Sharp TV Unable to Download Firmware - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-29-2019, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sharp TV Unable to Download Firmware

Maybe my TV isn't supported anymore. But Sharp has it on their website. I was trying to download the firmware and for some reason it doesn't download. I was curious if any of you would be willing to give it a try and see if will download for you?

My model number is LC-52E77UN

You can either search for the model number or you can trust my link:
https://www.sharpusa.com/Support/Pro...del=LC-52E77UN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryshock View Post
Maybe my TV isn't supported anymore. But Sharp has it on their website. I was trying to download the firmware and for some reason it doesn't download. I was curious if any of you would be willing to give it a try and see if will download for you?

My model number is LC-52E77UN

You can either search for the model number or you can trust my link:
https://www.sharpusa.com/Support/Pro...del=LC-52E77UN
Have you tried the chat option that shows on the link you provided ? I have this set in a spare bedroom, it works fine and still has a great picture after all these years. Sorry, I have no desire to fix what ain't broke with a firmware update.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
Have you tried the chat option that shows on the link you provided ? I have this set in a spare bedroom, it works fine and still has a great picture after all these years. Sorry, I have no desire to fix what ain't broke with a firmware update.
The set has been buggy. Many years ago, I tried to install a new firmware but it was the same as what is already on it. I thought maybe I could try it again. Lately the set starts up on channel 2.1 or it goes to cable. When that wasn't the last thing it was set on. I tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in. I also tried to reset it. But neither one fixes this issue. I haven't tried the Chat feature because I assumed whoever I might get a hold of won't know anything. Could just be a "bot" I don't know what answers those things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 12:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryshock View Post
The set has been buggy. Many years ago, I tried to install a new firmware but it was the same as what is already on it. I thought maybe I could try it again. Lately the set starts up on channel 2.1 or it goes to cable. When that wasn't the last thing it was set on. I tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in. I also tried to reset it. But neither one fixes this issue. I haven't tried the Chat feature because I assumed whoever I might get a hold of won't know anything. Could just be a "bot" I don't know what answers those things.
You have nothing to lose by giving chat a shot. Good luck !
post #5 of 5 Old 12-07-2019, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
You have nothing to lose by giving chat a shot. Good luck !
I kinda do. They ask for personal information before they allow you to chat. They want you to enter your full name and your phone number. I try to be careful about giving out that information. I only do that on sites I trust. Not sure I trust their website. After all they give you 3 download buttons that leads to nowhere! That sounds like a website that is not being well maintained.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page