Originally Posted by Angelo Panas
I don't really know much about tv's, and I was going to pick up a samsung q70r, then i heard about this release. Is the samsung better quality? or should this one be on par? would it be worth the investment to pick up the q70r over this?
I've been through this process before, so I think I can help you (Q90R owner here):
1. You either like or HATE Roku TV. I prefer Samsung's OS because I can quickly change TV settings and I'm always playing with my settings depending on the material (movies, lights off, gaming, sports, documentaries, etc.). Roku TV is very limiting and you have to access the deeper settings through the Roku App.
2. Q70R is a solid 120Hz panel, the TCL 6-Series 65R625 is only a 60Hz panel. This will be obvious in motion, 24p material and gaming.
3. Q70R supports more gaming resolutions than TCL.
4. But if none of the above matters to you, and you mostly watch streaming that outputs 60Hz content so you motion issues are less pronounced, the new 6 Series is worth considering.
5. But for the same price as a 65" Q70R, why not consider the 75" 6-Series that does have the 120Hz panel and you get the larger screen?
I'm waiting for the upcoming 8 Series which will be priced to go head-on with the Samsung Q80.