Saving service menu setting changes on Element E2T4019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-24-2019, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Saving service menu setting changes on Element E2T4019

Hi, I just purchased a new Element E2T4019. It's working well, however it comes with a nasty bit of overscan that you can't change in the basic settings menus. I then entered the service menu (pressing menu, then 0000) and happily found a setting to turn off overscan. Problem solved! However, upon turning off the TV and turning it back on, I saw that my overscan settings were reset to the default, and my screen was still cut off, meaning that upon turning off the TV, the service menu is set back to default settings. Meaning that if I don't want overscan, I'll need to enter the service menu and change values every time I turn on my TV. Honestly, I can live with that, but it'll definitely get annoying. I can't find out how to save my changes in the service menu anywhere. I came across ways to do it on other brands of TVs, like pressing mute twice and then enter for certain Sony tvs, but nothing for my element. If anyone has any idea how to save changes to the service menu on an Element TV, I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you know ways to do it on other TVs, please let me know, I'll try them on here, maybe it'll work.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-24-2019, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmcknd View Post
Hi, I just purchased a new Element E2T4019. It's working well, however it comes with a nasty bit of overscan that you can't change in the basic settings menus. I then entered the service menu (pressing menu, then 0000) and happily found a setting to turn off overscan. Problem solved! However, upon turning off the TV and turning it back on, I saw that my overscan settings were reset to the default, and my screen was still cut off, meaning that upon turning off the TV, the service menu is set back to default settings. Meaning that if I don't want overscan, I'll need to enter the service menu and change values every time I turn on my TV. Honestly, I can live with that, but it'll definitely get annoying. I can't find out how to save my changes in the service menu anywhere. I came across ways to do it on other brands of TVs, like pressing mute twice and then enter for certain Sony tvs, but nothing for my element. If anyone has any idea how to save changes to the service menu on an Element TV, I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you know ways to do it on other TVs, please let me know, I'll try them on here, maybe it'll work.

Thanks in advance.
Settings for overscan - if that TV has them - should be in the Picture settings menu. You should stay away from the Service Menus.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 6 Old 11-24-2019, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Settings for overscan - if that TV has them - should be in the Picture settings menu. You should stay away from the Service Menus.
Thanks for your reply. This TV does not have overscan settings on the basic settings menu. I am fully aware of the dangers of messing with the service menu and I am not touching any settings that I don't understand. I have already successfully found and adjusted overscan in the service menu, it's a safe change that does not damage my tv, I just need the change to stick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-24-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmcknd View Post
Thanks for your reply. This TV does not have overscan settings on the basic settings menu. I am fully aware of the dangers of messing with the service menu and I am not touching any settings that I don't understand. I have already successfully found and adjusted overscan in the service menu, it's a safe change that does not damage my tv, I just need the change to stick.
Did you check the Aspect control in the Picture "advanced settings" menu? Most newer TVs won't have a control marked "overscan". Instead this is rolled into controls for "picture size".

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Did you check the Aspect control in the Picture "advanced settings" menu? Most newer TVs won't have a control marked "overscan". Instead this is rolled into controls for "picture size".
Yeah, the aspect controls don't change the overscan, they just zoom in and out of varying degrees from the already cut off picture. I've went through every bit of the settings menu and there isn't anything that changes overscan.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-08-2019, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the late response, but I was able to fix my overscan problems with this TV through the normal TV menu. It was pretty cryptic, but it worked. All you have to do is go into the "advanced settings" of the video tab on the menu and then change the HDMI mode from "video" to "graphic". This turns off overscan and fixed a problem I was having with there being some video artifacts on some of the black hues when watching TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Element , overscan , service menu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page