• 1 Post By orbitzboy

post #1 of 6 Old 12-05-2019, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
8K demo videos

I've been scouring the internet looking for 8k material to play on my new 8k television. Not easy!

I've put everything I've found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...CK?usp=sharing

If you have something else, please let me know and I'll add it to the list. Some of the files, like the raw 8k files from a red camera (.r3d) I've also rendered to high bit rate HDR HEVC files via adobe premiere since I don't think a lot of systems can play the raw files.
robdman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-06-2019, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 590
You got most of the ones I know about. Youtube is the main source at this point. And there are a few available for download here and there. Looks like you got the NASA one too.

The only other ones I know are some people who use video cards to pre-render games at 8K and capture the output.

Media: LG 88" 8K OLED Z9 / Denon AVR-X8500H 7.1.4 / Oppo UDP-203 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / Sony 4K FMP-X10 / Gaming PC (Threadripper 1950X / 2x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI) / PlayStation 4 Pro with PS VR / PlayStation (original)
Family: Sony 85" 4K XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / C64 Mini - Game: LG 77" 4K OLED C8 / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K
post #3 of 6 Old 12-06-2019, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantc View Post
You got most of the ones I know about. Youtube is the main source at this point. And there are a few available for download here and there. Looks like you got the NASA one too.

The only other ones I know are some people who use video cards to pre-render games at 8K and capture the output.
Thanks. I sure wish Sony would release their demo material for Z9G owners. That pre-rendered Forza game clip at 8k is breathtaking.
robdman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-07-2019, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Do you manage to play 8K VP9 videos on your Sony Z9G ?
Do they play in HDR ?

On the Samsung 8K set (Q900R) the codec has to be HEVC for 8K (that's why I had to re-encode all the Youtube 8K videos from VP9 to HEVC but HDR got lost in the process).

Last edited by sebos13; 12-07-2019 at 10:22 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-07-2019, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebos13 View Post
Do you manage to play 8K VP9 videos on your Sony Z9G ?
Do they play in HDR ?

On the Samsung 8K set (Q900R) the codec has to be HEVC for 8K (that's why I had to re-encode all the Youtube 8K videos from VP9 to HEVC but HDR got lost in the process).
Does Samsung use Android TV?

If so, I've found an app that lets you play youtube natively at 8k - streaming VP9. called "Smart YouTube TV" . You need to sideload it (I use APKTIME). Ironically enough, I can't seem to play VP9 from a USB key, it doesn't even load up.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-08-2019, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
No Android TV on Samsung sets, they use a proprietary system called Tizen OS, which is actually not bad, but apps catalog is limited.

It's a total nonsense that the native Youtube app on the Samsung 8K TV is not capable of playing 8K videos (they play in 4K).
According to the TV specs, 8K videos must use the HEVC codec and VP9 is limited to 4K

Also, Samsung is supposed to launch an app call The Explorers with full support for 8K HDR videos soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page