AVS Forum banner

2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 (55" & 65") Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

434K views 3K replies 338 participants last post by  bilmar 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

New owner here of the 2019 TCL 65" R625 and I didn't see an official owner's thread for this set yet, so I hope this is ok.

I've been reading this forum for many years and had been following the 2019 TCL Pricing & Availability thread to this point, but thought it was time for a true owners thread for this specific set. I hope the other recent new owners of the R625 will join in here as well. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Best,
Mike

#11 ·
I think they look cool. At least they look different than the other 100 TVs offered right now that all have the same legs in the same place.

my harmony remote doesn't recognize TCL 65R625. How quickly do they generally register new models? I would have thought they'd be ready for such an anticipated model.
Isn't the Harmony learning? i.e. You can capture the IR code sent from the TCL remote. All that said, perhaps the TCL uses BT/RF for the remote since it's a Roku TV. For that, you would need the Harmony Hub. I'm not sure if it can learn RF signals as well, but I bet it can.

#63 ·
Try using Roku TV as the model. Last years 6 series did not do a good job of transferring the proper buttons when you used the model# (i.e. 615 or 617) but once used Roku TV as the model it had all the proper buttons.

#7 ·
Hung mine up last night. With the virtually invisible bezel the 65R625 takes up about the same space as my old 55" LG did. The "Gravity locks" released and the picture is stunning. No dead spots, no brown outs just a crystal clear picture. Can't wait to see how it handles sports and OTA broadcasts. Love the Roku OS too. Glad I waited for this set.

#8 ·
Is the automatic calibration through the app available now or that a near feature update? If it is already available has anyone tried it yet? I’m wondering is it is accurate and worth considering in my next tv purchase as a bonus perk of the TCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I asked in the other thread, but didn't get a response. Can someone measure their 55" to see how far from the top of the set the top set of holes for mounting are? And how far from the bottom the bottom holes are? I need to mount mine, and it's going to be a really tight fit. It hasn't arrived from Amazon yet, and I'd like to get a head start.

#21 ·
Sucks seeing all these damages. Has anyone received a damaged 65" unit or have these incidents involved the 55" only so far?

I'm wondering how much this has to do with this first limited production run that Amazon received from TCL?

This TV should be a very high volume seller due to price value for performance, so this issue better get sorted quickly.

#30 ·
At least y’all received broken TVs. I received mine this morning from Amazon. Opened the box and looked for the stands to at least set it up and make sure it worked before I ripped the old 55Vizio off the wall mount and put the new one on the wall, no stands in box.

Took the big ziplock bag out with all the paperwork in it, removed quick setup guide and took a look.....Sharp Roku Tv. Looked at MFG data plate on back....Sharp TV. Box clearly is TCL 65R625.....content.....Sharp Roku. Have already talked to Amazon and TCL, we’ll see where it goes from here.

#32 ·
Yes. Sharp LC65Q7370U, Roku TV, manufactured by HiSense. No stands, no Roku remote, and wrong frikin TV.

I called TCL just to see if the 2 manufacturers shared a facility and it could have been a mix up and was told no. Still had one Fiberglas strap on it, but that could have been easily replaced with the right equipment at a warehouse. Originally shipped out of York, PA if I remember correctly.

#36 ·
I got the right television, but trying to watch HDR10 content in the Vudu app (Deadpool 2, Booksmart) is dark and unwatchable, everything else seems to work, and even what I believe is HDR10 content elsewhere (The Grand Tour season 3 on Amazon) looks fine.

Dolby Vision HDR and non-hdr 4K video looks fine.

Anyone else having issues?

#37 ·
I got the right television, but trying to watch HDR10 content in the Vudu app (Deadpool 2, Booksmart) is dark and unwatchable, everything else seems to work, and even what I believe is HDR10 content elsewhere (The Grand Tour season 3 on Amazon) looks fine.

Dolby Vision HDR and non-hdr 4K video looks fine.

Anyone else having issues?

Have you adjusted the HDR and other picture settings while in HDR mode?

Reactions: fbov
#41 ·
something is happening, but I may have figured out what causes it.

If I open the Vudu app and go directly to an HDR10 source like Booksmart or Deadpool 2, it looks fine. But if I watch a Dolby Vision video like John Wick 3, then go back to HDR10 without closing the app first, it's completely darkened no matter what I do with the settings. Has this been an issue at all before?

#42 ·
something is happening, but I may have figured out what causes it.

If I open the Vudu app and go directly to an HDR10 source like Booksmart or Deadpool 2, it looks fine. But if I watch a Dolby Vision video like John Wick 3, then go back to HDR10 without closing the app first, it's completely darkened no matter what I do with the settings. Has this been an issue at all before?
Just tried switching between a Dolby Vision movie then HDR 10 in the Vudu app and can confirm it happens to me as well

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#49 ·
2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 (55" & 65") Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Is that from best buy. On Friday my store had no idea. But they said they never really know stuff just shows up.

The thing I have is that the good TV's that paid for prime real estate get the good source materiel. And everything else gets the crappy best buy feed. Hard to really tell from that how good they are.

#48 ·
My 65R625 was delivered by XPO yesterday morning. The uniformity actually looks pretty good (even a little better than the image suggests). It's definitely not bad enough that I want to try for an exchange. Also, I thought my previous 55P605 TCL had a built-in uniformity test screen but I couldn't find it, but I could be thinking of a different TV.

Attachments

#51 ·
I have a tiny “smudge” on the right bottom side of the tv. Almost like it s dirty inside the panel.
I called TCL and they try to troubleshoot it, soft reset, hard reset....
I tried to run color pattern, green, blue, ...
But it’s still here and only visible when the picture is bright.

What would you do? Return, and wait X weeks to get a new one? Try to ignore it ?

Attachments

#52 ·
I have a tiny “smudge” on the right bottom side of the tv. Almost like it s dirty inside the panel.
I called TCL and they try to troubleshoot it, soft reset, hard reset....
I tried to run color pattern, green, blue, ...
But it’s still here and only visible when the picture is bright.

What would you do? Return, and wait X weeks to get a new one? Try to ignore it ?

I cannot tell from your pictures.. But mine was pretty bad. And i am still using it. But amazon is picking it up Tuesday. Overall it is a nice unit..But i am going to give tcl one more shot but with the 65 8 series.

Attachments

#54 ·
I can barely see that with an all-white screen, I can't imagine seeing it during it normal viewing. Personally, I'd be fine with it, as I don't have time to mess with returning something that minor. I know some people are a little pickier and wouldn't settle for anything but a perfect screen.

#58 ·
I got mine Friday and even though the box was a bit beat up, the TV itself is fine. No issues with the panel it seems and I have been playing with it for a little over the weekend. Haven't had the time to set up each picture mode properly, hopefully someone else with more knowledge will post their settings.

It's the first time I am using the ROKU OS and I am having the issue that movies and shows both on Amazon and Netflix have the audio out of sync and the delay is very significant to the point it's not watchable. I am using ARC to get the sound to my receiver and when I change the sound setting to PMC/Stereo as was suggested on the TCL support site, I only have stereo sound output, which is silly. Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve it? Plan B would be using my shield, but it sounded easier to just use one interface.

#60 ·
I'm assuming you have surround sound since you have an AVR. You don't want to use PCM because ARC/Toslink don't have enough bandwidth to send more than 2 channels (stereo) of PCM. You need to use Dolby or DD. I can't think of any reason that Dolby/DD should delay (a significant amount) if you're using an internal app on the TV.. so I'd say that's certainly an issue with the TV. GL!