Official Hisense H9F series 55" & 65" Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 398Likes

post #1471 of 1491 Old 05-11-2020, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgsa1 View Post
Hi, I have also a Vizio soundbar connected to optical and the TV remote volume controls the soundbar, but the Vizio control doesn't control the TV volume, so I just put the TV's volume at 0, and use the Vizio control for volume. Or maybe I didn't catch what was your issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Volume up on Hisense would turn on soundbar and then control volume on soundbar and tv. Didn’t want to deal with that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1491 Old 05-12-2020, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartinijr1 View Post
Volume up on Hisense would turn on soundbar and then control volume on soundbar and tv. Didn’t want to deal with that stuff.
This would seem that the Hisense Remote is emitting the same IR frequency as the Vizio sound bar is receiving. I know that some Vizio sound bars has the ability to be programmed and learn the IR frequency emitted by other TV remotes.

For example, my sound bar has this ability described in the manual (p. 35, https://cdn.vizio.com/misc/QuickStar...b3651e6qsg.pdf). Perhaps you may have accidentally triggered this? I don't know if there is a way to have the Vizio unlearn this, but you could always try doing a factory reset on the sound bar (hold bluetooth and volume down on the sound bar itself for 5 seconds) and see if your TV remote still controls the sound bar.
post #1473 of 1491 Old 05-12-2020, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
This would seem that the Hisense Remote is emitting the same IR frequency as the Vizio sound bar is receiving. I know that some Vizio sound bars has the ability to be programmed and learn the IR frequency emitted by other TV remotes.

For example, my sound bar has this ability described in the manual (p. 35, https://cdn.vizio.com/misc/QuickStar...b3651e6qsg.pdf). Perhaps you may have accidentally triggered this? I don't know if there is a way to have the Vizio unlearn this, but you could always try doing a factory reset on the sound bar (hold bluetooth and volume down on the sound bar itself for 5 seconds) and see if your TV remote still controls the sound bar.
Thanks. Factory reset didn’t fix either. Weird. Just gonna move on. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1474 of 1491 Old 05-12-2020, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Factory reset didn’️t fix either. Weird. Just gonna move on. Thanks again.
Don't waste your time resetting the TV. The Vizio soundbars seem to pickup on certain remote frequency even if you haven't programmed it. I had 4 different smartcast Vizio soundbars and they all do it. I recently purchased 2 HDMI switches with remotes and pressing the power button will turn the soundbars off or on the switches auto change inputs so I don't use the remotes. I always have my soundbars on when using the both of my TVs so using one remote works for me, but it definitely won't for everyone.
post #1475 of 1491 Old 05-12-2020, 09:00 PM
Advanced Member

Yep. Went back and hooked it up to my samsung tv and there was no problem. Vizio andHisense not compatable. Will look at a Sony. Anybody try the Polk budget soundbar at Walmart? They’re supposed to be a good company. Any ideas for a budget soundbar for ourHisense tvs?
post #1476 of 1491 Old 05-13-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Factory reset didn’t fix either. Weird. Just gonna move on. Thanks again.
I know that the remote of the Hisense could be paired to the TV via bluetooth. If you put a tape over the TV remote IR port, would this help if it is just using the bluetooth signal? One last thing you could do is to somehow block the IR port of the soundbar and just use HDMI-CEC to control the sound bar?
post #1477 of 1491 Old 05-13-2020, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
When I was dealing with a Vizio bar and called support. What we found was that Vizio and Hisense are using the same IR codes for some stuff. It's an issue.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
post #1478 of 1491 Old 05-13-2020, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Yep. Went back and hooked it up to my samsung tv and there was no problem. Vizio andHisense not compatable. Will look at a Sony. Anybody try the Polk budget soundbar at Walmart? They’️re supposed to be a good company. Any ideas for a budget soundbar for ourHisense tvs?
I wouldn't say they are not compatible the tv and sound bar work together I have been using the setup for months. The problem is they share some of the same IR remote frequency. Your Samsung remote doesn't seem to share the same IR frequency as the Vizio soundbars. It would be nice if Hisense released a app to control the TV instead of relying on the remote. Switching to a Logitech remote could also be a solution to your issue.
post #1479 of 1491 Old 05-17-2020, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I know this is the H9F thread, but it's much more active than the H8F thread and I thought maybe the H9F behaved similarly and someone could help...

I recently received a 50H8F as a warranty replacement for a 50H7C that had developed some very minor dark spots in the panel (thank goodness for the old 4yr warranty, I waited and made my claim at 3yrs 6months). It's a great upgrade overall and I like that it's on AndroidTV (which I use throughout the house, previously had an eMatic Jetstream on the H7C). My only PQ complaint so far is viewing angles do kinda suck... it's not a major issue, but from the side seating area or line-of-sight from the kitchen, colors are noticeably washed out.

That said, I am seeing some peculiar results from the SPDIF output to the older non-HDMI AVR. Netflix and Vudu both properly output discrete 5.1 when the digital output is set to Dolby Digital. Most other apps (Disney+, Google Play, Plex, etc) output what seems to be 2.0 within a 5.1 container with the center channel truncated to the front-right, even for streams that should be 5.1 capable. This shifts all dialogue to the right and prevents the AVR from applying PLII. Switching the output to PCM remedies this, allowing the AVR to apply PLII, but also obviously doesn't allow for DD5.1 from the apps where it is working. Unfortunately, my AVR is behind a decorative frame that makes it a bear to see what type of input stream it's receiving or what processing is being applied at any given moment... if this isn't a known issue or something someone else can recreate, I guess I'll pull down the frame and investigate further

Can anyone recreate/repeat this issue? Any known fixes? Thanks in advance!

BenQ TK800 | Silver Ticket 106" 16:9 1.0 Grey | Marantz SR6011 | B&W P6 | B&W CDMC SE | Sonance .5 THX SUR | MCM In-Ceiling Atmos | Ascendant Avalanche 12" in 6 ft^3 @ 18Hz w/ BASH 500w Plate Amp | Sony X800 | NVidia Shield TV Pro | XBox One 500gb | Nintendo Switch | Harmony Smart Control | SmartThings Hub | Google Home | AT&T Fiber 300 | YouTube TV | Netflix | HBO Now | Spotify
post #1480 of 1491 Old 05-19-2020, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins View Post
I know this is the H9F thread, but it's much more active than the H8F thread and I thought maybe the H9F behaved similarly and someone could help...

I am seeing some peculiar results from the SPDIF output to the older non-HDMI AVR. Netflix and Vudu both properly output discrete 5.1 when the digital output is set to Dolby Digital. Most other apps (Disney+, Google Play, Plex, etc) output what seems to be 2.0 within a 5.1 container with the center channel truncated to the front-right, even for streams that should be 5.1 capable. This shifts all dialogue to the right and prevents the AVR from applying PLII. Switching the output to PCM remedies this, allowing the AVR to apply PLII, but also obviously doesn't allow for DD5.1 from the apps where it is working. Unfortunately, my AVR is behind a decorative frame that makes it a bear to see what type of input stream it's receiving or what processing is being applied at any given moment... if this isn't a known issue or something someone else can recreate, I guess I'll pull down the frame and investigate further

Can anyone recreate/repeat this issue? Any known fixes? Thanks in advance!
I did some more digging and should clarify a few things. Netflix and Vudu are properly outputting discrete DD5.1 over SPDIF to the AVR. Disney+, Google Play Movies, Plex, etc are outputting 2.0 in a DD5.1 container (preventing PLII from engaging), even when 5.1 should be available. Everything that would normally output 2.0 is also doing so as 2.0 in a DD5.1 container, also preventing PLII from engaging.

The shift of dialog to the right speaker was a red herring, somehow the speaker levels had reverted to stock and re-running auto-calibration at least fixed that.

The above simply leads me to believe some apps that should be outputting 5.1 are not doing so and everything is re-muxed into a 5.1 container regardless of the channels present. So, likely a combination of problems with the apps (possibly related to HDCP or just app authoring) and the TV improperly re-muxing 2.0 into a 5.1 container.

Anyone else have any experience/thoughts? Similar experience with ARC with Dolby Digital output selected? Possibly fixed with DD+ selected (no clue if this display can output out-of-spec DD+ over ARC as some can)?

BenQ TK800 | Silver Ticket 106" 16:9 1.0 Grey | Marantz SR6011 | B&W P6 | B&W CDMC SE | Sonance .5 THX SUR | MCM In-Ceiling Atmos | Ascendant Avalanche 12" in 6 ft^3 @ 18Hz w/ BASH 500w Plate Amp | Sony X800 | NVidia Shield TV Pro | XBox One 500gb | Nintendo Switch | Harmony Smart Control | SmartThings Hub | Google Home | AT&T Fiber 300 | YouTube TV | Netflix | HBO Now | Spotify

Last edited by Stephen Hopkins; 05-20-2020 at 12:28 PM.
post #1481 of 1491 Old 05-20-2020, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Now that Android TV devices can be added to a Google Home speaker group, I'm wondering if there's any chance this TV could leverage its Audio Only option as that speaker.

My H9F is connected to a soundbar via ARC. Everything turns on at once since CEC works nicely. I'd like to use the soundbar as a speaker for Google Home, but right now the only way that works is with the TV display on. Is there any way to have the Audio Only mode trigger automatically somehow? If I tell Google to play music via Spotify on my All Speakers group, it'd be great if the TV was smart enough to just turn on the soundbar and start sending music out through it without actually turning on the display.
post #1482 of 1491 Old 05-20-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins View Post
I did some more digging and should clarify a few things. Netflix and Vudu are properly outputting discrete DD5.1 over SPDIF to the AVR. Disney+, Google Play Movies, Plex, etc are outputting 2.0 in a DD5.1 container (preventing PLII from engaging), even when 5.1 should be available. Everything that would normally output 2.0 is also doing so as 2.0 in a DD5.1 container, also preventing PLII from engaging.

The shift of dialog to the right speaker was a red herring, somehow the speaker levels had reverted to stock and re-running auto-calibration at least fixed that.

The above simply leads me to believe some apps that should be outputting 5.1 are not doing so and everything is re-muxed into a 5.1 container regardless of the channels present. So, likely a combination of problems with the apps (possibly related to HDCP or just app authoring) and the TV improperly re-muxing 2.0 into a 5.1 container.

Anyone else have any experience/thoughts? Similar experience with ARC with Dolby Digital output selected? Possibly fixed with DD+ selected (no clue if this display can output out-of-spec DD+ over ARC as some can)?
Yes, this is accurate as far as I can tell. I have the Vizio 5.1 sound bar, and when watching Youtube (2.0 only), it still outputs DD+ 5.1 according to the what the Vizio SmartCast app says the sound bar is receiving. It seems like the TV is wrapping everything as DD+ 5.1 (or DTS if an DTS signal is sent).
post #1483 of 1491 Old 05-20-2020, 04:59 PM

Liked: 1
Hi everybody, please take the time to fill this out if you are having problems with ARC or your sound bar on your TV.

https://reddit.com/r/Hisense/comment...periencing_an/

Unfortunately if they are just looking into this now, safe to say it will not be out any time soon, but one can hope this will at least get them to start looking at fixing it.

Thanks!
Karelia likes this.
post #1484 of 1491 Old 05-21-2020, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim311 View Post
Hi everybody, please take the time to fill this out if you are having problems with ARC or your sound bar on your TV.

https://reddit.com/r/Hisense/comment...periencing_an/

Unfortunately if they are just looking into this now, safe to say it will not be out any time soon, but one can hope this will at least get them to start looking at fixing it.

Thanks!
I chimed in on a similar survey regarding SPDIF output so, hopefully, the input their soliciting is taken into account. Most there were simply complaining about the lack of ability to disable the internal speakers and lack of variable output on SPDIF. I was the first to bring up the improper re-muxing of 2.0 into a 5.1 container.

Further reading in the subreddit indicated that the HDMI-ARC issues may be fixed in the next update (which also includes HDMI flicker from PS4 along with Android 9/Pie) but I've seen no mention of whether fixing the SPDIF output will be addressed. Apparently the next update is in week 2 of its staged rollout on the H8F and will be coming to the H9F after that, sometime in June.

post #1485 of 1491 Old 05-22-2020, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
ARC and TV volume bar SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime now and trying everything to get ARC to work with my Samsung Q7R soundbar and Apple TV 4K. Nothing has worked.....UNTIL NOW!!!!!!! I have used over 15 different HDMI cables with mixed results, some I have had ARC work with the tv volume bar issue. Some have given me no signal. I have contacted Hisense and they sent me updated firmware which turned out to be the J1008 update which I was already on. Anyways I just received these HDMI cables and installed via ARC and EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD!! I now have DOLBY ATMOS, no TV volume bar issues.....NOTHING. I am willing to bet this is the problem for most users as people still believe all HDMI cables are usable. Not the case.

EDIT: I am not able to post links. The HDMI Cables are Zeskit Cinema Plus HDMI Cable 6'7" Cinema Plus 28AWG (4K 60Hz HDR 4:4:4) HDCP 2.2 - Exceed HDMI 2.0, High Speed 22.28 Gbps - Compatible with Xbox PS3 PS4 Pro nVidia AMD Apple TV 4K Fire Netflix LG Sony Samsung.
post #1486 of 1491 Old 05-22-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Schrantz View Post
Hey everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime now and trying everything to get ARC to work with my Samsung Q7R soundbar and Apple TV 4K. Nothing has worked.....UNTIL NOW!!!!!!! I have used over 15 different HDMI cables with mixed results, some I have had ARC work with the tv volume bar issue. Some have given me no signal. I have contacted Hisense and they sent me updated firmware which turned out to be the J1008 update which I was already on. Anyways I just received these HDMI cables and installed via ARC and EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD!! I now have DOLBY ATMOS, no TV volume bar issues.....NOTHING. I am willing to bet this is the problem for most users as people still believe all HDMI cables are usable. Not the case.

EDIT: I am not able to post links. The HDMI Cables are Zeskit Cinema Plus HDMI Cable 6'7" Cinema Plus 28AWG (4K 60Hz HDR 4:4:4) HDCP 2.2 - Exceed HDMI 2.0, High Speed 22.28 Gbps - Compatible with Xbox PS3 PS4 Pro nVidia AMD Apple TV 4K Fire Netflix LG Sony Samsung.
How long has it been since you installed? I tried a lot of cables, and starting getting the same issues about 5-10 days on average after the swap
post #1487 of 1491 Old 05-22-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
How long has it been since you installed? I tried a lot of cables, and starting getting the same issues about 5-10 days on average after the swap
Day 4 now. Fingers crossed. This is the first cable that has even let the AppleTv 4K work via HDMI IN on the sound bar. I was having to use other devices to get ARC to function at all. But you are correct the other cables that worked stopped working after a several days. Even when those cables did work I had the TV volume bar issue that made it almost unusable.
post #1488 of 1491 Old 05-23-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Day 4 now. Fingers crossed. This is the first cable that has even let the AppleTv 4K work via HDMI IN on the sound bar. I was having to use other devices to get ARC to function at all. But you are correct the other cables that worked stopped working after a several days. Even when those cables did work I had the TV volume bar issue that made it almost unusable.
Gotcha, keep us updated!
post #1489 of 1491 Old 05-25-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:

Are these the one you got?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078LTNDZW

In the 15 HDMI cables you've tried, were any of them high speed ones as well?
post #1490 of 1491 Old 05-26-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Are these the one you got?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078LTNDZW

In the 15 HDMI cables you've tried, were any of them high speed ones as well?
Yes, these are the ones I purchased. Yes I have also purchased these that worked with ARC for a few days. But these cables would NOT work with my Apple TV 4K. I now have enough posts to post links

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #1491 of 1491 Old 05-26-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Gotcha, keep us updated!
Funny thing with these cables are my H9F does not show that audio is coming via ARC. It shows TV speakers but my Samsung Q70R soundbar is the audio source and I am able to get Dolby Atmos with the proper content.

With the last 8k cables I linked above, the H9F was using ARC and had the TV volume bar issues.

Anyways, things are still going strong. Watched Star Trek Beyond in full Atmos glory last night!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
5.1 , h9f bootloop , hisense h9f , Netflix , plex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page