post #1 of 20 Old 01-06-2020, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 465 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9394 Post(s)
Liked: 16658
New Hisense TVs at CES 2020

From the official press release:

Hisense Unveils Diverse Product Lineup at CES 2020, Combining the Latest Technology and Upgraded Picture Quality to Elevate the Viewing Experience

Witness the latest in home entertainment innovation at Hisense’s booth at CES, LVCC, Central Hall - 10039

LAS VEGAS - (Jan. 6, 2020) - Hisense, provider of high-performance televisions and appliances, unveils its 2020 TV lineup that combines new technologies, such as ULED, multiple content platforms, and smart home capabilities in a sleek package at a competitive price point. Hisense is now the #5 TV brand in the U.S. in units and is the fastest growing top 6 TV brands in the U.S. Hisense is committed to bringing the latest technological innovations to market and seamlessly blending the latest in software with sleek hardware to provide premium product offerings to consumers.

“Our industry-leading growth in 2019 was driven by our focus on quality and innovation. The industry took notice, and the H9F continues to receive accolades, routinely named by experts as the top choice in the coveted sub-$1,000 category,” says David Gold, Hisense U.S.A. Vice President, Consumer Electronics. “Hisense will build on that success in 2020. Consumers are tired of being dazzled with unattainable technology. Our lineup brings high-performing products that are not only accessible for the consumer yearning for an enhanced experience, but exceed expectations in each of their respective categories.”

L5 4K Ultra Short Throw Laser TV: A Full Cinematic Experience at an Unbelievable Price
Hisense is bringing the big-screen experience - once only seen in cinemas - into almost any room of the home with the new L5 Series. The L5 offers a far more affordable and energy efficient solution than large LCD screens, and delivers true-to-life images that exceed the standard 4K color range.

The L5’s blue laser light source produces razor-sharp, precise images with stunning detail, all while avoiding unwanted light dispersion and offering a more natural viewing experience. Fast-moving images appear smooth and precise, making it the ideal source for watching sports, enjoying fast-action movies and gaming. Embedded speakers featuring dbx-tv provide a superior audio experience, and Android TV brings plenty of content options with more than 5,000 apps and games from the Google Play Store to the 100” screen.

H9G Quantum Series: A Series Favorite Delivers Even More Features in 2020
Featuring Hisense’s patented ULED technology for enhanced picture quality, the H9G Quantum Dot Series includes even more upgrades in 2020 at a highly competitive price point. The addition of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos image and sound technologies provide enhanced color and immersive audio. Additional local dimming zones paired with Quantum Dot results in a true-to-life watching experience, and Android TV brings over 500,000 movies and shows, plus video streaming from Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and others, making it easy to find your favorite content. In-bezel microphones and far-field voice control makes H9G a true smart home hub.

With the Google Assistant built into the H9G series, users can do more on the TV with just their voice. Ask the Assistant to search for the latest blockbuster or stream shows. You can also ask it questions and see the answers on the TV. Have it dim the lights by connecting smart home devices, or manage tasks and see calendars without needing to grab another device. With screenless mode, you can access the Assistant on the TV even when it’s off. It acts like a Google Assistant speaker. When you want to see a response to a question or command, the Assistant will know to turn on the TV.

H8G Quantum Series: Quantum Dot Technology Brings a Premium Viewing Experience
The H8G Quantum Series gets a major enhancement in 2020 with the addition of Quantum Dot technology. Featuring Hisense’s patented ULED technology, Hi-View Engine, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, the H8G Series provides an exceptional viewing experience at an affordable price. Now with screen sizes reaching up to 75”, viewers can enjoy richer colors and greater detail with the addition of more local dimming zones, all on a user-friendly platform. With integrated Android technology, users can easily stream thousands of movies and shows from a variety of platforms such as Netflix, Hulu and YouTube. The Hisense Android TV features a voice remote for easy browsing, and the built-in Google Assistant allows users to quickly search and access entertainment, get answers from Google, control smart home devices, and more.

H65G Series: An array for 4K UHD Android TV Options
Hisense brings even more Android TV options in 2020 with the H65G Series, a 4K ultra high definition TV featuring Dolby Vision, DTS Virtual: X, Motion Rate Technology, and Bluetooth Audio. Great for gaming, streaming your favorite movies or TV shows and listening to music, with six available screen sizes, the H65G has an option for every room and budget. The TV is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, letting users control the TV via Alexa-enabled and Google Home devices.

XD9G: 4K ULED XD TV
Unveiled at CES 2019, Hisense will also have the XD9G on display this year. The XD9G features Hisense’s proprietary ULED XD technology. The television integrates Quantum Dot technology, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. The fusion of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos transforms entertainment experiences through ultra vivid picture quality – incredible brightness, contrast, color, and detail – and immersive moving audio that flows all around a listener. In-bezel microphones and smart features, such as far-field voice control and integrated Google Assistant, make the TV a smart home hub.

Roku TV
Roku is America’s #1 TV streaming platform, and Hisense Roku TV models offer consumers a customizable home screen, thousands of free and paid streaming channels and advanced features like fast and easy search across top channels with results ranked by price search. The Roku home screen puts a customer’s favorite entertainment in one place so it’s easier than ever to watch what they love, including live TV, news, sports, hit movies, popular shows and more. Plus, consumers will always get the latest features with automatic updates. They also get access to the free Roku mobile app with even more features like Roku Voice and private listening. For additional voice control, customers can use Alexa-enabled devices and/or the Google Assistant to control a Roku TV.

R8F Series: First ULED 4K Hisense Roku TV
Combining stellar picture quality from Hisense with the Roku OS, the R8F Series provides incredible color, a detailed picture and fluid motion during action, sports and gaming sequences.

As the first 4K ULED Hisense Roku TV model, the R8F is a testament to the company’s five decades of innovation, expertise and product excellence. The R8F supports Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG to create astonishing images with enhanced color and more depth. With Motion Rate processing technology, viewers can enjoy the action of sports and games without lag or judder.

R6E3 Series: 4K Ultra High Definition Hisense Roku TV
The R6E3 Series brings an array of options for any room of the house and any budget, and also features a new, sleek bezel-less design. With over 8 million pixels, the R6E3 offers a clearer, more defined picture than Full HD, and DTS Studio Sound provides full, detailed sound from the TV’s speakers. For even more control, customers can use Alexa or Google Assistant enabled devices to control the TV.

H4G Series: Affordable Smart TV Ideal for Cord Cutters and Streamers
The Hisense Roku TV H4G Series is ideal for binge-watchers on a budget. Equipped with built-in Wi-Fi and faster search, users can activate and find their favorite shows, and sit back and enjoy the rich 2K picture. Customers can also use Alexa or Google Assistant enabled devices to control the TV.

Pricing and Availability
Hisense is showcasing its entire 2020 product lineup, including the brand new L5 laser TV and the upgraded H9G and H8G Series, January 7-10, 2020 at CES in the LVCC, Central Hall - 10039.

L5 Series will be available April 2020 for $5,999 MSRP.
H9G Series will be available April 2020 for $699.99 (55”) and $999.99 (65”) MSRP.
H8G Series will be available March 2020 for $399.99 (50”), $499.99 (55”), $699.99 (65”) and $1,399.99 (75”) MSRP.
H65G Series will be available Q2 2020 for $269.99 (43”), $299.99 (50”), $329.99 (55”), $479.99 (65”), $899.99 (75”) and $1,499.99 (85”) MSRP.
XD9G Series availability and pricing to be announced.
R8F Series available now at Walmart.com and for $499.99 (55”) and $699.99 (65”) MSRP.
R6E3 Series will be available in 2020 for $228 (43”), $248 (50”), $298 (58”), $428 (65”) and $798 (75”) MSRP.
H4G Series will be available 2020 for $115 (32”), $178 (40”) and $196 (43”) MSRP.

To learn more about all of Hisense’s premium offerings, visit Hisense-usa.com and follow @HisenseUSA on Facebook and YouTube and @Hisense_USA on Instagram and Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 207
something wrong here!
it's a TCL thing repeated
post #3 of 20 Old 01-13-2020, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 314
TCL and Hisense have really upped their game the past 2 years, and have really put Samsung and Sony on notice that they are here to play and stay!
ES_Revenge likes this.

Sony 75X900F / MediaLight Quad 6500K
Sony X800
Denon X4400H / Outlaw 5000 (5.2.4 Atmos) AIRCOM T9
Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, Klipsch RS-52 II, Klipsch RP-500SA
SVS PB-3000 x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 03-26-2020, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Hisense H8G is now a active product on Amazon. Not available to purchase just yet though.
HINT: Despite not being mentioned by Hisense themselves, both the H8G and the H9G will also support HDR10+ format too so that makes Hisense another brand here in North America that supports all HDR format standards (HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision).
ES_Revenge likes this.

America elevates you to another level.
post #5 of 20 Old 03-27-2020, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Pretty sure the R8F is just an H8F with Roku instead of Android. Someone else mentioned it on another thread recently:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...sense-r8f.html

It's kind of pricey (55 is $449 @ Walmart US) given the H8F has been on deals (clearance?) for significantly less in the past couple months. I have a TCL 5-series w/Roku and a Hisense H8F with Android, and TBH I'm not sure I'd want the H8F with Roku, though a lot of people have complained about Android being "sluggish" or "laggy". I actually think it's not that bad, though trying to make adjustments when streaming is going on is a bit messed up. Also the MSRP for the R8F seems to be the same as the H8G for the same sizes...so who would buy the R8F? Guessing in reality the R8F will be cheaper.

H8G seems like a great replacement for the H8F, with [hopefully] a little higher brightness and larger sizes offered. This will be going up against TCL's R62x, no doubt. I wonder if they upgraded the SoC...doubtful given it's never mentioned but maybe. However again prices won't be nearly as good as the outgoing H8F; prices probably not too great until BF I'd imagine.

The real gem is supposed to be the dual-panel XD9G of course, but the release date and the price are another story. Seems like it won't be out until Q4 or so, especially with the "situation" the world is in right now. Now this TV has the potential to blow everything out of the water. Though I doubt it will really put one over on Sony, Samsung, it does have the potential if they get the processing right. Even with non-spectacular processing though, I think it will be awesome and probably set a new standard for LCDs in some regards. We'll have to wait and see of course.
post #6 of 20 Old 03-27-2020, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post
Pretty sure the R8F is just an H8F with Roku instead of Android. Someone else mentioned it on another thread recently:

It's kind of pricey (55 is $449 @ Walmart US) given the H8F has been on deals (clearance?) for significantly less in the past couple months. I have a TCL 5-series w/Roku and a Hisense H8F with Android, and TBH I'm not sure I'd want the H8F with Roku, though a lot of people have complained about Android being "sluggish" or "laggy". I actually think it's not that bad, though trying to make adjustments when streaming is going on is a bit messed up. Also the MSRP for the R8F seems to be the same as the H8G for the same sizes...so who would buy the R8F? Guessing in reality the R8F will be cheaper.

H8G seems like a great replacement for the H8F, with [hopefully] a little higher brightness and larger sizes offered. This will be going up against TCL's R62x, no doubt. I wonder if they upgraded the SoC...doubtful given it's never mentioned but maybe. However again prices won't be nearly as good as the outgoing H8F; prices probably not too great until BF I'd imagine.

The real gem is supposed to be the dual-panel XD9G of course, but the release date and the price are another story. Seems like it won't be out until Q4 or so, especially with the "situation" the world is in right now. Now this TV has the potential to blow everything out of the water. Though I doubt it will really put one over on Sony, Samsung, it does have the potential if they get the processing right. Even with non-spectacular processing though, I think it will be awesome and probably set a new standard for LCDs in some regards. We'll have to wait and see of course.
I don't think the H8G will be able to compete with TCL's 2020 R6 Series. That will feature MiniLED. Hisense is only increasing their dimming zones by 50% this year. Which means the 50" would have 48 zones (instead of 32), the 55 inch would have 84 zones (instead of 56), and the 65" would have 90 zones (instead of 60). They have also stated the brightness (700 nits but falls well short of that unless using Vivid Mode which reaches 680 nits on the H8F) would be the same but have a Quantum Dot Panel this year like their H9 Series.
post #7 of 20 Old 03-28-2020, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoland2020 View Post
Hisense H8G is now a active product on Amazon. Not available to purchase just yet though.
HINT: Despite not being mentioned by Hisense themselves, both the H8G and the H9G will also support HDR10+ format too so that makes Hisense another brand here in North America that supports all HDR format standards (HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision).
YES, I was at CES 2020 and noticed the HDR10+ listed on the H9G, so I asked the rep and he confirmed it, but since it was not "official", they couldn't put it in writing anywhere apparently.
post #8 of 20 Old 03-28-2020, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:

Considering both Sony and Samsung are simply carrying over their 2019 LCD TV technologies without picture quality improvements, it shouldn't be hard for the H9G to close this gap further. Last year's H9F was already so great, and arguably the superior of the Samsung Q70. Maybe this year the H9G can take the leap and match the Q90T.
ES_Revenge likes this.
post #9 of 20 Old 03-28-2020, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieBristol View Post
I don't think the H8G will be able to compete with TCL's 2020 R6 Series. That will feature MiniLED.
Yeah but the thing there is I think TCL is going to continue to sell the R62x for a good while (even see that they are still selling the 2018 R61x) so that "2020 6-series" (R63x?) won't come until later this year I don't think. Plus it will very likely be priced higher than the R62x and sell alongside it. So the H8G will compete more with the R62x and not the MiniLED 6-series.
post #10 of 20 Old 04-01-2020, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hisense H9G Question/Release?

My TV just died 2 days ago and am looking for a replacement in the next month or so. The Hisense H9F has been highly recommended, but while doing my research, I found that the H9G is supposed to come out this month. I have not found any news about a release date, or whether the COVID-19 virus has pushed back the release, but since it is so close to coming out, I don't want to buy the old model. Has anyone heard/found any news regarding its release schedule?
post #11 of 20 Old 04-01-2020, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Munoz View Post
My TV just died 2 days ago and am looking for a replacement in the next month or so. The Hisense H9F has been highly recommended, but while doing my research, I found that the H9G is supposed to come out this month. I have not founcd any news about a release date, or whether the COVID-19 virus has pushed back the release, but since it is so close to coming out, I don't want to buy the old model. Has anyone heard/found any news regarding its release schedule?
H9F has been very hard to find but is a very good set. If you can find it and need a TV now, feel good about getting it. If you can’t find it (probably the more likely scenario), then pick out a few other options that meet your timeframe. Can’t see them announcing and having the new sets here in less than a month.

H9F has been hard to find during it’s entire existence and haven’t seen HiSense doing much to bring the H9G availability up any differently.
post #12 of 20 Old 04-04-2020, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 78
First H8G Review

First review of the 2020 Hisense H8G is out!

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/hi...m-series-65h8g

Pretty basic review, but sounds promising!
post #13 of 20 Old Yesterday, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtn5000 View Post

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/hi...m-series-65h8g

Both of our sons have TCL 4K TVs and we have a 32" Hisense that I us when working on our computers. For the price both brands are very nice but my issue with both brands are that they are Chinese government brands as opposed to being made with components from China. It is likely all vendors use some components from China or even have their products made in China but that is a lot different than a government owned company. The government company doesn't have to answer to stockholders or even make a profit. This is not necessarily a bad thing but it explains why they are so much less expensive than Sony, etc..

When I worked for a large state government, Id see vendors low ball their bid and get the contract because (usually) government has to accept the low bid. After they drove their competitors out and government employee expertise had been sidelined, the low ball contracts would start increasing in price. Of course, the government was "between a rock and a hard place" because competitors were gone.

I'm concerned that this is what will happen with TCL and Hisense and any meaningful competition will gone.

Look what is happening with drugs or drug components during this virus situation. Many are made in China and China has threatened to cut off our supply.
sscroggin likes this.
post #14 of 20 Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the link.
Will be buying a 75'' around black Friday and the H8G is one I will be considering.
Not sure it will be able to hang with the TCL 6 series mini-LED that I also have interest in but you never know.
post #15 of 20 Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1935 View Post
Both of our sons have TCL 4K TVs and we have a 32" Hisense that I us when working on our computers. For the price both brands are very nice but my issue with both brands are that they are Chinese government brands as opposed to being made with components from China. It is likely all vendors use some components from China or even have their products made in China but that is a lot different than a government owned company. The government company doesn't have to answer to stockholders or even make a profit. This is not necessarily a bad thing but it explains why they are so much less expensive than Sony, etc..

When I worked for a large state government, Id see vendors low ball their bid and get the contract because (usually) government has to accept the low bid. After they drove their competitors out and government employee expertise had been sidelined, the low ball contracts would start increasing in price. Of course, the government was "between a rock and a hard place" because competitors were gone.

I'm concerned that this is what will happen with TCL and Hisense and any meaningful competition will gone.

Look what is happening with drugs or drug components during this virus situation. Many are made in China and China has threatened to cut off our supply.
Could happen but might not. Buyers will accept them as value options or bang-for-buck but not if they don’t improve the quality. Racing to the bottom often means too much drop in quality, and it literally takes almost no time for people to turn on a brand.

This is a huge issue because almost all TV manufacturing has been outsourced to China. Samsung, Sony, and LG all outsourced too much of their manufacturing to HiSense, TCL, and a few other Chinese TV and electronic makers will probably continue to grow because they are the options.

The good news is buyers can still demand better by just not buying or by not setting for low quality.

I’m going to replace my 10+ yr old 73” RPTV, but I’m not pressed because it still works. I can’t stand that Sammy, Sony, and LG are on the high-end or else track, and that’s what makes buyers look at TCL and HiSense.

Pick any price point from $500-2000 and there are and will be some pretty good options. Too bad most of hem will cause you to question how you feel about buying from the maker as much as how the TV actually works.
ES_Revenge likes this.
post #16 of 20 Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM

Also just saw that BestBuy has the HiSense 75H8G listed for $1299. Won’t be surprised to see it under $1k. That’s going to put price pressure at the value-end for sure.
post #17 of 20 Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Review is sort of odd. It's basically just a "layperson's" type of review and it's as if the reviewer themselves never heard of Hisense before, lol. No comparison to the H8F (which perhaps the reviewer did not know existed ) but it seems to be much the same with some minor improvements, but improvements are always welcome Seems like they didn't improve the SoC though since Android seems to run about the same, from the review.
post #18 of 20 Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Review is sort of odd. It's basically just a "layperson's" type of review and it's as if the reviewer themselves never heard of Hisense before, lol. No comparison to the H8F (which perhaps the reviewer did not know existed ) but it seems to be much the same with some minor improvements, but improvements are always welcome Seems like they didn't improve the SoC though since Android seems to run about the same, from the review.
Here's to hoping the H9G has an improved processor, it looks like last years models H8F and H9F had the same processor.
post #19 of 20 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here's to hoping the H9G has an improved processor, it looks like last years models H8F and H9F had the same processor.
By "processor" do you mean the image processing or the SoC? Because the SoC sounds very similar. I wonder if Hisense is using the built-in Mediatek processing for the image/video or not though? See like Sony, on their Android TVs, they are using Mediateks as well but they are doing their own in-house video processing.
post #20 of 20 Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
Also just saw that BestBuy has the HiSense 75H8G listed for $1299. Won’t be surprised to see it under $1k. That’s going to put price pressure at the value-end for sure.
Must have just been listed,been watching and didn't notice it Saturday.
Amazon had it listed a couple weeks go at $1440,then up tp $1500.
Now down to $1300.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page