesn't support HDR.

Another slight possibility concerns the transition between HDR and SDR I've encounter using an HDR enabled PC with SDR games. While the TV will detect the transition of HDR to SDR, the color palette is usually off resulting in an oversaturated appearance with the HDR to SDR transition and a faded appearance with SDR back to HDR with the TV still detecting an SDR source.

This is probably more of a Windows 10 HDR issue and/or the games that weren't designed to deal with it than the H9F however it still required a Picture mode change to properly pick up the HDR mode and enable the correct palette after Windows 10 HDR mode was cycled. On the Windows side when starting an SDR game I could just turn off HDR before running the game, however I find it easier to just Window Key back to the desktop and then re-enter the game and walla, proper SDR palette.

So while playing HDR YouTube content on the Firestick try changing picture mode giving the H9F a chance to rescan and see if it doesn't pick up HDR.

Another tidbit I'll mention concerning the choice between native or auto color palette which doesn't affect recognition but just appearance. Native looks slightly richer so I've gone with that at least with my PC source, your mileage may vary.
shoman94 likes this.

Last edited by Mmcguire; 02-15-2020 at 03:47 PM.
post #1395 of 1401 Old 02-16-2020, 01:51 AM

It could be your H8F but who knows. Anyway here are the correct settings you want for the 4k firestick just in case.
In display settings choose:

video resolution - Auto (up to 4k Ultra HD)
match original frame rate - ON
color depth - Up to 12 bits
color format - Auto
dynamic range settings - Adaptive (I choose "always HDR" setting when watching anything that is NOT HDR)

Yamaha RX-V3800
post #1396 of 1401 Old 02-17-2020, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
It happens with anything HDR (I'm aware there are lots of videos labeled HDR that aren't). Try Jacob and Katie Schwarz https://www.youtube.com/user/jacobschwarz or the HDR Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCve...FNipzeAGBI5t9g

Yep, same issue on the H9F. The native YouTube app looks great, but the Firestick 4K YouTube app is washed out, and the signal shows up as BT.709 as well.
Native App:

Firestick 4K App:
post #1397 of 1401 Old 02-17-2020, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcguire View Post
Hisense H9F 65"
Same SoC for basically every 2019 Hisense Android TV it looks like. H8F/H8809, Q8809 and Q7809 (Canada models), all using the same system. All the complaints of freezes, reboots, wifi issues, slow interface, etc., will be shared by all of them I guess. That said I find my H8F to be pretty fine so far in regards to Android--less laggy than my Sony Android set, and wifi (though I will likely be using wired where the set is installed) works fine too.
post #1398 of 1401 Old 02-17-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsindogg View Post
Yep, same issue on the H9F. The native YouTube app looks great, but the Firestick 4K YouTube app is washed out, and the signal shows up as BT.709 as well.
Native App:

Firestick 4K App:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing. I can't blame the Youtube app exclusively as I've had plenty of people tell me it works fine on their TV with the Firestick. I found some complaints of the same from other Hisense owners. It doesn't look like the TV is detecting the right color space.
post #1399 of 1401 Old Yesterday, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing. I can't blame the Youtube app exclusively as I've had plenty of people tell me it works fine on their TV with the Firestick. I found some complaints of the same from other Hisense owners. It doesn't look like the TV is detecting the right color space.
I have never used a Firestick, but maybe you could try going into the TV settings and manually force "Native" color space. That would force the TV to display the wider DCI-P3 and REC2020 color spaces. I doubt it will do anything because it sounds like a mismatch with the device and the TV.
post #1400 of 1401 Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieBristol View Post
I have never used a Firestick, but maybe you could try going into the TV settings and manually force "Native" color space. That would force the TV to display the wider DCI-P3 and REC2020 color spaces. I doubt it will do anything because it sounds like a mismatch with the device and the TV.
Yes, I've tried that and it makes it slightly more saturated/colorful as you'd expect, but still far from the correct color. What's weird is the Prime Video HDR works fine so I don't know what's different about the Youtube app HDR, just that the only people I've seen complaining about this beside me seem to also have Hisense TVs. My TV seems to have issues detecting the right signal from the HDMI ports in general- I often have to switch back and forth multiple times before it recognizes HDR or the correct resolution, but the Firestick is working great except for this issue, it seems to once again be the TV itself that's the issue.
post #1401 of 1401 Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post
Same SoC for basically every 2019 Hisense Android TV it looks like. H8F/H8809, Q8809 and Q7809 (Canada models), all using the same system. All the complaints of freezes, reboots, wifi issues, slow interface, etc., will be shared by all of them I guess. That said I find my H8F to be pretty fine so far in regards to Android--less laggy than my Sony Android set, and wifi (though I will likely be using wired where the set is installed) works fine too.
Also hard wired on a routed LAN and haven't had any issues with performance, interface or crashes. Only reason I have to use the TV's apps however over my PC is DolbyVision Netflix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
5.1 , h9f bootloop , hisense h9f , Netflix , plex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page