Costco Samsung Q7 85" questions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-14-2019, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Costco Samsung Q7 85" questions

Hello,

Had a samsung Q7 85 inch TV delivered this week. A few things are bugging me about it. First, the L/R stickers on the legs are mostly peeled off and it's clear that they had been pushed into the tv and then removed. Seems fishy. Would they send me a tv someone else returned? Also, when playing amazon 4k hdr shows on my old KS8000, at the start of the show there is a drop down that says "An HDR video is playing" I don't get that on the Q7. Are you guys seeing this? Lastly, some shows, Vikings in particular look really bad. I use a tivo premier for regular tv.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-14-2019, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Did you unbox the tv yourself? It's pretty obvious by looking at the packaging if it was previously opened. How was the power cord coiled? What about the bags holding the remote, batteries, and screws?
post #3 of 5 Old 12-14-2019, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
Did you unbox the tv yourself? It's pretty obvious by looking at the packaging if it was previously opened. How was the power cord coiled? What about the bags holding the remote, batteries, and screws?
Yep. Box looked legit and was only taped once. power cord looked like it had not been used. documentation looked good. There's supposed to be a $50 google play credit with this tv. Not sure if there was supposed to be something in the box for that or not. Some of the Styrofoam packing have small pieces broken off that are nowhere to be found.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-14-2019, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato5oh View Post
Yep. Box looked legit and was only taped once. power cord looked like it had not been used. documentation looked good. There's supposed to be a $50 google play credit with this tv. Not sure if there was supposed to be something in the box for that or not. Some of the Styrofoam packing have small pieces broken off that are nowhere to be found.
I wouldn't worry about it being an open box then.

I recently bought a new Sony tv that came with 2 free Google Play movie downloads. I got them buy using the app on the tv, which "knew" of the free items. However, they charged me for the first movie despite saying it was free. The next 2 were free. After I filed a complaint with Google Play, they refunded the cost of the first movie and deleted it from my library.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-14-2019, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1287 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by neato5oh View Post
Hello,

Had a samsung Q7 85 inch TV delivered this week. A few things are bugging me about it. First, the L/R stickers on the legs are mostly peeled off and it's clear that they had been pushed into the tv and then removed. Seems fishy. Would they send me a tv someone else returned? Also, when playing amazon 4k hdr shows on my old KS8000, at the start of the show there is a drop down that says "An HDR video is playing" I don't get that on the Q7. Are you guys seeing this? Lastly, some shows, Vikings in particular look really bad. I use a tivo premier for regular tv.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--Bill
The HDR video notification on the KS8000 went away during a firmware update some time ago, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't brought back for later sets.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page