2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 (55" & 65") Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 517Likes

post #61 of 1302 Old 09-30-2019, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zak28 View Post
I got mine Friday and even though the box was a bit beat up, the TV itself is fine. No issues with the panel it seems and I have been playing with it for a little over the weekend. Haven't had the time to set up each picture mode properly, hopefully someone else with more knowledge will post their settings.

It's the first time I am using the ROKU OS and I am having the issue that movies and shows both on Amazon and Netflix have the audio out of sync and the delay is very significant to the point it's not watchable. I am using ARC to get the sound to my receiver and when I change the sound setting to PMC/Stereo as was suggested on the TCL support site, I only have stereo sound output, which is silly. Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve it? Plan B would be using my shield, but it sounded easier to just use one interface.
I had a similar experience last night. I currently run the audio from the TV to my AVR through optical, and don't get any delay (that is noticeable) using the built in Roku Apps. But when I use my PS4 connected directly to the TV (not the AVR since it doesn't support HDR) I get tons of audio lag using Dolby, DTS, or PCM (albeit less with PCM). I hope a firmware patch can fix this, my TCL from 2 years ago didn't have this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1302 Old 09-30-2019, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
I think they look cool. At least they look different than the other 100 TVs offered right now that all have the same legs in the same place.
I dislike them for 2 reasons. The first is that I have a custom built TV stand that has a cutout to house my oversized Elemental Designs eD[12]c center channel flanked by two 19" wide compartments for rack mounting components and it is about 60" wide. My roomate from college made it for me and it cost me a pretty penny so I would like to keep it in my theater room and being that my next move is a 75" panel the 6 series is out since the legs are too wide. The second is that with those style legs it really makes it hard to conceal the cables and I cannot stand seeing wires.

This is part of the reason why I prefer the style stand for the TLC 8 series which is why that may be the TV I go with.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro
post #63 of 1302 Old 09-30-2019, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by profb888 View Post
my harmony remote doesn't recognize TCL 65R625. How quickly do they generally register new models? I would have thought they'd be ready for such an anticipated model.
Try using Roku TV as the model. Last years 6 series did not do a good job of transferring the proper buttons when you used the model# (i.e. 615 or 617) but once used Roku TV as the model it had all the proper buttons.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 1302 Old 09-30-2019, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearantlers View Post
I had a similar experience last night. I currently run the audio from the TV to my AVR through optical, and don't get any delay (that is noticeable) using the built in Roku Apps. But when I use my PS4 connected directly to the TV (not the AVR since it doesn't support HDR) I get tons of audio lag using Dolby, DTS, or PCM (albeit less with PCM). I hope a firmware patch can fix this, my TCL from 2 years ago didn't have this issue.
That is the one issue I have always had with Roku OS, whether it is TCL or Hisense. I always get audio delay through HDMI devices (like my Xbox One X) no matter if I am using Optical or a 3.5mm headset plugged directly into the headphone port. I had the issue with the TCL 4-Series, 5-Series, and a Hisense R6E. The only work around was plugging a headset into the controller which eliminated the audio delay. Currently have a Hisense H8F and I can plug a headset directly into the headphone port of the TV and not get any audio delay. I use headphones exclusively for Virtual Surround Sound (Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic on Xbox One X and Turtle Beach 7.1 DSS for built-in apps).
post #65 of 1302 Old 09-30-2019, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieBristol View Post
That is the one issue I have always had with Roku OS, whether it is TCL or Hisense. I always get audio delay through HDMI devices (like my Xbox One X) no matter if I am using Optical or a 3.5mm headset plugged directly into the headphone port. I had the issue with the TCL 4-Series, 5-Series, and a Hisense R6E. The only work around was plugging a headset into the controller which eliminated the audio delay. Currently have a Hisense H8F and I can plug a headset directly into the headphone port of the TV and not get any audio delay. I use headphones exclusively for Virtual Surround Sound (Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic on Xbox One X and Turtle Beach 7.1 DSS for built-in apps).

Make sure your on the correct version of HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 instead of Auto

TCL 4 Series 50" / 6 Series 65"
post #66 of 1302 Old 09-30-2019, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I did some tinkering around with this. I ended up with setting the Sound on the R625 to Auto Passthrough. It resolved the issues that I was having with Optical synch on ATV4k outputting Dolby 5.1.
post #67 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 30
So what's the news on the iOS app that can calibrate the picture settings? I have an iPhone X, that should be compatible, right?
post #68 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesan View Post
I did some tinkering around with this. I ended up with setting the Sound on the R625 to Auto Passthrough. It resolved the issues that I was having with Optical synch on ATV4k outputting Dolby 5.1.
That's interesting. I still get major audio delay on the PS4 using Auto Passthrough. I have been testing with the BBC audio sync test on YouTube. I was able to resolve it by setting the TV and PS4 to PCM (make sure to restart the TV). After this I get zero lag on both the Roku YT app and the PS4 YT app.

My setup is PS4 -> HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> AVR

I am curious why TCL only supports 2 channel PCM over ARC, it should be possible right? Either way, I'm only using a 3.1 speaker setup for now so I think this will have to do. I guess my other option could be to use ARC for the TV and then go optical directly from the PS4 to the AVR (which only has a single optical input).
post #69 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. I still get major audio delay on the PS4 using Auto Passthrough. I have been testing with the BBC audio sync test on YouTube. I was able to resolve it by setting the TV and PS4 to PCM (make sure to restart the TV). After this I get zero lag on both the Roku YT app and the PS4 YT app.

My setup is PS4 -> HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> AVR

I am curious why TCL only supports 2 channel PCM over ARC, it should be possible right? Either way, I'm only using a 3.1 speaker setup for now so I think this will have to do. I guess my other option could be to use ARC for the TV and then go optical directly from the PS4 to the AVR (which only has a single optical input).
I haven't done too much testing with the PS4, but I can later today. I would recommend setting the PS4 to bitstream either DTS or Dolby Digital and see if that helps things. I have the X1X bitstreaming DTS with the R625 on Auto Passthrough and haven't noticed any lag/delay with that.

More than 2 channels PCM over ARC would still only work for HDMI if enabled, I believe. The bandwidth of 5.1 PCM is too much to carry over optical.

I have a similar setup with Devices --> HDMI --> TV --> Optical --> Old 2.1 Soundbar without HDMI2.0/HDCP2.2.
post #70 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Annoying, eh? I wouldn't expect it to change, but maybe it could? I suggest running an optical cable to your AVR directly, assuming you have that option. I have the same situation with my Z9F but at least it was only introducing a few ms of lag.. so honestly it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Still, luckily for me, my AVR has two optical inputs so I have one from my TV for TV apps / OTA and one from my PS4 for everything else. BTW, don't use PCM with optical or ARC as you'll only get stereo that way since PCM takes more bandwidth than DD/DTS bitstream.

EDIT: Just read your more recent post. Yes, ARC only supports 2 channels via PCM. It's not a Roku/TCL thing, it's an ARC thing. But if you're just 3.1, that's not a huge issue. Or, you could simply use ARC for the TV and Optical for the PS4 as you considered.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS

Last edited by p3trol_h3ad; 10-01-2019 at 08:58 AM.
post #71 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
I dislike them for 2 reasons. The first is that I have a custom built TV stand that has a cutout to house my oversized Elemental Designs eD[12]c center channel flanked by two 19" wide compartments for rack mounting components and it is about 60" wide. My roomate from college made it for me and it cost me a pretty penny so I would like to keep it in my theater room and being that my next move is a 75" panel the 6 series is out since the legs are too wide. The second is that with those style legs it really makes it hard to conceal the cables and I cannot stand seeing wires.

This is part of the reason why I prefer the style stand for the TLC 8 series which is why that may be the TV I go with.
Hey, to each his own.. just sayin'

I also hated the "legs" at first and prefer the pedestal (looks cleaner and "nicer" to me), but the legs have started to grow on me. Makes it look "beefier" and maybe even more aggressive, which I actually kind of like with such a large set, heh.

Curious though, why do you think the legs make it harder to see cables? I don't see any cables with my Z9F, love it. My old TV had a really nice center mount that swiveled.. it was great but it was basically impossible to *completely* hide the wires from the front view. That was more on the design of the base rather than the fact that it was in the center, though...

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
post #72 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What was the default setting?

post #73 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
A lot of you guys are having audio delay or lipsync issues with your TCL tv. Are you guys running it through a sound bar or an AVR?
post #74 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Rtings has purchased their R625. Looking forward to their review!
aaronwt, whiteboy714 and theboomr like this.
post #75 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
What was the default setting?
I believe that it defaults to Auto or PCM on the PS4. You have to manually set it to bitstream to Dolby/DTS if I recall correctly.

I'm not actually using the stock 'legs', but using a universal stand like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@getbigg21 , I am connecting to a soundbar where/when I was encountering the lag.
post #76 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I believe that it defaults to Auto or PCM on the PS4. You have to manually set it to bitstream to Dolby/DTS if I recall correctly.

I'm not actually using the stock 'legs', but using a universal stand like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@getbigg21 , I am connecting to a soundbar where/when I was encountering the lag.
Okay cause I have last years model and I was having a heck of a time with lipsync/audio delay. i went through 2 receivers and 2 sound bars b/f I finally got it working. I guess TCL and or other brands do not play well together. I went through a Sonos sound bar, an onkyo receiver and a pioneer receiver. Now I have a Yamaha receiving and it works fine.
post #77 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I meant on the R625. You stated: "I ended up with setting the Sound on the R625 to Auto Passthrough." I figured that would be the default setting.

post #78 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I meant on the R625. You stated: "I ended up with setting the Sound on the R625 to Auto Passthrough."
I think the default on the R625 is just Auto. Should be good for HDMI, but don't think that setting does anything for Optical.
post #79 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Is there a way to set video preferences across the board, so that I don't have to remove "Action Smoothing" every time I add a new Roku channel?
post #80 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey, to each his own.. just sayin'

I also hated the "legs" at first and prefer the pedestal (looks cleaner and "nicer" to me), but the legs have started to grow on me. Makes it look "beefier" and maybe even more aggressive, which I actually kind of like with such a large set, heh.

Curious though, why do you think the legs make it harder to see cables? I don't see any cables with my Z9F, love it. My old TV had a really nice center mount that swiveled.. it was great but it was basically impossible to *completely* hide the wires from the front view. That was more on the design of the base rather than the fact that it was in the center, though...
IIRC though the Z9F has a place where you can route the cables through the legs hence concealing them whereas I do not believe the TCL 625 does from seeing pictures, maybe I am wrong. IF not I guess you could just zip tie the wires to the legs and call it a day but I know from have the TCL 615 for a month last year that even doing that while it helped did not completely hide the wires.
p3trol_h3ad likes this.

Ed

post #81 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdT586 View Post
Make sure your on the correct version of HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 instead of Auto
I always selected HDMI 2.0 with all of the 4K Roku TV's I had and all of them exhibited audio delay when using an Xbox One X. Tried the 3.5mm audio output on the TV as well Optical Audio Out.
post #82 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Interesting to hear I am not the only one with out of sync audio issues. My setup is TV <=> Old 7.2 non 4k receiver <= other devices.

I noticed the out of sync did not occur on an older show on amazon that was only 1080p, while I noticed delay on a 4k HDR show last night. Bandwidth should not be an issue, my connection is 100mbit up and down, but I'll play with the router settings just in case there is a bottleneck.
post #83 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I always selected HDMI 2.0 with all of the 4K Roku TV's I had and all of them exhibited audio delay when using an Xbox One X. Tried the 3.5mm audio output on the TV as well Optical Audio Out.
Hi everyone - new 65R625 owner here as well. Ordered from Amazon first day it went up, and got it delivered last Thursday. Box was in good condition (1 of the 3 straps was missing, but that was it), and the TV was in good shape, as was the panel condition.

I am also getting the audio delay issue, but my setup sounds slightly different than the others that have posted here about this. I have a slightly older Onkyo AVR that supports HDMI switching, but not ARC on the HDMI output. Therefore, I'm running my handful of devices through the AVR to the TV via HDMI, but then using an optical connection back to the AVR for an ARC connection, only for the Roku channels etc from the TV. I have the ARC setting on the TV set to 'Auto-passthrough' (the default is 'Auto detect'). The HDMI version setting is irrelevant here because I'm not using HDMI for ARC.

As expected, my devices running through the AVR have no delay on them, because the audio isn't going to the TV and back again - the AVR is stripping that off directly. However, Roku content definitely has about a half-second audio delay. Suspecting that ARC was the culprit, I went into the TV settings and turned the TV speakers back on, which actually allows me to hear the TV audio through its own speakers and the ARC connection to the AVR at the same time. Sure enough, everything from the TV (the menu "clicks" and Roku channel audio) is delayed on the ARC connection compared to the audio from the TV speakers.

This sounds to me like it would be either a TV firmware issue or a Roku OS issue - not sure which. I can try changing my ARC setting to PCM just to see if it matters, but for those of you using an ARC connection - I recommend turning on the TV speakers & turning them up a bit so that you can compare apples to apples, with the audio path being the only difference.

I have a 5 y/o Sony 1080p panel in the basement hooked up to a non-HDMI AVR where I'm using an optical ARC connection for all of the audio, and there's no delay there at all.

Thoughts? I suppose I should be contacting TCM support if for no other reason than to make them aware?

PS: Also eagerly awaiting other people's settings, as I suck when it comes to doing my own picture adjustments...
post #84 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogins View Post
Hi everyone - new 65R625 owner here as well. Ordered from Amazon first day it went up, and got it delivered last Thursday. Box was in good condition (1 of the 3 straps was missing, but that was it), and the TV was in good shape, as was the panel condition.

I am also getting the audio delay issue, but my setup sounds slightly different than the others that have posted here about this. I have a slightly older Onkyo AVR that supports HDMI switching, but not ARC on the HDMI output. Therefore, I'm running my handful of devices through the AVR to the TV via HDMI, but then using an optical connection back to the AVR for an ARC connection, only for the Roku channels etc from the TV. I have the ARC setting on the TV set to 'Auto-passthrough' (the default is 'Auto detect'). The HDMI version setting is irrelevant here because I'm not using HDMI for ARC.

As expected, my devices running through the AVR have no delay on them, because the audio isn't going to the TV and back again - the AVR is stripping that off directly. However, Roku content definitely has about a half-second audio delay. Suspecting that ARC was the culprit, I went into the TV settings and turned the TV speakers back on, which actually allows me to hear the TV audio through its own speakers and the ARC connection to the AVR at the same time. Sure enough, everything from the TV (the menu "clicks" and Roku channel audio) is delayed on the ARC connection compared to the audio from the TV speakers.

This sounds to me like it would be either a TV firmware issue or a Roku OS issue - not sure which. I can try changing my ARC setting to PCM just to see if it matters, but for those of you using an ARC connection - I recommend turning on the TV speakers & turning them up a bit so that you can compare apples to apples, with the audio path being the only difference.

I have a 5 y/o Sony 1080p panel in the basement hooked up to a non-HDMI AVR where I'm using an optical ARC connection for all of the audio, and there's no delay there at all.

Thoughts? I suppose I should be contacting TCM support if for no other reason than to make them aware?

PS: Also eagerly awaiting other people's settings, as I suck when it comes to doing my own picture adjustments...
Yeah exactly what happened to me with last years model and the onkyo that i had. i switched it out for a yamaha and it's good now
post #85 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post
Yeah exactly what happened to me with last years model and the onkyo that i had. i switched it out for a yamaha and it's good now
Really? Interesting... Do you happen to remember which Onkyo AVR you had? Mine is the TX-SR806. I'm having some other issues that are making me think about replacing it, and I've always liked Onkyo's price/performance ratio, but this makes me reconsider.
post #86 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogins View Post
Really? Interesting... Do you happen to remember which Onkyo AVR you had? Mine is the TX-SR806. I'm having some other issues that are making me think about replacing it, and I've always liked Onkyo's price/performance ratio, but this makes me reconsider.
i don't remember which one it was but i don't think it's a specific model. i do know it was a newer 2018 model.
post #87 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1512 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Are you guys with the delays all using ARC either through optical or through hdmi?

Most of my stuff will be ran through the AVR but I was planning on using some of the TV apps for the addition of DV.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
post #88 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Is the XBox One X HDMI 2.0 compatible ? I had no volume issues with HDMI 1.4 streaming boxes connected to HDMI ports that were on HDMI 2.0. The problems went away when I selected HDMI 1.4 or Auto.

TCL 4 Series 50" / 6 Series 65"
post #89 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdT586 View Post
Is the XBox One X HDMI 2.0 compatible ? I had no volume issues with HDMI 1.4 streaming boxes connected to HDMI ports that were on HDMI 2.0. The problems went away when I selected HDMI 1.4 or Auto.

I had no problem with audio issues...And the xbox one x is 2.0 compatible..I dont have tv anymore..amazon pick it up today..
post #90 of 1302 Old 10-01-2019, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone do any input lag testing yet?

Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version