AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   LCD Flat Panel Displays (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 (55" & 65") Owners Thread (No Price Talk) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/3092866-2019-tcl-6-series-qled-r625-55-65-owners-thread-no-price-talk.html)

SkinsDC 09-25-2019 05:35 PM

2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 (55" & 65") Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Hi everyone,

New owner here of the 2019 TCL 65" R625 and I didn't see an official owner's thread for this set yet, so I hope this is ok.

I've been reading this forum for many years and had been following the 2019 TCL Pricing & Availability thread to this point, but thought it was time for a true owners thread for this specific set. I hope the other recent new owners of the R625 will join in here as well. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Best,
Mike

BFJ 96 09-25-2019 06:11 PM

Congrats Mike. Please post your impressions once you've given her a test drive

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

SUPERS0NICBOOM 09-25-2019 10:58 PM

My TV is out for delivery tomorrow. Really hope I win the panel lottery. (Assuming there is one) I went and ordered a 3rd party VESA stand because the Legs on the R625 are just too wide. No idea why they went with that design...🙄

profb888 09-26-2019 06:19 AM

my harmony remote doesn't recognize TCL 65R625. How quickly do they generally register new models? I would have thought they'd be ready for such an anticipated model.

rockaway1836 09-26-2019 06:25 AM

Question for any of the new owners; Which firmware did these sets ship with ?

audionutzzzz 09-26-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockaway1836 (Post 58608366)
question for any of the new owners; which firmware did these sets ship with ?

vsrt1012 09-26-2019 06:55 AM

Hung mine up last night. With the virtually invisible bezel the 65R625 takes up about the same space as my old 55" LG did. The "Gravity locks" released and the picture is stunning. No dead spots, no brown outs just a crystal clear picture. Can't wait to see how it handles sports and OTA broadcasts. Love the Roku OS too. Glad I waited for this set.

hjames19 09-26-2019 07:10 AM

Is the automatic calibration through the app available now or that a near feature update? If it is already available has anyone tried it yet? I’m wondering is it is accurate and worth considering in my next tv purchase as a bonus perk of the TCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjconnor10 09-26-2019 07:45 AM

I asked in the other thread, but didn't get a response. Can someone measure their 55" to see how far from the top of the set the top set of holes for mounting are? And how far from the bottom the bottom holes are? I need to mount mine, and it's going to be a really tight fit. It hasn't arrived from Amazon yet, and I'd like to get a head start.

whiteboy714 09-26-2019 10:24 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to getting mine once stock is filled locally.

p3trol_h3ad 09-26-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUPERS0NICBOOM (Post 58607788)
My TV is out for delivery tomorrow. Really hope I win the panel lottery. (Assuming there is one) I went and ordered a 3rd party VESA stand because the Legs on the R625 are just too wide. No idea why they went with that design...🙄

I think they look cool. At least they look different than the other 100 TVs offered right now that all have the same legs in the same place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by profb888 (Post 58608356)
my harmony remote doesn't recognize TCL 65R625. How quickly do they generally register new models? I would have thought they'd be ready for such an anticipated model.

Isn't the Harmony learning? i.e. You can capture the IR code sent from the TCL remote. All that said, perhaps the TCL uses BT/RF for the remote since it's a Roku TV. For that, you would need the Harmony Hub. I'm not sure if it can learn RF signals as well, but I bet it can.

SkinsDC 09-26-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUPERS0NICBOOM (Post 58607788)

Which one did you get?

SUPERS0NICBOOM 09-26-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsDC (Post 58610828)
Which one did you get?

I can't post a link because I a newbie here but I bought one by the brand Hemudu on Amazon but heads up you need to buy 4 M6x 25mm screws for the back of the TV for the 55 inch as they didn't include the right size for this TV. Other then that it works great!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mjconnor10 09-26-2019 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I lost.

I guess the good news is that now I can meaure the VESA screw hole placements for myself?

whiteboy714 09-26-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjconnor10 (Post 58610940)
I lost.

I guess the good news is that now I can meaure the VESA screw hole placements for myself?

Dude is this a joke, what is going on with the shipping of these things. Rush job? I think whenever best buy gets them I am going to open mine right there.

SUPERS0NICBOOM 09-26-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

I lost.

Dude that sucks! Luckily I got a pretty good panel with almost no banding. Hope your 2nd one is a winner.

SkinsDC 09-26-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audionutzzzz (Post 58608402)

Same here. Didn't yours come with damage? Do you still have it to test for other things?

rockaway1836 09-26-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

i lost.

I guess the good news is that now i can meaure the vesa screw hole placements for myself?

ouch !!!

rockaway1836 09-26-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteboy714 (Post 58610968)
Dude is this a joke, what is going on with the shipping of these things. Rush job? I think whenever best buy gets them I am going to open mine right there.

This kind of thing happened a lot in the early days of both the P series, 2018 6 series. If I'm not mistaken I think they began double boxing them, Not sure who did that, Amazon or TCL

mjconnor10 09-26-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteboy714 (Post 58610968)

I don't think this is shipping. The box seems to be in really good shape. There's a hole in the back of the box and near the bottom - nowhere near where the top of the screen is. Pretty incidental, IMO. With the set powered down, I can see what looks like a big bubble where the damage is, with a line running across to the right.

SkinsDC 09-26-2019 03:42 PM

Sucks seeing all these damages. Has anyone received a damaged 65" unit or have these incidents involved the 55" only so far?

I'm wondering how much this has to do with this first limited production run that Amazon received from TCL?

This TV should be a very high volume seller due to price value for performance, so this issue better get sorted quickly.

rockaway1836 09-26-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjconnor10 (Post 58611048)
I don't think this is shipping. The box seems to be in really good shape. There's a hole in the back of the box and near the bottom - nowhere near where the top of the screen is. Pretty incidental, IMO. With the set powered down, I can see what looks like a big bubble where the damage is, with a line running across to the right.

It looks like someone dropped it. It does not take much of a shock to screw up today's TVs. A few years back I was the lucky winner of a Sony XBR850A it arrived direct from Sony looking like yours. When the replacement arrived it had a dent in the rear cover. The second one worked and it was not costing me a dime so I kept it. The point I'm trying to make is that shipping can be a pure B**CH

garetjaxor 09-26-2019 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsDC (Post 58611088)
Sucks seeing all these damages. Has anyone received a damaged 65" unit or have these incidents involved the 55" only so far?

I'm wondering how much this has to do with this first limited production run that Amazon received from TCL?

This TV should be a very high volume seller due to price value for performance, so this issue better get sorted quickly.

Yea I had a damaged 65 inch that was delivered yesterday. No box damage at all.

Jakegsxr11 09-26-2019 06:56 PM

I got a damaged box with an excellent TV in it. The only issue is some slight vignetting about 1/2" in each corner on a white screen.

audionutzzzz 09-26-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsDC (Post 58610986)
Same here. Didn't yours come with damage? Do you still have it to test for other things?

yes mine has dark spot on left side of screen.. but still using it until amazon picks it up Tuesday.

SUPERS0NICBOOM 09-26-2019 10:13 PM

Looks like I got a pretty good set! [emoji2] Almost no banding. Just some issues with the corners and edges but nothing noticable in regular content.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...77c84f4373.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0039109ce3.jpg

profb888 09-27-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad (Post 58609944)
I think they look cool. At least they look different than the other 100 TVs offered right now that all have the same legs in the same place.

Isn't the Harmony learning? i.e. You can capture the IR code sent from the TCL remote. All that said, perhaps the TCL uses BT/RF for the remote since it's a Roku TV. For that, you would need the Harmony Hub. I'm not sure if it can learn RF signals as well, but I bet it can.

I have the hub. I think it can learn, it's just a PITA, and might not do everything. This is Harmony's job and this is an anticipated model, so I figured they would have it, or in any case pretty soon.

To add a data point, my 65" arrived, box in perfect shape, movers (didn't see a company--just said Amazon and it looked like they had a rental truck(!)) were great. they said they had been ordered to tie it down well. they helped me upbox and plug in, and waited to see if there was any damage. It does look slightly dark in the corners, but that's pretty normal, right?

Also, I have a Pixel 3 but I see now way to do the auto calibration. anyone else?

Jesse Coane 09-27-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profb888 (Post 58613996)
I have the hub. I think it can learn, it's just a PITA, and might not do everything. This is Harmony's job and this is an anticipated model, so I figured they would have it, or in any case pretty soon.

To add a data point, my 65" arrived, box in perfect shape, movers (didn't see a company--just said Amazon and it looked like they had a rental truck(!)) were great. they said they had been ordered to tie it down well. they helped me upbox and plug in, and waited to see if there was any damage. It does look slightly dark in the corners, but that's pretty normal, right?

Also, I have a Pixel 3 but I see now way to do the auto calibration. anyone else?

I bet the IR codes are the same as the 2018 model. Try entering that one?

EdT586 09-27-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsDC (Post 58606754)
Hi everyone,

New owner here of the 2019 TCL 65" R625 and I didn't see an official owner's thread for this set yet, so I hope this is ok.

I've been reading this forum for many years and had been following the 2019 TCL Pricing & Availability thread to this point, but thought it was time for a true owners thread for this specific set. I hope the other recent new owners of the R625 will join in here as well. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Best,
Mike

Is there a Picture Settings page here somewhere as well ? Preferably if someone had it professionally calibrated and can kindly post the settings for:
Brightness
Contrast
Sharpness
Color
Tint

boogietillyapuke 09-27-2019 02:09 PM

At least y’all received broken TVs. I received mine this morning from Amazon. Opened the box and looked for the stands to at least set it up and make sure it worked before I ripped the old 55Vizio off the wall mount and put the new one on the wall, no stands in box.

Took the big ziplock bag out with all the paperwork in it, removed quick setup guide and took a look.....Sharp Roku Tv. Looked at MFG data plate on back....Sharp TV. Box clearly is TCL 65R625.....content.....Sharp Roku. Have already talked to Amazon and TCL, we’ll see where it goes from here.