Right now the price difference between the 65" TCL Series 6 and the 65" Vizio P Quantum is $100 (Best Buy). Is the Vizio worth the extra $100? Thanks for the help!
Here is a reply I posted in another thread about my decision to go with the P Series Quantum over the TCL (and Hisense). Granted, one of the reasons I went with the 75 inch doesn't apply to your decision with the 65 inch but the rest of the info may prove helpful.
I was actually considering all three (Hisense H9F was the third) this past fall when I was in the market to upgrade to a new display. All three had the specs/features I was looking for and all were within my price range. Truth be told I was leaning heavily towards the Hisense after reading all the reviews online and watching various Youtube channels that review 4K displays.
My focus didn't change until I went to the local BB. They did not have the Hisense H9F on display. They did have the H8F and they had both 65 inch TCL 6 series (2018 and 2019) as well as the 75 inch 6 series. I spent a great deal of time over several visits looking at these displays and also the Vizio P Series Quantum. I do realize that a store environment isn't always the best place to make judgments but I didn't really have any other options. To my eyes the Vizio's picture quality jumped out at me much more so than either of the TCL models. I did realize a big part of that was the type of content they were displaying. The TCLs were running their usual store demo that had pictures of Matt Damon in that "Wall movie" shooting an arrow out of the large Chinese structure. The Vizio was running its store content with its big splashy colors and heavy focus on contrast and black levels.
I eventually bought the 75 inch P series Quantum and am totally happy with my choice. Part of my reason for choosing it was the display performance at the BB. I loved the deep blacks and bright, well saturated colors. The other part of my decision was because I wanted a 75 inch with Quantum dots. Looking at the 75 inch versus 65 inch displays in the store made me want the 75 inch. More immersive. The 75 inch TCL 6 series does not have the Quantum dots so I ruled that one out.
- I do see some color banding under certain conditions but it is more of a rarity rather than a regular occurrence.
- The Smartcast operating system is both a benefit and a detriment. You can do some really cool things with it. The inability to add additional apps is a bit discouraging. I would like Disney Plus to be on there as well as the NFL app. Of course I did have a Roku Premier from my previous 4K display which remedied that issue.
- Ghosting does happen but the only place I see it is when use the search function on Youtube in conjuction with the full array local dimming is set to medium or high.
- Like I said, the picture is impressive with bright, well saturated colors and deep blacks.
- Motion looks fine to me as I watch NFL football every week.
- My panel did not display any notable dirty screen effect and I haven't picked up on any vertical banding with the local dimming.