2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 (55" & 65") Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 563Likes

post #1591 of 1596 Old 02-14-2020, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt1174 View Post
Any notes to the firmware update yet?
Nothing that I noticed besides the theme changed to the Valentine's day theme when it rebooted.
I didn't see any official release notes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1596 Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmin View Post
I hope this gets fixed one day. I know if the video file has audio track with Dolby Atmos audio then it definitely reboots, otherwise it usually plays if it has only dts audio; but I've seen other type of 4k demo files not play either. I've heard the Roku ultra TV boxes can play these files fine, but I don't own one of these to see how it looks on this tv. On the tcl 6 r615 model these files played great, when hdd was connected to a usb hub.
----
I also received the update but not sure what changed. Just a Valentine's day theme automatically loaded.
It used to work on the R625 too up until an update around December.

Last edited by samoth84; 02-14-2020 at 12:26 PM.
post #1593 of 1596 Old 02-16-2020, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Ok I am so done with updating firmware. On the last Roku update I found a problem or it could be the ATV4k firmware update not sure. When watching DV movies on my ATV4k box specifically Disney + when engaged in DV my picture mode which is in DARK/DV is way too DARK but when I switch from Dark to Normal back to Dark again it's fine. Sometimes I have to do this a few times to get it right. Can people test to see if this is happening if you use your ATV box? I haven't tested it on the internal Roku apps yet. I never had this problem until latest update to either Apple or Roku. I am really tired of these HD companies trying to fix one thing then screwing up other things. It's getting old.

Last edited by Scottt1174; 02-16-2020 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 1596 Old 02-17-2020, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt1174 View Post
Ok I am so done with updating firmware. On the last Roku update I found a problem or it could be the ATV4k firmware update not sure. When watching DV movies on my ATV4k box specifically Disney + when engaged in DV my picture mode which is in DARK/DV is way too DARK but when I switch from Dark to Normal back to Dark again it's fine. Sometimes I have to do this a few times to get it right. Can people test to see if this is happening if you use your ATV box? I haven't tested it on the internal Roku apps yet. I never had this problem until latest update to either Apple or Roku. I am really tired of these HD companies trying to fix one thing then screwing up other things. It's getting old.
on the Roku Disney+ and all apps with DV modes, it has been (doing this very too dark image thing) all month on my tv even before the update, when changing between DV modes. And it only plays DV properly after stopping the video and starting it back up. I've only owned the tv for a month now, so it kind of sucks that latest firmware updates introduced some new problems. I can still use the tv great most times if I don't change DV settings. When was this tv last having the most perfect firmware? Late Nov/ early Dec maybe?
----
TCL tech guys (read this!):
(Hopefully more firmware updates will fix any of these things: (0) Dark DV problem when changing DV modes.(1) Fixing the odd flickering Bright HDR and flashing during dark scenes with bright highlights (only occurs on some content; never seen this in Bright DV mode). (2) Fix playback of Video files with Dolby Atmos audio to play from External hdd without causing TV to reboot.--they should be able to fix this since it was working Before December update. (3) 5.1 audio signal should not be constantly ON and sent to AV receiver for every app including the stereo apps--it needs to auto detect incoming multichannel audio from Apps and then send a 5.1 audio signal to AV system. (4) I wish 5.1 audio from spdif optical would work without having to turn off built in stereo speakers first. (5) Improve "local contrast high setting" a little more so it doesn't cause things to become too dark in dark scenes. (6) audio sync issues sometimes occur with devices or apps. )--I'd be golden if there was a few of these fixes in future firmware updates.
samoth84 likes this.

Last edited by tmin; Yesterday at 08:51 AM.
post #1595 of 1596 Old 02-17-2020, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
" Fix playback of Video files with Dolby Atmos audio to play from External hdd without causing TV to reboot.-"

ive been ****ing with plex and different files wondering why my tv was rebooting, i really hope they fix this because it was working perfectly about 2 months ago. it would play anything i threw at it, now i have to play at a lower quality if i want some rips to play.
post #1596 of 1596 Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbis888 View Post
" Fix playback of Video files with Dolby Atmos audio to play from External hdd without causing TV to reboot.-"

ive been ****ing with plex and different files wondering why my tv was rebooting, i really hope they fix this because it was working perfectly about 2 months ago. it would play anything i threw at it, now i have to play at a lower quality if i want some rips to play.
I was having the same issue and after messing with my settings for quite a while, the following stopped the reboots and is working for me. In the Plex app I disabled direct play and set streaming quality to Original. In the server under transcode I set the background transcoder x264 preset to very slow. I also set the transcoder quality to make my CPU hurt. Obviously we all have different setups but this worked for me so I thought I would share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page