TCL 8-Series, 6-Series QLED TVs - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1099Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 1528 Old 10-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Member
 
GatrNol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionutzzzz View Post
That is weird..Now its not even showing up on there website.. Interesting
I'm guessing TCL, which no doubt monitors this thread, had them yank it!

(As TCL has not yet made their "early October" announcement, and didn't want anyone to steal their thunder)
aaronwt likes this.
GatrNol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 1528 Old 10-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Member
 
audionutzzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatrNol View Post
I'm guessing TCL, which no doubt monitors this thread, had them yank it!

(As TCL has not yet made their "early October" announcement, and didn't want anyone to steal their thunder)

Right.. I bet they will release it sooner then (later October)..
audionutzzzz is offline  
post #843 of 1528 Old 10-04-2019, 09:06 PM
Member
 
Kizzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionutzzzz View Post
Mine shows when added to cart its from electronic express..55 or 65..
Strange. Maybe it has to do with local warehousing.
Kizzer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #844 of 1528 Old 10-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Riptide_NVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I e-mail'd TCL about HDMI 2.1 support on the 8 series set they are releasing soon. The answer was unfortunately disappointing.


"At the moment, information regarding the specification of the HDMI port of the 8 series is unavailable."


I use my TV for Windows desktop computer use and want the feature. I'd like to have full 4:4:4 10bit desktop support and VRR for when I have GPU hardware capable of actually using it.


I suspect strongly, that these will be HDMI 2.0 sets on the initial release. A revision or the next model to come out will probably have full HDMI 2.1 support. Sometime later next year. Question is, do I want to wait for that at this point or just get a 65" OLED over black friday.
Riptide_NVN is offline  
post #845 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 05:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 4
still nothing on brick & mortar availability? TCL needs to invest in a better marketing team.
njfastlife is offline  
post #846 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rockaway1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 1,020
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfastlife View Post
still nothing on brick & mortar availability? TCL needs to invest in a better marketing team.
See post #803
rockaway1836 is offline  
post #847 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 799
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 318
I suspect 8 series will come down in price pretty quickly after the intro rush to purchase. We are going to start seeing 75Q90s for under $3k in the not to distant future. The 65 is already well under $2k on ebay. I'm personally very interested to see the 75" 8 series as I'm not a big fan of the dispersion layers on the top tier sets. I was happy to see that TCL avoided it. Whether the dispersion of their thinner design is actually a bit better than other non-enhanced VA sets as claimed remains to be seen but I'm glad they didn't take a trade off approach to the issue. At this point we'll have to wait and see if their processing (scaling, motion, gradient, noise handling) competes with the top players but they have certainly addressed it with some new bits for the purpose.
js950 is offline  
post #848 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Member
 
bobdro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide_NVN View Post
I e-mail'd TCL about HDMI 2.1 support on the 8 series set they are releasing soon. The answer was unfortunately disappointing.


"At the moment, information regarding the specification of the HDMI port of the 8 series is unavailable."


I use my TV for Windows desktop computer use and want the feature. I'd like to have full 4:4:4 10bit desktop support and VRR for when I have GPU hardware capable of actually using it.


I suspect strongly, that these will be HDMI 2.0 sets on the initial release. A revision or the next model to come out will probably have full HDMI 2.1 support. Sometime later next year. Question is, do I want to wait for that at this point or just get a 65" OLED over black friday.
Sorry to hear this. My question is if they push Atmos on these sets why not earc? Or is earc added to their Hdmi 2.0 spec. Anyone know this answer?
bobdro is offline  
post #849 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 10:00 AM
Member
 
a/v HD fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide_NVN View Post
I e-mail'd TCL about HDMI 2.1 support on the 8 series set they are releasing soon. The answer was unfortunately disappointing.


"At the moment, information regarding the specification of the HDMI port of the 8 series is unavailable."


I use my TV for Windows desktop computer use and want the feature. I'd like to have full 4:4:4 10bit desktop support and VRR for when I have GPU hardware capable of actually using it.


I suspect strongly, that these will be HDMI 2.0 sets on the initial release. A revision or the next model to come out will probably have full HDMI 2.1 support. Sometime later next year. Question is, do I want to wait for that at this point or just get a 65" OLED over black friday.
Sorry to hear this. My question is if they push Atmos on these sets why not earc? Or is earc added to their Hdmi 2.0 spec. Anyone know this answer?
I thought it was confirmed that the 4k 8 series being released is HDMI 2.0, and that the 8k model is delayed so they can ensure it's HDMI 2.1 features work correctly? Maybe I'm not remembering right...
a/v HD fan is offline  
post #850 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Riptide_NVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Or maybe you know something TCL support isn't aware of due to lack of internal communication? It's believable. Regardless, I scoured the internet and could not locate an article stating one way or the other definitively.


I decided to go ahead and get the OLED. Beach camera has a sale for 1699 on the 65" C9. Going to sell my 55" B7 locally for cash to help offset the cost.


It's exciting to see mini LED catching up to OLED in many respects and if I was more patient I'm sure in another year or so the gap will be narrowed considerably to the point OLED will be less advantageous. I am not thrilled with having to baby the set to minimize or avoid burn-in when using as a computer display however I know what I'm getting myself into here.
Riptide_NVN is offline  
post #851 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Kizzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfastlife View Post
still nothing on brick & mortar availability? TCL needs to invest in a better marketing team.
I REALLY hope Costco will carry the 65 inch. No way will I buy this brand from anywhere else. Since I have the Costco branded Citi Visa, the warranty is extended to 4 years - Something this brand seems to need.
theboomr likes this.
Kizzer is offline  
post #852 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Member
 
garetjaxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Series 8 was on sale today at Best Buy. Fomo bought one.

theboomr likes this.
garetjaxor is offline  
post #853 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Craigslue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Just looked on BB website and found nothing! No 625 or 825.
Craigslue is offline  
post #854 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
quovadis123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Has anyone received the new 6?
Is it any improvement over last years 6?
Thanks
quovadis123 is online now  
post #855 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,934
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslue View Post
Just looked on BB website and found nothing! No 625 or 825.
They yanked it, for half the day or something you could add it to your cart. Had a ship date of early/mid november.
Craigslue likes this.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #856 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rockaway1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 1,020
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
They yanked it, for half the day or something you could add it to your cart. Had a ship date of early/mid november.
Shouldn't you be busy binge watching Netflix today ? Or did you do it yesterday ?
rockaway1836 is offline  
post #857 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,934
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
Shouldn't you be busy binge watching Netflix today ? Or did you do it yesterday ?
Haha no doubt, we haven't started it yet. When a good show comes out they go so quick, gotta savor it.
rockaway1836 likes this.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #858 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rockaway1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 1,020
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 282
For what it's worth ( which is nothing really ) The 8 series still shows under my shopping history. Clicking on it leads to a dead page, but it does show as sold out on both sizes.
rockaway1836 is offline  
post #859 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,934
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
For what it's worth ( which is nothing really ) The 8 series still shows under my shopping history. Clicking on it leads to a dead page, but it does show as sold out on both sizes.
Ah yeah mine too, I had it in my cart just to see when it would ship but they took it out.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #860 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
oldsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Citrus Hts., CA
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzer View Post
I REALLY hope Costco will carry the 65 inch. No way will I buy this brand from anywhere else. Since I have the Costco branded Citi Visa, the warranty is extended to 4 years - Something this brand seems to need.
Unfortunately I don't think Costco will carry the upper TCL TV line.I was told by an Costco employee that works in the electronics department the decision to carry certain items is decided by a group or committee at home office. They base their buying decision on brand recognition, returns, reliability, and value. They will also buy year end close-out items that are an exceptional value. That's probably why we are seeing the 55" and 65" R613 being offered. They probably got a real deal on them. Well, here's hoping that I'm totally wrong.
aaronwt and theboomr like this.

Main 4K Setup: LG OLED55E6P, Oppo UDP-203, Denon AVR X-4500H,AudioSource 2 channel amp,(3) Hsu CCB-8 bookshelf speakers, (2) Hsu HB-1 speakers,(Monoprice Monolith 28" speaker stands, (4) Dayton Audio IO655B speakers, Hsu VTF-2 and VTF-3 subs, 10" Monolith THX sub, Roku Ultra, Amazon Fire TV4K, Monoprice premium certified HDMI cables
oldsteve is offline  
post #861 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I went to my local best buy this afternoon and their inventory system showed a release date of November 1st with a ship date of November 4th.
aaronwt likes this.
PokeyMinch is offline  
post #862 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 6
It's on Walmart. Com now I'm unable to post links


TCL 55" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160p) Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart QLED TV (55R625)

$599.99
D an is offline  
post #863 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Also listed on Ebay
D an is offline  
post #864 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,934
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeyMinch View Post
I went to my local best buy this afternoon and their inventory system showed a release date of November 1st with a ship date of November 4th.


The 6 or 8 series?

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #865 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
It was for the 8 series.
PokeyMinch is offline  
post #866 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Member
 
Kizzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsteve View Post
Unfortunately I don't think Costco will carry the upper TCL TV line.I was told by an Costco employee that works in the electronics department the decision to carry certain items is decided by a group or committee at home office. They base their buying decision on brand recognition, returns, reliability, and value. They will also buy year end close-out items that are an exceptional value. That's probably why we are seeing the 55" and 65" R613 being offered. They probably got a real deal on them. Well, here's hoping that I'm totally wrong.
You may be 100% right. Funny thing, I was in Costco and talked with the electronics manager and he told me they were expecting the R625 as they have a SKU for it.
theboomr likes this.
Kizzer is offline  
post #867 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 09:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,934
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzer View Post
You may be 100% right. Funny thing, I was in Costco and talked with the electronics manager and he told me they were expecting the R625 as they have a SKU for it.
That would be sweet, hopefully it comes through.
Kizzer and theboomr like this.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #868 of 1528 Old 10-05-2019, 11:31 PM
Member
 
Kizzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Best Buy has the 65R625 listed for sale with delivery of October 8th and store pickup (at my store) on October 10th.

Just seen that a local BB warehouse store will have it in stock Sunday.

Last edited by Kizzer; 10-05-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Kizzer is offline  
post #869 of 1528 Old 10-06-2019, 03:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Chingu808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzer View Post
Best Buy has the 65R625 listed for sale with delivery of October 8th and store pickup (at my store) on October 10th.

Just seen that a local BB warehouse store will have it in stock Sunday.

My local store has the 55" ready for pick-up tomorrow & the 65" on 10/16/19.
aaronwt likes this.
Chingu808 is offline  
post #870 of 1528 Old 10-06-2019, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,934
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Sweet. Hopefully they start hanging them up. Need to take a trip down there. My store had a couple 55s it says.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
tcl , tcl 6-series , tcl 8-series

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off