New Samsung curved TV arrived with a black spot - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-27-2019, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down New Samsung curved TV arrived with a black spot

Hi,

So I got a 55" curved Samsung QLED 4k some months ago and it has an inch wide circular spot on the top left. Picture attached.

The TV was delivered on a Sunday and the Samsung tech guys were only going to come on Monday. So I figured I'll open and set it up myself, but after the whole thing was setup, I found this.

Obviously I got in touch with the store where I bought it from, who sent me to Samsung support. Samsung support sent me back to the store again. I was continuously told that I shouldn't have opened it myself and that my warranty is void because of that. Surprisingly no one ever thought about informing this to us while we were purchasing the TV. Neither was there any warning notice on the box or any sticker on the TV about this. After a week of this back and forth and complaining online, finally someone from Samsung tech team contacted us, and came home to take a look. After taking a look, he was like "the best I can give you is a discount on the charges to replace the whole panel". To this I replied I'll get back to them, but I don't really want to spend 4k Turkish Lira after just spending 10k on the TV just days ago.

This is Samsung Turkey and the TV was bought in Istanbul.

What step can I take to get this solved, possibly without spending any money.? I am very disappointed by Samsung Turkey and have no hopes that they will solve this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pixel.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	2646348  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-27-2019, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Welcome to AVS forums.

That's brutal, if you bought on a credit card you may have recourse. I've ever only heard about claims being dismissed due to physical damage. Was the box sealed new? No way Samsung/retailer should be getting away with this.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
blackspot , customerservice , istanbul , qled , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page