High end LCD's cleaning with High end eyeglass cleaner? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-29-2019, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
High end LCD's cleaning with High end eyeglass cleaner?

The Monster stuff I find terrible, go figure. I have been using Zeiss Polycarbonate AR coating eyeglass cleaner. It works fantastically. I have used this for years on older sets and now on the likes of the Q900R and C9. I have never noticed any problem. It does not contain alcohol or ammonia. It is made for Zeiss $10,000+ plastic lens glasses. I just decided to search this site about using "eyeglass cleaner". It really came up with nothing specific on the subject other than some do and some don't use it. I figured if I am going to use it, I might as well use the "best" one. Or perhaps some less expensive ones are the same. IDK. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone can definitively state if this is fine or a big no-no? Please nothing jokingly! I am dead serious about this. We are talking about a very large investment of mine here and it is a serious matter to me. Also, please do not suggest a different cleaner. I wish to know only specifically if this is harmless to the display's. I apply sparingly with a clean 3M microfiber cloth. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-29-2019, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I figured this out on my own. I decided to focus on the Zeiss cleaner instead of cleaning screens. The Zeiss cleaner is unique amongst eyeglass cleaners. It is just RO+DI+rebuffered water. 16OZ for $50! You can obtain 150 gallons of it at an aquarium store for $25 Anyways, it is absolutely fine to clean any type of screen with. Since most people do recommend distilled water, this is several steps more pure than that. There is absolutely nothing micro-sharp in this water. No minerals to scratch. As long as it is applied sparingly, only to the 3M microfiber cloth and never the TV itself. It does not streak whatsoever. Such as products labeled "screen cleaner". Which most often contain detergents. I would highly recommend this type of water. However I would probably not pay $50 for 16OZ in retrospect. Nor do we need 150 gallons for our task. I would stop in an aquarium store with a sterile specimen container in hand and ask them if they will fill it for $2.00 Just make sure that you ask for what I mentioned above because they stock different types of water. For instance if you were to accidently obtain salt water, you would surely destroy your screen. I hope my helping myself once again has helped someone else in the future.

Edit: Product description as follows:

ZEISS 000000-2127-990 Overview:
Clean your lenses, fine optics, LCD displays, and even your eyeglasses with the Lens Care Kit from optics manufacturer, ZEISS. Compact enough to store in almost any camera bag, the kit comes with a 2 ounce lens cleaning spray bottle and a microfiber cloth.

Notice that it says "LCD displays". I personally have found this to be of very good results. However, one need not pay these prices for what this is I imagine. This is a description of the smaller size bottle. The same formula is contained in the larger size bottle. I guess once again I have answered my own question in many words. Why I was banned from Q900R thread I suppose. People cannot stand my level of knowledge

Last edited by TriTon464; 09-30-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page